Willi's Wine Bar
4404 Old Redwood Hwy
Santa Rosa, CA 95403Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Willi's Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williswinebar.net/
- Phone: 7075263096
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Tuesday-Thursday 11:30am - 9:30pm Friday & Saturday 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. Please call Jenny Gipson for details. (707) 546-5100
- Private Party Facilities: Willi's Wine Bar offers semi-private accommodations for parties. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ulrike Steinke (707)526-3096
A word from Willi's Wine Bar
A 2009 San Francisco Chronicle Bay Area Top 100 Restaurant. Willi’s Wine Bar's classic roadhouse appeal captures the casual, laid-back nature of the Sonoma County Wine Country. Tourists and locals feel equally at home enjoying a quick bite or lingering over a glass of wine. The menu at Willi's features 32 international small plates, some wildly inventive and others comfortingly familiar. The knowledgeable staff is eager to help create perfect pairings with wines from the extensive wine list. Diners will find a dazzling array of wines by local producers and are likely to find the winemakers themselves at a nearby table. All wines are available in a two-ounce taste as well as by the glass or bottle. Patio dining is covered and heated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Willi's Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Willi's Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (161)great for outdoor dining (128)notable wine list (124)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (72)great for lunch (42)good for groups (40)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (19)great for brunch (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is about our 5th time here. The food is always tasty and the service very good. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Interesting Small PlatesVine9Dined on 8/29/2014We were there for dinner Friday of Labor Day Weekend with reservations. The restaurant was crowded and noisy, but we asked for outside seating and only had to wait a few minutes. The outside deck was busy, but quiet and the temperature was quite comfortable with outdoor heaters. Food was good with many items to choose from. We had duck mousse, calamari salad, and filet mignon sliders. Instead of dessert, we opted for a cheese course, which was a choice of three cheeses with pairing wine tastes. Honey and toasted baguettes were on the side. It was fun and delicious. We did have a minor problem in that there was a small dog beside the next table watching us, which we tried to ignore. We are not fond of dogs in restaurants.Special Features:
- Always Top NotchMichele93950Dined on 8/23/2014Love the small plates where you can try many different things. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed everything! The service was excellent, and loved the tasting of the different choices. We will be coming again very soon! The outside table was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and winecoloradobleeDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Willi's. Fortunately, we had made a reservation for a Friday evening as it was quite crowded. We were visiting from out of state and quite pleased we chose Willi's for a dinner. We sat outside but the heat lamps made it quite comfortable. Noise level was lively but still easy to carry on conversation . We each had a separate flight of wine - Excellent! We shared 6 small plates and everyone was wonderful. We chose 2 each from surf, earth, turf. My favorite was the lamb chops! Staff was all very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best gets even better!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/21/2014If you haven't eaten here, we wonder why. The broad range of dishes and the consistently excellent and flawless execution of each is sooooo impressive. Particulary, the wok "grilled" squid, brick chicken, tomato soup shooters with a grilled cheese, truffled fries, and pork riblets were exceptional. We don't live in the Santa Rosa area but each time we visit this is our first reservation.Special Features:
- Always goodRondeauBayDined on 8/18/2014Willi's has a great, interesting, and unusual menu. Each small plate we ordered was really good. The wine flights give you a chance to taste a few varietals, and buy any that you really like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a DateHappyguyDined on 8/16/2014Great location to take a date. It is very quite out side on the patio, louder in side.Special Features:
- GreatAJ17VIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything we tried was great...wonderfully inventive small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Wine Bar everMicheleVIPDined on 8/15/2014LOVE this place. We come here whenever we are in Santa Rosa. The wine list is outstanding and the food is even better.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchsecretDined on 8/15/2014A coworker and I made reservations for 2 for lunch. We arrived and were seated immediately. We got the choice of inside or outside seating. We chose outside. Service was great as well as the food and wine.Special Features:
- ONE OF SANTA ROSA'S BEST . . . .FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/13/2014Willi's Wine Bar will leave you wanting to make another reservation (while you're still there). The Liberty Farms Pulled Duck BBQ with White Cheddar Polenta ($11) is Simply Outrageous * The Curried Crab Tacos with Apple, Cucumber & Mint ($13) was Over The Top * The Filet Mignon Sliders with Creamed Spinach and Whole Grain Mustard Bearnaise on brioche ($16) was Crazy Good * Also the "Mu Shu Bacon" Chive & Amp; Shiso Crepes with Hoisin BBQ Sauce ($11) was more than memorable * Dessert = Chocolate Chunk & Banana Croissant Bread Pudding ($9) will leave you wondering how they did that . . . Amazing ! Nice wine list (nothing over the top) but fun, approachable and reasonably priced (including flights). Prepare to be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friendsSteveoDined on 8/11/2014Had dinner with 6 friends. Table was great and we sat for two hours enjoying wine and lots of small plates. Truffle fries, Mac and cheese with "debris" and crab tacos were yummy. Never felt rushed. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a great dinner here! Excellent food, very friendly waiter. Well definitely return next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedMorganBDined on 8/10/2014Food and wine were good, but that's all. Expected more, especially from wine list.Special Features:
- AwesomeJZloveDined on 8/9/2014Willi's is awesome!! The food is amazing and they have an incredible list of wine by the glass or some fantastic wine flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not rarerkbkVIPDined on 8/7/2014This was the first time dining at Willi's. The food was delicious, lots of flavor; we orderd lamb chops and the brick chicken. Both the spinach salad and the caprese type salad were also very good! My only complaint is that we ordered the lamp chops medium well, they came out rare. Then we had to sit and wait for them to cook new ones. Too long. They did apologize , but that is a big mistake as you sit there while you friends eats and finishes their meal before you food comes back. The should have provided free dessert or something as that waiting sort of ruins a meal. otherwise, very interesting menu. Food was nicely presented as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014Our party of 5 had a great dining experience - wonderful waiter and amazing dishes! What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014I've been here twice now and have loved every single thing that I have eaten here. The Goat Cheese Fritters are to die for! Recently had tomato soup shooters with grilled cheese, and that was outstanding, too. Great service, great wine list, great food. You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Small bitesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014Fantastically delicious small bites food and really interesting wine list including a number of wine flights. Great service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and wineSalzDined on 8/1/2014Great adult food and drinks. Tried to get kids to eat kid-sounding dishes but they were just too fancy for kids to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service kills ok food & wineFoodQuantVIPDined on 7/26/2014Worst service experience in wine country. Wine list was fine but disappointed to what I heard it was. Food was good. But service was just awful. Waitress couldnt have cared less and it showed. And manager had the god complex. Wont be coming back.Special Features:
- All fuff no buffPKRaymondDined on 7/25/2014We were greeted by friendly host, it was a Friday night. We were with two sommeliers and restaurant owners and the experience started off with four wine flights which was great. Nice wine list. Good presentation with flights. We asked the server what items he would choose if he was eating here which I always do, we got ten items for all of us to split. Start off amazing tomato soup shooters with grilled cheese side. Tuna tartare fresh but under seasoned. Duck dishes either over cooked and/or too much salt. Soy and BBQ sauces over power dishes. Dungeness crab flatbread was neither flat or crabby, and was overpowered by crescent a cheese. Scallop dumplings and curried crab tacos were tasty, presentation was good.Special Features:
- fun and friendlyEtarreVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great wine list, friendly service, and lots of delicious menu choices....we love this place.Special Features:
- Small sharing plates No Dinner MenuTrulyAmazingJemDined on 7/25/2014While this place was great for dinner -- it did not have a "dinner menu" per se. All small plates that are great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrongPickyGuyDined on 7/25/2014The food is great and the energy and vibe fun filled.Special Features:
- FrancetteDined on 7/23/2014Every selection was totally delicious! Great for before a how at Wells Fargo Center.Special Features:
- plannerDined on 7/23/2014It was a delightful place, perfect for before a performance at Wells Fargo Event Center. We drove 5 hours for the concert and dining here made it just perfect.Special Features:
- Great spot for tapas diningtomsterDined on 7/20/2014The food was outstanding both in creativity and in flavor. There was a vast array to choose from. They offer choices for every palate and 5 plates for two persons was plenty sufficient. We also had desert which was excellent. Very solid wine list, my dining partner and I both had flights which consisted of three small glasses of wine which paired with the food quite well. The waitstaff was attentive without hovering. They sure did not rush us, which made the experience so much more enjoyable. I was surprised that it wasn't noisier - lots of hard surfaces and the tables weren't far apart, but I had no problem caring on a nice conversation without straining. Be sure to bring your fat wallet, the prices aren't for the faint of heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, lots to sample.MattDined on 7/19/2014We had a great meal at Willi's. Our server was friendly and answered all of our questions graciously. Everything on the Surf menu looked good, but we tried to spread it out. The Scallop Dumplings were excellent and my wife really enjoyed the warm spinach salad. My favorite was the bbq duck, a great pairing with the polenta. For the sake of adventure, we tried the Bone Marrow and it was...rich? Interesting taste, but I probably wouldn't order it again. We definitely will return our next time in Santa Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really yummy foodmartialVIPDined on 7/16/20142 of us for b-day celebration The service was problem. Very unprofessional. We ordered 4 dinner items, and she did not ask if we had a particular order, so food was brought out strangely. The worst was waitress taking glass away before empty. I asked for tea, and the waitress took the order and did not look at my friend to see if she wanted something and left the table. My friend wanted decaf. The food was really, really good, but too much oil and swimming in sauces. The sauces were tasty, though. Unfortunately, I do not care for anise and it overpowered the lamb chop but not listed on the menu. When I asked about it, she said, "Oh, its part of the Moroccan spice blend with over 30 spices. We can't list them all".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little gemBarryVIPDined on 7/15/2014Food, wine list and service all excellent. Just be warned...small plates are really pretty large. Easy to order too much food. Maybe the best lambchops I ever had. An extra note. By accident found ourselves next day at Willi's Seafood for lunch in Healdsburg. Very different selections but just as excellent.Special Features:
- KillersuperdavinitDined on 7/14/2014Date Spot, Incredible cuisine, romantic atmosphere, top notch wait staff, great wine, $15 dollar corkage waived with purchase of bottle of wine!Special Features:
- Exceeded top tier reviews I readjfehrenbDined on 7/14/2014Terrific service, cuisine was superb. We tried roasted chicken and the sole. Great seasonings and presentation. Vibrant scene. Small but very busy. Staff was attentive, educated and knowledgeable about wine pairing. Lived it.Special Features:
- Rustic Tapas AmericanaJustafinedayDined on 7/12/2014The outside of Willi's looks like a hideaway bar. It is except this one has some great food behind its modest facade. The menu has a variety of shared small plate selections that include cheese and charcuterie dishes, Asian fusion inspired items, and American traditionals. We tried a three cheese sampler ( Delice Brie, Gouda, Olivares soft blue cheese) with an offered wine pairing. It was a great start! Our other selections included lamb chops with couscous, ahi tartare, riblets, French fries with truffles, bone marrow, finished with a lemon custard. The three of us had a very enjoyable experience and would return. Our dinner came to $145 which was very reasonable for the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SensationalNormVIPDined on 7/8/2014I have been to Willi's Wine Bar three times now. I wish I lived closer; I'd eat here once a week. The food is sensational and inventive. They tease every flavor out of the ingredients. The outdoor patio is great as is the service. I put this restaurant at the top of my list and encourage everyone to give it a try. You won't be disapointed.Special Features:
- Small plates, huge favors!DoloresheightsdinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Reading through the small plates menu at Willi's, we wanted to try them all! And you will, too. Be sure to order the gnocchi - it is amazing - and the lamb chops with couscous that explode with flavor. Love Willi's and can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Night in Santa RosaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We were spending the night in Santa Rosa after visiting wineries in the area, so we decided to go to Willi's Wine Bar. We had a table reservation, but decided to sit at the bar instead. Service was great. Food was fun. Wine flights were fun. Our bill was over $200. Worth that much? No, so choose carefully! Still an overall fun experience and would consider returning if we were in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates good wineGFGourmetDined on 7/3/2014The wine list is terrific with lots of choices by the glass and the bottle. Had a small glass of Portuguese wine for $7.50 that was excellent. Also a couple of salads and one small entree to share. This place can get expensive if you have a large appetite but nice for a smaller lunch and a glass of wine. Nice outdoor patio. Food very good and our service was excellent.Special Features:
- Less Than It SeemsSchincatDined on 6/28/2014A beautiful restaurant with a menu that promises more than it delivers. First, portions are larger than tapa size so when the server recommends five dishes for two people it should be three, maybe four dishes as five just seemed liked too much food. Although the presentation was wonderful for the eyes it left something to be desired for the palate. It seems that the chef doesn't care to add any flavor to his food through the use of even the most mild of spices leaving the taste somewhat bland and disappointing. The food wasn't bad, in fact it was fresh and brought to the table in a timely manner. Ultimately though it was not what it could have been. Our waiter knew his wines and made excellent suggestions that were well received.Special Features: