Willie G's - Denver
1585 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Willie G's - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.williegs.com/denver/index.asp
- Phone: 3035759000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Meier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Willie G's - Denver
Known for serving fresh seafood specialties & recognized nationally as one of the top upscale seafood restaurants, Willie G’s is situated right on the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver, in close proximity to the Performing Arts Complex, Convention Center & Pepsi Center. The extensive menu boasts such time-honored favorites as Oysters Rockefeller, Blackened Snapper Kathleen, Crab Cakes & the ultimate Fried or Broiled Seafood Platters. Willie G’s is also celebrated for perfectly prepared, tender & juicy steaks served in our signature style. Willie G’s offers a distinguished yet comfortable dining experience. Guests dine in a handsome atmosphere of rich, dark woods & granite, adorned with beautiful artwork & décor. For lunch or dinner, Willie G’s upscale cuisine, elegant atmosphere & superior service are always made to order. Join us for Happy Hour & $1 oysters or $4.50 for 1/2 doz and $9.00 for doz. Monday through Friday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Willie G's - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Willie G's - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (19)romantic (15)hot spot (14)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never disappointsSazarac89Dined on 9/12/2014I always make a point to have dinner at Willie G's when in Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annoying, booming musicSuzieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Music system badly tuned. Asked to fix or turn down. Refused.
- Susan1234Dined on 8/26/2014Decided to try the restaurant during restaurant week. Was a very pleasant experience and would definitely go back. Food and service were both great!Special Features:
- Good food, fun atmosphereSteakguyDined on 8/16/2014Took my fiancé there for her 30th bday. The food was very good, the only thing I was not a fan of was the time between courses, it was about 20 minutes between every course including dessert. If you are crunched on time this is not the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Went there for our wedding anniversary. Took a while to get one drink then had to wait longer for the appetizer. Meal showed up way too soon after the appetizer. Ordered something to go and we were still waiting for it 15 minutes after we paid the check. The manager did comp us the drinks, the appetizer and the to-go order, but that still wasn't enough to make us want to go back there.
- Willie G's is GreatSamiDined on 8/16/2014I've always had great food here. I ordered the stuffed shrimp and my friends ordered the scallops and a snapper with shrimp. Everything was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Consistently good foodPowerLunchDined on 8/14/2014I went for a business lunch. Had the seafood trio salad and it was great! The service was very attentive without being obtrusive. I'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginal at bestRestaurantCritic1Dined on 8/13/2014I showed up with a group of colleagues and every single one of us had an awful experience. The female hostess acted lost and when she got her manager he was absolutely rude. The servers were upset that we had to have separate checks on 4 top tables. The food took over an hour to come out of the kitchen and we waited 45 minutes before the server asked us for our orders. The bar was very fast with the drinks. The food came out and people who ordered steaks had them prepared to the wrong temperature and sent them back to be cooked longer. Others just ate what they had because it was over cooked. The scallop plate was a waste of money with four scallops. I had eaten on the patio the night before and the atmosphere was nice with music.Special Features:
- Service Set Back At Willie GsReviewsSteve290Dined on 8/13/2014Willie G's has been a "touchstone" place to go for several years for us. This past week they suffered a severe set back in level of Service. I hope this is just temporary. We were seated right away, but it was well over an hour before we received our food. Several items were not delivered, and there were charges on the tab for items we did not order, nor receive. Rest of guests there were suffering as well, on group walked out. Sincerely hope that this was just a one time anomaly.
- gungulaDined on 8/8/2014We arrived ontime, and were given a choice of Happy Hour seating or dining room, but had to ask for an explantion of the difference. The hostess seemed bored and a bit indifferent. However, once we were seated, Nic and the rest of the staff were very attenitive. My husband's steak was very tender, and the spinach salald with salmon was delicious. This was our second visit, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, fun PlacePeanutandAngelDined on 8/5/2014Went to Willie G's for the first time, Prime rib was Awesome. Shrimp dish was good -- Overall good. I would go again. Service was good, out of Kids Items ?? and Cheese Cake though :( The atmosphere was great fun, Patio to people watch, music was great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ford was unique and amazing!YummyDined on 8/5/2014There were 4 of us and we all a different fish item. They were a Esther ally pleasing and cooked perfectly. When in Denver, we would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service Bland FoodReneeVIPDined on 8/1/2014I ordered the filet and was greatly disappointed. When paying $28 for a steak, I expect it to be an awesome thick quality cut of meat. The steak I received was barely half an inch thick and had no seasonings on it. The veggies that accompanied it were overcooked and soggy and the mashed potatoes were bland. The service at this place was incredible and our server was such a sweetheart. We did not want to complain because everyone was so attentive! However, the tables around us stayed dirty much too long after other guests left. I really expected more from this place and was sadly very disappointed.
- Less than expectedslc16Dined on 8/1/2014Went for a birthday. My reservation was for 5 people but they only expected us to be a group of 4 so we waited while they pulled tables together. They were in front of the kitchen; we had views of the dishwasher and bright kitchen lights all night. The waitstaff dropped and broke dishes 5 times during the course of the evening. Loud crashes on top of the loud noise level made conversation nearly impossible. The food was good but the seafood selection was more limited than I expected and the prices were somewhat overpriced. I did mention in my reservation that one of the diners was celebrating her birthday and they brought her a creme brule. It was the best I had ever tasted. The hard sell to join the Landry's rewards club was off-putting.
- Oysters....BradVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good food, service and ambiance but made a mistake in characterizing where there oysters were from. There is a difference between Chesapeake and West Coast oysters that some customers can tell. I was told that the oysters were from Chesapeake Bay and they were clearly not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OystersBradVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have said my piece previously.........................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit Pricey for the portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Overall a quaint atmosphere, but the food taste was average and the price was high for the portion size. I ordered the Crispy Salmon and received a very small serving on a small portion of Lentils. The fish was a little dry and I was still hungry after eating my small serving. The server and overall service was fantastic. Our server was very personable and attentive and the wait staff was extremely prompt in refilling our water, without us ever having to ask.Special Features:
- Always My FavoriteNeedfoodDined on 7/25/2014Every visit to Denver involves dinner at Willie G's. After a long day of traveling this was a late night visit where I enjoyed two great appetizers as my meal. The Prime Rib Bruschetta (excellent) and the Seafood Trash (very good & unique). This with a couple of bourbons and excellent service made for a great evening.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTonyGDined on 7/25/2014Had a great birthday dinner. Service and food were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood and SteakJhill1515VIPDined on 7/23/2014I had dinner here with a coworker while in Denver for work. They had a 50% wine Wednesday thing going on, which was pretty cool, so we got a $80 bottle for $40. Started with some oysters which were very reasonably priced and delicious. I ordered salmon covered with crab and lobster and my coworker got a steak. Both were prepared perfectly and were amazing. I found out there are more locations in Texas so I look forward to going to a Willie G's again soon.Special Features:
- Loved WG's!DENdiningdivaDined on 7/22/2014Table of four, outstanding service, fresh food! Well worth the $$$$ I doubt I would take small children due to location & menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willie GsNoulisVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a reservation for three. When the waiter tried to take away two of the place settings, we told him our reservation was for three and my husband was parking the car and to bring us another menu. The noise was not energetic, it was LOUD, Our oysters were superb but came with no crackers. When we asked why, the waiter blamed the serving staff. It was his job to ensure the order was complete. We had asked for and had to wait for bread. My daughter and I ordered trout and my husband something else. Our order was taken and about the time we should have gotten our meal, the waiter informed us they were out of trout. That is something he should have known when we ordered. This restaurant gets a thumbs down.
- Great experienceRLF1Dined on 7/18/2014Great drinks and great food. Was a little to loud but will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional GemNewOrleansNativeDined on 7/18/2014Willie G's is the way ALL restaurants should be run and managed. The food was exceptional - the service was professional and courteous (great waiter), and the management always made sure that we (party of four) were satisfied and content - with EVERYTHING! During our visit, the waiter misunderstood one of the orders and brought the wrong dish, this was IMMEDIATELY fixed - and the cost of the correct dish was not on the bill - as a courtesy by the manager who apologized for the mix up. What better way to have a dinner when the waiter and manager actually care about your satisfaction - geez what a concept. More restaurants would stay open if they provide GREAT food AND service rather than worry about the "bottom line"Special Features:
- WillieGwineryDined on 7/17/2014I do not know who Willie is, but the food was excellent! I would have liked to see a history on the back cover of the menu to find out who Willie is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and Great ServiceAreyoukiddingmeDined on 7/11/2014Went on a Friday night and the place was busy. Did not have to wait for our table. The waiter was attentive but did not try to rush us along. We had one of the red snapper dishes and the artic char- both were excellent! The oysters on the half shell were very good also. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Attentive, alluring, and amazing!great2dineDined on 7/4/2014For celebrating a birthday or any occasion, Willie G's delivered on all accounts. The food was delicious down to every bite. There could have been a bit more time between the appetizers and entrees but didn't hinder the enjoyment of the meal in anyway. The beverages were specialty drinks for the Independence Day weekend and a bit strong according to those enjoying the beverages. The restaurant provided a special dessert for the birthday honoree which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Service and food are poor.hb1511Dined on 7/3/2014The restaurant has a nice location and ambience but the food and service are poor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014Good seafood at very reasonable prices. 14 dollars for a dozen oysters is a real find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great!10actyVIPDined on 7/1/2014My cousin has been going to Willie G's for years. Every time he flies in from New York, he eats here and tells me all about it. I just moved here last year and decided to take a friend (Colorado native) for her birthday because she has dined here. We had a fabulous evening - dinner, drinks and dessert were all fabulous. Our server was magnificent! We're already planning to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good servicebluebirdDined on 6/29/2014our server was fantastic & friendly and our water glasses were never more than 1/2 empty. Food was great as well.Special Features:
- Willie G'sLalaDined on 6/28/2014Our Anniversary dinner was wonderful. We arrived about 30 minutes early for our reservation but decided to have a drink at the bar, even though our table was ready. Our bar tender was very knowledgeable about wine and gave me a great recommendation. The staff was so accommodating. We were treated like "A listers". Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willie G'sJohn21221Dined on 6/27/2014The staff is very attentive and friendly. They made sure that everything was as expected and quickly corrected the issue with an over cooked filet that had been ordered as medium. The salmon was a wonderful meal. We went in the early evening with a 5:30 reservation and there really wasn't much of a crowd at that time. Business was picking up by the time we finisher the meal. It was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014I wish someone woud have told us about this place before I made reservations for a special occasion while in Denver. The gumbo was AWFUL! The service was decent (nothing to run home about), but overall the food left lots to the imagination. I wasn't impressed :(
- 1st Time Diner HereDHughesJrDined on 6/20/2014Overall pretty good experience. Food was excellent and affordable. Our server was good, disappeared for a cigarette break during dinner but was fairly attentive. The noise level was unexpected, we were yelling across the table at each other, which was a little annoying. We would try it again.Special Features:
- Great MenubcerkDined on 6/17/2014I was extremely impressed with the price for what you get here. Red Snapper with lump crab meat, scallop and shrimp for $29 is pretty tremendous, and it was cooked perfectly. Everyone else raved about their dishes as well. If you're looking for high-end dining without some of the insane prices the competition is charging now, head here.Special Features:
- not worth a visitdontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 6/12/2014We have a Landry membership and it is not worth the hassle, the manager didn't even give us our point for our 2 meals.
- Nice new discovery for seafoodFoodaholicDined on 6/7/2014I am from Florida and always looking for good seafood. We had a great time here, liked the food and our server Aaron was very good. I usually avoid Lodo but I'd return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a "business lunch"Happy2BhereDined on 6/5/2014Food is great, service great, staff is not in a hurry to move you along, and quiet enough to have an easily audible discussion but busy enough not to have your discussion broadcast to other diners. And, the Seafood Trio Salad is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuggerDined on 6/5/2014Highly recommend Willie G's for business lunch, large or small groups.Special Features: