Willows at Chumash Casino
3400 E. Hwy 246
Santa Ynez, CA 93460Neighborhood:
Santa Ynez Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Willows at Chumash Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chumashcasino.com/
- Phone: 8056863800x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sergio Renteria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Richard Hollowell 8056863800x
A word from Willows at Chumash Casino
The Willows specializes in mouthwatering prime steaks and seafood, this AAA Four Diamond Award-winning restaurant also features an extensive selection of local and imported wines, all served in an exquisitely appointed setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Willows at Chumash Casino - Best Restaurants in Santa Ynez Valley ›
Willows at Chumash Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)fit for foodies (17)romantic (12)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- The WillowsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Really enjoyed my birthday dinner at The Willows. The service and atmosphere were perfection. Well trained wait staff. This was a true sophisticated dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining fine is better than gamblinglifesavorDined on 10/17/2014I have always wanted to dine at The Willows, ever since I first tasted their food at the Santa Barbara Wine Festival. This was such a good time! The bread basket with four toppings was over the top, the trio of soups was delicious, the cioppino divine and the lobster macaroni and cheese decadent (way too much food, but great leftovers). They have an excellent wine list and some really cool cocktails. My coworker and I spent three hours enjoying the excellent service, taking pictures of the courses and even the dinnerware (the wine buckets are cool)! Only down side was that we were seated right by the door where all the smokers went in and out. I will definitely be back with another foodie friend who was totally jealous of my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I both felt the food was very expensive. The lobster mac and cheese did not WOW us however the veal chop was quite good. I guess I couldn't get over the hefty price for the lamb dish. Usually you pay that for a prime steak in L.A.Special Features:
- Wonderful clean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014First visit to Willows. Promptly seated.We had a nice table location. Food was very good with attractive presentation. server attentive. only complaint is we felt somewhat rushed. Every time I put fork down to pause, someone asked if I was done eating. My dish was still full of food. Not trying to catch a train.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Treat at "The Willows" !!!AuntieGumDined on 10/4/2014My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our delightful dinner at "The Willows". It was her birthday and after mentioning that to Chris, the server, he surprised her with a candle on the dessert we ordered! It was a divine dinner and absolutely one of the most gourmet meals we've had anywhere! Thank you so much for our first time dining experience at your restaurant with a terrific server who we will request again! Sincerely, Mary WilliamsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & Delicious MealMotoBellaDined on 10/2/2014Got seated at a little two-top against a wall, which was next to the kitchen/staff area, which unfortunately, was quite busy and loud with traffic - to be expected in that area, next time will ask to be seated further away. Our server however, was EXCEPTIONAL, she answered all of our questions with ease, gave us recommendations for both food and specialty drinks (lobster bisque and apple margaritas were amazing!) thus the excellent service and food definitely made our first visit enjoyable and I'd go back to eat there again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden away gemNanabananaDined on 9/18/2014Never would have guessed it would have been so good, but it was definitely worth the money. We ordered great cocktails to start, and the bread basket was amazing. The caesar salads were delicious, and the 22 oz. rib eye was wonderful. Dessert was great. All in all, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillowsIssaDined on 9/13/2014Good service, we didn't have to wait long for anythingSpecial Features:
- Special occasion spotchrisVIPDined on 8/24/2014Good food, good service.....for a special occasion try the Willows. Bring your wallet as all choices on the menu are pricy. The overall experience is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! Best Filet anywhere!WaversDined on 8/19/2014I have eaten here twice so far. I had scallops and the filet the first time and lobster and filet the second. I do not normally order steak anywhere I do not like the fat, don't like biting into it, and really eat seafood because there is no fat on it. The filet here at the willows is the most tender and flavorful I have had anywhere, hitching post included. It is so good! I would order it without the seafood! Liked the artichoke and crabcakes also as starters. The bread basket is great though I don't like the crunchy breadsticks. Creme brulee dessert was good too. My husband had bison and loved it. Also loved the scalloped potatoes! So good! Great atmosphere! Accomadating and great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014Willows is a great find within the Chumash Casino. It is nice to take a break from gambling and enjoy a quiet atmosphere and delicious meal. I totally recommend this gem.Special Features:
- Always exceeds expectationsLeonardDined on 8/11/2014The food, service and ambiance is always first class. A fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food!RescueDogsDined on 8/7/2014We went to Chumash Casino on a gift package from our children for our anniversary of which the Willows was a part. The food was definitely first rate, service was good (not outstanding), and the whole experience was definitely enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and awesome food!WaversDined on 8/5/2014Bread basket was delicious. We had crab cakes and artichoke starters both were excellent. I had scallops and filet which were perfectly cooked, best filet I have ever had! My husband had bison and scalloped potatoes, both were awesome. My daughter had top sirloin and asparagus, very good. Cheesecake and creme brûlée for dessert were scrumptious! Such a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceCentralCoastDinersDined on 7/29/2014Who knew we had such a gem right here on the Central Coast? We have so many great restaurants, right? But this is fine dining at it's best. Excellent service, an amazing menu with such a great assortment of delicious choices, a calm, quiet atmosphere, a nice view. The prices are in line with the amazing food and excellent service. We will definitely be dining here again. As often as we visit the Chumash Casino, we ask ourselves, "Why didn't we dine here sooner?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSLOFoodieDined on 7/11/2014Great food, great service! It is a wonderful culinary experience before the concert. The breadbasket was served with an artichoke spread, roasted garlic, herbed cheese spread & whipped butter....delish. I had the melt in your mouth short ribs in a Syrah sauce with polenta and a glass of Cambria Syrah. Dessert was a tiramisu & coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerfirstimersDined on 6/30/2014We had excellent service and food at the willows, everyone was very attentive . We were dining early and on a Monday night so there weren't many people there. Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "M & D's 61st ANNIVERSARY..."OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014My Wife & I took my parents here for dinner to celebrate their 61st anniversary. The entire experience was PERFECT! The service was warm, friendly, and well trained. The food was UNBELIEVEABLE! This is THE perfect restaurant for important events or for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Willows at Chumash Casino reviews archive.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Our server, Natalie, was terrific! She was attentive, engaged and personable. Everyone who stopped by to help at our table was top notch! It was my husband's birthday, and he really appreciated the kind attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kittyDined on 6/5/2014Missed the tables by the window so you could enjoy the view.I would recommend this to a friend.
- peaterDined on 5/30/2014I have been to the Willows before and enjoyed when it opened years ago. I was surprised by the few tables occupied during the recent Saturday night we dined here. The menu selection is ample, but the WOW factor is missing. Don't get me wrong, the dishes we ordered from appetizers, entrees and sides were very good----but that's about it. They were presented and tasted in a way one would expect. For the prices, one would expect to be surprised or appealed by an avant-garde presentation. It seems the chef needs a more creative side in order to uphold the four diamond rated designation. On the other hand, the service was impeccable and all staff working that night went out of their way to provide a very accommodating dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedgnmcDined on 3/27/2014Service great, protiens over cooked. If the steak that I ordered way Wygue (as offered), I will eat my shoes. The steak was very tough... Not expected from a rib eye.
- dinner before concertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Reservation was for 7 and we were seated right then. Appetizer was very good (artichoke). we then ordered dinner entrée and thats where things went wrong, It took almost 20 mins to get our order. I ordered the "special" Halibut filet. It came out overcooked..after waiting several min for waitress to come by, I finally was able to get a managers attention. Told him issues, however with our schedule to make the event, I declined to wait. I did eat some of the veg and mashed potatoes that accompanied my fish. We got our bill and I noticed that I was charged full price for the entree ($40). I felt that there should of been some discount .... but oh well.Special Features:
- A must try restaurant!MjsylvestDined on 3/9/2014Was absolutely surprised to find that this casino restaurant was as nice as the upper scale ones here in California. The service was incredible. And i cant even begin to say how awesome the food was. Everything we ate from the appetizer to dessert was out of this world goid! Hats off to the chef--even your food presentation was rediculously good. We have eaten in the "fine" dining restaurants of casinos, but NEVER was even remotely close to this one. I dont even remember Ruth Cris being this good. I cant recommend this restauraunt enough-----will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting the Stage6TeesbeingDined on 3/6/2014On those treasured opportunities when my wife and i can get away for a show at The Chumash, we look forward to an always memorable dining experience at Willows. The evening wouldn't seem complete without it. The atmosphere is bustling enough to add a sense of excitement for the show, while at the same time, allowing us to relax and forget about the drive and the day. The food is fantastic and the servers are always accommodating, keeping in mind that you've got a show to catch, yet we never feel rushed. We keep promising ourselves that one of these days we'll postpone the drive back to reality and stay the night so we can return to the Willows Bar after the curtain closes and extend the evening with a nightcap.Special Features:
- thw waiters were nice, thevirginiaoDined on 3/6/2014thw waiters were nice, the lobster bisque ok. the duck was tired and old..they cancelled the reservation after 16 minutes. long way through horrieble casino to get to restaurant. serves purpose .Special Features:
- This was an 1st birthday girls'KristiDined on 3/6/2014This was an 1st birthday girls' group for my mother on a very busy Thursday evening before the live show at 8pm. The waiter was attentive, the food well prepared, and service good except at the end attempting to close out our tab. All in all would recommend. Also, it is the only spot in the casino serving liquor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous scrumptious diningVickiDined on 3/5/2014This restaurant has a lovely ambiance, comfortable seating with a quiet and serene atmosphere. The food is over the top and gourmet quality. The staff were extremely attentive, courteous and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the scallops with filet,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2014We had the scallops with filet, which was outstanding. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we ate was outstandingmaizieVIPDined on 2/20/2014We had reservations and after we were sat we waited at least 10 minutes for our server to greet us. We order drinks and dinner. The food was delicious ! We had artichoke appitizer and beet salad and then steaks for dinner..yummy . After we placed our order someone other than our server brought the food we never saw our server again until he brought the check. The food was really good but our server never once checked in us to make sure everything was ok.Special Features:
- Good food, no communicationIronsidesDined on 2/20/2014A little on pricey side. Took over an hour to get 2 steak dinners, with no explanation as to why. ( we also did not ask what hold up was)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great the waitress was rude but everything else was goodSpecial Features:
- Service was fantasic! FoodBigAlDined on 2/14/2014Service was fantasic! Food enjoyable, and beutiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day with J MathisMoeller1Dined on 2/14/2014The Willows was a perfect lead into the evening concert. A very wonderful dining experience. Quiet, with absolutely excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonttchumDined on 2/13/2014all very very good, got there early, was quiet, by the time we left, very loud about half full........one t hing, very long time from order until the meat arrived...possible to get more drink time in, good for them...Special Features:
- A memorable dining experience...HappyMerryWorkerDined on 1/4/2014"I planned a first-time dinner there for myself and my significant other while spending the day at the Casino and we had a wonderful dining experience! Slightly pricey; but very much well worth it... The food and the service were both exceptionally outstanding! We'll be back..."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve Specialbeentheredonethat2Dined on 12/31/2013We were at Willows at the Chumash Casino on New Years Eve. They had a special menu, rather than the usual menu, altho, they did have many of the usual offerings. They had brought in the yummy Australian lobster tail which was excellent, with garlic potato cakes and asparagus. Three of us ordered the lobster and it was excellent. Someone else ordered filet, which they really enjoyed, and they own a restaurant, so that says alot and the last person ordered halibut and loved it. We had an excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experience.DonEDined on 12/24/2013We have been patronizing the Willows for years, entertaining as many as ten people at some dinners. This experience was the very worst we have had at what used to be a 5 Star restaurant. We were seated right away but I had to ask for a bread tray. I remember when the wait staff used to be excellent, servers like Robert (who is no longer there) were attentive and masterful in service. My wife's lobster was mushy, my filet was overcooked and the onion rings were absolutely terrible - they have better onion rings at IHOP- nothing was done to alleviate the situation, even though it was mentioned. We probably won't be back. Ruth's Chris is closer and dependable.
- once a yearsparkyDined on 12/13/2013me and my girl friends have a get together once a year and we always dine at the Willows restaurant which we love. The food is always very good and the service people are always so attentive and helpful. I would highly recomend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal and very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have asked for more!diningrmsupDined on 11/8/2013We had a lovely time! Wonderful food, impeccable service, beyond beautiful atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.