Willoughby Brewing Company
4057 Erie St
Willoughby, OH 44094Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Willoughby Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.willoughbybrewing.com/
- Phone: 4409750202
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday noon - 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Mark Jacobs
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining facility is the perfect place for your group to meet or entertain. Whether you are planning a business luncheon, birthday party, reunion, reception, or just entertaining friends, we will make yours a gathering to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Shelly Russo 4409750202
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Wednesday through Saturday, be sure to check out our website to see who is performing this week. www.willoughbybrewing.com
A word from Willoughby Brewing Company
At the Willoughby Brewing Company, we specialize in creating the regions finest hand crafted beers. Complemented by our newly redesigned scratch kitchen, your experience will be one to tell your friends about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Willoughby Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Tricky Dick at the Willoughby Brew!BlueharpDined on 5/30/2014Had a great time Saturday night with a few friends. The band Tricky Dick played and they were the best band ive ever seen play at the Willo Brew!!! Had a Fantastic Time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy server, no one helping.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Food was cold. Took forever to get orders in and then food back out. Server was overwhelmed. Was able to see almost all of dinning area from our seat. She seemed to be the only one for whole area and was obviously overwhelmed and flustered at times. Ordered the prime rib and by time it was to my table was cold and overdone. Do NOT fault the server she was trying her best why didn't she have help. Only once in awhile did I see someone bring food out or even talk to a table (taking order? Maybe?). Food has always been very good here on prior visits but was not impressed this time. Service gets two stars only because she tried so hard and was honestly sorry for our experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTyWebbDined on 5/16/2014Been here a variety of times and the food, service and beer are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beDekcat121Dined on 5/11/2014Since it changed ownership, the food has declined. We went for Mother's Day brunch after a previous disappointing outing to give it another chance. The prime rib was good, but everything else was just average. The waffles, desserts and a good chunk of the buffet looked like it was bought at GFS. It wasn't bad, but I don't think it was worth $25.Special Features:
- Mothers dayMAllenDined on 5/11/2014Everything was amazing. Thanks for the mimosas and the flowers. Will definately be back next year and highly recommend.Special Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the Willoughby Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Dinner on SaturdayFun2niteDined on 4/26/2014We enjoy dining at brew co. Friendly staff. Wonderful food. Excellent service. And just minutes from home. Dining at brew co is a win win win!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Went to Willoughby Brewery for an early dinner with six in our party. Food was great, Soft Pretzel appetizer was very good. All in our party did the beer sampler route. Very good choice. Server was very friendly and informative about the dishes. We are repeat customersSpecial Features:
- Share a plate? YES INDEED!KimberDined on 3/21/2014My fiancé and I usually share a dinner since we do not eat much. The waiter asked us if we would like "them" to separate our dish before they bring it out. We found this odd, but nice and agreed to this. In my thoughts it would also LOOK like they had separated one dish into two and I was not real excited. But the waiter brought out TWO BEAUTIFUL dishes, each looking like they were made special and I was amazed and delighted. There was so much food we STILL couldn't finish it all. But to me, having dinner served that way, even though we were sharing, was special. I will never forget how beautiful our plates were. It is an expensive restaurant - so we use it for special occasions - and it is worth every penny ! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, okay serviceomnomnomDined on 3/15/2014The food was great, but it took the waiter almost 15 minutes to bring us our drinks even though they weren't very busy, and he didn't even come by to take our order until after those 15 minutes then he brought me the wrong food and didn't stay around long enough for me to say something about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment overallOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/11/2014I am not normally critical of restaurants--you can be sure this was a bad experience. First, only 3 of the 8 beers on this microbrew's menu were available. The beer wasn't bad, but was not fresh (at a microbrewery!). The server mentioned something about an event on the weekend, but we went on Tuesday. Several of the meatless dinner choices were not available, leaving one choice. The club sandwich I ordered came on a croissant that had clearly been frozen and thawed, and not not good; my green beans the same. My wife's salad was actually not bad, but the salmon she asked for was literally a small cube put on top. Since it was not inexpensive, it was not the experience we were hoping for at all.
- Great food, strange service setupBrewhahaDined on 3/11/2014I have been to the brewery many times prior and have always had great food, fun outdoor seating fun, unique brews and the strong service. This week, my fiancé and I went to their brewhaha comedy show and had a very different experience. Someone decided that it made sense to have all the servers share the tables in the comedy seating area. As a result, we were essentially ignored, with the servers all assuming one of the other servers was attending to us. What a horrible idea. This show should have a usual. Wait staff set-up to assure someone is in charge of making our experience a great one. I hope that they change this for future events. I had the vegetarian sliders; he had the turkey club. Both were delicious. Yummy Irish red brew.
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014We arrived an hour early and staff accommodated us with immediate seating! My steak sandwich on a pita with dipping sauce was superb! The fish dinner was enjoyed be my husband. The beers were just what we wanted-glad there is a description on the menu. Our server was very pleasant & attentive. Thanks for another great experience!Special Features:
- ReviewthinerDined on 2/28/2014My friend and I went here before a cavs game at 4:15 and were we sat was very quiet and away from the party that was going on. The service was nice as well as the food.Special Features:
- Ask for fireplace seat. GotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014Ask for fireplace seat. Got sat in the room with no fireplace . Booth was so small that we were very uncomfortable. Menu has very limited choices.Special Features:
- Dinner with the familyGaTyDined on 2/21/2014Everyone's food was good. The salads were enormous! Our waiter was good but overly talkative. The only complaint we had is that parking is limited - most spaces were blocked off for valet parking so we had to park blocks away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin!!!BobbyCDined on 2/14/2014Invited a table full of friends and had a great time. Festivus was playing and they really know how to Rock!!! They even let me join them for a couple of songs!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beer and entertainmentMitchohioDined on 2/14/2014Was really surprised by the expanded menu which included duck and salmon entrees. Not just bar food. House beers are also different and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great dinnerMicroBrewDined on 2/14/2014Free valet parking; our table was ready exactly at our reservations time (booked thru OpenTable); our waitress was prompt, helpful, and courteous; the food and beverages were very good and the prices were reasonable. My wife and I will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fine.TablebythedoorDined on 2/8/2014We were seated by the door as you walk in the entrance. At first, I was thinking, "this is going to be a horrible seat- cold, noisy, busy." Surprisingly, the booth was just fine and the dining experience was just fine. Our waitress was efficient, nice and attentive. The food was great. The beer was great. The experience was as expected. We've been here several times before throughout the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TImesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014A group of us went for lunch to say goodbye to a coworker. We all enjoyed the variety of food selections and specials. The ease in making a reservation online was wonderful. The wait staff was friendly, informative and not too attentive (just enough to make sure we were taken care of without interrupting every 2 minutes) Thank you for continuing to be a great place to go with friends and coworkers.Special Features:
- Our group of 17 loved it!Debster54Dined on 1/12/2014Thanks for accommodating our group who changed size several times. Our waitress was great! Everyone commented about having a delicious meal - from burgers to steak. Great evening.Special Features:
- nice night out with the wifenightowlDined on 1/10/2014Arrived at the Willougbhy Brew Company and the place was packed. We did the online reservation thing and was quickly seated. We ordered the Salmon and Roasted Chicken. Both meals came out hot and the portions were perfect. My salmon was baked a little longer than I like, but it was fine. My wife really enjoyed her chicken. The true reason to come this location is their beer. Their Super Nova IPA is awesome! The fruity aromas and flavors coming out of this highly hopped beer are wonderful. Being a big IPA fan, this beer was right up my alley. My only issue is they only serve the beer in a 10 oz glass due to be it being 10%. I tried their Cosmic IPA and it was also a very nice IPA. It was nice to get out and try some local brews!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and parking9876Dined on 12/27/2013Food was fair, clearly frozen prior to serving. WBC needs more menu options, perhaps Tex Mex, and hispanic options. Biggest issue was the lack of available parking. Diners could not park themselves, had to valet park. Even though the cost was small, it was the lack of options which was disheartening. Being from the area, we know of the process to obtain a parking spot in DT WLBY. However, the WBC lot (now owned entirely by one LLC) is not welcoming. $3 to valet plus tip for some is not the issue, it is the lack of options. Sure it will be addressed by ownership. Atmosphere is good, service very good and we were impressed by the welcoming staff and the immediate seating with a reservation.
- I would check a lot more boxesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013I would check a lot more boxes except that our meal took an unreasonable amount of time to come out and then everyone's fries were stone cold. Even my husband mentioned that his were cold and he eats everything at room temperature! Given there were only two other tables seated and very few people through out the restaurant this was really unacceptable. Since we only allowed an hour (and it took more than that) some in our party had to miss seeing the children with Santa.Special Features:
- Excellent in Beer SamplerTAKUYADined on 12/2/2013The beer sampler is good for both personal sampling and share with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual Christmas Tree ChoppingFun2niteDined on 11/29/2013Each year we get together as a group and chop down our Christmas trees. Afterwards we go to Willoughby Brewing Company to relax and have lunch. This years group was 23. WBC is fantastic for our group. Everyone looks forward and has a great time. The folks at WBC couldn't be any nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of many tripsdbfhdriderDined on 11/22/2013Been here numerous times. I go for the beer. Always amazes me that I see people drinking Miller, etc. The food is good and I really like the pizza . Have not been here late at night nor have I been in the bar. Supposdly you can check in with your Belly card and get points but did not see it anywhere. Have come to the conclusion Belly is nothing but a waste of time but that review goes elsewhere. This place is a good stand by and great for to bring friends and family in from out of town. Downtown Willoughby is kinda of intersting and has a good mix of resturants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Great atmosphere and great food. The service was "Johnny on the spot." Our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing food, good serviceCaroliDined on 11/16/2013My husband & I both ordered the Kaiserhof, which was pretty good. Pretzel appetizer: 2 HUGE soft pretzels w/3 good dipping sauces. Him--Milano pizza: thin crust & a pretty good flavor, good sauce:topping ratio. Me--pork enchilada: very, very, very bland. Shredded pork was so moist --almost mush, w/little to no flavor, rolled in 3 corn tortillas, w/some flavorless cheese on top, scoop of guacamole (did not try), & a drizzle of sour cream sauce. A few stray diced tomatoes & onions (less than a Tbsp) scattered about the plate may have been the salsa or the corn relish listed in the description. All on a bed of plain rice. After 2 bites, I finished the pretzel & waited for my husband to eat his pizza so we could leave. Probably never return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good but...RobbyDined on 11/16/2013Had a Great time for my birthday here! Fun ,good food, lively, and good beer (at least the ones that were available, seemed like they were out of more than they had) Great dancing and very classySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great craft beer selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2013Great craft beer selection. This restaurant is a really good find. Recommended... I'll be returining there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- To Beer or Not To BeerDavidVIPDined on 10/31/2013"Italian or Brewery." So started the conversation on where to eat. We chose Willoughby Brewing becasue we like some of their fun beers. My wife had the Railray Razz and I had the Peanut Butter Cup Coffee (You gotta try it). Their food is well done. I only wish they had a little more choices on their menu.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013Service was poor, took 30 mins to place order. Food came out quick then waiting for the check was roughly 30-45 minutes after finishing meal. It wasn't busy just seemed to have only one server for half the restaurant.
- AccommodationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2013We had a reservation for 7 & unfortunately, there was just 6 of us. We were put @ a booth for 6 people which was a bit crowded, but wandered what would have happened had their been 7 of us. i was told a chair would have been put on the end. Then it would have really been crowded. I asked for a change & not much was available. We had 2 round tables put together, which was okay, but not something i would have requested. The W.B is a very active busy establishment, but don't think it's a place for the group I was with. We are a very active group, but older & it was very noisy in there. My guess is a place for 20,30, 40 somethings. That is who I would recommend go there, not people our age.Special Features:
- Willoughby GemKareDined on 10/4/2013Four of is had a very enjoyable dinner at the Willoughby Brewery one Friday evening. Our waitress, Holly, was first rate. She was knowledgeable, friendly , attentive, and efficient. The food was just as we ordered- the fish sandwich and the chili were very tasty and the salads were large and fresh. The sweet potato fries were excellent. There was a good selection of beer and samples were offered when we were undecided which to select.....that helped. We are looking forward to returning again soon! New ownership has enhanced this fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo MeltAlphaSnailDined on 10/3/2013Got a Buffalo Melt with no cheese (Lactose intolerant). It had mashed potatoes on it. It was ok but I'm not sure why it came that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice place.MissyDined on 9/28/2013I've been here before, but not often to eat because it was always so hard to get a table. I love discovering that I could reserve a table with Open Table. The food is always good and a little more upscale than you're typical bat food. Beautiful industrial type feel to the buliding. We left once the band started playing simply because we were no longer able to talk to each other, but this is also a great place to go see a band play, if that's what you're in the mood for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than adequate with great beersnipsVIPDined on 9/22/2013We don't go to Willoughby Brewing for fine dining .... but do enjoy stopping by and always have an enjoyable meal with great beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitbubnbub1Dined on 8/31/2013This was the second time I have ben to this restaraunt. The first was many years ago, not long after they opened. I went there to see the band they had playing that night, The 80's Band. One thing I noticed before I even got inside is now you have to valet park or walk a 1/2 mile from another lot as there are several places using the few spaces that are left over. Once inside things haven't changed much. The beer is still great with many to choose from. I decided to have to Potato Pizza, about $13. It was very good but very filling. The band was great , I had a couple of beers and enjoyed the evening. I would go back any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch and dinnerFoodieDined on 8/18/2013Excellent food, perfect ambiance for family dining or lunch. Good food and beverage options for every kind of foodie. Service is nice and cordial. Overall a great place to go. I will definitely recommend it to people.Special Features: