Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
403 Healdsburg Ave
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.willisseafood.net/
- Phone: 7074339191
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
RESERVATIONS NOT ACCEPTED FRI - SUN NIGHTS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Stark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by proposal. (707) 576-3051
- Private Party Facilities: Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar offers semi-private accommodations. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Gibson 7075763051
A word from Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar
Located just North of the town square in downtown Healdsburg, Old Havana meets the Wine Country at Willi’s Seafood & Raw Bar. The warm and vibrant decor invite you in while the extensive list of small plates and the fun, eclectic drink menu make you feel right at home. The small plates menu is designed for sharing and features items ranging from New England Style “Rolls,” tuna tartare and ceviches to Latin inspired skewers. The bar is known for its specialty cocktail list featuring Mojitos, Raspberry Lemon Drops and Pomatinis. Willi's has earned a reputation as a great wine country destination, open since the fall of 2003. Patio dining is available. Note: Reservations NOT accepted Friday, Saturday & Sunday Nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Healdsburg ›
Willi's Seafood & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (32)good for groups (32)hot spot (27)special occasion (21)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- healdsburg funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014fun restaurant - very busy bar area which is entertaining. wine list a bit frustrating as lower price points sold out. no reason you should need to pay over $50 for a cab in sonoma. food was excellent & server also top notch. not a restaurant for those only wanting traditional menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after day of wine tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Great after day of wine tasting. The small plates are perfect. Get as much or little as you like. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-visitschandleDined on 10/17/2014Several people told us we had to eat at Willi's Seafood when we visited Sonoma County and they were right! Everything we tried was excellent. They have the ability to take something you've probably tried before (for example seared ahi tuna) and imbue it with flavors and presentation that make it unique. The fried oyster cubana was outstanding. Next time, we'll come for dinner instead of lunch so we can eat even more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Food4ThoughtDined on 10/14/2014Calamari is the best we've ever had. Bacon wrapped scollops were to die for. Beet salad was delish. Fish tacos were incredible. Everything we ordered was amazing! Compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We had a great dinner. Server was helpful selecting the right amount of food and picking options from the small-plate/sharing menu that everyone liked. Bonus points for a gluten-free menu and being able to navigate a pregnancy in the group too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, lazy-day lunchJudyVIPDined on 10/10/2014As a local, it can be difficult deciding in which of our many fine restaurants to dine. A favorite is Willi's patio, where people watching is a major attraction. Once the food arrives, however, it receives my full attention. The grilled prawns, ordered by the piece, are my idea of the perfect shrimp. Big, tasty, just right. Can't go wrong here. A plate of steamed clams with garlic bread, chopped salad, all winners. I over order intentionally so I have yummy leftovers the next day. Lucky me!Special Features:
- FairTheWardenVIPDined on 10/6/2014Have been in the past for the Oysters. This time I dont know if was the shucker but I was unimpressed.Special Features:
- Don't buy the hype!BigSamDined on 10/2/2014Service was not particularly good, I felt we were an imposition to our waiter. Food was ok but not what I would expect from a 4 star establishment. In fact it was rather pedestrian. I had dinner at 4 establishments in Healdsburg over the week and this one did not come close to the others. I can even overlook service if the food is really good, but 0 for 2 in my book. Don't buy the hype and look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Always Meets ExpectationsjeannedDined on 10/1/2014We dine here 4-6 times a year. The food is always great in flavor and presentation. The wait staff are efficient as well as seemingly happy to be serving us. The ambience is fun, busy but not chaotic.Special Features:
- overratedChadwick53Dined on 9/30/2014Way to loud. Food mediocre at best. Service was fine but would not go back or recommend to others.
- Oilerfan77Dined on 9/24/2014I always try to make it to Willies when I am in Sonoma. The food is consistent in quality, not a 10 but very good and very approachable. The wine list could be a little stronger considering what is available here but all in all a nice place for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Willi's -- always the bestCharlesDined on 9/20/2014Had a great lunch here. The only problem with Willi's is that it is so good we almost never go anywhere else when we visit Healdsburg!Special Features:
- Friendy Service, Great TapasAmySDined on 9/19/2014Consistently great food and service. Love their tapas that are great for sharing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Everything was delicious! Delivery of food was kind of haphazard, but we did entirely order small plates and the servers were friendly. Tuna tartare and fried oysters were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in HealdsburgtntyoderDined on 9/17/2014Every time we are in town we make sure to visit Willi's. Always great food and a good time.Special Features:
- OpenTableFanVIPDined on 9/16/2014A Healdsburg favorite that never disappoints. Great for small plates.Special Features:
- Small Plates weren't enoughsnowbirdsDined on 9/16/2014We tasted wine all afternoon and perhaps were TOO hungry for the wonderful small plates that were available. Drinks were fine and service was good. Glad to finally get into this spot after many visits to the area.Special Features:
- Delicious!BrownieVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have to say I was not sure what to expect when I was referred to Willi's, sometimes recommendations don't live up to the experience. This time, I was very pleasantly surprised - every small plate I tried, was fabulous - oysters, bacon-wrapped scallops, cheese plate, riblets, all worth trying. Great flavors and presentation. Great staff. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!Sandy94901VIPDined on 9/8/2014Will's is consistently excellent....perhaps even better than ever. Best small plate experience. Great variety and everything is delicious.Special Features:
- Fun in HeadelsburgFoodiefromslcDined on 9/5/2014Really a nice place to go,after a long day of wine tasting. The dishes reminded me of ordering tapas, and I like the small portions. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014In town for a wedding . Being able to make a reservation for 10 was a plus . Waiter great with separate checks and even served a dessert with a candle for a bday celebrate Loved being at the bartableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dog!HunaDined on 9/5/2014Everything about out lunch was perfect. Weespecially liked the fact that we were able to bring our dog along for our anniversary and her birthday celebration. The water dish, for our dog, was an added treat. Thank you.Special Features:
- GreatLuvitDined on 9/3/2014Great chance to enjoy differently prepared food by a great chef. Good place for groups to try varietySpecial Features:
- Wonderful choiceMamakeggDined on 8/28/2014Our group is hard to please. We came away totally thrilled having made the perfect choice for our one evening in charming Healdsburg. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ExpectedOduarteVIPDined on 8/27/2014Willi's has a nice outdoor seating area in the back and serves a great variety of tapas and small plates. We had 3 items: the melted cheese, the scallops, and the fish tacos. Although they were all very good, I wish we had not had the cheese since it is served with Fritos. There are a lot of other inviting items to choose from and wish we hadn't wasted one of our selections on that one. The Zinfandel from Bella (2011) was excellent. Also, our server Erika was extremely attentive and made our experience their very enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Sonoma area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014It was very good as usual...............................I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantNothatpickyDined on 8/26/2014This was our first time to this restaurant because of the name. We are not fond of raw fish. But this will now be our special occasion place. The food was fantastic. The service was fantastic. The server recommended 2 plates per person and it was just right. We were surprised by the amount of food on each plate. More then other small plate restaurants.Special Features:
- Awesome Birthday DinnerDrinkyVIPDined on 8/25/2014We dined at Willi's on my birthday and were not disappointed! The space is nice, the atmosphere is lively. The martinis were perfect, the wine list had some very good options, service was friendly and efficient, and the food was outstanding. Fresh & vibrant flavors, wonderful textures. The crispy oysters are to die for. The crab cake paired well with the fresh corn & basil dish. The kale Caesar salad was dressed & seasoned perfectly. And we loved the ceviche. A perfect meal. We would definitely dine at Willi's again if in the area.Special Features:
- Perfect for small groupsOnlyGoodFoodDined on 8/21/2014Several selections of plates for small groups to share-we had a party of four; ten plates and favored the steamed crab, lobster roll, ahi ceviche and flour less chocolate cake-all deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PlatesBadgerDined on 8/21/2014Menu consists entirely of small plates, mostly unusual (e.g. "Kale Caesar" salad), all carefully executed. Service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasure definedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2014There are many excellent and interesting restaurants in Healdsburg, but if we only had time for one meal this is where we're going. If flavor and variety are main objectives, Willi's takes both to the max. The more often we dine here the more impressed we become.Special Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 8/19/2014My husband & I drove up from Glen Ellen looking for the great food experiences we have been having during our 3 month escape from Tucson. Unfortunately since my husband seems only to go the raw oyster route and this was a tapa type restaurant, we could not share. I had the delicious mushrooms but the toast it was resting on was so tough I could not hardly cut it. The Shrimp dish was good but not great and having to peel them left my hands greasy. I want to be served food that I can fork eat and food like I can't make as good or better in my own kitchen. Sorry, we will stick to Starks in Santa Rosa, this was not worth the drive & I have had much better Bloody Mary's.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Thank you again for a fantastic meal. Staff was great, so many great dishes. PBR-steamed clams & warm sourdough were insanely good together. Highest recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates menuazaliceDined on 8/12/2014This is an interesting place in the center of Healdsburg for those who like small plate dining. We tried it but for us it was not our type of dining. Very good, somewhat spiced up foods. I had a raw salmon appetizer size dish that was good; I followed up with a lamb minted lamb skewer that was spicier than I liked. My husband had mushrooms with onions on toast followed by a a flatbread. To sum it up, I feel it is good food for those who are used to this type of dining but not for people who prefer a more traditional experience. They do have a gluten free menu to help those who need it. The wait staff were good, but food was very slow getting out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Would visit again without hesitation. Everything excellent!!Special Features:
- Tired MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Sad to say, but this once innovative spot is no longer worth your time or money.
- So-so foodBingbingDined on 7/31/2014Started on high point with their nice selection of oysters. Rest of meal struggled to keep up with the bivalves. Menu repetitious and tired. For our taste (and what we expect from a tapas bar), too many dishes were fried. Chef is enamored with aleppo pepper, so it is on many dishes, which got to taste buds and everything began to taste the same. Needs variety of style (hot/cold, spicy/sweet/savory, raw/sautéed/deep fried, sauces on/to the side, you get the picture). Service was poor. Our questions were greeted with an enthusiasm borrowed from an old French waiter: with a shrug and slight condescension. Overall, not a great experience. Too many other superior, including small plate, restaurants in town to go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Addicted to Willil's!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014A great experience once again. The scallops are to die for & the crusty bread with garlic butter & clam flatbread, excellent. The pineapple drop is heavenly adult refreshment on a hot night. We dined on the patio, more mellow than inside. Every dish is unique, full of complex flavors and well constructed. Sadly, they changed the mac and cheese from a hearty bowl of gourmet comfort food pasta with creamy cheeses and tender scallop bites, to a dish made with Orzo and a sauce that is odd for "mac and cheese" - and the scallops have been replaced by "fishy" canned crab. Sometimes you shouldn't mess with perfection. Willi's is still hands down my favorite restaurant. An eclectic menu and attentive wait staff. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Fresh and CreativePhilDined on 7/28/2014Not only is the shellfish very fresh and properly served, but comes with Siracha aioli as one of the choice dipping sauces. Kale salad, not typically,a fan, was one of the best I've ever neaten...must have been the lemon vinaigrette and pine nuts. Cocktails were also inventive and fun. Our waitress Jenn, was knowledgeable about the food and wine pairing, which made our dinner all the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Love the Raw Bar! Super selection of fresh oysters. Great small plates. Good service, but the kitchen got a bit backed up.Special Features: