Willi's Wine Bar
4404 Old Redwood Hwy
Santa Rosa, CA 95403Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Willi's Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williswinebar.net/
- Phone: 7075263096
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Tuesday-Thursday 11:30am - 9:30pm Friday & Saturday 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. Please call Jenny Gipson for details. (707) 546-5100
- Private Party Facilities: Willi's Wine Bar offers semi-private accommodations for parties. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ulrike Steinke (707)526-3096
A word from Willi's Wine Bar
A 2009 San Francisco Chronicle Bay Area Top 100 Restaurant. Willi’s Wine Bar's classic roadhouse appeal captures the casual, laid-back nature of the Sonoma County Wine Country. Tourists and locals feel equally at home enjoying a quick bite or lingering over a glass of wine. The menu at Willi's features 32 international small plates, some wildly inventive and others comfortingly familiar. The knowledgeable staff is eager to help create perfect pairings with wines from the extensive wine list. Diners will find a dazzling array of wines by local producers and are likely to find the winemakers themselves at a nearby table. All wines are available in a two-ounce taste as well as by the glass or bottle. Patio dining is covered and heated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Willi's Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Willi's Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)great for outdoor dining (124)notable wine list (116)neighborhood gem (84)special occasion (72)romantic (70)good for groups (40)hot spot (36)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (13)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Always grea!3folkseatingoutDined on 9/28/2014We love Willie's Wine Bar every time we visit. The food is always excellent, and we love sharing the small plates. Each dish is prepared to perfection. The wine list is very complete and the flights are fun to try. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant!Special Features:
- Another Great Stark RestarauntHighStandardFoodiesDined on 9/27/2014Staff was energetic, enthusiastic and friendly. And the menu had many delectable dishes to choose from. Not being much of a wine person I was especially glad to see that they also offered beer. So I recommend a visit highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Willi's BarOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I took some friends to Willi's and one was a professional chef and she loved everything. We had two very good wines that were recommended by our server and the service was very good and the courses were sered at a good pace. It was a great experience and every dish was outstanding. It is the only place I would bring my foodie friends to. We sat outside and the setting was very nice.Special Features:
- don't miss itpepperchiaraDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding selection of tasty dishes to try. The goat cheese gnocchi with wild mushrooms was over the top. Jason, our waiter, made great wine pairing recommendations. The entire evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be on Time!TimeDined on 9/26/2014We arrived 15 minutes after our reservation (6:15pm) arrived 6:30pm and the host gave our table away! We were in traffic and had called 5 minutes earlier to let them know of our arrival! Fortunately, after my wife told them we would go to Coppola, they found us a table! Other than that it is one of our local favorite go to places.Special Features:
- delicious as alwayssantarosalilyDined on 9/26/2014this is a local gem, with many interesting wines from 2 oz. to full glass pours... which allows multiple tastings if you're in the mood. the plates are always fun to share. love the moroccan lamb and grilled shrimp, but salads are sensational too.Special Features:
- Great food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Our table was directly under a loud speaker (spelled LOUD) which played which played seventies music which made my baby boomer daughter roll her eyes. Next time we will sit far from all speakers and enjoy the best dining in the area. P.S. I'm a Hoagy Carmichael fan myself.Special Features:
- Must tryJrk11Dined on 9/23/2014Our first experience at a tapas restaurant. Each serving was plenty for two to share several bites; five was more than enough food for the two of us. The wine flights were a delightful pairing with the food. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Delicious food+ambiance to match!DaydreamerVIPDined on 9/22/2014This place is the perfect place to take a micro-vacation...Step inside and their pleasant ambiance will envelope you...Seat in their covered patio and the lighting and beautiful fountain will make you think you're steps from the beach in the Caribbean or Mediterranean. Love all of this, but the best part is the food. Recently I've loved their focaccia, spinach salad, filet mignon sliders, calamari, and lemon cake dessert. Definitely a great place for great conversation with good friends or for a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014Amazing wine list. Outstanding food. Love Willi's Wine Bar.Special Features:
- No See food1inthedarkDined on 9/20/2014When the waitstaff has to give you a flashlight to read the menu perhaps there's a lesson to be learned with regard to ambient lighting
- Below expectationsSFrannyDined on 9/20/2014I had heard a lot of good things about the food at Willi's. They had a big group that night we were there for dinner, and that possibly threw off their kitchen and service dynamic. My dining partner said they are usually much better, so I'll be back to try the food again, but I was not impressed on first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Not being from the area, I searched for something a little different and a little special and I sure found it. The food, service and the wines were simply fantastic. Did I mention the food was absolutely delicious?? It sure was off the charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSusanJaneDined on 9/14/2014We've only spent this much on a few dinners over the years, but the small plates at Willie's was such a treat that we have no complaints. We had 7 different plates from salad, to veggies, to protein. All were excellent. We loved that the plates came in sets with rests between each one… time to digest and look forward to what was next. The service was above 4 stars. The gnocchi was to die for. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great greatMvpeelerDined on 9/14/2014This place is awesome. After trying Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar (same owners) up in Healdsburg, which was incredible, my wife and I figured we should try Willi's Wine Bar. Both are tapas style. The menus are similar, but definitely not the same. So many tasty options. The pork riblets were my favorite. The cost isn't too bad considering the quality of the food. I will absolutely return...soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willi'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Good food and atmosphere. We loved the wine tasting and small entrees that we could share. The oysters and lamb chops were amongst our favorite.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/13/2014Although the restaurant is old and not very big, the food is outstanding, from appetizer to dessert. We had 5 people in our party. Everyone took turns ordering items. It was fun and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!FoodiesDined on 9/12/2014We loved the menu and food! Great place!! I particularly enjoyed the Goat Cheese gnocchi and the Crab Tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Food was great. Service was lacking. One of our group was served 15 min after others finished dessert! Waiter was no where to be seen. Then said the kitchen got backed up really? Just come clean they forgot the order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine & miniplatesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014Willi's is always bustling and there is a reason. The wine list is extensive without being pretenscious, flights are offered for each varietal group, and the small plates are excellently designed to pair with the wines. Lastly the service is impeccable all the way from the waiter to the bus boy. The only minor nit-pick would be that the parking lot is small and when full, alternative parking can be a chore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater MealgandrDined on 9/11/2014Really like the outside seating and food. Inside sounded very loud as we walked through. Attentive staff and lots of really interesting food choices make this well work returning to.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014My favorite type of eating - little bits of everything! So many yummy dishes to choose from, and a good way to try something that's new to you. Great place for a date night, or evening with friends. Not too fancy - comfortable, with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Rosa GemNjoyfarm2tableDined on 9/10/2014Willi's outdoor dining is sheer pleasure. The small plates allow even a small party to taste many different dishes. Much of the fare is locally sourced. The BBQ duck with polenta is fantastic and the goat cheese gnocchi herb salad amazed. Butterscotch creme brulee with flur de sel is a must do so save room. The wine list is unique and offers superb parings with the dishes served. We will come back every time we are in Santa Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willi's Wine BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014I'm sure we would have liked it more if our waitress took better care of us. It was not busy, she should have done her job. Disappointed!Special Features:
- Everything was perfect ALMOSTEricVIPDined on 9/10/2014Everything was fine as usual, EXCEPT for the fact we were NEVER SEATED at a table - I had a reservation (Open Table) requesting a quiet outside table. HOWEVER being totally ignored by the hostess as we sat at the bar waiting for a table to open up (remember we had a reservation and arrived a few minutes early) was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. After we noticed her take several new parties, including one walk-in, to outdoor tables something was clearly up. By this time we had been waiting 30 minutes; we gave up and just ate at the bar. There the service was fantastic. If it were my restaurant I'd fire the hostess in a nanosecond, ergo the "Poor" rating.Special Features:
- My favorite Santa Rosa RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Great service, excellent waitress gave us wonderful wine recommendations! I love the crab tacos and filet mignon sliders!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodTryNewThingsDined on 9/5/2014When visiting Sonoma recently I was tasked with making a reservation for Friday night, September 5, 2014. Based on the reviews and recommendations on Trip Advisor, I chose Willi's Wine Bar. They serve small plates all of which I found very good and the service was excellent. We sat outside which was nice but next time I would like to try indoor seating or the bar. The whole process including booking on Open Table worked perfectly. Thanks.Special Features:
- YumCynsinnerDined on 9/4/2014We tried just about every small plate on the menu at our company retreat dinner. All dishes were amazingly tasty. Bussers are extremely attentive, never ran out of clean plates or water. Outdoor seating was perfect for our group of 8, they have heaters on the patio. I also noticed nice tables for 2, with the lights on the tress it's also very romantic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Not impressedkateDined on 9/3/2014I went work my girl friend while on vacation. The service was good but the food was over priced relative to the quality.Special Features:
- always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is about our 5th time here. The food is always tasty and the service very good. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Interesting Small PlatesVine9Dined on 8/29/2014We were there for dinner Friday of Labor Day Weekend with reservations. The restaurant was crowded and noisy, but we asked for outside seating and only had to wait a few minutes. The outside deck was busy, but quiet and the temperature was quite comfortable with outdoor heaters. Food was good with many items to choose from. We had duck mousse, calamari salad, and filet mignon sliders. Instead of dessert, we opted for a cheese course, which was a choice of three cheeses with pairing wine tastes. Honey and toasted baguettes were on the side. It was fun and delicious. We did have a minor problem in that there was a small dog beside the next table watching us, which we tried to ignore. We are not fond of dogs in restaurants.Special Features:
- Always Top NotchMichele93950Dined on 8/23/2014Love the small plates where you can try many different things. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed everything! The service was excellent, and loved the tasting of the different choices. We will be coming again very soon! The outside table was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and winecoloradobleeDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Willi's. Fortunately, we had made a reservation for a Friday evening as it was quite crowded. We were visiting from out of state and quite pleased we chose Willi's for a dinner. We sat outside but the heat lamps made it quite comfortable. Noise level was lively but still easy to carry on conversation . We each had a separate flight of wine - Excellent! We shared 6 small plates and everyone was wonderful. We chose 2 each from surf, earth, turf. My favorite was the lamb chops! Staff was all very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best gets even better!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/21/2014If you haven't eaten here, we wonder why. The broad range of dishes and the consistently excellent and flawless execution of each is sooooo impressive. Particulary, the wok "grilled" squid, brick chicken, tomato soup shooters with a grilled cheese, truffled fries, and pork riblets were exceptional. We don't live in the Santa Rosa area but each time we visit this is our first reservation.Special Features:
- Always goodRondeauBayDined on 8/18/2014Willi's has a great, interesting, and unusual menu. Each small plate we ordered was really good. The wine flights give you a chance to taste a few varietals, and buy any that you really like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a DateHappyguyDined on 8/16/2014Great location to take a date. It is very quite out side on the patio, louder in side.Special Features:
- GreatAJ17VIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything we tried was great...wonderfully inventive small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Wine Bar everMicheleVIPDined on 8/15/2014LOVE this place. We come here whenever we are in Santa Rosa. The wine list is outstanding and the food is even better.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchsecretDined on 8/15/2014A coworker and I made reservations for 2 for lunch. We arrived and were seated immediately. We got the choice of inside or outside seating. We chose outside. Service was great as well as the food and wine.Special Features: