Willy & Jose's Cantina @ Sam's Town Casino
5111 Boulder Highway
Las Vegas, NV 89122Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Willy & Jose's Cantina @ Sam's Town Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.samstownlv.com/dine/willy-and-joses-cantina
- Phone: 7024567777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View
A word from Willy & Jose's Cantina @ Sam's Town Casino
Chips and salsa with margaritas are just the beginning. Catch the full spirit of Mexico in this fun, casual restaurant where sizzlin’ fajitas, crunchy chimichangas and perfect burritos will have you shouting "Ole!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Willy & Jose's Cantina @ Sam's Town Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Dinner at Willy & Jose's CantinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The setting on the patio is SPECTACULAR! The rest of the dinner experience was okay. Nothing bad, but nothing great either. The food we ordered was so-so.
- Wish we would have been able to eatAvery3FamilyDined on 8/10/2014We made patio reservations. Arrived 5 minutes early. We were met at the podium by Lillian, who summarily told us that we were 1 hour late. She rudely said that even though our printed reservation had the current time & special request for patio dining, due to the fact my wife gets a little claustrophobic, she was not required to honor it. She said we could wait 30 minutes for another table, but that it was first come, first serve & she would not hold one for us if we did not wait right there. She was very rude & condescending in her words & demeanor & actually raised her voice when speaking to me. It did not matter to her what our reservations said, nor that we were hotel guests for the next few days. Poor attitude = no repeat business.
- Very good food! Good value too!LovefoodzzzDined on 6/28/2014Very good meals. Also, large portion size! We ended up taking home one of our meals due to the portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lv85214Dined on 6/22/2014We will definitely return many times again and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willy & Jose's CantinalovegoodfoodDined on 6/21/2014Willy & Jose's Cantina has great food, reasonable prices, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value and so reliable!CliffordDined on 6/19/2014Willy and Jose's is so reliable ...I have been regularly eating here for years and it rarely, if ever lets you down! The food is amazingly good value and their margaritas are delicious and lethal!!!! I had fajitas and Cadillac margarita...it cost $16! Unbelievable! The chips and salsa and bean dip are complimentary and delicious too....I could I don't really understand how they make money at all and the fajita is absolutely enough for 2 people (well people who are moderate eaters) I usually do share but I was eating alone that night! I also requested a patio table - which I would recommend.... You can sit 'outside' in Mystic Falls Park and watch the world go by and the laser show, which starts at 6pm, 8pm and 10pm... Love it 👍😀Special Features:
- had a wonderful timeluvfoodDined on 6/15/2014We dined here for Father's day and it was our first time. The service was awesome and the bottomless marguaritas were great too. We both had Chimichanga's and they were good, only knock on them is that we like them a little crispier. Food portions very generous, we were too full for dessert. The Fajita's looked good from a table away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MargaritaLagunaSteveVIPDined on 5/17/2014The 42 oz. margarita is not only huge, but tastes great. The food was very good and sitting on the patio in the open atruim of the hotel listening to the waterfall makes this an overall outstanding experience. I recommend Willy and Jose's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localladyDined on 5/11/2014Always pleasant surroundings especially after dark. Food is good and the Chili Verde is especially tasty.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the Willy & Jose's Cantina @ Sam's Town Casino reviews archive.
- Service was poorTravelerDined on 4/25/2014The first night we attempted to eat there we were seated fairly quickly. But once we got to our table we were ignored for at least 10 minutes with no explanation, so we left. Two nights later we made reservations at 7:15. We were promptly seated, and someone came to take our drink orders. They brought my husbands non-alcoholic drink out fairly quickly, but it took them over 15 minutes to deliver my drink, and that only happened because we were finally able to wave someone down to ask where it was. Seems they had tried to deliver it to another table and couldn't remember who it belonged to. My husband enjoyed his fajitas, but my salmon was dry and overcooked. We wouldn't go back there.Special Features:
- thawkDined on 4/18/2014Servers were friendly but slow. The food was ok but not something I'd go back for. There are far better places in Vegas to choose from.Special Features:
- ReviewJohnDined on 4/16/2014The salad my wife had was nothing. No dressing on it and she said that she could have received a better one at Taco Bell. The other dinners were good. We all had a lot to eat and drink. It was my wife's birthday, so it did not go well with her. We have been the Willy and Jose's before and we have found it to be very good, tasteful and a great place.Special Features:
- Nice placeSteveDined on 3/10/2014The food was ok and the place was nice. People were friendly and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Excellent WaitstaffHappyMomDined on 3/8/2014Please do not let the poor service rating stop you from dining here. The rating was poor because they lost/deleted my online reservation that I made three weeks in advance. After being insistant, our table was seated. From there everything was perfect. Excellent service, wonderful food and tasty drinks.
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2014We always get an outside table. Always great there!Special Features:
- Son's first visit to Las Vegaskmj293Dined on 2/18/2014I took my son Alex for dinner to Willy's and Jose's to celebrate his 21st Birthday and to experience the show at Sam's Town. The waiter was great, freindly and very attentive to our party. He even went the extra mile to get the bartender to make him a drink he would like to try with our meal. I love going to Willy's and Jose's the food is good and my margarita is always good too. I'll be back when I'm able to get back to Vegas in a year or two. Thanks for making our dinner a special occasion for Alex!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantKatRDined on 2/15/2014With the laser light show at Sam's Town it was great to eat outside and watch the laser light show at the same time. The food was great and our waiters were right on top of everything. My husband and I have been looking for good Mexican Food in Vegas, we've tried any restaurants. I think we've finally found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorely disappointedCindyDined on 2/2/2014I have eaten there many times,but was with someone that hadn't eaten there before. The chips & salsa were good, but when we asked for a hotter salsa, what they brought was like Cayenne paste not salsa with chilies. He had a green chili burrito & I had the tostado. We neither one, were able to finish our meal. First experience like this at W & J and made me sad as I had always enjoyed your food before. I am talking about many years of eating there.Special Features:
- wonderfuleweneekestDined on 1/9/2014Sat on the patio watching the show. it was lovely "outdoor" dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yearly get togetherDinnergroupDined on 12/25/2013We choose a restaurant each year to meet and just enjoy a meal with family and friends and celebrate the season. This is a perfect location. Could have even ordered a turkey meal. Love to eat here and have been a loyal local since Sam opened the hotel. Hopefully you all get a chance to eat at one of their restaurants soon. Happy holidays to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Hostess was BAD, kept leaving her station and then came back complaining that its not her job to bust tables (very unprofessional). The server ignored us most of the time leaving our drinks empty for most of the meal. I stopped going here years ago because the food got bad. I have been here a couple times within the last year and it was great. I guess i wont be coming back for a while or until they hire some better people. Food was ok, nothing to brag about.
- Long timeDaveDined on 12/8/2013We have going to Willy and Jose's for many years. This newer location is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christmas diningmeadsnakeDined on 12/7/2013Came here after we participated in the NFR. Made reservations, which was a big help when we were asking for an outside table. It was quite nosy because it was Christmas and the water show was going off, but that was expected. The waitress messed up our meal, but we got a free pitcher of margaritas and dessert. We come here about once a year at the same time, and will still come back even though there were issues this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE HAVE BEEN TO THIS RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013WE HAVE BEEN TO THIS RESTAURANT SEVERAL TIMES. THE FOOD IS DECENT AND THE SERVICE IS VERY GOOD. THE HOSTESS AND WAITERS/WAITRESSES ARE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff is very friendlyMooseDined on 11/28/2013The staff is very friendly & great sense of humor. Waiter interacted with the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great in back where its quietmememeDined on 11/3/2013Up front too noisy. Requested in back and it was great. Good was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a reservation on 10/30/13CorinnaDined on 10/30/2013We had a reservation on 10/30/13 at 6:15pm, when we arrived the short asian hostess told us we didnt have a reservation. I was trying to show her my email confirmation and she said oh wait it just popped up. Then we had to wait 15 mins for our table and when we did sit down we were still short a chair and the hostess states well you only reserved for 7, and I told her yes we have 7. When our server arrived a blonde older lady she was rushing us and never took her time to ask us questions or explained something to us. We had to wait over 10 minutes for chips and she felt bothered because I ask for 1 tortialla in advanced sinced I ordered fajitas. Horrible service. She checked up on us 1 time but was quick when we paid and waited for a tip.
- Great Mexican FoodSambolDined on 10/25/2013My immediate family met my niece and her boyfriend for some great Mexican food and ambience. We even were treated to a water show during our dining experience. Our waiter was outstanding as was our food. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long time favoriteJJones74Dined on 10/20/2013We've been going to Willy & Jose's for a long time and it only gets better. The Food, Service and the Waterfall show. They had snow last year during the show at Christmas. Dinner and a Show, can't get any better then that.Special Features:
- Fun and inexpensiveMax8Dined on 10/13/2013Faux Mexican food that is quite tasty at a reasonable price. Outside dining allows one to see the animatronic effects if you are interested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J&W MexicanSteveDined on 10/3/2013Good all u can eat tacos and never ending margaritas. Had a great time for first time there.Special Features:
- Would not go backopentableguest1Dined on 9/25/2013Service was slow. Food was not very good. We would not return.Special Features:
- Great Food and AmbienceJCClouserDined on 9/21/2013Willy and Joses has been one the best places to go for Tex-Mex for several decades. Now in it's new digs, it even has a view and entertainment (adjacent to the Mystic Falls Park fountain and laser show). The food selection is very good, but I do miss the rather informal menu they used in the past. The new menu has been classed-up for a more modern venue. Two of my suggested menu selections that are a little out the ordinary Mexican cuisine are the "Sincronizada' and the "Seafood Enchilada."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambience with largeSunnygirlDined on 9/14/2013Wonderful ambience with large atrium setting and the experience of being outdoors. Roamantic setting in the evening with lights in the trees. Food was good but only luke warm. May have sat on the plate a little too long before being delivered. Would still recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlacestreborDined on 7/18/2013Had a Great Time! Great Food, People and the Atmosphere was Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more choicesChoicesDined on 7/6/2013This place was ok for the food, not the best, not the worst. Could have been better if there was more variety. They didn't even have chili rellenos (sw). That would have been a nice touch. The chips and dip were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013My wife and I ate at Will & Jose's for the first time last Tuesday. We were celebrating my birthday. The drinks and food were excellent. I had the salmon and it was perfect. The fried ice cream for desert was a special treat. Our waitress, A J, was most pleasant and efficient. We ate outdoors on the patio and were able to watch the light/fountain show while we ate. We were there early, at 5:30, so we got to take advantage of happy hour too. And at the end of the meal I was given a free T-shirt for my birthday. The prices are very reasonable. We will go to Willy & Jose's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service good foodunhappyeaterDined on 6/16/2013the service here was poor at best. we ordered a burrito and they made it wrong not once but 3 times. it complete screwed up our fathers day dinner. they are understaffed. and the waiter was running around while the bus staff was doing nothing most of the time.
- Went there for Mother's DayRichardDined on 5/12/2013Went there for Mother's Day dinner. Four of us were seated right away and there were only two other tables occupied. I always do early dinner, 4:30, to avoid the crowds on occasions like this. Service was excellent and attentive. Hint: Free margarita refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurritoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013I had a pork burrito. It was just fair. Pork could have been more tender and not near enough sauce or cheese on burrito.