Willy Parkers American Bar & Grill
71 Hillside Avenue
Williston Park, NY 11595Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Willy Parkers American Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.willyparkers.com/
- Phone: 5167508125
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 12:00pm- 4:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Brunch: 1:00pm- 3:oopm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Engvaldsen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party can accomodate up to 75 people for all occassions! Off-Premise catering also available...
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private catering room, which accommodates up to 75 people.
- Private Party Contact: Louis DiMaria 5167508125
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Tuesday. Karaoke every Wednesday, and Live Music every Friday and Saturday. Sixteen large High Def flat screen TV's.NFL Direct TV Package, which includes every game, every sunday. College football package. Golf package. The Big Ten Network.
A word from Willy Parkers American Bar & Grill
A classic American bar and grill featuring 24 draft Beers from all over the world. We have live music, karaoke, and a private party room. Our menu consists of Steaks, Fish, Chops, Burgers, and much more!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Willy Parkers American Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- our second time at WP we willOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012our second time at WP we will surely return for the fish and chipsSpecial Features:
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Scallops were great. Kung Pao calamari was great. My girlfriend enjoyed the skirt steak. Skip the s'more dessert. Nothing special.Special Features:
- WE went because we got a groupon.MidtownfoodieDined on 11/17/2012WE went because we got a groupon. The food was surprisingly good for what I thought would be just a pub. I ordered the sea scallops with butternut squash/bacon risotto - it was fabulous. There were several large groups and it did not seem overly noisey. WE will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Rude and unprofessionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/10/2012Hostess was rude. said open table was down and it would be a 10 minute wait. she never asked our name until we asked her if she would like our name. She treated us like we were an annoyance. We waited with other people who had lost reservations and as tables emptied out, never returned to seat us. A manager was playing with the door handle to the bar and locking people in while prepping for a private party. he never spoke to us. when we finally looked for someone to talk to, no one was around. after 30 minutes of being ignored, we left. we will never return. my food rating is based on the one other time we dined there.
- Enjoyable as usual for a casualOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/20/2012Enjoyable as usual for a casual dinner out. We knew this was just the kind of place friends of ours enjoy, and we were right. They have hard cider on tap, that my husband loves, great assortment from the bar, something for everyone. Burgers are good, I don't agree with those who say they are not. My husband had the sweet potato fries with his sandwich, and I couldn't help stealing them.Special Features:
- A great place for a casualBarrybeeVIPDined on 10/6/2012A great place for a casual meal. The staff is very attentive.Special Features:
- Although we had an open tablejosephVIPDined on 9/29/2012Although we had an open table reservation, we had to wait 20 minutes - not surprising, since we were there at 8 pm on a Saturday night, but there should be more of an effort to honor reservations. Otherwise, the food and service were fine, as always. The special salad was great, my horseradish-crusted tilapia over rice was great, and my wife's salmon over couscous was wonderful.Special Features:
- Way to NOISY! The food wasRogCVIPDined on 8/25/2012Way to NOISY! The food was very good, nice presentation. The service was good.
- When we arrived at Willy Parkers,LaurieDined on 8/17/2012When we arrived at Willy Parkers, I was very put off by a bad odor that permeated the restaurant. We were almost afraid to stay. I'm glad we did, because the food was delicious. Everything seemed to be homemade - it was the epitome of comfort food, but turned up a bit. The service was excellent - very attentive. I just wish they would address the bad smell and maybe update the decor. Otherwise, we loved the food!Special Features:
- The service was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012The service was very slow. I had the worst burger ever.Special Features:
- We have tried Willy ParkersdinerVIPDined on 8/10/2012We have tried Willy Parkers a few times. The food is good, however it is not consistent. My pork ragu had a burnt tomato sauce taste to it, but my husband’s dinner was fine. The server needs to be supplied with a pen so that they can write down the order (he said he did not have one). He forgot our drinks and was very slow on service. Will we try eating here again? Yes. Will I order the pork ragu? No.
- too many "how is everythings?" WheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2012too many "how is everythings?" When asked how dessert was we said not so good and didn't eat it. No attempt to rectify our dissatisfaction. food was pedestrian at best
- It is convenient, close by.MershaVIPDined on 8/5/2012It is convenient, close by. Food was good, the staff was attentive.Special Features:
- A terrific valueBarrybeeVIPDined on 7/31/2012A great meal at a fair price. This was our fourth visit and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- I recently discover WillyBarrybeeVIPDined on 7/7/2012I recently discover Willy Parker's and love it. Themenu is very complete and the service is terrific.Special Features:
- Went with four friends. TheLoveditVIPDined on 6/23/2012Went with four friends. The service started out excellent, with the waitress and others being very attentive. We had buffalo wings as an app. They were very mediocre although I'll say that the waiter really did try to make good by bringing a side of buffalo sauce from the kitchen. I had a cheeseburger with onion rings. It was just ok. I have to say that it WAS cooked as requested, however, it was bland and the cheese on it didn't even cover it. The meals took a REALLY long time to come after they were ordered. Too long and the place was not full. In addition, one meal in my party came about 10-15 mins later than the others and this was only after reminders to the waitress. They didn't seem to realize that he was missing his meal at first.
- We met for dinner with 6 people,MikemVIPDined on 5/30/2012We met for dinner with 6 people, the restaurant was very accomodating. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The 3 course price fixe was a great deal. The tuna appetizer was very good quality, the marinated skirt steak was excellent. The portions were good.Special Features:
- The owner Reno, was therejerrybDined on 4/14/2012The owner Reno, was there to make sure everything was right. Service was excellent. The Kung Pow Calamari was to die for!Special Features:
- The food was a bit disapponting.eatoutVIPDined on 4/14/2012The food was a bit disapponting. I had the shrimp which were described as large but were small and not good.Special Features:
- as always, a great meal atjosephVIPDined on 4/12/2012as always, a great meal at Willy Parker's - attentive staff, and well prepared dishes make for an enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- So much promise, but always55SullivanVIPDined on 4/6/2012So much promise, but always a little weird. After the Food Network episode (which the restaurant was touting), I'm not in a rush to return.
- Went because it looked niceDickGDined on 3/14/2012Went because it looked nice from the outside but upon entering dining room its small and worn looking. Food was ok but not noteworthy. Wings were small, pea soup had no peas, skirt steak was mostly thin and tough....hamburger was ok....would not return
- I ordered the Asian saladAnnieVIPDined on 3/13/2012I ordered the Asian salad which came with strips of grilled chicken. It was fine. My husband ordered the roast beef french dip which came with a gravy instead of au jus. He said it was delicious. The service was very good and I always like that one of the owners is on the premises and stops to talk. I had wanted the chicken burger with cheddar cheese and broccoli but the grinder was broken. The decor includes black and white photographs of the local area in year's past which is interesting to me since I live in the area. There is a good selection of beer and a decent wine choice by the glass. It is a place we enjoy coming to and will return.Special Features:
- Strange layout for the place,JasonNYCDined on 2/18/2012Strange layout for the place, dividing it into a barroom, and two separate dining rooms. But good bar fare. We both had fish dishes that tasted fresh and not at all heavy. We'd go back.
- very good dinner - the servciejosephVIPDined on 2/11/2012very good dinner - the servcie was much improved - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Went there on a friday night.kananeDined on 2/10/2012Went there on a friday night. I had requested a table in the dining room where i was able to watch the basketball game. I specifically wrote to call me if they were not able to meet my request. I got there exactly the time of my reservation. There was only 1 table available, right in the middle of the room, not even close enough to a tv where i can watch. We ended up sitting in the bar room. Tv's everywhere, but the noise level was so loud, I could not even hold a conversation with my guest. Did end up watching half the basketball game, had a juicy skirt steak. Could not take the noise level any longer. Did not appreciate the lack of communication and care to save me a table. Will be cautious before returning again.
- We will be back...AnnieVIPDined on 1/27/2012We were warmly greeted by the hostess who gave us a nice table with plenty of room. Our server, Carey, said hello and provided us with attentive service all night. We had a coupon for a free bottle of wine because it was our anniversary and the wine was a good one and kept chilled. For appetizers, I had the honey garlic wings but found them dry with a very sweet sauce. My husband had the spinach artichoke dip which was good. He had veal chop with mango salsa and I had veggie lasagna. I loved the lasagna and he loved his veal! We both took half home. Then we had a dessert - a big piece of chocolate cake for him and a bread pudding for me. Both were good, not great. One of the owners came to talk with us and he honestly wanted our opinion.Special Features:
- This is a perfectly nice localCather123VIPDined on 1/8/2012This is a perfectly nice local restaurant, with good food, pleasant service and atmosphere at reasonable prices. The wine prices are a deal, and that was enjoyable in and of itself.Special Features:
- Excellent food.Excellent service.LojbigdaddyDined on 1/1/2012Excellent food.Excellent service.Lou and Reno are great hosts.Burgers or a more elaborate meal you will be happy with your experience.My son,wife and I are regulars and bring people here frequently.Special Features:
- underwhelming. Service seemedCoralanDined on 12/30/2011underwhelming. Service seemed to try to push us out as soon as possible. There were no lines waiting to get in.
- Oh boy! what a surprise.gregfurnituremavenVIPDined on 12/29/201140 minutes to get a drink begged three times to the two hostesses who stood there and did nothing, told the shell shocked owner that he should pitch in in his own place the table next to us got up after waiting an hour for their order to be taken and left read about it in the New York Times (i should cancel my subscription) in fairness everyone loved the calamari in chili the the owner offered as an olive branch left a good tip since it was the holidaysSpecial Features:
- For starters, they didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/26/2011For starters, they didn't have any record of my reservation. They said I was the third Open Table reservation they didn't have that evening. The people were friendly, but the service was extremely slow and the food, when it arrived, was mediocre, except for the fries (regular and sweet potato) and onion rings, which were very good. All in all, a bad experience.
- Enough though we had a voucherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2011Enough though we had a voucher from travel zoo, there was sufficient food for two, but we found our selections to be a bit too cooked. Calamari wasnt crunchy, crab cake could have been cooked more, shrimp was too cooked and the filet steak was tough. Waiter was nice and the atomsphere was festival.Special Features:
- This was our first to thisCharlesVIPDined on 12/4/2011This was our first to this restaurant. The entree we selected was unavailable so we were asked to make a second choice. While our waiter was pleasant, he did not attend to our requests in a timely manner. We had to ask for a second drink two times, ask for additional bread three times, and had to repeat requests for additional condiments. The food, when served was fine.....the poor service is what we will remember. We traveled quite a distance to dine at this restuarant but unfortunately we do not plan to return.
- It was all right, though nothingMortonVIPDined on 11/26/2011It was all right, though nothing great. Fine neighborhood restaurant, if you live in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- There were no tables available123abcVIPDined on 11/26/2011There were no tables available in the dinning room so we sat In the bar area. The table was fine, However the table was situated right by the service door and everytime it opened or closed it banged. Needless to say it was very annoying during our entire meal. The food was good & we will give it another try as long as We are able to sit in the dinning room.Special Features:
- My reservation was for 7;30.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2011My reservation was for 7;30. We were not seated until almost 8:15. We shared only one appetizer, but our main meal did not come until almost 9:15.
- Don't missMark4VIPDined on 10/26/2011As always superb food ,excellent service ,& great value.Special Features:
- Second time there. Big disappointmeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2011Second time there. Big disappointment. 1st time was a weekend a few months ago and the place was packed if a bit unorganized. This time went during the week and there was just one other table. Service wasn't bad, but the food was. We ordered the specials and it had us thinking maybe this is a place to come for burgers and wings?? Won't be rushing back any time soon!!
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2011Food and service were both excellent. The architecture of the restaurant is lovely and the place is exceptionally clean. Go on their website and get a textable offer for a free spinach dip, awesome!Special Features: