William Douglas Steakhouse - Cherry Hill
941 Haddonfield Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
William Douglas Steakhouse - Cherry Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.williamdouglassteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8566656100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Stewart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Featuring our beautiful private dining with seating up to 120. Warm mahogany woods, modern lighting, large and airy windows and a private outdoor patio await your guests!
- Private Party Facilities: As Guests pass through the turnstile doors of the William Douglas Steakhouse they delight in the charm and glamour of the past. The comfortable setting and equestrian décor bring to mind the thoroughbreds of the race track’s heyday.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8888223731
- Entertainment: Live Jazz music in the bar Thursday 6-9 Friday and Saturday 7-10
A word from William Douglas Steakhouse - Cherry Hill
From the first step into William Douglas Steakhouse’s dining room, guests will delight in the charm and glamour of the past. The comfortable setting and equestrian décor will bring to mind the thoroughbreds of the race track’s heyday. Live jazz music on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays create a lively mood reminiscent of the era of the speakeasy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
William Douglas Steakhouse - Cherry Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
- CLOSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014They are closed and we weren't able to go there. Good thing we figured this out in advance since we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary that night and figured on going somewhere else.
- Enjoyable atmosphereJayboDined on 5/31/2014The atmosphere was nice, a throwback. Service was excellent and quick. Lobster Bisque very good, my steak was ok. I prefer Flemings steak and sides.Special Features:
- Never FailsThomasDined on 5/29/2014The food and service is always excellent. Top on my listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakDaveCDined on 5/23/2014Great food. Great staff. Better than Capitol Grill.Special Features:
- Great SteaksJohnBorisDined on 5/22/2014The Steaks we had were superb. I had the Rib Eye and my Wife had the Flat Iron. You could cut them with a butter knife and they were done to the correct temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak and good ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014We've been here several times and the food is always good. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, the salads were delicious and the sides were very good as well. This is a consistent performer and a great alternative to the crowded often mediocre steak houses that have bigger names. Overall this was a very good meal.
- Exquisite Diningsteakit2meDined on 5/16/2014The adventure begins when you first enter the restaurant. The smiling hostess, the ambience,the decor---- in a word "class!" Great service, great wine and great food served exactly as ordered. All the employees are highly trained and very good at providing the dining experience reserved for only the very best restaurants, and the chefs are artists in epicurean creations. I would highly recommend William Douglas Steakhouse to those searching for the finest food and service in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst. Service. Ever.PapaBearDined on 5/11/2014Ambience is nice in a steakhouse way. My steak was very good (NY) but 2 of the 4 steaks were not cooked as requested. The server did not show up when we sat down for about 15 minutes. No managers visible anywhere. Rest of service was very poor. Here's the gist. We discovered that the William Douglas steakhouse and its owner, McCormick & Schimdt's share a kitchen and managers. This ultimately leads to poor service and very very slow service. The value that you pay (NY prices) for the value you get is way out of synch.
- Perfect for a romantic dinnerAnniversarydinnerDined on 5/10/2014Our food was excellent and our service was very polite and kind. However, it was the day before Mother's Day so the service was extremely slow. I don't believe if was out servers fault. It seemed as though he was the only one working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-par foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/9/2014The restaurant is too expensive for the quality of the food. The drinks were so watered down that I double there was any alcohol in them at all. The creamed spinach was so overly creamy that it was pure soup - all white with bits of green - inedible. The lobster tail was rubbery and tough and $40. The scallop dish contained four very small sea scallops - a too small portion for any adult. Drive the mile down the road and go to Capital Grille - same cost much better value. The restaurant was empty - no wonder - want a full house? - serve food that is well prepared and drinks that are not watered down!
- Very nice presentationGonzDined on 5/3/2014Very nice presentation goose Island on tap. My fiancé asked if they would steam there's for an appetizer and they accomidated her request. She raved about the attaché desertSpecial Features:
- Steak or notBuckwheatDined on 4/20/2014The steak I ordered was disappointing. The texture of the meat was soft and it lacked flavor. The seafood entrees ordered by the other two in our party were very good. Service was annoyingly slow in a room that was not half occupied.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.JerryPorDined on 4/19/2014The food was excellent, the staff very accommodating, The duo provided great music, the piano player sound exactly like Tony Bennett.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Ambiencegma15174Dined on 4/5/2014The restaurant environment and facilities were all very nice. We enjoyed the service and the live music. The food left something to be desired. We picked this location to have steak. Calamari appetizer was tasty however it was served cool. The 12 oz filet was gritty and overcooked. NY strip was nice -- cooked just right and very flavorful. We ordered asparagus and baked potato. Fresh vegetables were delicious, baked potato was plain and served cool. Overall the experience was nice --not worth the $400+ bill for food and drinks (family of 6 / Drinks )
- Overpriced !JimmyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Seriously overrated for a steakhouse! The food was mediocre at best and Expensive !! Its a chain restaurant in disguise . Would not return !
- Bad experienceJimKimVIPDined on 3/28/2014What a night. my wife and I decided to go back to William Douglas and it will not happen again. To go to an empty restaurant on a Friday night at 8 pm and wait an hour for food or a drink is not right. When our food came the steak was WAY overcooked and my wifes salmon was covered in bacon. We literally waited 40 min just for our water to be filled let alone our drinks. Too pricey for a bad experience.
- "The Right Stuff"CarolDined on 3/28/2014We've been to William Douglas several times and have often brought friends to share the experience. We could not limit our favorite aspect of the overall dining experience to just one attribute. The food is consistently delicious. The atmosphere is always relaxing, charming and romantic. And the wait staff has always been of the highest caliber. Our friends have shared these opinions as well. However, the jewel in the crown has to be the live entertainment. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll never go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/23/2014Went on a Sunday night and only four tables were filed. In spite of that it took a half hour to get our salads, the scallop portions were small and we didn't receive our au gratin potatoes until our meal was almost over. Then the waiter offered to pack them to go! The manager then came over to ask how things were apparently completely uninformed by the waiter. She said she would make sure the potatoes were taken off the check. No kidding? That's it? No "let us by you desert" or anything? And on top of it all the cheesecake was dry.
- Empty and still lack luster servicePrincessDined on 3/22/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful and the live music was a bonus, but it was downright empty during prime time on a saturday night. With it being so dead, one would assume stellar service, but this was not the case. We had to ask for bread after being seated for 30 minutes to which not enough bread was brought for our party and it was never replenished. Drinks were never replenished unless asked and then it usually took 15 minutes for something to come from the bar. The food took about two hours to come out and when it did it was obvious that it had been sitting under lamps for quite a while. We never had a visit from a manager apologizing for the delay. Overall we had a 7:30 reservation and did not complete our meal until 11:15!!Special Features:
- great steaks!!JimKimVIPDined on 3/22/2014William Diuglas has amazing steaks that are cooked to perfection! It was our first but nit last time there as we will return soon!!Special Features:
- A night out w friendsdivineDined on 3/21/2014"Everything was delicious. From our appetizer to our entrée. The waiter was great at answering our questions about our selections. The quail as my appetizer was my favorite."Special Features:
- Was GoodTwins2mommyDined on 3/20/2014Its closed now by time I write this review. But it was a Ok meal. Had a live band which was really neat, but was dead and over priced. Id rather go to Capital GrillSpecial Features:
- no review......just wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014no review......just would like the not to the restaurant to be forwarded and would appreciate a reply.
- Too ExpensiveTerpndogsVIPDined on 3/15/2014$150 for dinner for two? No apps. No dessert. One draft beer. Awful. Go elsewhere to spend your hard-earned money. This place was almost empty on a Saturday evening. No surprise.
- Too loud.....THeDaddymanDined on 3/14/2014It was hard to concentrate on the food and service, both good, when the waitstaff not waiting on tables needed to sit at the bar with the combo and laugh and scream at whatever they thought was funny. Will not be coming back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Kevin and Gary's BirthdayKevinDined on 3/8/2014When we walked into the restaurant the atmosphere was just what I expected, beautiful and serene. We had to change the reservation and I was able to use the online open table option on the site. This is a wonderful tool. It told me the next available times there was an open table, I clicked on the preferred time and I got a confirmation. We were seated as soon as we got to the restaurant. The service at the restaurant is outstanding, and our waiter, Cody was wonderful and very entertaining he made the birthday boys feel so special. Even at such a late hour we never felt rushed to order or finish our dinner,which was very nice. Over all we had a wonderful experience and definitely will be going back to William Douglas Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Serious issues at this place. The RESTRUANT was not full yet we waited an hr and a half for our meals and that is not an exaggeration. The food overall was pretty good but it was not warm. We returned a plate for being cold. In a party of 4 -2 great meals 1 cold meal and one un edible because it had so much pepper on it . I really think the issues fall of management at this place. Someone should be watching the poor service. It's clear to me that there is little urgency and possibly an undersized kitchen. We would not go back but it is a really nice place. I think they need to focus on quality of service and delivery to the patrons.Special Features:
- Spectacular restaurant forKelltDined on 3/8/2014Spectacular restaurant for a romantic night out with someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getting better since takeovernot2goodVIPDined on 3/8/2014since Landry's acquired this place, it is improving but still needs work. Sides were small, dessert menu not to our liking, but steaks were very good and our server was excellent.
- Wonderful music with great dining!MAL4CherryHillVIPDined on 3/1/2014Just love this romantic steakhouse and Peter Cole on Saturday nights singing Tony Bennett is amazing! Love the new menu with great and delicious selections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJerseyGirl73Dined on 2/23/2014My husband & I decided to try this place for a nice, romantic meal (especially since we both love a good steak). The layout of the restaurant was beautiful & had nice ambiance. We couldn't understand why there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. Waiter seemed a bit clueless . There was NO ONE in the restaurant and we had to ASK for a basket of bread after he brought our soup/salad. We ordered our steaks medium well-- they were bleeding. For those prices, everything should have been perfect. Only thing that I could say that we enjoyed was dessert (bananas foster flambeed for 2). I now know why the restaurant was empty. If you have $$ to spend on a nice meal, go to Capital Grille.They have the service & the food that justify the price tag.
- Great for special occasionsShellyDined on 2/23/2014Excellent spot to celebrate my birthday. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Food was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicekapeDined on 2/22/2014The restaurant was very nice, I wasn't impressed with the wine by the glass list, I would have liked a bigger selection. But overall very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine with live jazz.dallasDined on 2/22/2014I loved the feel of place. It had a warm, cozy, comfortable feeling. The food was great, and cooked just right. The live jazz made it even better! The only thing negative is, it seemed that we waited a while before our main entree was served, other then that our experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony Bennett nightCALLAUVIPDined on 2/22/2014Took my daughter for an evening out because of good grades. Many families enjoying the place. Couples too. Nice bar area if you just want to stop for a drink with a friend. Food was great except my steak was medium rare when I ordered medium well. Sent back to brown up with no issues. My daughter orded medium but hers came really rare. So if you don't like you steaks too red -be sure to order more cooked at this steak house! Waiter great . Back room had limited heat - cold .so sit in front section of restaurant . Piano bar singer sang like Tony Bennett all evening. Pricey but a Nice evening out. We enjoyed ourselves .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingevchVIPDined on 2/22/2014The food at William Douglas is good. The service however was HORRIBLE tonight. I took my wife and two children. The appetizers came and went. Then the children's food came. 45 minutes later the kids were finished and adults still did not have food. Funny, but kids don't have the attention span to wait forever after they finish eating. I understand putting children's food orders in first as that makes sense but not 45 minutes later once they have finished. We ended up packing up adult dinners to go and leaving. When ordering a $50 steak and $10 topping for the steak one really doesn't want to take it to go. Also, charging $3.29 per soda for children when kid's menu says soft drink included? Really?
- Friday night very quietTerpndogsVIPDined on 2/21/2014Admittedly we were there early with a 5:15 dinner. Service was friendly and happy hour prices extend from 4 to 7pm. There were 4 people at the bar and another table if people in the restaurant the entire time we were there. Food was good and service was fine. Nothing remarkable. We checked in with host per our reservation (you don't need one) at the William Douglas entrance. However, around front is the McCormick and Schmick entrance. It appears these places join and share. I know the same company owns both. Our receipt said McCormick and Schmick. Very odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in ParadiseJyllyDined on 2/15/2014This experience was everything I'd hoped for and more when I made the reservation for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. This restaurant came highly recommended by a friend, and it lived up to the hype. Wonderful atmosphere, amazing food, wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for NickKyleVIPDined on 2/15/2014We had a dinner for 5 people to celebrate multiple occassions. We had many requests and Nick pulled everyone of them off. Food was solid but service was fantastic. Ask for Nick and enjoy the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as bad as some make itXlsmooveDined on 2/15/2014After reading the reviews for WD I admit I was hesitant. I was going on a first date and really wanted to impress and not choose a place that would be an epic fail. Upon entering the host (yes, the bald guy) pleasantly greeted us and had us seated in a private booth (which was not reserved, but much appreciated). The waiter promptly came by and poured water and asked for our drink orders and made the recommendations for the evening. As far as the waiter was concerned there was only one mishap where he forgot my date's requested lemon for her water, but when reminded promptly returned with them. Overall the food was excellent, though for a steak restaurant the meat tended to be a bit over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.