Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
2 Grafton Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.willyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5088427220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Novotny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
Willy's Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar is the premier steakhouse in Central Massachusetts. Steak isn't the only item we are well known for, we are also known for exquisite sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Shrewsbury ›
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (55)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (17)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I've been to willy before I just love it there... It was my boyfriend first time. And he's hard to please when it cones to food... All in all best place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vasavi27Dined on 9/19/2014The food was great but service was just ok. Our glasses of water were refilled with lukewarm water. When we asked for new water the waitress took our glasses to swap out with cold water but brought the same glasses back. Our friend got my glass with lipstick stains on it and I got his wife's glass with her lipstick stains on it. I expected to get new glasses in a fine dining restaurant. The waitress also took our drink order in the beginning and an appetizer order from our friends but did not even bother to ask my husband and myself if we wanted an appetizer. We'll go back b/c the food was good and we'll just hope for a new waitress.Special Features:
- Soooo GoodSteaklvrDined on 9/13/2014Second or third time to Willy's over the years. Great every time I go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Still the best steak and service anywhere. Parking could be a problem but it's worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak house in Worcester areaUpdateVIPDined on 9/12/2014Willy's has never disappointed my wife and I EVER in our 19 years living in Shrewsbury. From the celebratory dinner when we bought our house to taking our son to dinner here today for his 17th birthday. From the food (not just steaks their fish and especially sushi can't be topped), intimate " neighborhood" atmosphere ( think "Cheers") and the best service you could want when spending the $ you will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great save!!!grrrrreviewsDined on 9/10/2014"How can you not stock Beefeaters Gin?" our guests asked. They did not, but our waitress somehow searched out a bottle and saved the night before it started! OUTSTANDING service. All four meals - lamb, duck, and steaks were excellent. All cooked and presented perfectly. Raw bar and sushi to start, as well.Special Features:
- Kensu is the BEST!PaulpDined on 9/6/2014Full disclosure: we have been eating Kensu's creations for a few years. I have been able to compare his creations to sushi in Singapore and his is superior! He is meticulous in his fish choosing, storing and prep. Plus, he is very charming and funny! We were there with a party of six & 3 had steak which they said was terrific. Small restaurant and is very intimate. Great service also. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing and the servers were right on top of anything that we needed. Expensive but worth going a few times a year. You get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak ever!bel40Dined on 9/5/2014Willy's has a wonderful sushi bar with an innovative menu. The steak is delicious. However, everything is a la carte and a baked potato is $6.00. Willy's special salad is yummy--pistachio nuts, blue cheese and granny smith apple on a bed of butter lettuce.Special Features:
- Favorite Place for DinnerLoveGoodFoodDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite place for dinner. Kind of a "Cheers" atmosphere but more "restaurant" than tavern. The menu is significantly upscale from tavern food. Willy's is certainly expensive, but for a special occasion when you don't mind spending more, it's perfect. The food, atmosphere, and service are top-notch. If you have never been, try it, you'll enjoy it !Special Features:
- Great dining experience every time!CathyVIPDined on 8/24/2014A little disappointed that the famous chocolate cake was not available but we did sample some of the other dessert options. The chocolate cake is still the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, not amazingMetrowestMomDined on 8/23/2014We came to celebrate for a special occasion. It was good, although I'm not sure I would call it a true special occasion kinda place (even though they placed a congratulations note and some decorations on the table, which was a nice touch). The bar area was really tight, and the servers almost seemed annoyed to have to navigate through the people waiting to be seated (it was really crowded). The hostess was in a rush to seat us even though we arrived well before our reservation time (probably because the bar area was so crowded... but by then we were comfortably seated and in no hurry). Our server was a really friendly lady with lots of local color. Overall, it was a nice experience. I would have given it 3.5 stars if that was an option.Special Features:
- What a find!MTFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014In our very top 3 food finds EVER! Out waitress was smart, fun, and knowledgeable. The place is quaint and cozy. The food absolutely perfect! A true gem! Will sing Willy's praises for years. BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakFoodguyDined on 8/21/2014Went on a weeknight with my daughter split filet au poivre and caesar salad the server Matt split for us! Excellent side dishes as well. Noisy table next to us was obnoxious but still a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasualDinerDined on 8/20/2014Son wanted to go for his birthday. We had crab cakes, sushi, steak and swordfish. Pricey but all the food was excellent. Will be going back for special occasion meals.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekavailable2dineDined on 8/16/2014Greatful for the opprtunity to try this otherwise pricey restaurant during Worcester's restaurant week. Extensive wine and Sushi menu, I am not a big fan of either. Not so sure I would pay regular menu prices for the experience otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Willy's won't disappoint. Amazing food and fantastic service. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great as always service superior. They area favorite pick in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular placeWidowDined on 8/14/2014Willy's is a very popular restaurant with a very active bar scene. The restaurant was really full, yet the service was terrific. Food is really outstanding here and the presentation is very well done.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Willy's is justly famous for its steaks and the like, but we decided to try its sushi for a change. It was Worcester Summer Restaurant week and two of the six or so entrees were sushi. I tried one and my wife the other. Both were excellent and an excellent change from the usual -- at least for us. I'd give it a try when you visit Willy's, or if steak is definitely your thing you won;t go wrong with that at Willy's either. (As an aside, having six entrees for Restaurant Week is highly unusual -- three is the norm. Good for you Willy.)Special Features:
- went for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014So impressed! Sometimes places skimp on quality when participating in restaurant week. Please to say that was not the case here. I had very nice sushi dinner. My husband and an amazing steak and mashed potatoes. We got crab cake as an extra appetizer and they were huge and as good as any in Maryland. Service was excellent. We were so pleased to try this palce ans we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to say "Thank You"ERRockDocDined on 8/12/2014Took a friend of the family to thank him for keeping an eye on a family member. He chose the venue, as we usually go to Legal or the Prospector. Very pleased with the location, choice, service and food quality. Somewhat pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding anniversary dinnerbillyDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I had dinner there on 8/11 and there was a card on the table noting our special day. the service was exceptional and the food was excellent. We have been coming to Willy's for many years. I have recommended so many friends I have lost count. Go Willy's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but......FoodieDined on 8/10/2014We dined during restaurant week. There was 5 of us. The food was very good. The service was good .....too good. We were in and out in just over an hour. I felt rushed there was no time to chat between courses, savor out cocktails as the next food was delivered as the last forkful was swallowed. It took away some of the pleasure to feel they wanted you in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014I have been to Willy's and I always look forward to going there. The service is usually outstanding but on this occasion it was not. We were one of maybe 5 tables at the time (4:30pm) and out waitress was very unattentive and left both my plate and my girlfriends plate empty in front of us for about 15 minutes after we had finished. Other wise the food was excellent and I would still return to Willy's in a heartbeat for the great foodSpecial Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencejorudDined on 8/8/2014Recently moved to MA and this was my first time dining at Willie's Steakhouse. I was very impressed with the variety of food choices the menu had to offer, as well as drink options. The service was extremely good as well! Definitely will return to Willie's Steakhouse, and have to add to one of our favorite places to dine list!Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014Bartender was not at all attentive. Long wait to get his attention (it wasn't very busy either). Had to send my drink back as he didn't make it right.Special Features:
- Worc Restaurant WeekKarenDined on 8/6/2014We ate off the WRW menu and we all very happy! I had the sirloin and it was tender and flavorful. I would definitely dine here again!Special Features:
- Awesome.JennBorjDined on 8/5/2014Our food was incredible and our waitress was awesome. Great night out, thank you.Special Features:
- Amazing deal during restaurant weekFoodLuver5Dined on 8/4/2014We hadn't been to Willy's for a while, not for any negative reasons, just other restaurants that are more convenient to where we live. With the restaurant week deal, we figured we would go back. My husband said it's the best meal he's had in a long time! We both ordered off of the restaurant week menu, which had a great variety. My husband got the steak, and I got the sushi- best of both worlds! We were reminded of how amazing the food is at Willy's, and will be making the trip more often.Special Features:
- Super consistentJohnnyfishDined on 8/3/2014I've been going to Willy's for over 20 years and I've never experienced a bad meal. Super steaks and the sushi bar is just an added bonus nowSpecial Features:
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The restaraunt was busy this night since it is a popular weekend spot and not a huge place. Got lucky and found a spot for two at the bar, around the corner which is essentially very private and arguably a better spot than most of the tables. Very intimate and quiet which makes for a nice date spot. We were situated where we could watch the sushi chef perfrom his impressive magic and despite sitting at the bar had full, attentive service. Overall, a great night and the food was outstanding as well. Will absolutely return.Special Features:
- Excellent & consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Everything starting from the reservation was easy and enjoyable. Service was great. Food was awesome. This is my third time at Willy's and they are 3 for 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmcdcDined on 7/14/2014Went for our anniversary have been several times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was incredibleLibbbyDined on 7/4/2014And my husbands steak was like butter....of course I tasted it. We did have a reservation but needed to wait awhile....it was very full. Worth the wait....lovely service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was much betteribn the past.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The witstaff was not attentive. More just fluff than knowledge about the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Service was great - had spot on advice and had no problem with add ons or twisty requests. Attentive but not a fixture. A little loud for a Tuesday night - loud at times, but that could have been the group behind us. It was a special occasion and I did make a note on the Reservation, I would have liked to have been seated at a better table. But romance is in the company .... Sushi and Maki were great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Price was high for this type of place. 111 chop house has better food and atmosphere. It wasn't bad but not what you would expect for the price.Special Features:
- fescDined on 6/28/2014While visiting family in Natick, MA we spent the day at the Tower Hill Botanical Gardens. Willy's Steakhouse was a very convenient place to stop for a tall cool drink and dinner on the way home. The service and the food were great ... everyone was very happy with their order. Very kid friendly, they moved us to a table that better accommodated a high-chair. Prices were a bit on the high side, but worth it. Decor and ambiance were a bit dark, like a cellar pub, but staff and a lively crowd offset that. Overall, we'd be happy for a return visit.Special Features:
- great!timmayDined on 6/21/2014Had a great dinner here on my anniversary. Service was great, food was great, atmosphere was great! I wish more people would have taken the business casual attire seriously, as seeing people in t-shirts was a little disappointing, but that is no fault of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.