William Tell Restaurant - Countryside
6201 Joliet Rd
Countryside, IL 60525Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
William Tell Restaurant - Countryside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.holidayinnwilliamtell.com/dining
- Phone: (708) 352-1101
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 10:00am;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Francisco Lopez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room off the main dining room seats up to 16. We also offer private dining between 35 to 350 people in our world class banquet facility.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Office 7083521101x
A word from William Tell Restaurant - Countryside
Established in 1952, the William Tell Restaurant quickly became a landmark place to dine in the Western Suburbs. We were renown for our elegant dining room, old world charm and European style menu. In 2005, the restaurant was completely remodeled and the menus totally redone. Now the new William Tell still maintains the flavor of its old world charm, but offers a slightly more casual elegance. With the new menu, our customers will find a mixture of old masterpieces and some new classic and modern offerings. As always, great hospitality, superb cuisine and wonderful ambience will insure that you have a fantastic dining experience here at the William Tell.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
William Tell Restaurant - Countryside reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Sunday champagne brunchearlybirdsDined on 8/17/2014While a pianist plays, the waitress keeps your orange juice and/or champagne glass full. For traditional breakfast, you can choose omelets or waffles made to order. There are too many choices to try everything in one visit: this time, included were lamb chops, potatoes and gravy, shrimp scampi, beef gorgonzola, cheese blintzes, eggs benedict, bacon, sausage, french toast, polish sausage, pierogi, cold shrimp and Alaskan crab legs, prime rib at the carving station, plus salad selections, fresh fruits, and desserts. It is pricey (figure on $50 per person, with tax and tip) but nice for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT OPEN!!!HoyrosVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were looking for a late dinner on a Wednesday night...found William Tell on Open Table and made reservation...drove 6 miles only to find restaurant closed. VERY DISAPPOINTED! By then it was too late to find anything open. Restaurants should not take reservations if closed for the evening.Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the William Tell Restaurant - Countryside reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We went there for our 40th wedding anniversary and had a spectacular time. Our waitress was the absolute BEST! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchjadieterDined on 5/11/2014This was a great brunch - the salad selection was awesome. The food was very good and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Special Occasion SpotDanielDined on 3/15/2014When we arrived at 6PM on a Sat night we were one of two groups in the place. It later filled up and was full by 8PM. However, the area was not noisy. Our waitress was courteous and accommodating and attentive without being pushy. She caught that this was a birthday celebration and a candle and cake was provided for the celebrant at dessert time. I was impressed with her!. The food was very good. The entire group had steak - filet, prime rib(2), ribs, and new York strip. All prepared as ordered. However, there was a very extensive menu - not just steak. Atmosphere is formal and prices are a little higher and that's why I say this is more of a special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Sunday BrunchLeanneDined on 2/23/2014I try to get to this brunch at least once every couple of months...the ever flowing champagne, king crab and prime rib are worth the price. The other food is usually a bit dry/overcooked, but when it sits in a steam table that is bound to happen. If your going to pay the money this is as good a place as any. The service is always phenomenal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerluv2eatDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I came here for the valentines dinner special. The food was excellent and made to perfection. The ambiance is pleasant. The service was a tad bit slow but this could of been because they were busy for the holiday. We have eaten here several times in the past and have always had excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not open for lunchmabelscVIPDined on 2/5/2014Technically lunch is served next door at Stanley's Lounge with William Tell's menu. Both are inside Holiday Inn. Nice decor and atmosphere. Food is adequate but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner placeBarbaraDined on 1/18/2014We went here for a friend's birthday. The wait staff was outstanding, with excellent service. The menu had a great variety of dinner choices, which included a very large salad as a first course. We both had the tilapia, which was perfect, and served with a choice of potatoes or rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeshermapDined on 12/29/2013Good brunch food, nice variety of dishes, great service. Terrific ovferall!Special Features:
- Christmas BrunchMLDChristmasDined on 12/25/2013It was great to go out for a special Christmas Brunch. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was extremely nice. The crab legs were exceptional, the problem was there were no crab crackers to open the legs and unfortunately I have punctures on my fingers still healing. Also I did get the end of a prime rib and after going back to the table saw a fresh one being put out. My husband said to get another piece but I did not want to waste the piece I had. My daughter was looking forward to an omelet or fresh waffles being made which there was neither. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day Dinner for TwoJeffDined on 12/25/2013The William Tell Restaurant is a great place to relax and enjoy a wonderful buffet meal on Christmas Day. Family gatherings can be stressful. The William Tell Restaurant provided the break we both needed. The price was worth it as the staff was friendly and very helpful along with the great selection of food. We plan on dining there again and have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Christmas brunchMicheleKVIPDined on 12/25/2013Went for Christmas brunch - very extensive spread with lots of good options. Food and service were very good - they made you feel like they really cared that you were dining with them. Would definitely go back, but more likely for special occassions, as the price is a bit on the high end (but understandable based on the options, including very good shrimp & crab legs).Special Features:
- Great serviceCalkDined on 12/24/2013We were one of 2 tables on Christmas Eve ! Surprised us , but the food and service made it a nice evening.Special Features:
- Love this Sunday Brunch!!!LeanneDined on 12/1/2013Love this Sunday Brunch!!! Go hungry...crab legs and prime rib never disappoint!!!!Special Features:
- Ashley was the greatest. ShePersonVIPDined on 11/29/2013Ashley was the greatest. She suggested the specials and the menu highlights. I liked she spoke highly of her manager, Sarka. Great place to be and great food. Neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving ExcellencePatSuzyDined on 11/28/2013I was very surpised that William Tell Restaurant exceeded my expectations on every level. From the very well prepared food, excellent presentation and pleasant staff, my Thanksgiving became one to remember and one I'd like to repeat.Special Features:
- send staff to charm schoolehhhhhhDined on 11/23/2013Food was actually quite good. Our waitress, however, was another story. I understand it's Countryside, not exactly the most upscale area, but for an $80+ meal for two, I expected a just a little bit of class. The bus boy who filled up our water had better social graces! Never got the girl's name, but she was loud, and quite rough around the edges. She was tolerable until the point of when my husband had another helping of the "all you can eat" prime rib and she rudely exclaimed "DAAANG! YOU WANT MORE?" It was unclassy, and ironic since SHE had offered us the very same special of the day. Afterwards, it took her several minutes to calculate the bill, which was incorrect. She even failed to give me an itemized receipt showing the purchase.
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013I would highly recommend William Tell Restaurant. Having been eating there since I was a child, I can say that this is both a kid friendly yet quiet, conversation accommodating, restaurant. The service, food, and drinks were excellent, just as I remembered them, and that goes from salad to Prime Rib and Salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and excellent foodPersonVIPDined on 10/30/2013Smilja was the best server we have ever had, the food and wine were superb, and Sarka was the best. Cheers to the owners for making this the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally TerrificLaatzFamilyDined on 9/26/2013Very relaxed and attentive atmosphere. Honestly a true gem of a restaurant for a quiet romantic evening ad in our case a family relaxing atmosphere. No words can describe how awesome our experience was. From the service to the food. EXCEPTIONAL. You have a terrific chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks like this old favorite diedPersonVIPDined on 9/17/2013Ashley was great, as our hostess, but the food quality is like being a different place. It was empty dead and no life. It must be going out of business.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed with the FoodTooExpensivefortheFoodDined on 9/16/2013My family and I have been going to William Tell for more than 20 years. We have not been there for many years. On my mothers birthday this year she wanted to return to William Tell. The restaurant still has a wonderful staff and the look of the restaurant is still gorgeous. We had a problem with the food, for the price we were charged I was very surprised by the quality, taste and the amount of food available. I know times are hard for everyone including hotel and restaurant industry, but the $39.95 charge for the buffet was outrageous. The food did not taste well and there was worth the price charged. My favorite dish was the mashed potatoes and gravy. That is sad to say but true. I am very disappointed in my mothers b-day dinner.
- Yummy brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2013Great food, friendly people, great wait staff.. Only downfall is sometimes depending on where you sit, piano player sounds a little loud Not a big brunch, but something for everyone, including raw oysters!! . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation ProblemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013I made reservations for four on Sunday at 12:30PM through Open Table. Several days before Mother's Day, I received a call from the restaurant saying that my reservation was at 1:00PM, not 12:30PM. When I told her that I had a confirmation from Open Table for 12:30, she told me that: first, they only take reservations on the hour; and, secondly, they don't honor them from Open Table. We went at 1:00PM. Finally, they were making everyone walk the entire length of the hall (almost out of the building at the other end) to check-in. It was difficult for the elderly, and those of us confined to walkers. Overall, the reservation problems detracted mightily from the overall experience. Fortunately for them, the quality of the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Armando was great, food fantastic,PersonVIPDined on 5/3/2013Armando was great, food fantastic, best in the Western Suburbs for steals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EntertainmenttvnurseVIPDined on 4/20/2013The Vito Zatto Show was fabulous. Laughed for hours.Special Features:
- We were quite disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013We were quite disapointed when we were seated at a table that was incredibly drafty. The tables were so close to a door to the outside that was open non-stop. It was the same table that we had to ask to be moved from last year. It would have been miserable if we wouldn't of asked to be moved. The food was very good but the ambience wasn't there. It was to crowded to enjoy, It has become such a popular brunch destination on the holidays that it was a very uncomfortable experience. You had to wait 10 minutes in line for hot plates that came right from the dishwasher. Our table was in the corner and was still very drafty but at least there wasn't a door to the outside 15 feet away. It just wasn't a very pleasant experience for the money spent.
- I had my wedding at the WilliamOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013I had my wedding at the William Tell and loved it. The easter brunch was awful though! Poor food quality, terrible service...i am really surprised because my family and I love the William Tell and this was not our usual experience.Special Features:
- Sunday has never been so good!JandBVIPDined on 3/24/2013We went to Sunday Brunch on Palm Sunday not knowing anything about their brunch. Wow were we surprised! The selection of food was non-stop; king crab legs, smoked salmon, oysters, lamb chops in wild rice, prime rib cut to order, omelets made to order, pastries, fresh fruit and so much more. The champagne and orange juice kept flowing from the ever attendant servers. The live piano music was a plus.Special Features:
- It was very good service andJBachDined on 2/15/2013It was very good service and food. It's just a little pricey especially the drinks.Special Features:
- Great Entertainment and FoodtvnurseVIPDined on 2/9/2013Great options of food. Prime rib and house salad are delicious...Blackened Salmon great and not too spicy, veal was fine....Entertainment in the lounge where you can also eat is Johnny Gabor trio with singer Connie Marshall and great entertainment..Special Features:
- First time and we loved it!ChiGuyVIPDined on 2/9/2013First time and we loved it! Definitely caters to an older group...which is perfec for us. It was an old fashioned place with good old fashioned great service! We will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- Great service from Mark McDougall!!PersonVIPDined on 1/16/2013Great service from Mark McDougall!!! The bartender was amazing in the lounge-had a group of VIP and with Sarka treated us as Kings. It was the best!!!Special Features:
- Food, EntertainmenttvnurseVIPDined on 1/5/2013Menu has a great variety and there is entertainment in the bar.Special Features:
- Terrible extremely expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Terrible extremely expensive Christmas brunch. Would have been better off at a neighborhood breakfast spot. Even the coffee was unimpressive. Food flavorless. Staff inattentive. Huge mistake to go there. There are much better places that cost less even in downtown hotels. Don't waste your money for watered down coffee and tasteless food, much better going to Tony's in Brookfield at least the food, coffee, and staff are great.
- We went on Christmas eve andCiceroRickDined on 12/24/2012We went on Christmas eve and were glad to find the restaurant open and serving the full menu. Service was outstanding and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- We were rushed to order andPersonVIPDined on 12/22/2012We were rushed to order and felt pressured to order-the waiter was gruff, didn't offer specials just stood there like an order taker, very disappointing
- Food is excellent every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2012Food is excellent every time we've gone, and the wait staff and management knock themselves out insuring we are happy. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- 3 positives blended togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/20123 positives blended together made for a delightful experience: - Staff who went above & beyond to successfully handle a special pre-meal floral delivery to the table. - A waiter who was a seasoned professional and truly understood the art of exceptional service(timing is everything). - Wide variety of menu choices and well-prepared food. While this is a well-known "institution" to locals, it was nice to find the same reputation from years ago remains today.Special Features: