Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
403 Healdsburg Ave
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.willisseafood.net/
- Phone: (707) 433-9191
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
RESERVATIONS NOT ACCEPTED FRI - SUN NIGHTS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. (707) 576-3051
- Private Party Facilities: Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar offers semi-private accommodations. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Gibson 7075763051
A word from Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
Located just North of the town square in downtown Healdsburg, Old Havana meets the Wine Country at Willi’s Seafood & Raw Bar. The warm and vibrant decor invite you in while the extensive list of small plates and the fun, eclectic drink menu make you feel right at home. The small plates menu is designed for sharing and features items ranging from New England Style “Rolls,” tuna tartare and ceviches to Latin inspired skewers. The bar is known for its specialty cocktail list featuring Mojitos, Raspberry Lemon Drops and Pomatinis. Willi's has earned a reputation as a great wine country destination, open since the fall of 2003. Patio dining is available. Note: Reservations NOT accepted Friday, Saturday & Sunday Nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Healdsburg ›
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (40)great for lunch (36)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (22)notable wine list (21)special occasion (20)romantic (14)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Fun and deliciousYummyDined on 11/10/2014Excellent food, great service, informative wait staff, nice ambiance, a fantastic dinner experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With a group of friends for lunchLocalVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have found with a group just to order a couple of things, share those and then order the next couple of things, otherwise it will all come practically at once and you can't savor the wonderful flavors independently. This is a great restaurant, our friends had never been before and they raved about all the great tastes, the Kale Caesar and spinach salads to die for, the calamari as good as it gets, the chorizo and cheese melt was yummy, the chicken skewers too, we also had Duncan's mushrooms and were stuffed for a very reasonable price. The mixed drinks were first class as well, this is one of our favorites in this town of many great eateries.Special Features:
- Good food, poor servicecyclingchicDined on 11/6/2014We enjoyed our small plates. The service left a lot to be desired. One of us ordered wine - it took three requests to finally get her glass. When the waiter was told of this, his response was "excellent." Perhaps misplaced sarcasm? From that point on we saw him maybe one more time during the meal (I certainly don't want a hovering waiter, but there was no opportunity to order more plates), and when he came by, he was dismissive. What a disappointment.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!wineguy8Dined on 11/6/2014We had an outdoor luncheon with out of town friends. Every single small plate dish was superb! I have been there many times - and have always enjoyed the experience. But there is a new attention to making this restaurant truly top rate - and it shows!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healdsburg gemgcousinsDined on 11/5/2014We visited Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar on the recommendation of a close relative. We were in town for a family reunion and they accommodated us very well for a group of 11 on a weeknight. The tapas were wonderful and artfully prepared. We tried quite a few, lamb, scallops, beef and vegetarian. Great wine selections too. We definitely have Willi's on our agenda for our next visit to Healdsburg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experienceRobinTDined on 11/5/2014Food was great as was service and outside dining! Would recommend for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service ruined the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Went her after review on Trip Advisor. Restaurant was busy. Six people in our party. Service and delivery of food slow, in fact one of our friends did not receive a single dish until half way into meal. Food tasted fine, nothing special.Special Features:
- Amazing SelectionDinerDined on 10/30/2014Love the small plates. All hail to the kale Caesar salad! Loved the calamari. staff very helpful without being intrusive.Special Features:
- First visit to Willi'sTravelNEatDined on 10/30/2014A friend recommended this place and it did not disappoint. Small plate dining as good as it gets. Service was attentive but not overbearing. A little pricy but it is Napa-Sonoma so higher prices not unexpected. The server told us 2-3 small plates per person. We ordered 5 for two and it was a little too much, but that also depends on which small plates you order. Only minor disappointment was the lobster roll. The lobster roll is probably ok too if you've never had one in Maine. Will most likely visit again on next trip to Sonoma.Special Features:
- Never fails to delightZiggDined on 10/29/2014We enjoy lunch here at least once a month. Food always excellent, as is the service. Menus has something for everyone. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- Mostly greatmainelyontheplainDined on 10/24/2014We ordered crab cakes, fish tacos, bacon scallops, & calamari. Crab was perfect, the calamari excellent except for the sweet sauce, fish tacos were ok - more fish, less cabbage please, and the bacon wrapped scallops were perfectly done and creamy. They offer all small plates so it's kind of nice to try a number of dishes without overeating. I would go again but not right away. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mishmash of Great FoodFedupwithsales2Dined on 10/23/2014The sound level in this establishment borders on unbearable. There were seats that offered more intimate surroundings, but overall I could barely hear my partner without asking her to repeat herself. The Menu is full of excellent choices. The food is very good. The actual servers were awkward beginners and did not add anything to the experience but intrusion to place plates on the table. The Waiter was pleasant but overly loud - guess he has to be to overcome the room. In future, when having a Birthday celebration or personal event, I probably won't accept the seating we were given - I felt like we were an afterthought to the sales needs of the establishment. My first visit, my Wife's second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantmertDined on 10/22/2014We always want to dine here when we are in town. Delicious. Great service. Wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014I really enjoyed the great food at Willi's although I found the portions small if sharing. Not the place for a big appetite unless willing to spend over $20 dollars per personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- healdsburg funneverhomeDined on 10/21/2014fun restaurant - very busy bar area which is entertaining. wine list a bit frustrating as lower price points sold out. no reason you should need to pay over $50 for a cab in sonoma. food was excellent & server also top notch. not a restaurant for those only wanting traditional menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must When in HealdsburgSeagrapeDined on 10/21/2014The past several times we have visited wine country we have enjoyed Willi's Seafood. Two years ago we were traveling with a group of 8 and at a group dinner got to taste just about everything on the menu. This time there was only my husband and I and we had to be very selective. We had an excellent experience. Great food, great service and a fun atmosphere. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great after day of wine tastingUncleDaveDined on 10/20/2014Great after day of wine tasting. The small plates are perfect. Get as much or little as you like. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-visitschandleDined on 10/17/2014Several people told us we had to eat at Willi's Seafood when we visited Sonoma County and they were right! Everything we tried was excellent. They have the ability to take something you've probably tried before (for example seared ahi tuna) and imbue it with flavors and presentation that make it unique. The fried oyster cubana was outstanding. Next time, we'll come for dinner instead of lunch so we can eat even more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistent!YoliVIPDined on 10/15/2014I have been to this restaurant so many times and always enjoy the food and the ambiance as well as the service. Our friends who had never been there were blown away by the delicious small plates and the variety of food. Great place!! Thank you!!Special Features:
- Yum!Food4ThoughtDined on 10/14/2014Calamari is the best we've ever had. Bacon wrapped scollops were to die for. Beet salad was delish. Fish tacos were incredible. Everything we ordered was amazing! Compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood! Don't miss out.CochiseVIPDined on 10/11/2014When in Healdsburg, if you don't make a point of dining here, then you can't claim that you ate at the best restaurant in Healdsburg. There are many good places to dine in Healdsburg, but Willi's is tops. The seafood is prepared to perfection. The Sonoma wine list is great. Hope you take this good advice and book a table at Willi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We had a great dinner. Server was helpful selecting the right amount of food and picking options from the small-plate/sharing menu that everyone liked. Bonus points for a gluten-free menu and being able to navigate a pregnancy in the group too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, lazy-day lunchJudyVIPDined on 10/10/2014As a local, it can be difficult deciding in which of our many fine restaurants to dine. A favorite is Willi's patio, where people watching is a major attraction. Once the food arrives, however, it receives my full attention. The grilled prawns, ordered by the piece, are my idea of the perfect shrimp. Big, tasty, just right. Can't go wrong here. A plate of steamed clams with garlic bread, chopped salad, all winners. I over order intentionally so I have yummy leftovers the next day. Lucky me!Special Features:
- FairTheWardenVIPDined on 10/6/2014Have been in the past for the Oysters. This time I dont know if was the shucker but I was unimpressed.Special Features:
- Don't buy the hype!BigSamDined on 10/2/2014Service was not particularly good, I felt we were an imposition to our waiter. Food was ok but not what I would expect from a 4 star establishment. In fact it was rather pedestrian. I had dinner at 4 establishments in Healdsburg over the week and this one did not come close to the others. I can even overlook service if the food is really good, but 0 for 2 in my book. Don't buy the hype and look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Always Meets ExpectationsjeannedDined on 10/1/2014We dine here 4-6 times a year. The food is always great in flavor and presentation. The wait staff are efficient as well as seemingly happy to be serving us. The ambience is fun, busy but not chaotic.Special Features:
- overratedChadwick53Dined on 9/30/2014Way to loud. Food mediocre at best. Service was fine but would not go back or recommend to others.
- Oilerfan77Dined on 9/24/2014I always try to make it to Willies when I am in Sonoma. The food is consistent in quality, not a 10 but very good and very approachable. The wine list could be a little stronger considering what is available here but all in all a nice place for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Willi's -- always the bestCharlesDined on 9/20/2014Had a great lunch here. The only problem with Willi's is that it is so good we almost never go anywhere else when we visit Healdsburg!Special Features:
- Friendy Service, Great TapasAmySDined on 9/19/2014Consistently great food and service. Love their tapas that are great for sharing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Everything was delicious! Delivery of food was kind of haphazard, but we did entirely order small plates and the servers were friendly. Tuna tartare and fried oysters were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in HealdsburgtntyoderDined on 9/17/2014Every time we are in town we make sure to visit Willi's. Always great food and a good time.Special Features:
- OpenTableFanVIPDined on 9/16/2014A Healdsburg favorite that never disappoints. Great for small plates.Special Features:
- Small Plates weren't enoughsnowbirdsDined on 9/16/2014We tasted wine all afternoon and perhaps were TOO hungry for the wonderful small plates that were available. Drinks were fine and service was good. Glad to finally get into this spot after many visits to the area.Special Features:
- Delicious!BrownieVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have to say I was not sure what to expect when I was referred to Willi's, sometimes recommendations don't live up to the experience. This time, I was very pleasantly surprised - every small plate I tried, was fabulous - oysters, bacon-wrapped scallops, cheese plate, riblets, all worth trying. Great flavors and presentation. Great staff. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!Ty13Dined on 9/8/2014I can't tell you how many times I've been here, and every time the food is delicious! Hands down, one of my favorite spots! The lobster rolls are to die for! and the cucumber martini is yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!Sandy94901VIPDined on 9/8/2014Will's is consistently excellent....perhaps even better than ever. Best small plate experience. Great variety and everything is delicious.Special Features:
- Fun in HeadelsburgFoodiefromslcDined on 9/5/2014Really a nice place to go,after a long day of wine tasting. The dishes reminded me of ordering tapas, and I like the small portions. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014In town for a wedding . Being able to make a reservation for 10 was a plus . Waiter great with separate checks and even served a dessert with a candle for a bday celebrate Loved being at the bartableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dog!HunaDined on 9/5/2014Everything about out lunch was perfect. Weespecially liked the fact that we were able to bring our dog along for our anniversary and her birthday celebration. The water dish, for our dog, was an added treat. Thank you.Special Features: