300 S Liberty St
Winston Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.willowsbistro.net/
- Phone: 3362934601
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Willow's Bistro
Here at Willow's Bistro, we feature some of the best food, amazing service, a great wine and beer list and full top shelf bar around. We bring in the freshest seafood at least five times a week and we work with local farmers to get the freshest local organic ingredients! We strive to have all organic, free range, sustainable, and humane poultry, beef, and pork. We have beautiful indoor dining, featuring local artists and an open kitchen for your entertainment! Willow's Bistro also has outdoor dining with tiki torches and outdoor ceiling fans for those warm nights. Our knowledgeable staff is waiting to provide you with an awesome dining experience. We look forward to seeing you soon. We also accept reservations and we do custom catering!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Willow's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Cute BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014Lovely brick building with nicely decorated interior. Loud atmosphere with limited seating. Would suggest reservation if you want a guaranteed table. Excellent service. The food was good and the menu had a variety of different interesting items. Loved the escargot. The entrees were okay with slightly overpriced seafood specials. I will definitely go again. Have heard brunch is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hosted our 15 person company outingSamXpDined on 3/4/2014I was looking for the convenient way to reserve a table of 15 for our department outing and was pleased to find WIllow's Bistro to be one of only two venues in town that would accept a reservation that size. I'd been to Willow's a few times myself, so I was happy to see that the group all thoroughly enjoyed the eclectic and well thought out menu, as well as the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all enjoyed our food andwinstongirlDined on 3/1/2014We all enjoyed our food and the energy of the restaurant! Wait staff is helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good place - need reservationJJQQDined on 2/28/2014Willow's Bistro is a very small place and it can get crowed. We were there two weeks ago without a reservation and was told the wait time will be 1.5 hours. This time we had reservation. We were seated right away. Wait staff were nice and friendly. The lighting at the table was too dark. I had to take out my iphone and used the flash on it to read the menu. Food was good and tasty, even though it took a long time to come out. Overall it was nice dinning experience for my family.Special Features:
- Something NewOutforfunDined on 2/25/2014Was looking for a new place in Winston to try out and the menu looked good. The friend I was with loves mussels and they had them on the menu. She loved the mussels and thought the sauce was awesome. I had the grouper special and cleaned the plate. The wines were great, the food was great and the waiter gave good service. We both would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodSwinnyDined on 2/22/2014Food was great, it was a full house so it was kinda loud, and a little dark at least where we sat, it was a little too dark to see the menu well.Special Features:
- Food was good, but serviceFoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was good, but service was VERY slow. They need to add more staff.Special Features:
- Always Outstanding!sjoeybVIPDined on 2/21/2014Each meal at Willow's Bistro has been phenomenal. The menu is creative and delicious. The servers are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum, yummo, yummyKPCotDined on 2/21/2014Food was superb! I had the pork loin and the Demi glaze was TDF! My uncle had the rack of ribs and portion was crazy huge! So good! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Way Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014The noise was such that we could barely understand our dinner guests. We will return only in the good weather so we can eat outside.Special Features:
- Special DayHisTimeR12Dined on 2/11/2014Living 40 minutes away it is worth the drive for a special occasion. Friendly servers, dinner was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favoriteNMBcolleVIPDined on 2/7/2014this is one of my favorite restaurants for both lunch and dinner. The challenge is that its small so it fills up quickly. It can also get loud because it's an open room with tables. But the food is outstanding, always healthy options available. And the service is always greatSpecial Features:
- consistently good brunchscmpDined on 2/2/2014love Willow's brunch; lots of specials, always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciouscovegalDined on 2/1/2014One of my faves in W-S. Consistently good. Small seating capacity, but quaint. Love the chef's creativity & staff's enthusiasm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and QuaintEtherChickDined on 1/26/2014Had brunch here with my girlfriends on a Sunday. It would have been a 30 minute wait if we didn't have a reservation. Great brunch food. I had the creative omelet of the day which was made of duck confit. Huge list of specials of the day which made it hard to choose from the specials of the menu which was also had many choices! My friends ordered the awesome breakfast burrito and a salad with enormous grilled shrimp. $3 blood Mary and Mimosas were perfect.! Our waiter was charming and promised brunch was on him if we didn't like our meals. He needn't worry, they were deliscious. Look forward to coming back for brunch or dinner with the husband soon! Charming, cozy, and worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightCStallardDined on 1/25/2014Wonderful food as usual! Service was great. Only a little disappointed that there is no beers on tap. Bottle selection was good however. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodjustanopinionDined on 1/25/2014I went there for lunch. Ended up having an appetizer lunch that was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Hidden but Great LocationJazzyLadyDined on 1/22/2014After we found the restaurant we were surprised to see how small it is. Seating is limited. The food selections however are beyond what you would expect from such a small place. They have everything from Alligator to Duck to Steaks to Pasta...I can't imagine you couldn't find something you like. The Ribs are awesome, they literally melt in your mouth. The outdoor seating makes up for the lack of it inside, although its winter now so that makes the outdoor seating obsolete. After a brief misunderstanding regarding our reservation, we enjoyed our dining experience very much.Special Features:
- Table of 4...plus a footCoEatsDined on 1/19/2014I made reservations for 4 of us not thinking about my broken foot being a "problem". After seeing where we were to be seated, we requested a different table so there would be room for me to pull up a chair as a foot rest for my castes foot. The hostess was very pleasant and moved us with no fuss. The extra chair was no big deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very goodEricDined on 1/17/2014I have been here many times and have enjoyed it a lot - good wine, good ambience, interesting food prepared in a fresh manner. The only word for our last visit was SALT. I don't know what has happened but both my date and I could not get past the level of salt (asparagus appetizer, my entrée, her entrée) and I am not offended by salt (I love a country ham biscuit!). Don't know what happened, but it needs to be fixed to return to the excellent level the place had before. I will return to see if it was just an abnormal night.Special Features:
- Noisy, but worth the visitRobinTomVIPDined on 1/13/2014For some reason, this restaurant can be quite noisy. If you can past that, you will enjoy wonderful food and great service. On this visit, we got a sandwich and salad (the grilled romaine is unique and tasty). But, on previous visits, the special dishes have always been outstanding. Always get the fish and if you are a scallop lover they never disappoint!Special Features:
- If you are into healthy food,karenDined on 1/12/2014If you are into healthy food, this is a great place to go....they have a different house made hummus every day. They have great salads, an awesome black bean cake, but they still have the regular stuff too, like a great hamburger, turkey sandwich, my husband had an omelette he got to design. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good price, lively crowdsearchingforperfectionVIPDined on 1/8/2014Nice atmosphere if you like someplace lively and somewhat intimate. Good neighborhood food with interesting daily specials. Some attention to detail is missing in the cuisine, but the staff was very friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- Normally great, but...NC4FoodVIPDined on 1/7/2014This is one of my favorite spots in Winston. The food is always delicious, innovative, and fresh. Service is normally stellar and everyone knowledgeable about the products. I bring people here all the time because it's so good. However, this was not the case during this visit. We came for "The Big Eat" and maybe it was because I ordered the BE entree that things went awry. Our server didn't know about/couldn't pronounce anything on the wine flight they were featuring. When our meals arrived they were WAY overcooked (rare came out medium-well). No one came by to check in to see if things were cooked properly, only stopped briefly to fill waters and quickly left. Maybe the learning is to not come when they're featuring price promotions.Special Features:
- Big Eats week 1NikeGirlDined on 1/7/2014Excellent food! Our party of five all ordered the special for the evening (tenderloin with cognac cream) and there wasn't one speck of food left on our plates. We also had the duck liver pâté as an appetizer which was smooth and creamy and a fried goat cheese appetizer was ordered for two guests which the restaurant happily split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a large group for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/7/2014Took a large group for business lunch - 14 people. The food and service were both great. Wish they had a better area for large groups, but recommend for smaller gatheringSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphere and food.twtwVIPDined on 12/31/2013Great atmosphere and food. Very attentive servers. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was greattryinanewplaceDined on 12/27/2013The atmosphere was nice. Smaller restaurant with good food and a great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!JacksonianDined on 12/24/2013We had a wonderful supper on Christmas Eve. The service was sketchy because of the crowd, but the food was outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!sjoeybVIPDined on 12/24/2013I've eaten at Willow's Bistro on several occasions including lunch, brunch, & dinner. The food is always excellent and the service always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- killed itpeterhikesDined on 12/24/2013Chris the waiter sets the tone. The chef knocks it out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchGregDined on 12/22/2013Wife's quiche way overcooked. Steak Benedict not a very good dish, beef overpowered all other flavors. Food has gone downhill since last visit, not recommended.
- our server, Chris, providedcjl1Dined on 12/22/2013our server, Chris, provided a top notch experience at willows. thanks, christianI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Winston SalemanonDined on 12/21/2013A group of friends chose this as a good spot for a "couples" dinner and Willow's definitely did not disappoint. It has a great bar list (martinis, specialty drinks), long list of daily specials, and cool environment. There is a good wine selection and decent choice of beers, although none on-tap. I would recommend making a reservation ahead of time as it seems to get pretty busy in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJMWSNCDined on 12/13/2013We had a party of 6. Waiter was solid in knowledge and performance. I had lamb chops and my only complaint was I was my portion would have been larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy this place, food is greatkarenDined on 12/7/2013we love going here, the food is really great...it's organic and fresh and different. my husband loves the burger, the meat is so good. if you are looking for healthy choices, you can find lots of choices here. i had the black bean cake with avocado and sweet potato fries, OMG, delicious... there is always a house hummus that is special for that day! really good place. recommend making a reservation. they get busy quick and seating is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Rushed ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013The food here is always great. We order specials almost every time. On this visit, the service was rushed, we got our drinks, appetizers, and food too close together so we had a bunch of food on the table getting cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what i expectedaverageDined on 11/23/2013More of a bar than a restaurant. Food was ok - mostly bland or over salted. Sevice was great though.Special Features:
- Inedible Food & Poor ServiceLeboss22VIPDined on 11/17/2013My boyfriend ordered chicken and waffles for brunch. The chicken was so rubbery that it squeaked when I tried a bite. It was inedible. When the entire chicken was left on his plate, our server didn't bother to ask whether it was okay. In fact, we sat in front of empty plates for 15 minutes before our server even bothered to clear our plates or came with our check. My quiche was good. The sides were very standard--easily could have been made at home. Basically we paid $35 for quiche, a waffle, and bad service. Would not recommend to a friend and certainly won't be going there again.
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2013This was my first visit. The staff was great. The ambience was city lively. The food was nicely priced and well prepared. I will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.