Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
2 Grafton Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.willyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (508) 842-7220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Novotny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
Willy's Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar is the premier steakhouse in Central Massachusetts. Steak isn't the only item we are well known for, we are also known for exquisite sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Shrewsbury ›
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (55)romantic (51)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (18)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- One of the best aroundEricDined on 11/14/2014Willy's Steakhouse is by far the best restaurant in Shrewsbury, if not all of central Mass. The food never disappoints. The streak is always cooked to perfection, and tastes wonderful. They season their steaks using simple flavor that nicely compliment the flavor of the meat without overpowering it. The cuts of meat are top notch as well. But, Willy's is not just a steakhouse. Their sushi is also superb, not to mention the other items on their menu. I generally opt for steak, but have enjoyed their Beef Wellington and pork chops as well which were also delicious. In fact, I have never had a meal there that I didn't love. Of course, food this good does not come cheaply. A typical meal with wine, appetizer, and dessert can easily run $150/couple. However, you leave knowing you just had the best meal you will have all month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for BirthdaysCaitlinDined on 11/11/2014I love Willy's so I put in for a reservation saying it was my husbands birthday and I wanted to make it special. They wished us a happy birthday when we arrived, I say us because they were not sure who's birthday it was. At the end of our meal, which we paid a lot of money for (I'm ok with that because we LOVE the food) they put the dessert menu on the table and asked if we wanted to order anything. Now, I understand it's a nicer restaurant so I didn't expect the kitchen to come out and sing to us but at least a dessert for the birthday guy would have sufficed. It took away from the "birthday" experience and I sort of wished I had gone someplace else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experience this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I have been to Willy's many times, however, this was not one of our favorite visits. The waiter made several mistakes and the two side dished we received were just okay at best. We had the truffle fries and the green bean vegatable, but were somewhat dissatisfied with both. The steaks we had were very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014THE FOOD WAS GREAT THE WAITRESS WAS GREAT THE WHOLE EVENING WAS AWSOME THE NOISE WAS MUCH TOO HIGH AT TIMES WE COULD NOT EVEN HEAR EACH OTHER.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 11/7/2014Great restaurant with delicious food. Although we had a reservation we still had to wait over 45 minutes for our table but they were very apologetic and gave us free drinks, appetizer, and birthday cake so they made up for it.Special Features:
- Unfortunate first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/1/2014I have been looking forward to Willy's for a while as I had heard nothing but good reviews from friends. Unfortunately Saturday was not their best night. We arrived a few minutes early for our 8:15 reservation. At 8:45 when we were still waiting, we complained and the manager did buy us a round of drinks, but we didn't actually sit until almost 9pm. Once sat, the waitstaff was knowledgeable and attentive. Took our orders, kept our drinks full. Unfortunately, when our food arrived, 2 of our 4 steaks were overcooked, my medium rare steak was well done. The waiter took it back without hesitation, and in 10 minutes I had a new steak. Again, the manager came over and apologized and took the steak off the bill. Maybe just a bad night.
- Pete S.PeteSDined on 10/27/2014This restaurant has a great menu selection. I love steak and my wife loves seafood. My steak was outstanding and my wife's lobster was perfect. The addition of sushi on the menu was a great addition. The mackerel and salmon were a great appetizer. The service was excellent without being intrusive. A great place for a special occasion or just out to have a good meal. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good nightPamelaDined on 10/25/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival for our 515 reservation. The only time that was available on a busy Saturday night. The service was good, the food above average. We were seated near the service bar and it was noisy at times. We were celebrating a birthday and the sever put a candle in the dessert. Overall a good night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all good!JillDined on 10/24/2014Our visit to Willy's was excellent. It was busy but the wait staff coordinated an excellent pace for our food. Dishes we were splitting arrived at the table halved and plated. The specials were yummy and the steak cooks to perfection. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014I've had the pleasure of dining at Willy's a number of times and always had a great experience. Food is on the same caliber of any of the high steak houses with a cozy, intimate setting. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a night out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Excellent as always ! Front the valet parking to incalude all staff. This is an excellent retaurant.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time and money!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Slow service and food was ok, but it took so long for the kitchen to cook it. Also, they don't have ANY rib eye steaks on the menu!!
- SammieDined on 10/4/2014The only thing that I would say that would be negative is we had reservations for 7:45 we had to wait about 20 to 25min other than that we had a great time we were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. the meal was wonderful also the waitress. it was a great night. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Outstanding food and service, my wife's b- day and she loved it. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nutty Kenzo!MXH4VIPDined on 9/27/2014We love Willy's Steakhouse and can always count on an excellent meal there. The quality of the steaks is exceptional and they are always cooked to perfection. Although the menu has many delicious options, we always order the Filet Au Poivre with a side dish of Asian Vegetables. The sushi is awesome here too! We ordered the Nutty Kenzo special and it was to die for! Can't wait to get it again. Lastly, the servers are always fantastic. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous!metrowestdinerDined on 9/26/2014What a great experience! The food and service were outstanding. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Reservations are strongly recommended on the weekends.Special Features:
- Excellent!lbarnu02Dined on 9/22/2014We love this restaurant and this occasion was a special treat. We had the opportunity to bring a friend to try it for the first time. Of course it didn't disappoint. Excellent service, excellent food. Could not be happier.Special Features:
- Favorite placeJennDined on 9/20/2014I've been to willy before I just love it there... It was my boyfriend first time. And he's hard to please when it cones to food... All in all best place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration for COpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014This was our first time to Willy's and we were pleasantly surprised. The reviews were good but you never know what you will really get. This exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful time and the food was really good.Special Features:
- vasavi27Dined on 9/19/2014The food was great but service was just ok. Our glasses of water were refilled with lukewarm water. When we asked for new water the waitress took our glasses to swap out with cold water but brought the same glasses back. Our friend got my glass with lipstick stains on it and I got his wife's glass with her lipstick stains on it. I expected to get new glasses in a fine dining restaurant. The waitress also took our drink order in the beginning and an appetizer order from our friends but did not even bother to ask my husband and myself if we wanted an appetizer. We'll go back b/c the food was good and we'll just hope for a new waitress.Special Features:
- Soooo GoodSteaklvrDined on 9/13/2014Second or third time to Willy's over the years. Great every time I go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Still the best steak and service anywhere. Parking could be a problem but it's worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak house in Worcester areaUpdateVIPDined on 9/12/2014Willy's has never disappointed my wife and I EVER in our 19 years living in Shrewsbury. From the celebratory dinner when we bought our house to taking our son to dinner here today for his 17th birthday. From the food (not just steaks their fish and especially sushi can't be topped), intimate " neighborhood" atmosphere ( think "Cheers") and the best service you could want when spending the $ you will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great save!!!grrrrreviewsDined on 9/10/2014"How can you not stock Beefeaters Gin?" our guests asked. They did not, but our waitress somehow searched out a bottle and saved the night before it started! OUTSTANDING service. All four meals - lamb, duck, and steaks were excellent. All cooked and presented perfectly. Raw bar and sushi to start, as well.Special Features:
- Kensu is the BEST!PaulpDined on 9/6/2014Full disclosure: we have been eating Kensu's creations for a few years. I have been able to compare his creations to sushi in Singapore and his is superior! He is meticulous in his fish choosing, storing and prep. Plus, he is very charming and funny! We were there with a party of six & 3 had steak which they said was terrific. Small restaurant and is very intimate. Great service also. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing and the servers were right on top of anything that we needed. Expensive but worth going a few times a year. You get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak ever!bel40Dined on 9/5/2014Willy's has a wonderful sushi bar with an innovative menu. The steak is delicious. However, everything is a la carte and a baked potato is $6.00. Willy's special salad is yummy--pistachio nuts, blue cheese and granny smith apple on a bed of butter lettuce.Special Features:
- Favorite Place for DinnerLoveGoodFoodDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite place for dinner. Kind of a "Cheers" atmosphere but more "restaurant" than tavern. The menu is significantly upscale from tavern food. Willy's is certainly expensive, but for a special occasion when you don't mind spending more, it's perfect. The food, atmosphere, and service are top-notch. If you have never been, try it, you'll enjoy it !Special Features:
- Great dining experience every time!CathyVIPDined on 8/24/2014A little disappointed that the famous chocolate cake was not available but we did sample some of the other dessert options. The chocolate cake is still the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, not amazingMetrowestMomDined on 8/23/2014We came to celebrate for a special occasion. It was good, although I'm not sure I would call it a true special occasion kinda place (even though they placed a congratulations note and some decorations on the table, which was a nice touch). The bar area was really tight, and the servers almost seemed annoyed to have to navigate through the people waiting to be seated (it was really crowded). The hostess was in a rush to seat us even though we arrived well before our reservation time (probably because the bar area was so crowded... but by then we were comfortably seated and in no hurry). Our server was a really friendly lady with lots of local color. Overall, it was a nice experience. I would have given it 3.5 stars if that was an option.Special Features:
- What a find!MTFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014In our very top 3 food finds EVER! Out waitress was smart, fun, and knowledgeable. The place is quaint and cozy. The food absolutely perfect! A true gem! Will sing Willy's praises for years. BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakFoodguyDined on 8/21/2014Went on a weeknight with my daughter split filet au poivre and caesar salad the server Matt split for us! Excellent side dishes as well. Noisy table next to us was obnoxious but still a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasualDinerDined on 8/20/2014Son wanted to go for his birthday. We had crab cakes, sushi, steak and swordfish. Pricey but all the food was excellent. Will be going back for special occasion meals.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekavailable2dineDined on 8/16/2014Greatful for the opprtunity to try this otherwise pricey restaurant during Worcester's restaurant week. Extensive wine and Sushi menu, I am not a big fan of either. Not so sure I would pay regular menu prices for the experience otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Willy's won't disappoint. Amazing food and fantastic service. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great as always service superior. They area favorite pick in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular placeWidowDined on 8/14/2014Willy's is a very popular restaurant with a very active bar scene. The restaurant was really full, yet the service was terrific. Food is really outstanding here and the presentation is very well done.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Willy's is justly famous for its steaks and the like, but we decided to try its sushi for a change. It was Worcester Summer Restaurant week and two of the six or so entrees were sushi. I tried one and my wife the other. Both were excellent and an excellent change from the usual -- at least for us. I'd give it a try when you visit Willy's, or if steak is definitely your thing you won;t go wrong with that at Willy's either. (As an aside, having six entrees for Restaurant Week is highly unusual -- three is the norm. Good for you Willy.)Special Features:
- went for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014So impressed! Sometimes places skimp on quality when participating in restaurant week. Please to say that was not the case here. I had very nice sushi dinner. My husband and an amazing steak and mashed potatoes. We got crab cake as an extra appetizer and they were huge and as good as any in Maryland. Service was excellent. We were so pleased to try this palce ans we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to say "Thank You"ERRockDocDined on 8/12/2014Took a friend of the family to thank him for keeping an eye on a family member. He chose the venue, as we usually go to Legal or the Prospector. Very pleased with the location, choice, service and food quality. Somewhat pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.