Willie G's - Post Oak
1605 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Willie G's - Post Oak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williegs.com/postOak/index.asp
- Phone: 7138407190
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Parada
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Willie G's - Post Oak
Known for serving fresh seafood specialties and recognized nationally as one of the top upscale seafood restaurants, Willie G’s has established itself as the premier seafood house in the Houston Galleria area. If you're looking for the freshest Gulf seafood, succulent steaks and unsurpassed service, Willie G's is sure to deliver. Willie G's offers an all new chic and modern decor with gorgeous lighting and artwork against rich dark woods. Enjoy the wonderful new patio for outdoor drinks and appetizers or dining al fresco. The local business crowd flocks to the restaurant for a light lunch of freshly shucked oysters or a bowl of Willie G's famous seafood gumbo. In the evenings, wine aficionados enjoy perusing Willie G's extensive wine list to find the perfect pairing for their meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Willie G's - Post Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)great for lunch (31)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (13)romantic (13)notable wine list (9)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- A Special SundayOreoBitesDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed a delicious Bloody Mary at the bar while waiting for my blind date...our table was perfect for quiet conversation and secluded enough for laughter. We ordered the Zucchini and Onion Ring appetizer which was served hot and crispy. My entree was Fried Shrimp and his was Fried Shrimp and Catfish...both delicately crunchy and piping hot. The real treat that day was our server Joseph...a real gem. Water appeared before we could ask, iced tea magically arrived and his culinary opinions were spot on. My date frequents the restaurant...I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman...beautiful, pampered and very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AstonisheddiningcriticDined on 8/30/20141) Wine ordered by 1 of 2 men at dinner brought to 2nd man for approval & tasting 2) Bread not brought to table until after entree served 3) Vegetables served almost cold (3 of 3 who had vegetables). Vegetables returned & when re served were just moderately warm but took no further action 4) Fish 3 different types outstanding in preparation & freshness. 5)Service quite erraticSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service, 5 stars!SammyhtxDined on 8/30/2014My experience at Willie G's was an extremely pleasant one. Our server Clark was incredible. He was very attentive, social and seemed like a genuine person. He made sure we were enjoying our evening never forgetting to check on our table. The food was delcious and the merlot was amazing! I would recommend Willie G's to everyone and tell them to ask for Clark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1frequentdinerDined on 8/28/2014We have eaten here many, many times and our opinion is always the same. We love the food, but the noise level is awful! We were entertaining out of town family and it was VERY difficult to carry on a conversation without leaning half way across the table and constantly repeating ourselves. While we love the emery of Willie G's, it would be nice if there were a quieter section for those people who actually want to talk to one another!Special Features:
- Has gone downhillBigEaterVIPDined on 8/26/2014Has been a longstanding Houston favorite, and I have been coming here for over 30 years. This is probably my last time. Ordered the snapper Melissa. Meal was fresh but overlooked. Spinach was a flavorless lump of yuck. Fish, shrimp and scallops were all coated with a hard, greasy crust. Sat at a table with 6 others and everyone had the same problem with their respective dishes. Kitchen door was propped open so spent meal with unappetizing view and noise.
- Great food outstandingthetaxmanDined on 8/24/2014We came for restaurant week and this was a big hit. My steak was excellent and my wife had the red snapper very tasty. The gumbo was great for a restaurant and I am very picky about my gumbo. My wife felt it was maybe a little too salty but otherwise good and her green beans were cold but we had a party of 4 and everyone thought it was a big hit. I can't wait to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/23/2014This was a great find! At first when my 18 year old recommended this restaurant, I was a little apprehensive since she and a group of friends raved about it, but I must tell you that I was very impress with the food and the atmosphere. We were a party of 16, and our waitress was outstanding considering she only had been working at the Houston Post Oak Location for 3 weeks, and this was her big party. The gumbo was less than desirable but everything else was goodSpecial Features:
- Not a great experienceServermyselfDined on 8/20/2014The server kept forgetting about us it was my moms birthday so we wanted to try something new will not be going back food wasn't bad once we finally got our meal...
- TheresaDined on 8/20/2014The service and food are good. However, it is very loud in the restaurant and difficult to carry on conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our food, considering the amount of people, our service was pretty good BUT THE NOISE LEVEL WAS AWFUL. Maybe there should be carpeting in the bar. Although we were seated in a booth we had to lean over the table to hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for food and drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014No question Houston's Restaurant Week made it a better value for the meals on the select menu and there was No disappointment from that. It would be a place I will try again without the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!HillaryDined on 8/17/2014I tend to forget about Willie G's because I often go to McCormick & Schmicks's or Trulucks but Willie G's has really good food. Great selection, high quality and nice atmosphere. And I feel that the prices are reasonable for what you get. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday this past weekend and he really enjoyed it. He had the broiled seafood platter and I had the crab cake dinner. Both were great and we ended up taking half home. I'll definitely remember to return to Wilie G's on a more regular basis going forward.Special Features:
- BoudreauxDined on 8/12/2014Classic Houston seafood restaurant. Consistent, predictable. Good business meeting place for dinner.Special Features:
- Bad Food...Poor ServiceFoodLover81Dined on 8/2/2014I had the bar trash, lobster bisque and Snapper Melissa. All food was way too salty. Green beans were cold. Our waiter had an issue with spitting when he spoke and continually interrupted our tables conversations. My husband accidentally tipped the waiter twice (did not realize tip was already included because we were a large party) and the waiter said nothing. I am talking like getting a 150 tip instead of a 75 tip...crazy! I had to call back up there and get it fixed.
- portionsStruisvogelDined on 8/2/2014the lobster tail was great, the shrimp as well. service excellent. Just one remark! the portions are shrinking quite a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrahamDined on 8/2/2014The reception at the door was poor, the woman was not listening to ignored the fact that we had a reservation with request for a highchair for our son. The waiter was excellent an made up for the arrival shortcomings. The food was good, neither excellent nor poor and most certainly not worth the cost. There are other restaurants much closer to home serving similar food at much less cost, I don't think we will return.
- Service was lackingIllyGirlDined on 7/31/2014We were a party of 9 for a happy hour to wish a co-worker farewell. We ordered drinks and food and ran up a bill of nearly $500. Our waiter was slow and multiple times we waited more than 10 minutes for drink refills (some mixed drinks, but some beer). We just couldn't understand why it was taking so long. It got to the point that when he would brink our drinks, we would immediately order the next round because of how long it was taking. He had multiple tables and I think he was just overwhelmed. He was very nice an personable, but was an older gentleman. He may have been better suited to work the main dining room and not the bar which is much more hopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busyBigAlDined on 7/30/2014We had lunch, and it was very busy and very noisy. Only one hostess, so a long wait to be seated. Despite making a reservation we got the worst table in the restaurant.
- FoodieDined on 7/22/2014Outstanding food. Waiter, this time only, was hard to find.Special Features:
- Horribe expierience for my date.badchoiceofvenueDined on 7/20/2014My date was walked away from my waiter while making a decision. My fish and fries were over cooked and bland the shrimp were ok. My date never gave one single complement on the venue. She gave me several so I know she had a good time with me and was thankful for the invitation. The g sangria gave me a headache.
- enjoy2eatDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter was great. Great service, from recommendations to being attentive. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very chewy shrimpSandYDined on 7/11/2014The shrimp dish I ordered was very rubbery. It was overcooked. Fortunately, the waiter noticed and offered to take it back and replace it with something else, which I did. The wife's fried shrimp were fine, but I doubt if we will go here again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food is a little bit salty, the gumbo was not good. The service was horrible, our server was not good, he was not attentive to the guess my friends were complaining about him. A friend said i should complain to the manager, but i refuse because i do not him to spoil my day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to dineoniaiDined on 6/27/2014Willie G's Post Oak is a great place to dine, simply and with zero hassles, in the Uptown/Galleria area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short on PresentationRetiredDined on 6/25/2014The food was good but the presentation left a lot to be desired. Waiter kept reaching over as we ate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood placedavidwyrick85VIPDined on 6/19/2014Best seafood gumbo I've ever had, I will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedR1516Dined on 6/15/2014We have eaten here before and loved it. We all ordered a different soup and none of us even ate 1/2 of it. It just didn't taste good. My daughter and I split a dish which was seasoned too much and very greasy. We enjoyed the appetizer and the dessert.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014We were disappointed in the crab, mango and avocado appetizer. It was not flavorful at all.Special Features:
- Can you hear me now?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Sorry, but the noise level was so high that it negated all of the outstanding compliments for the lunch experience. Great food, superb service and nice atmosphere. There are a number of excellent solutions for noise abatement...whynotworkonthat? Chuck Davis.
- Too noisyCGK14Dined on 6/5/2014We went there for a quiet business lunch. Instead we were put in the middle of the room where the noise level was pretty horrific. Great food, but it would be nice if they could figure out how to reduce the noise level. I will return for this restaurant for the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy Go To for SeafoodMLYTEXASDined on 5/31/2014Willie G's is still a good choice for seafood. Is it the best ever, no, but my snapper was very good and the gumbo super flavorful. Service is steady. It is loud, however, so be prepared.
- Less Than ImpressedALfromTXVIPDined on 5/31/2014I went to Willie G’s for dinner with my boyfriend and was disappointed.It was not busy but took 5 min. for our server to take our drink order. He was nice but only talked to us as he walked by, we referred to it as "drive by waiting”. The food was next. I had a house salad with too many onions. He had a Caesar and said it as watered down. For the main course we each had shrimp, mine broiled, his stuffed. I tried both and could have gotten the same flavor at Long John Silvers. The final annoyance was the Landry’s card speech and why it’s such a great deal. After a meal like this I will not pay you more than I have to. I will not return for all the reasons above and because there are too many great local restaurants to waste time here again.
- Always good food & serviceJJ42VIPDined on 5/28/2014When you want good fish, this IS the place to go. I especially like the red snapper.Special Features:
- Noisy!GoldengirlDined on 5/27/2014It was so noisy we really couldn't converse! We almost walked out after we ordered but stayed and wished later we would have left. Food was so so. Will not be back.
- Good but not greatMsMVGVIPDined on 5/25/2014With so many seafood restaurant choices in town, this one was average. It was good food and service, but we probably won't be running back the next time we want fancy seafood. Also, we were sat at the bar when the restaurant was empty (so that was weird).
- The following 356 reviews are from the Willie G's - Post Oak reviews archive.
- kdogDined on 5/11/2014Good food and great service. A little pricey and noisy but overall, a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food and great service4WOTDined on 5/11/2014On Mother's Day with 899 other customers, WillieG's managed to provide us with excellent food and excellent service. With a party of 5 and noon reservations that could have been a disaster, instead the kitchen and staff pulled off a very nice double play by serving 5 different entrees, each at the right temp and all were excellent. My wife, the Mother in the group, was made to feel special and the servers were attentive and prompt and seemed to anticipate our every need. We absolutely enjoyed our meal and will continue to make Landry's restaurants our choice whenever available! Thanks.Special Features:
- bigmckDined on 5/10/2014The food is fair but I can get the same quality of food at other restaurants for half the price. I would not return.
- FantasticVeeyDined on 5/10/2014This place is outstanding! We hosted a dinner party to celebrate my brother's Law School Graduation. The food, service, attentiveness of the staff, and happy hour drinks were all wonderful. I would highly recommend this place for any celebration or for a nice dinner experience. We are from California and I am so glad to have had such a wonderful experience. All of our guests from the Houston area will definitely be back to Willie G's. They helped to make a special occasion even more fantastic!Special Features:
- Good Food and Friendly ServiceTomHDined on 5/6/2014The food was its usual excellence and the service prompt and friendly. The noise level was a bit louder than usual but I think it was a result of a lot of oil men in town for the Offshore Technology Conference.Special Features: