Willie G's - Post Oak
1605 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Willie G's - Post Oak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williegs.com/postOak/index.asp
- Phone: (713) 840-7190
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Parada
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Willie G's - Post Oak
Known for serving fresh seafood specialties and recognized nationally as one of the top upscale seafood restaurants, Willie G’s has established itself as the premier seafood house in the Houston Galleria area. If you're looking for the freshest Gulf seafood, succulent steaks and unsurpassed service, Willie G's is sure to deliver. Willie G's offers an all new chic and modern decor with gorgeous lighting and artwork against rich dark woods. Enjoy the wonderful new patio for outdoor drinks and appetizers or dining al fresco. The local business crowd flocks to the restaurant for a light lunch of freshly shucked oysters or a bowl of Willie G's famous seafood gumbo. In the evenings, wine aficionados enjoy perusing Willie G's extensive wine list to find the perfect pairing for their meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Willie G's - Post Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (15)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Syd StredithateditDined on 11/25/2014With the exception of initial contact with greeter everything else was a good experience! Food was better than expected from previous dining experiences with Landry's establishments. The greeting process should be reviewed because we stood @ front for a while prior to being addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for JamesSteakAficionadoVIPDined on 11/14/2014Went here to celebrate a birthday with friends and everything went smooth. James really knocked it out of the park with his service, as he usually does. The food was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingapgarciaDined on 11/14/2014Were willing to make accommodations for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014We had a semi large group of 7, had a great time, food and service was excellent. New wine list is much expanded with some nice selections. We're a regular for 2, and they did great for an expanded 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food AND serviceShackDined on 11/9/2014Our expectation of fine dining is great food - that's a given. However, it's the service that keeps patrons returning again and again. Sasson is the best server in town -- always friendly, efficient and remembers his patrons. We travel 20 miles one way just to eat at Willie G's.Special Features:
- Music and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014If you enjoy music with your food without the music overpowering your conversation you'll enjoy Moodafauka for Brunch at Willie G's. The eggs and crab cakes were wonderful. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningFalconDined on 11/3/2014Food was very good. Try the "oyster bar trash" for a light but tasty meal. Good wine list by the glass. Service was attentive. Slow down the waiter if you want a more leisurely pace for your meal. Good to see the restaurant is still going strong!Special Features:
- Great Food and Superb ServiceVincentDined on 11/2/2014Great place to go for "Sunday's after Church". Can accomdate a large party for a spur of the moment birthday party or other special occasion. Great menu selection which provides something for every "picky" or peculiar appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Hang Out...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014for a special event or for a romantic getaway. Great food and wine selection.Special Features:
- just OK!GQ4LIFEDined on 10/23/2014The food was Just Ok.The food was missing some seasoning, the meal we bland and did not have a much flavor. For the price I paid for my meal I could have gotten at Luby's. The service was good and consideration. The other concern I had is where I was seated in the restaurant. I did not like where I was seated.Special Features:
- Sharp, Chic, DeliciousOkieboatDined on 10/21/2014Willie G's is a great combination of enjoyable atmosphere and delicious food. The decor is appropriate for a mid-day or early evening business meeting, a romantic dinner for two, or a family gathering to celebrate a birthday. While the restaurant has many tables, and the atmosphere is energized, the overall ambience is subdued offering easy conversation levels for a business meal or an intimate conversation. Service is attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Worth a visithungryfoodieDined on 10/20/2014Worth a visit if you are in the Houston area. My favorite part of any menu is the appetizers and that is definitely true here. Entrees were good, but not worth going back for. But the appetizers, oysters and soups are definitely worth repeated visits.Special Features:
- Special eveningKackyDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed the food and service. Made to feel special while celebrating anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Great, only good this timedesignerjoy1VIPDined on 10/16/2014Our server wasn't really mindful of both of us being on our lunch hour, and took a long time to take our orders and come back to the table occasionally. The food was good, but the recipes seemed a little different and the etouffee was overly salty. I'll still go back, because I really like this place, and I'm chalking it up to a one time thing. Happy hour is always great, and I'll probably stick to that.Special Features:
- Service great!HappyVIPDined on 10/13/2014The service was fabulous! The food was good, too. The trout was cooked perfectly. The bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer was tasty but I never saw or tasted the jalapeno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchErwinVIPDined on 10/13/2014Always a good place to take a client. Service is a little slow, but the food is always goodSpecial Features:
- BigAlDined on 10/8/2014The food was OK, but a bit overpriced. Very noisy in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food and service was good just thought the shrimp cocktail was a little pricey for five shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014I have dined at Willie G's on several occasions both in Galveston and at the Post Oak location. This most recent visit was especially good! From the appetizer to a special wine selection, and a great meal with steak and snapper, everything was excellent. This was matched only by the very special and attentive, yet unobtrusive, service from our waiter! Great evening!Special Features:
- Service was slowOiler76Dined on 10/1/2014Service was slow and made for a very long meal. This restaurant has been a favorite for many years and the service and quality of the food this week was noticeable different.
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The waitress we had was extremely slow. We sat for 15 min before she took our order and waited 15-20 min to get our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchBizlunchDined on 9/30/2014Very efficient with service. Easy to have a one on one conversation. Food good. Not cheap but not outrageous for a major business district. Good to be able to book on a weekday when time is important.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was dinner on a special occasion. Food was good. Service was average at best. Waiter forgot some items that was suppose to be included with the meal. Definitely not what we expected from a Landry's establishment. Mishaps during our dining experience has changed my opinion of the overall caliber of the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special SundayOreoBitesDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed a delicious Bloody Mary at the bar while waiting for my blind date...our table was perfect for quiet conversation and secluded enough for laughter. We ordered the Zucchini and Onion Ring appetizer which was served hot and crispy. My entree was Fried Shrimp and his was Fried Shrimp and Catfish...both delicately crunchy and piping hot. The real treat that day was our server Joseph...a real gem. Water appeared before we could ask, iced tea magically arrived and his culinary opinions were spot on. My date frequents the restaurant...I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman...beautiful, pampered and very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AstonisheddiningcriticDined on 8/30/20141) Wine ordered by 1 of 2 men at dinner brought to 2nd man for approval & tasting 2) Bread not brought to table until after entree served 3) Vegetables served almost cold (3 of 3 who had vegetables). Vegetables returned & when re served were just moderately warm but took no further action 4) Fish 3 different types outstanding in preparation & freshness. 5)Service quite erraticSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service, 5 stars!SammyhtxDined on 8/30/2014My experience at Willie G's was an extremely pleasant one. Our server Clark was incredible. He was very attentive, social and seemed like a genuine person. He made sure we were enjoying our evening never forgetting to check on our table. The food was delcious and the merlot was amazing! I would recommend Willie G's to everyone and tell them to ask for Clark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1frequentdinerDined on 8/28/2014We have eaten here many, many times and our opinion is always the same. We love the food, but the noise level is awful! We were entertaining out of town family and it was VERY difficult to carry on a conversation without leaning half way across the table and constantly repeating ourselves. While we love the emery of Willie G's, it would be nice if there were a quieter section for those people who actually want to talk to one another!Special Features:
- Has gone downhillBigEaterVIPDined on 8/26/2014Has been a longstanding Houston favorite, and I have been coming here for over 30 years. This is probably my last time. Ordered the snapper Melissa. Meal was fresh but overlooked. Spinach was a flavorless lump of yuck. Fish, shrimp and scallops were all coated with a hard, greasy crust. Sat at a table with 6 others and everyone had the same problem with their respective dishes. Kitchen door was propped open so spent meal with unappetizing view and noise.
- Great food outstandingthetaxmanDined on 8/24/2014We came for restaurant week and this was a big hit. My steak was excellent and my wife had the red snapper very tasty. The gumbo was great for a restaurant and I am very picky about my gumbo. My wife felt it was maybe a little too salty but otherwise good and her green beans were cold but we had a party of 4 and everyone thought it was a big hit. I can't wait to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/23/2014This was a great find! At first when my 18 year old recommended this restaurant, I was a little apprehensive since she and a group of friends raved about it, but I must tell you that I was very impress with the food and the atmosphere. We were a party of 16, and our waitress was outstanding considering she only had been working at the Houston Post Oak Location for 3 weeks, and this was her big party. The gumbo was less than desirable but everything else was goodSpecial Features:
- Not a great experienceServermyselfDined on 8/20/2014The server kept forgetting about us it was my moms birthday so we wanted to try something new will not be going back food wasn't bad once we finally got our meal...
- TheresaDined on 8/20/2014The service and food are good. However, it is very loud in the restaurant and difficult to carry on conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our food, considering the amount of people, our service was pretty good BUT THE NOISE LEVEL WAS AWFUL. Maybe there should be carpeting in the bar. Although we were seated in a booth we had to lean over the table to hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for food and drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014No question Houston's Restaurant Week made it a better value for the meals on the select menu and there was No disappointment from that. It would be a place I will try again without the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!HillaryDined on 8/17/2014I tend to forget about Willie G's because I often go to McCormick & Schmicks's or Trulucks but Willie G's has really good food. Great selection, high quality and nice atmosphere. And I feel that the prices are reasonable for what you get. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday this past weekend and he really enjoyed it. He had the broiled seafood platter and I had the crab cake dinner. Both were great and we ended up taking half home. I'll definitely remember to return to Wilie G's on a more regular basis going forward.Special Features:
- BoudreauxDined on 8/12/2014Classic Houston seafood restaurant. Consistent, predictable. Good business meeting place for dinner.Special Features:
- Bad Food...Poor ServiceFoodLover81Dined on 8/2/2014I had the bar trash, lobster bisque and Snapper Melissa. All food was way too salty. Green beans were cold. Our waiter had an issue with spitting when he spoke and continually interrupted our tables conversations. My husband accidentally tipped the waiter twice (did not realize tip was already included because we were a large party) and the waiter said nothing. I am talking like getting a 150 tip instead of a 75 tip...crazy! I had to call back up there and get it fixed.
- portionsStruisvogelDined on 8/2/2014the lobster tail was great, the shrimp as well. service excellent. Just one remark! the portions are shrinking quite a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrahamDined on 8/2/2014The reception at the door was poor, the woman was not listening to ignored the fact that we had a reservation with request for a highchair for our son. The waiter was excellent an made up for the arrival shortcomings. The food was good, neither excellent nor poor and most certainly not worth the cost. There are other restaurants much closer to home serving similar food at much less cost, I don't think we will return.
- Service was lackingIllyGirlDined on 7/31/2014We were a party of 9 for a happy hour to wish a co-worker farewell. We ordered drinks and food and ran up a bill of nearly $500. Our waiter was slow and multiple times we waited more than 10 minutes for drink refills (some mixed drinks, but some beer). We just couldn't understand why it was taking so long. It got to the point that when he would brink our drinks, we would immediately order the next round because of how long it was taking. He had multiple tables and I think he was just overwhelmed. He was very nice an personable, but was an older gentleman. He may have been better suited to work the main dining room and not the bar which is much more hopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 374 reviews are from the Willie G's - Post Oak reviews archive.