Willie G's - Denver
1585 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Willie G's - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williegs.com/denver/index.asp
- Phone: 3035759000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Meier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Willie G's - Denver
Known for serving fresh seafood specialties & recognized nationally as one of the top upscale seafood restaurants, Willie G’s is situated right on the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver, in close proximity to the Performing Arts Complex, Convention Center & Pepsi Center. The extensive menu boasts such time-honored favorites as Oysters Rockefeller, Blackened Snapper Kathleen, Crab Cakes & the ultimate Fried or Broiled Seafood Platters. Willie G’s is also celebrated for perfectly prepared, tender & juicy steaks served in our signature style. Willie G’s offers a distinguished yet comfortable dining experience. Guests dine in a handsome atmosphere of rich, dark woods & granite, adorned with beautiful artwork & décor. For lunch or dinner, Willie G’s upscale cuisine, elegant atmosphere & superior service are always made to order. Join us for Happy Hour & $1 oysters or $4.50 for 1/2 doz and $9.00 for doz. Monday through Friday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Willie G's - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Willie G's - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (21)good for groups (20)notable wine list (19)hot spot (13)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great experienceRLF1Dined on 7/18/2014Great drinks and great food. Was a little to loud but will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillieGwineryDined on 7/17/2014I do not know who Willie is, but the food was excellent! I would have liked to see a history on the back cover of the menu to find out who Willie is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and Great ServiceAreyoukiddingmeDined on 7/11/2014Went on a Friday night and the place was busy. Did not have to wait for our table. The waiter was attentive but did not try to rush us along. We had one of the red snapper dishes and the artic char- both were excellent! The oysters on the half shell were very good also. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Attentive, alluring, and amazing!great2dineDined on 7/4/2014For celebrating a birthday or any occasion, Willie G's delivered on all accounts. The food was delicious down to every bite. There could have been a bit more time between the appetizers and entrees but didn't hinder the enjoyment of the meal in anyway. The beverages were specialty drinks for the Independence Day weekend and a bit strong according to those enjoying the beverages. The restaurant provided a special dessert for the birthday honoree which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Service and food are poor.hb1511Dined on 7/3/2014The restaurant has a nice location and ambience but the food and service are poor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014Good seafood at very reasonable prices. 14 dollars for a dozen oysters is a real find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great!10actyVIPDined on 7/1/2014My cousin has been going to Willie G's for years. Every time he flies in from New York, he eats here and tells me all about it. I just moved here last year and decided to take a friend (Colorado native) for her birthday because she has dined here. We had a fabulous evening - dinner, drinks and dessert were all fabulous. Our server was magnificent! We're already planning to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good servicebluebirdDined on 6/29/2014our server was fantastic & friendly and our water glasses were never more than 1/2 empty. Food was great as well.Special Features:
- Willie G'sLalaDined on 6/28/2014Our Anniversary dinner was wonderful. We arrived about 30 minutes early for our reservation but decided to have a drink at the bar, even though our table was ready. Our bar tender was very knowledgeable about wine and gave me a great recommendation. The staff was so accommodating. We were treated like "A listers". Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willie G'sJohn21221Dined on 6/27/2014The staff is very attentive and friendly. They made sure that everything was as expected and quickly corrected the issue with an over cooked filet that had been ordered as medium. The salmon was a wonderful meal. We went in the early evening with a 5:30 reservation and there really wasn't much of a crowd at that time. Business was picking up by the time we finisher the meal. It was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014I wish someone woud have told us about this place before I made reservations for a special occasion while in Denver. The gumbo was AWFUL! The service was decent (nothing to run home about), but overall the food left lots to the imagination. I wasn't impressed :(
- 1st Time Diner HereDHughesJrDined on 6/20/2014Overall pretty good experience. Food was excellent and affordable. Our server was good, disappeared for a cigarette break during dinner but was fairly attentive. The noise level was unexpected, we were yelling across the table at each other, which was a little annoying. We would try it again.Special Features:
- Great MenubcerkDined on 6/17/2014I was extremely impressed with the price for what you get here. Red Snapper with lump crab meat, scallop and shrimp for $29 is pretty tremendous, and it was cooked perfectly. Everyone else raved about their dishes as well. If you're looking for high-end dining without some of the insane prices the competition is charging now, head here.Special Features:
- not worth a visitdontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 6/12/2014We have a Landry membership and it is not worth the hassle, the manager didn't even give us our point for our 2 meals.
- Nice new discovery for seafoodFoodaholicDined on 6/7/2014I am from Florida and always looking for good seafood. We had a great time here, liked the food and our server Aaron was very good. I usually avoid Lodo but I'd return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a "business lunch"Happy2BhereDined on 6/5/2014Food is great, service great, staff is not in a hurry to move you along, and quiet enough to have an easily audible discussion but busy enough not to have your discussion broadcast to other diners. And, the Seafood Trio Salad is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuggerDined on 6/5/2014Highly recommend Willie G's for business lunch, large or small groups.Special Features:
- Don't eat hereNotImpressedDined on 6/4/2014The mussels were dirty and cold. We were also given a very dirty steak knife that we had to send back for a clean one. Overall, this is like a "Chili's" that is trying to appear like a nice steakhouse. It was not what we were expecting given that they promote themselves as a nice dining experience. When we complained, instead of given us a discount for what we already ordered, they gave us a free dessert. I didn't really want dessert because I was grossed out by the overall experience, so I would have appreciated a discount. I will never go back.
- pjfreitagDined on 6/1/2014This was our first time to the restaurant and our first impression was not positive. We had an early dinner reservation and there were few diners. After bringing us water, our server "disappeared." The maitre d'hotel, James, stopped by our table to see how we were doing and I told him that we hadn't seen the waiter in ten minutes. He immediately dispatched another server who was great. James stopped by periodically to check on us and personally delivered a complimentary creme brulee for dessert. Our appetizers were wonderful. The chopped salad was excellent as was the shrimp cocktail. The prime rib was a great cut of beef and very well prepared. The salmon, on the other hend was ordered medium rare and was, sadly, overcooked.
- Love This Place!CatherineVIPDined on 5/31/2014Right in the heart of the action in Denver...Restaurant has the most friendly staff members, great, great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceCoopDined on 5/28/2014We had concert tickets and Chris was spot on. He kept the meal moving without any pressure. Great location. Very good food.Special Features:
- not impressedeetsDined on 5/25/2014The double hennesy we ordered was not a double. They ran out of oysters. The fried shrimp was mediocre. We were there for a romantic dinner and special occasion was placed in an area with other people and families when the restaurant was not busy and had plenty of open tables. I won't be returning. I was disappointed.
- wonderfulbebes86Dined on 5/24/2014The food was great and the service was amazing. I would definitely go back and will tell friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Ambiance and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Their chef if "tops". Always enjoy our visits. Great ambiance. Medium noise level to quiet, which is what I prefer, so I can hear my guests speaking. Nice wine menu.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnertb16thstreeterDined on 5/17/2014This was first time to Willie G's. We could not have asked for better experience. The down side was that the service was slow. I don't know where the problem was, but with that said the waiters were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcome to Denver!LeominsterVIPDined on 5/16/2014We were greeted very warmly. Service was excellent. Very attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014The service we received from everyone was quick, personable, professional, and timely. A great balance of attentiveness and making themselves scarce. The food was exquisite with appropriate portions and ample menu choices and a few daily specials. I would dine here again without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!M2M2VIPDined on 5/16/2014Awesome service and good food! We love eating at Willie G's before we hit the theater! As always, the hostess greeted us warmly and our waiter, Andrew, was the best wait staff we have ever had in any restaurant and provided excellent recommendations! The assistant, Luis, was wonderful in keeping our table cleared and glasses filled. Best service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - OK foodRickGDined on 5/11/2014The service here was the worst I had ever had. I ordered Fish and Chips, I recommend you go to Red Robbin instead for it. They plopped some skinny fries on a plate and four cubes of over breaded fish that really was not that good. The wife ordered End Cut Prime Rib Medium heat and tote a medium Rare middle cut with huge Fat chunks with not very tasty mashed potatoes. This used to be a great place. Go somewhere else if you want a good experience and good food!Special Features:
- Nice, but...CoolheatVIPDined on 5/10/2014We like Willie's because of the location and ambience; it can be crowded, but you can still carry on a conversation. Service is consistently very good. The food can be up and down. Clam Chowder was served almost cold (it was quickly replaced and we did receive a complimentary dessert). Sausage gumbo was quite flavorful, but a bit salty. Burger was made with quality beef, but flavor was pretty nondescript. Char was the best item of the evening. Nicely prepared with a lobster sauce and cooked just to the right doneness. Prime Rib bruschetta was tasty. Sea Bass bites were great!
- Wonderful Food and Attentive StaffBigJerDined on 5/2/2014I visited Willie G's in Austin earlier in the week and really enjoyed it. When I came back to Denver, I decided I would try the Willie G's here for my anniversary. First thing I noticed that was different was the Menu Choices. This was to be expected considering the different locations in the country. Even though some of the items I enjoyed in Austin were not available in Denver, there was still a wonderful selection to choose from. I was a bit disappointed in the craft beer selection that was available, but I guess that is because I have had most of the ones local to Denver since I live here. Appetizer, Meal, and Dessert were absolutely wonderful. My steak was once again cooked to perfection and the snapper my wife had was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceLadyDiverDined on 5/2/2014We took friends out as a thank you for helping us. We had been to Willie G's many times, but it was a first for them. Our waiter, Aaron, was fabulous. He gave great recommendations and explained the dishes in great detail. 3 out of 4 steaks were cooked perfectly. The fourth was cooked more than requested but not to where it wasn't good. Both fish dishes, an Atlantic Char and Red Snapper, wee perfect. The BEST appetizer is the crab cakes! Don't skip those! Willie G's has the best Key Lime Pie to end a great night. The only drawback was the cost of my husband's neat Scotch....$32!!!! The other alcohol was on par but the Scotch was ridiculous!Special Features:
- Great Business DiningBusinessDiningDined on 4/27/2014We needed a restaurant that provided great food for a business meeting and we were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...MjgdDined on 4/26/2014After dining at the Willie G's in Houston several times, we were very disappointed in the ambiance and service level at this location. Our entrees were very good, (Snapper); however the warm dessert we ordered was cold -- sent it back and came back cold again. Manager was courteous and took it off our bill. Overall, just didn't live up to the "fine dining" feel of their Houston location.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Sea Bass bites and clam chowder were outstanding. A great restaurant choice if you are looking for great seafood.Special Features:
- Nice experiencerogerDined on 4/26/2014The food was very good (not great) and the service was excellent. Everyone in our group of four was satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu needs more descriptionlove2eatDined on 4/26/2014First time at this restaurant. Arrived right when it opened. Great service. Never once had to request a drink refill or for dirty plates to be removed. Downfall is the lack of description on the menu items. I ordered a house salad which contained a large amount of onions that were not listed on the description. I hate onions. My date ordered a burger which ended up coming with a good amount of cheese. Too bad cheese was not listed as an ingredient on the burger and he can't eat cheese. The food we did order that came as described was great. A little on the pricey side as well. Overall a decent place. Just need to ask the waiter more details about the food I'm ordering next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family diinerjemz6123Dined on 4/22/2014We were visiting family and Willie Gs was recommended. We had a fabulous meal- halibut, shrimp, appetizers were Beef on a toasted bread. It was all very delicious!! we will visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!TheatreFanVIPDined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed another great meal at Willie G's after attending the Auto Show at the Convention Center. The simply prepared salmon is consistently awesome! Waitstaff and management were almost too attentive on this visit; came back to the table constantly. A little loud (apparently this is a favorite spot for Ladies that drink while they lunch), but not intolerable.Special Features:
- We'll Be Back SoonFoodieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Had the crusted salmon and the shrimp fresca with a salad and the sea bass nugget appetizer. Everything was top-notch. This is our second visit and we are looking forward to returning.Special Features: