Willi's Wine Bar
4404 Old Redwood Hwy
Santa Rosa, CA 95403Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Willi's Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williswinebar.net/
- Phone: (707) 526-3096
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Tuesday-Thursday 11:30am - 9:30pm Friday & Saturday 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. Please call Jenny Gipson for details. (707) 546-5100
- Private Party Facilities: Willi's Wine Bar offers semi-private accommodations for parties. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ulrike Steinke (707)526-3096
A word from Willi's Wine Bar
A 2009 San Francisco Chronicle Bay Area Top 100 Restaurant. Willi’s Wine Bar's classic roadhouse appeal captures the casual, laid-back nature of the Sonoma County Wine Country. Tourists and locals feel equally at home enjoying a quick bite or lingering over a glass of wine. The menu at Willi's features 32 international small plates, some wildly inventive and others comfortingly familiar. The knowledgeable staff is eager to help create perfect pairings with wines from the extensive wine list. Diners will find a dazzling array of wines by local producers and are likely to find the winemakers themselves at a nearby table. All wines are available in a two-ounce taste as well as by the glass or bottle. Patio dining is covered and heated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Willi's Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Willi's Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (171)notable wine list (139)great for outdoor dining (116)neighborhood gem (105)special occasion (72)romantic (65)hot spot (56)good for groups (43)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (17)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Small Plate DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Willie's Wine Bar offers a fabulous selection of wines with multiple wine flights available. It is a small plate destination fit for the most discerning palates. Although al of the small plates are great, my favorite is the Moroccan lamb chops. This is a must destination for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best evercasualdinerDined on 11/21/2014Each dish was incredibly creative, extremely tasty and yummy for the tummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/20/2014This is definitely our favorite restaurant in wine country. You will not be disappointed with any selection from the wide ranging small plate menu and the wine list. And the wine flight offerings are clever and varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the Great Food, but Not the Parking!LovenortherncaliforniaDined on 11/14/2014Willi's is always included in our annual trips to Santa Rosa, but absolutely no parking space was available in the lot or on nearby streets for our Fri 6:45 reservation. 20 minutes was spent driving around and around, finally settling on a spot on busy Old Redwood Hwy, making for a risky 3-block walk. Not acceptable! Other than that, food, service and wine wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening, love the tapas style!LM2014Dined on 11/14/2014Very nice night at Willi's. Casual style tapas let us try so many wonderful fine dining tastes without having to break out the dress and heels :). We tried six plates for two of us, first dish was tuna tartar and it was fantastic .. and each dish was better than the last. The gnocchi and pot stickers tied for our favs. They also accommodated our last minute reservation move happily which we appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spot in the Wine Country.PjoeVIPDined on 11/13/2014We love Willi's. We have our favorite small plates...lamb chops, truffle fries...but are always eager to try new things. The goat cheese gnocchi this visit were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, even better food!dine2wellDined on 11/8/2014We ate here for the first time and we had a great experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Although we were much younger than our surrounding table mates, it didn't make our dining experience feel weird. The wine list is incredible and the food was amazing. The style is tapas (small plates). They seem pricey at first, but the food makes up for the costly bill. I recommend all three items we had for dinner: filet mignon sliders, pork potstickers and the truffle fries. This is a great choice for a nice night out with your beau.Special Features:
- Russian River favoriteJefeDined on 11/8/2014A great place for outside lunch or dinner while cruising the Russian River wineries. Sharing the (especially savory) small plates is always fun and delicious. Top it off with a local Pinot or Zinfandel to complete the perfect meal.Special Features:
- Wine and small plates!BirthdayAtBottegaDined on 11/7/2014The filet sliders and pork belly pot stickers are about the greatest thing ever. From the looks of it there isn't a bad thing on the menu. Highly, highly recommended for a fun night out.Special Features:
- WonderfulFoodieDined on 11/6/2014Great Tapas & Cosmos. Will return on our next visit to Healdsburg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErgomanVIPDined on 11/5/2014Excellent and creative Tapas menu and fabulous selection on wine by the glass!Special Features:
- WendyVIPDined on 11/5/2014The food was outstanding and our server Ryan was fantastic. It was a very busy night in the restaurant and he was helpful and courteous. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placesantarosalilyDined on 11/4/2014this is our go-to place for guests from out of town and something a little special anytime. also great for lunch and a 2oz pour with a good friend. the food is delicious, as are the wines. we love the small plates for sharing.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceDuckDined on 11/3/2014Have been to Willies 2 previous times and we loved it. Our group of 5 ordered ten dishes and we received 7 at intermittent times. Once we had finished those dishes we waited for the the remaining dishes. After 15 minutes we asked our waiter the status of the remaining dishes. He indicated he would check but I watched him go over and add those dishes to the computer. He then came over to us said the food would be served soon. After another 10 minutes the food arrived and it was undercooked and none of us could eat it. By this time we were so upset we just paid and left restaurant. Waiter attempted to do everything by memory and screwed up the order. Also the parking situation is a joke, no where near the spaces to accommodate the crowd.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualLeonDined on 11/2/2014Love this spot. Never disappoints! Amazing food, awesome staff and great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesDined on 11/2/2014This was quite a surprise. We loved it. Before the show at Arts center was great because so close. I will go again soon. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent. Best dinner I ate on my 8 day trip to California. Wine flights are a great concept. Great service. Will definetely go back when in the Napa County area.Special Features:
- SuburbChefrjVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great appetizer restaurant! We enjoyed the petite oysters, crab tacos and goat cheese spinach salad. All were fantastic. Also the wine list is notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourself to a night outlovesfoodDined on 11/1/2014If money is not an issue and you want some of the best food and wine, Willi's Wine Bar is the place for you. Every small plate we had exceeded the previous one. The lambchops are not to be missed. I suggest getting one for each person as you will not want to share these. Our server was attentive and offered great wine and dessert suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerEileeninSonomaDined on 10/31/2014This was our first dining experience at Willi's. I had read about it in the Sonoma magazine and it looked like a good place for a special dinner, it did not disappoint. The 'tapa' format works really well for us because we like sharing meals. The food was distinctive and delicious and the wait staff very attentive. The wine list was very extensive and had an interesting selection. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, very pricey.BillVIPDined on 10/31/2014Small portions, expensive by the glass wines. Good wine list but in Sonoma County could have been better.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner at Willie'snapkinDined on 10/31/2014Our group of 6 enjoyed every plate we shared. We did three "rounds" of food with different bottles of wine each time. Our server had the proper glassware on the table, the wines were served at the proper temperatures and were fairly priced with good variety on the list. My only "complaint" on the wine list would be more attention to nearby wineries and varietals: more zins and pinots!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standard ...rav1Dined on 10/31/2014This is my favorite restaurant with food always interesting and delicious -- with accompanying good service. However, tonight it was not so great. My first course arrived :15 minutes past my partner's. I made several requests of server to check on it and this was not done. When it finally arrived it was well-done (filet mignon slider) and my partner had already finished his first course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemDragondiner1Dined on 10/29/2014I came to the restaurant with two friends. We got there around 1:30 and the staff was very welcoming. Between us we shared 9 small plates and they were all fabulous! I especially liked the tomato soup shooters with the grilled pimento cheese sandwich! The wine flights are great...try the "I love Sonoma County". I have already recommended this place to several of my friends!Special Features:
- Best Lamb I've had since SardiniaRJBWGCDined on 10/28/2014We enjoyed Willi's so much that we ate here 2 night running when staying near Santa Rosa. Fellow guests at our b&b recommended the lamb which I chose the second night. Lamb is my favourite meat & Willi's cutlets were outstanding. The wine list is extensive & pricey but no doubt reflects the quality. My husband & I nowadays only drink very small quantities so the 'flights' (selection of 3 wines) suited us fine. The deserts were also excellent.Special Features:
- Unique and funMJWHEARTSDined on 10/26/2014Once again, Willi's delivers! It was our 4th dining experience there and each one has been fun and delicious. We had our favorite waiter, Ryan, who is extremely knowledgeable about the dishes and any wine pairing questions you may have. Because they offer wine in a variety of glass sizes, you can pair each dish without overdoing it. A tapas bar with food for every palate and served at the appropriate temperatures, you will love this place! It's OK to be adventurous here because the food is fresh and the dishes are thoughtfully prepared. You can't go wrong. We live in a foodie's paradise, Portland, but I love Willi's!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticBobbyDined on 10/23/2014I've been coming to Willi's Wine Bar for 15 years. Every dish I've ever ordered was fantastic. The food is very carefully prepared to combine delicious flavors and interesting textures. The staff is very courteous and attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious small platesluvfrenchfoodDined on 10/22/2014Took a friend for a birthday dinner. Food was wonderful...rich, satisfying and delicious. They remembered to add a birthday candle to the dessert. 😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique culinary experienceLEver8Dined on 10/20/2014Love this place! The food and service is always wonderful! Love trying lots of small plates, all kinds of different creative food from around the world! Fresh seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- Enjoyed by allLaHabraCookieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Tried many small plates and all were excellent with the exception of the moo shu bacon, but the shrimp and quail were outstanding. Had a couple of different wine flights which was a lot of fun.Special Features:
- very disappointing, not returningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Worst experience ever at this usually wonderful place.. Service was spectacularly bad and uncaring. The manager was leaning on our chairs to stretch or something..so bizarre.. The dishes were so below there normal level. I have lost my love for this place..3rd bad experience in a rowb ut this sealed the deal.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!daisygirl2010Dined on 10/18/2014I love Willis Wine Bar and never have a bad experience! Tried some new dishes this time (lobster mac & cheese, skillet bread and warm spinach salad) and as usual, Willi's knocked them all out of the park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Loved everything we tried. I can't stop thinking about the scallop dumplings. Service was casual and efficient. Great ambiance on the small outdoor deck. Will return next time we are in Santa Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plate DelightslarrygcDined on 10/14/2014Offering of small plates is extensive and excellent. Our group of 8 ordered about one of everything on the menu with all plates being great. Small plates is a bit of a misnomer... As the plates are large enough to share easily. We over ordered, over indulged but overly delighted! The wine list is impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMcCallTeamDined on 10/14/2014Great lunch with my team at work. We always come to Willi's for special lunches and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- EpicBricat5Dined on 10/12/2014Eclectic wine selection, killer tapas menu. One of my greatest meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This is the best restaurant in Sonoma County and great to bring visitors to. One problem was the air conditioning made it too cold to sit inside and there were no tables available outside.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceWineweekendDined on 10/12/2014We went there twice over a long weekend - our first time we were seated in the back and didn't really like the location or the service - but really like the restaurant and food. We tried it again and had a MUCH better experience. We will return when in the area!Special Features:
- Lots of great choicesin2jazzDined on 10/12/2014From the range of small plates to the well thought out wine list to the service options from a 2 ounce or 5 ounce pour or a half or full bottle, you can experiment with foods and wines with your friends. I will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful small platespfflyersDined on 10/11/2014Willi's Wine Bar has one of the best small plate menus I have had the pleasure of enjoying! Their somewhat seasonal menu provides interesting combinations. A favorite staple is the BBQ Pulled Duck with Polenta. This visit we also had the Creamed Corn with Lobster, just delicious. When you're in the area it's a great place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.