Willi's Wine Bar
4404 Old Redwood Hwy
Santa Rosa, CA 95403Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Willi's Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williswinebar.net/
- Phone: 7075263096
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Tuesday-Thursday 11:30am - 9:30pm Friday & Saturday 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. Please call Jenny Gipson for details. (707) 546-5100
- Private Party Facilities: Willi's Wine Bar offers semi-private accommodations for parties. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ulrike Steinke (707)526-3096
A word from Willi's Wine Bar
A 2009 San Francisco Chronicle Bay Area Top 100 Restaurant. Willi’s Wine Bar's classic roadhouse appeal captures the casual, laid-back nature of the Sonoma County Wine Country. Tourists and locals feel equally at home enjoying a quick bite or lingering over a glass of wine. The menu at Willi's features 32 international small plates, some wildly inventive and others comfortingly familiar. The knowledgeable staff is eager to help create perfect pairings with wines from the extensive wine list. Diners will find a dazzling array of wines by local producers and are likely to find the winemakers themselves at a nearby table. All wines are available in a two-ounce taste as well as by the glass or bottle. Patio dining is covered and heated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Willi's Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (163)notable wine list (128)great for outdoor dining (120)neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (68)romantic (66)hot spot (45)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (32)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always FantasticBobbyDined on 10/23/2014I've been coming to Willi's Wine Bar for 15 years. Every dish I've ever ordered was fantastic. The food is very carefully prepared to combine delicious flavors and interesting textures. The staff is very courteous and attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious small platesluvfrenchfoodDined on 10/22/2014Took a friend for a birthday dinner. Food was wonderful...rich, satisfying and delicious. They remembered to add a birthday candle to the dessert. 😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Love this place! The food and service is always wonderful! Love trying lots of small plates, all kinds of different creative food from around the world! Fresh seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- Enjoyed by allLaHabraCookieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Tried many small plates and all were excellent with the exception of the moo shu bacon, but the shrimp and quail were outstanding. Had a couple of different wine flights which was a lot of fun.Special Features:
- very disappointing, not returningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Worst experience ever at this usually wonderful place.. Service was spectacularly bad and uncaring. The manager was leaning on our chairs to stretch or something..so bizarre.. The dishes were so below there normal level. I have lost my love for this place..3rd bad experience in a rowb ut this sealed the deal.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!daisygirl2010Dined on 10/18/2014I love Willis Wine Bar and never have a bad experience! Tried some new dishes this time (lobster mac & cheese, skillet bread and warm spinach salad) and as usual, Willi's knocked them all out of the park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Loved everything we tried. I can't stop thinking about the scallop dumplings. Service was casual and efficient. Great ambiance on the small outdoor deck. Will return next time we are in Santa Rosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plate DelightslarrygcDined on 10/14/2014Offering of small plates is extensive and excellent. Our group of 8 ordered about one of everything on the menu with all plates being great. Small plates is a bit of a misnomer... As the plates are large enough to share easily. We over ordered, over indulged but overly delighted! The wine list is impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMcCallTeamDined on 10/14/2014Great lunch with my team at work. We always come to Willi's for special lunches and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- EpicBricat5Dined on 10/12/2014Eclectic wine selection, killer tapas menu. One of my greatest meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This is the best restaurant in Sonoma County and great to bring visitors to. One problem was the air conditioning made it too cold to sit inside and there were no tables available outside.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We went there twice over a long weekend - our first time we were seated in the back and didn't really like the location or the service - but really like the restaurant and food. We tried it again and had a MUCH better experience. We will return when in the area!Special Features:
- Lots of great choicesin2jazzDined on 10/12/2014From the range of small plates to the well thought out wine list to the service options from a 2 ounce or 5 ounce pour or a half or full bottle, you can experiment with foods and wines with your friends. I will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful small platespfflyersDined on 10/11/2014Willi's Wine Bar has one of the best small plate menus I have had the pleasure of enjoying! Their somewhat seasonal menu provides interesting combinations. A favorite staple is the BBQ Pulled Duck with Polenta. This visit we also had the Creamed Corn with Lobster, just delicious. When you're in the area it's a great place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food, vibrant patio.OrdsDined on 10/6/2014Had a wonderful dining experience on Monday night. Great atmosphere. Sat on the patio. The server was competent, professional and friendly.The food was truly great with fresh ingredients and creative menu, but portions are on the small side (even for small plates), so consider that when ordering. A great place for a special occasion; those big appetite-types may find it frustrating.Special Features:
- First visit of many to comeHarveyClanVIPDined on 10/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our wine and tapas evening at Willi's. It was our first visit based on reading about it via Check Please Bay Area's website, and the recommendation was spot on. Particularly loved the lamb ribs and warm spinach salad. Wines were terrific, as was the dessert (warm chocolate cake w peanut butter frosting, vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce).Special Features:
- Yummy tapas!gourmetgirlDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had been here with friends a few years ago. Traveling in the area again we decided to try it on our own and we were not disappointed. All the tapas we ordered were a perfect use of the local produce, blend of flavors and lovely presentation. It was also nice to have the option of bring our just purchased bottle of wine. Wish Willie's was in our home state!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but well balancedBFoleyDined on 10/4/2014The wine list is long but entrées are a much shorter list. The food is excellent. I had a wonderful spinach salad. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- great foodroscoDined on 10/3/2014I have been here many times but have not written a review. But they deserve to be praised for their food and service. I have yet to be disappointed by anything on the menu. Great flavors, great presentation, great service and good wine list. It can feel a little crowded and noisy but you don't care because you feel so lucky to get a table there. It is always busy and for good reason. Reserve early so you will not miss this place.Special Features:
- Barely Made Nick Offerman ShowTRHburgDined on 10/3/2014Willi's is a favorite- great, exciting food, innovative wine list, nice setting, warm staff. Recently had a 6pm reservation for 4- made it clear on the reservation and also to the waiter that we had to be at the Wells Fargo Center for the 8pm Nick Offerman show. So usually, they would have had us out by about 7:30...somehow, waiter ended up losing two of the food items on our order...one he found, one he did not. After we ordered, waiter became, naturally, interested in new patrons, guiding them through the menu and helping them build their orders. Somehow, with the missing food, and then needing to track down the waiter for the bill, we wasted 15 precious minutes. We barely got of out Willi's at 7:45 and just made it into our seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodAntonioDined on 10/2/2014Food was unbelievably good. Loved the selection and even for my wife who is gluten free the meals were fantastic. Staff was very accommodating and met our needs acknowledging the specifics of our request. Wine list was limited but good. A true gem!Special Features:
- Fantasticmrsboz29Dined on 10/2/2014Came here based on other reviews and was very glad we did. Smallish Euro plates to share were perfect after a day of tasting wine. That way you get to taste more things! Food was fantastic, tasty, nicely prepared. Service was fantastic, atmosphere was beautiful on the patio. Definitely a place to try and I would go again!Special Features:
- Willi'sMissionmomDined on 9/30/2014There were four of us that were meeting for dinner. We were initially seated inside, but the noise level was such that we realized we would not be able to converse easily. So, we requested to move to a quieter place and were seated outside. The service, ambiance and food were all very good. We were thankful that we moved outside so that we could chat & enjoy each others company. We ordered 7 small plate dishes between the four of us to share & that was ample food.Special Features:
- Another stellar visitEEEEVIPDined on 9/30/2014Without a doubt Willi's should be a dining destination for everyone in the area. Truly wonderful, delicious, superb culinary small plates that will satisfy every palate, even the kids! Hint.....mac and cheese and french fries are huge kid pleasers. The wait service is outstanding (Raina rules supreme...our favorite server) and the wine selection is extensive. Suggest you try a varietal flight. You will have a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Unexpected Awesome!luckyvirgo66Dined on 9/29/2014I was researching for best restaurants in Santa Rosa and this kept coming up. So we decided to give it a try. Great menu, great wine selection. We were not disappointed. So good we came back again the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always grea!3folkseatingoutDined on 9/28/2014We love Willie's Wine Bar every time we visit. The food is always excellent, and we love sharing the small plates. Each dish is prepared to perfection. The wine list is very complete and the flights are fun to try. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant!Special Features:
- Another Great Stark RestarauntHighStandardFoodiesDined on 9/27/2014Staff was energetic, enthusiastic and friendly. And the menu had many delectable dishes to choose from. Not being much of a wine person I was especially glad to see that they also offered beer. So I recommend a visit highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Willi's Barfoodlover70Dined on 9/27/2014I took some friends to Willi's and one was a professional chef and she loved everything. We had two very good wines that were recommended by our server and the service was very good and the courses were sered at a good pace. It was a great experience and every dish was outstanding. It is the only place I would bring my foodie friends to. We sat outside and the setting was very nice.Special Features:
- don't miss itpepperchiaraDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding selection of tasty dishes to try. The goat cheese gnocchi with wild mushrooms was over the top. Jason, our waiter, made great wine pairing recommendations. The entire evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be on Time!TimeDined on 9/26/2014We arrived 15 minutes after our reservation (6:15pm) arrived 6:30pm and the host gave our table away! We were in traffic and had called 5 minutes earlier to let them know of our arrival! Fortunately, after my wife told them we would go to Coppola, they found us a table! Other than that it is one of our local favorite go to places.Special Features:
- delicious as alwayssantarosalilyDined on 9/26/2014this is a local gem, with many interesting wines from 2 oz. to full glass pours... which allows multiple tastings if you're in the mood. the plates are always fun to share. love the moroccan lamb and grilled shrimp, but salads are sensational too.Special Features:
- Very delicious tapas.sfrickDined on 9/25/2014We had dinner here when we first arrived in Santa Rosa. The waiter was very helpful and we had delicious tapas and great wine flights. it was a relaxed atmosphere and fun place at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Our table was directly under a loud speaker (spelled LOUD) which played which played seventies music which made my baby boomer daughter roll her eyes. Next time we will sit far from all speakers and enjoy the best dining in the area. P.S. I'm a Hoagy Carmichael fan myself.Special Features:
- Must tryJrk11Dined on 9/23/2014Our first experience at a tapas restaurant. Each serving was plenty for two to share several bites; five was more than enough food for the two of us. The wine flights were a delightful pairing with the food. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Delicious food+ambiance to match!DaydreamerVIPDined on 9/22/2014This place is the perfect place to take a micro-vacation...Step inside and their pleasant ambiance will envelope you...Seat in their covered patio and the lighting and beautiful fountain will make you think you're steps from the beach in the Caribbean or Mediterranean. Love all of this, but the best part is the food. Recently I've loved their focaccia, spinach salad, filet mignon sliders, calamari, and lemon cake dessert. Definitely a great place for great conversation with good friends or for a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014Amazing wine list. Outstanding food. Love Willi's Wine Bar.Special Features:
- TinaDined on 9/21/2014This place was highly recommended. The place had a nice vibe, we thought the ambiance was lovely and overall the food delicious. There was one dish that was a little greasy for my taste but my husband liked it. Our waiter seemed okay except he forgot to bring my husband his wine until well into the meal, in fact we had to signal someone to get him. Great selection of wines! I downgraded the service because of the oversite of the wine and he was not attentive but would give it another try for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No See food1inthedarkDined on 9/20/2014When the waitstaff has to give you a flashlight to read the menu perhaps there's a lesson to be learned with regard to ambient lighting
- Below expectationsSFrannyDined on 9/20/2014I had heard a lot of good things about the food at Willi's. They had a big group that night we were there for dinner, and that possibly threw off their kitchen and service dynamic. My dining partner said they are usually much better, so I'll be back to try the food again, but I was not impressed on first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Not being from the area, I searched for something a little different and a little special and I sure found it. The food, service and the wines were simply fantastic. Did I mention the food was absolutely delicious?? It sure was off the charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.