Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
403 Healdsburg Ave
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.willisseafood.net/
- Phone: 7074339191
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
RESERVATIONS NOT ACCEPTED FRI - SUN NIGHTS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. (707) 576-3051
- Private Party Facilities: Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar offers semi-private accommodations. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Gibson 7075763051
A word from Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
Located just North of the town square in downtown Healdsburg, Old Havana meets the Wine Country at Willi’s Seafood & Raw Bar. The warm and vibrant decor invite you in while the extensive list of small plates and the fun, eclectic drink menu make you feel right at home. The small plates menu is designed for sharing and features items ranging from New England Style “Rolls,” tuna tartare and ceviches to Latin inspired skewers. The bar is known for its specialty cocktail list featuring Mojitos, Raspberry Lemon Drops and Pomatinis. Willi's has earned a reputation as a great wine country destination, open since the fall of 2003. Patio dining is available. Note: Reservations NOT accepted Friday, Saturday & Sunday Nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Healdsburg ›
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)fit for foodies (67)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (29)good for groups (27)hot spot (25)notable wine list (22)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Better than ExpectedOduarteVIPDined on 8/27/2014Willi's has a nice outdoor seating area in the back and serves a great variety of tapas and small plates. We had 3 items: the melted cheese, the scallops, and the fish tacos. Although they were all very good, I wish we had not had the cheese since it is served with Fritos. There are a lot of other inviting items to choose from and wish we hadn't wasted one of our selections on that one. The Zinfandel from Bella (2011) was excellent. Also, our server Erika was extremely attentive and made our experience their very enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Sonoma area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014It was very good as usual...............................I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014This was our first time to this restaurant because of the name. We are not fond of raw fish. But this will now be our special occasion place. The food was fantastic. The service was fantastic. The server recommended 2 plates per person and it was just right. We were surprised by the amount of food on each plate. More then other small plate restaurants.Special Features:
- Awesome Birthday DinnerDrinkyVIPDined on 8/25/2014We dined at Willi's on my birthday and were not disappointed! The space is nice, the atmosphere is lively. The martinis were perfect, the wine list had some very good options, service was friendly and efficient, and the food was outstanding. Fresh & vibrant flavors, wonderful textures. The crispy oysters are to die for. The crab cake paired well with the fresh corn & basil dish. The kale Caesar salad was dressed & seasoned perfectly. And we loved the ceviche. A perfect meal. We would definitely dine at Willi's again if in the area.Special Features:
- Perfect for small groupsOnlyGoodFoodDined on 8/21/2014Several selections of plates for small groups to share-we had a party of four; ten plates and favored the steamed crab, lobster roll, ahi ceviche and flour less chocolate cake-all deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PlatesBadgerDined on 8/21/2014Menu consists entirely of small plates, mostly unusual (e.g. "Kale Caesar" salad), all carefully executed. Service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasure definedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2014There are many excellent and interesting restaurants in Healdsburg, but if we only had time for one meal this is where we're going. If flavor and variety are main objectives, Willi's takes both to the max. The more often we dine here the more impressed we become.Special Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 8/19/2014My husband & I drove up from Glen Ellen looking for the great food experiences we have been having during our 3 month escape from Tucson. Unfortunately since my husband seems only to go the raw oyster route and this was a tapa type restaurant, we could not share. I had the delicious mushrooms but the toast it was resting on was so tough I could not hardly cut it. The Shrimp dish was good but not great and having to peel them left my hands greasy. I want to be served food that I can fork eat and food like I can't make as good or better in my own kitchen. Sorry, we will stick to Starks in Santa Rosa, this was not worth the drive & I have had much better Bloody Mary's.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Thank you again for a fantastic meal. Staff was great, so many great dishes. PBR-steamed clams & warm sourdough were insanely good together. Highest recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates menuazaliceDined on 8/12/2014This is an interesting place in the center of Healdsburg for those who like small plate dining. We tried it but for us it was not our type of dining. Very good, somewhat spiced up foods. I had a raw salmon appetizer size dish that was good; I followed up with a lamb minted lamb skewer that was spicier than I liked. My husband had mushrooms with onions on toast followed by a a flatbread. To sum it up, I feel it is good food for those who are used to this type of dining but not for people who prefer a more traditional experience. They do have a gluten free menu to help those who need it. The wait staff were good, but food was very slow getting out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Would visit again without hesitation. Everything excellent!!Special Features:
- Tired MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Sad to say, but this once innovative spot is no longer worth your time or money.
- So-so foodBingbingDined on 7/31/2014Started on high point with their nice selection of oysters. Rest of meal struggled to keep up with the bivalves. Menu repetitious and tired. For our taste (and what we expect from a tapas bar), too many dishes were fried. Chef is enamored with aleppo pepper, so it is on many dishes, which got to taste buds and everything began to taste the same. Needs variety of style (hot/cold, spicy/sweet/savory, raw/sautéed/deep fried, sauces on/to the side, you get the picture). Service was poor. Our questions were greeted with an enthusiasm borrowed from an old French waiter: with a shrug and slight condescension. Overall, not a great experience. Too many other superior, including small plate, restaurants in town to go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Addicted to Willil's!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014A great experience once again. The scallops are to die for & the crusty bread with garlic butter & clam flatbread, excellent. The pineapple drop is heavenly adult refreshment on a hot night. We dined on the patio, more mellow than inside. Every dish is unique, full of complex flavors and well constructed. Sadly, they changed the mac and cheese from a hearty bowl of gourmet comfort food pasta with creamy cheeses and tender scallop bites, to a dish made with Orzo and a sauce that is odd for "mac and cheese" - and the scallops have been replaced by "fishy" canned crab. Sometimes you shouldn't mess with perfection. Willi's is still hands down my favorite restaurant. An eclectic menu and attentive wait staff. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Fresh and CreativePhilDined on 7/28/2014Not only is the shellfish very fresh and properly served, but comes with Siracha aioli as one of the choice dipping sauces. Kale salad, not typically,a fan, was one of the best I've ever neaten...must have been the lemon vinaigrette and pine nuts. Cocktails were also inventive and fun. Our waitress Jenn, was knowledgeable about the food and wine pairing, which made our dinner all the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Love the Raw Bar! Super selection of fresh oysters. Great small plates. Good service, but the kitchen got a bit backed up.Special Features:
- 86 the "new" Mac 'N CheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014We always enjoy Willi's and hate to be "sticks in the mud," but the new Mac 'N Cheese" with tiny pasta and shredded crab is a disappointment. Not an improvement over the "old" pasta shells with scallops-style Mac 'N, and a rare "miss" for Willi's. Bring back the old; out with the new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Casual, TastyTravelingTwosomeDined on 7/23/2014We started the dinner with Sourdough bread w/garlic parsley butter - (yummy). Then shared the spinach salad - (real good), Marinated chicken skewers - (just ok), Salt & Pepper baby back riblets, (Super), and grilled fish tacos (good but small portion). All were tasty but we were a bit surprised that the tacos were actually one taco cut in 1/3's. They were good but for the price, I'd order another order of the riblets next time. I don't think I'd order the chicken skewers next time either. They were good but not great - I'd try something else next time. For dessert we shared something called a banana split. Hard to tell what all was in it but it was scrumptious. Wine and beer selection was good. Overall - had a wonderful dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok butOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014the food was very good but the FLY's were awful. Landing on your body and the plates. Better to go in cooler weather.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!jsmdvmDined on 7/23/2014My second time here. I brought three girlfriends. We loved it!!! We were able to share 8 items, six of which were new items for me. Love them all!!! Can't wait to come back in August.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat...Hunt4theBestDined on 7/22/2014Ate here our first evening in town. Casual setting with good tapas. Nice wine list. Good for those who would like to mix and match. Had oysters a couple ways, king crab legs, riblets (the BEST), kale caesar, spinach salad, mac n' cheese.Special Features:
- MY FAVORITE!PeacheeDined on 7/17/2014Whenever I visit Healdsburg, CA I always dine at Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar. The best food, best service and we have tried most of the fine dining establishments there. By far the very best, delicious seafood.Special Features:
- Favorite of HealdsburgWinelove09Dined on 7/15/2014I LOVE this spot. Always a great evening. Great menu, great staff (when a restaurant retains their service staff like this, you know something is going very right) and I just love the space itself. Great bar (one of the only places I’ll order a cocktail anymore – Thank you Daniel) and even though I didn’t see my favorite waiter (missed you Scotty!) the rest of the service was still nice this visit. In 7 years this is my top revisited restaurant in Healdsburg and will continue to be. Any time friends are in town this is the perfect place to show off the area with. Cheers you guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/14/2014Hard to say that anything here was a stand-out. The food was good. The choices were good. Our server was not particularly helpful or friendly...which probably impacts the whole experience the most.
- Fun with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014We always love going to Willi's with friends. The food is consistently great, the ambience wonderful, service exemplary. All guests seem to be enjoying their food & wine, and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!cavagirlVIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I were craving oysters and a good spicy Bloody Mary this past Sunday. I did a search on Open Table and found Willi's. What a find! We had a great, helpful waitress who made very good menu recommendations. We ordered a dozen oysters, muscles, fries and ceviche. Everything was beautifully presented, fresh and delicious. Their Bloody Mary is out of this world delicious - they make their own mix, and it's amazing. We would highly recommend Willi's and can't wait to go back and try new menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun experienceFoodieFanDined on 7/3/2014We ordered the large seafood platter and the two of us ate nearly the whole thing!!! Delish!!! Great service. Comfortable and friendly! Will definitely be going again when in Healdsburg. Great wine list too. Lots of local choices!!! Happy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing TapasNewYorkers5Dined on 7/1/2014A great selection of tapas.. no shortage of choices for all taste buds. Would go back. Best dish was the lobster rolls..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpicegirlVIPDined on 6/28/2014The ceviche was great; closest to the ones eaten in Peru. Good flavor and just the right amount of heat.Special Features:
- Delicious!TenLouDined on 6/27/2014Small plates... Tapas style, each one interesting and delicious. Staff are friendly and knowledgable. A must if visiting Healdsburg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to for entertaining.Cindy23Dined on 6/26/2014Willi's is the place I love to bring visiting family and friends. The food is always good and its a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spotout2lunchDined on 6/26/2014This is a perfect spot to get some fresh oysters. The food was delicious. Love the atmosphere. The staff is great and overall service was quick. One of my favorite places for good seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KendallmoralesDined on 6/25/2014Dined here midweek. Our server was horrible. She took our order and never checked back in with us until we were completely done begging for a check. Half our food did not come out until 35-40 minutes after some of our food was brought out even though I ordered it all at the same time. You'd think fish tacos wouldn't take 40 minutes compared to a crab cake or calamari. I was going to order a drink but could never find my server. Wanted dessert but I was so annoyed by the time she came to the table that I just waited until I left to find some dessert. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- HealdsburgerVIPDined on 6/25/2014Always good food, service and atmosphere here. The lobster roll puts all those mayo based rolls to shame! The fries are awesome, salads fresh and delicious. You can't go wrong! Wonderful seafood, good wines, great cocktails.Special Features:
- June wine tastingBordeaux69VIPDined on 6/24/2014I have eaten here several times in the past, but only at the bar and mostly seafood. This time, we sat outside and tried most of the meat dishes. In brief, do not order anything other than seafood.Special Features:
- Tough clamsEricvonkDined on 6/23/2014Steamers put my teeth to the test: tough tough tough. Undercooked? Overcooked? They were like a plug of rubber but the broth was good: not too salty. Jordan chard @ $13/glass was robbery. Was it old, or just badly made? Rough edge, skunky taste. Doesn 't anyone try these before vending them ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and DownsJudyVIPDined on 6/23/2014I love Willi's for late summer lunches on the patio. And I again enjoyed myself recently, but should have chosen my dishes differently. For the first, and only, time I wasn't crazy about my choice of lobster roll. Too much butter, not enough lobster. Back to peel-and-eat prawns next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for the 1st timeSomaVIPDined on 6/22/2014We have dined at Willis's numerous times and have always had a great experience whether we dined at an inside table, at the ar or outside. Our daughter was visiting Healdsburg for the first time so naturally we chose Willis's. Unfortunately the experience was very disappointing. We were seated outside ( which is usually our preference), the service was very poor, our server was unattentive. The flies were everywhere and made it difficult to swat them and continue eating. The food was fair to good but overall not a good experience. I am not sure if there has been an ownership or management change but this is not the same Willis's we have dined at for over 5 years.
- Outstanding SeafoodFoodieFromEastBayDined on 6/22/2014Willi's offers fresh seafood in creative and fresh recipes. Many choices. Best seafood in that side of wine country. Terrific service as well! Had Halibut Cevechi, Seafood Platter of Fresh Oysters and Clams and Steamed Scampi and 1/2 Lobster. Finished with Fresh Soft shell Crab Sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014We had a fantastic meal outside on the patio. Service was great.Special Features: