William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino
777 Blue Chip Drive
Michigan City, IN 46360Neighborhood:
Michigan City, IN
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bluechipcasino.com/dining/william-bs-steakhouse
- Phone: 888-879-7711x2118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Rudy Paniagua
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an intimate dining experience for up to 20 guests. Your party will be hosted in our private dining room and offered a full selection of our steakhouse menu along with some other wonderful options perfect for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Black 2198772118x2423
A word from William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino
Named after Boyd Gaming Corporation's Chairman and CEO William S. Boyd, William B's Steakhouse is a world-class steakhouse in the tradition of the Stardust Hotel in Las Vegas. But there's more than steak on the menu. You'll also find fresh seafood and exquisite pasta dishes, all prepared with classic Midwestern flair.Continued
Must be 21 to dine.
Must be 21 to dine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino - Best Restaurants in Michigan City, IN ›
William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (88)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (20)notable wine list (19)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Bad timingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Although my wife and I enjoyed a great meal, we unfortunately sat near some diners who were just plain unhappy with each other and everything else. Too bad. I highly recommend the crab cakes, best I ever had.Special Features:
- salty!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Terrible oysters, escargot and mashed potatoes are salty and taste like they are instant. Wine was the best part of dinner. My husband had the strip. It was chewy. Hands down William b.Special Features:
- 50th AnniversaryCurleyDined on 9/12/2014We went to William B's for a special dinner to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. We were not disappointed. The Maitre D', Patrick, was very friendly and accommodating. He checked on us several times during the meal to ensure that we were pleased. Kathy was our waitress. She was excellent. Very friendly, helpful and attended to our every need. The food was excellent. At the end of dinner William B's provided us with a delicious cake for our celebration. It was a great experience, and we would like to thank the Blue Chip Casino and William B's for a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencecasinogalDined on 9/1/2014And yet again, William B's does not disappoint. By far the Best service and the Best Prime Rib I've had. Thanks for making our visit extra special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was fabulous! It was the perfect beginning to a wonderful nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely The BestMargieDined on 8/30/2014The food, service and atmosphere are the tops! We have been to the William B many times and have always enjoyed every bite.Special Features:
- out standing service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I have been comming here for years, my server kathy has been the best I will not come unless she can waait on me. I have always had the best food here, patrick also. Is right up there with my server kathy I feel we have all gotten very close in the years hope nothing will ever change. Thanks so much Tina ConnellySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Have dined there many times. New wine list is so minimal as to be worthless. We had chateaubriand for two. The presentation was bland. Meat on a platter with no vegetables or other garnish. Overall disappointing. Copper Rock at Four Winds totally out classes William B's.Special Features:
- patkarDined on 8/26/2014Just love dining here. We find ourselves going to the casino only to look forward to winding down to have a relaxing dinner at Wm B's The food is always delicious and well prepared. The staff is friendly and efficient. It is one of our favorite restaurants with excellent choices of entrees. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse!Bo007Dined on 8/23/2014Service was great, the staff was friendly, attentive and personable. The food was great, I had the filet medium and my wife had the surf and turf. The only thing we didn't like was the creamed spinach, too salty with the ham in it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- camel1218Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great time the meal was outstanding service fantastic, a great place to take a special person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service!NotworthitDined on 8/23/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived in a booth. The bread and water arrived at the table. However a waiters and waitresses just looked at us. Not one person stopped or made an effort to find out what we were there for. I took my phone and set a stop watch to see how long it would take for someone to take our order. Took over 10mins. Sally finally came over to us. And just sat there and stared at us. Made the whole situation very awkward. I ordered the fillet and cooked medium. It came out litterally bloody. Had to ask her to take our drink order. She stood as far away from us as she could. It was seriously a Horrible experience. Not worth the price whatsoever!!!!!Special Features:
- William B's at Blue Chipsueb4841VIPDined on 8/22/2014Stayed at the Blue Chip for our Anniversary and ate at William B's both nights for dinner. The food was excellent!!! The Shrimp Cocktail for an appetizer was fabulous! Jumbo shrimp bigger than I've ever had. Tried both the chopped salad & the house salad. Both were good. The French onion soup was wonderful, not too salty like most. Ate the special on Friday night, Marlin, was excellent. On Saturday we had a steak filet & the Chilean Sea Bass. Again the food was "to die for". The Key Lime Pie was scrumptious. Service was great, not too rushed. The Maître d' made several passes through the restaurant and spoke to each table individually. Definitely recommend this place for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Great romantic dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Being from Chicago, I was skeptical of how good the food and experience would be. I was blown away by the food, service and the price. The filet was delicious and I was delighted to find some high end cabs at a decent price. Our waitress was very attentive without being over bearing and the water glasses never got empty: something I value highly when drinking wine. They even decanted our wine which I thought was a nice touch. This is definitely the best steak house I have dined at outside of Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our new favorite !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014the staff, from the manager down to the buss people , make you feel comfortable the moment you sit at your table. Our waitress, Patty, was the best. And the food was superb. The chocolate soufflé was to die for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoniBunchDined on 8/17/2014Probably the best steak dinner we have had in years. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- JboyGreatplaceDined on 8/17/2014This is one of the best restaurants.We always eat here when we come to Blue Chip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The service was so professional I felt like I was down town. The waiter was the best I ever had. Food was excellent. Can't wait yo come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dgoodyDined on 8/9/2014The food was hot, served in a timely manner. The portions were very generous. Overall the dinner was great.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was fantastic, would definitely recommend this to anyone. I cant believe this is the first time I have came here. I will be coming more often now for sure!Special Features:
- Unless You're a High Roller Skip ItPartyof2Dined on 8/2/2014We had 6p reservations prior to a special event at 8p. We arrived on time & was told to wait in the bar with 40 people who were doing the same thing. When we checked in we explained to the hostess that we needed a table, because we would not be comfortable seated in a booth (this was also on the open table reservation). After waiting 1/2 hr we were going to be seated in a booth, because they had walk-in high rollers from casino who took the remaining tables without reservations. So we waited again for a table to open & when one did THEY ACTUALLY SEATED ANOTHER PERSON WHO WALKED UP WITHOUT A RESERVATION. We finally got seated 45 minutes late without even an apology or glass of wine. Not worth the aggravation-manager is not helpful.
- Great place to eat.Angelbear15340Dined on 8/2/2014We ate there before the Sara Evans show. We had a Steak It was Very Good. very tender the service and the surroundings were great. We would highly recommend trying when you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food!!qualitymattersDined on 8/2/2014High end dining, high end pricing, average food quality. My wife and I enjoy dining out and we do not have an issue with paying for quality food. The walleye I had at William B's was over cooked on the edges and the bottom (For the second time). My wife had the twin lobster tail, which she enjoyed. Service was good, our server was named Wayne. With our meal being comped, I was not to upset, just thought the management would like to know our experience. I have had the walleye before and really enjoyed it, but the Lighthouse in Cedar Lake tops this one! Bottomline, food quality at William B's is going the wrong direction!!
- Amazing FoodjhuffmanDined on 8/1/2014The filet three way's may have been the best meal we have had at a leading steak house. Everything exceeded expectations. Great place for dinner but just go there and eat. The Blue Chip as a whole especially the service on the hotel side and the management on the hotel side is worse then a motel 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did you say LobsterDebraDined on 7/31/2014We had the most amazing Lobster Tails. Not just one, but two on one dinner plate. The food at William B's is always awesome, but the Lobster Tails are the best. Also had the special ribeye steak. Very delicious. Wait staff is awesome, always friendly. Great night out for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was decent but poor servicePrettyDinerDined on 7/31/2014The petite sirloin was delicious, the crab stuff shrimp was horrible. The shrimp was hard and rubbery. The Brussels sprouts were decent but undercooked in my opinion. The ribeye was good but quite fatty. Both steaks were cooked to specifications. The soups were ok at best. The service was much lacking and out waiter mostly absent. We only had soups and entrees and ended up being there almost two hours. We received bread and our soups right away but waited almost 45 mins for our entrees. We asked for additional bread and our server never brought it. We ended up asking another tables server for condiments after we got our plates because our server disappeared again. Didn't order dessert because we didn't want to wait any longer.Special Features:
- Special OccasionjenbeanDined on 7/29/2014Great place for a special occasion - we just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful romantic dinner here. Food is fabulous, ambiance is generally quiet and lighting is perfect. Love this place - Australian lobster tail out of this world! And service is top notch!Special Features:
- enjoyable eveningsouthcountydaveDined on 7/25/2014our table was ready on time. the appetizers, soups and salads were fresh and well prepared. We all had a variety of food mostly seafood. The sea bass and stuffed shrimps were very good but the shrimp in the shrimp dejohn were way over cooked. The flavor was very good but the dish was ruined by the overcooked shrimp. Have eaten here 4 or 5 times now and has always been an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceGnuattitudeDined on 7/24/2014Everything was just as nice at William B's as I remembered it from past visits. We will be back.Special Features:
- Special DatebobndeeDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I have eaten at William B's steakhouse several times. This last dining experience we found the food just not up to standard. My lobster was stringy and tough and just plopped on a plate with no style or flair. The blue cheese salad dressing was not good at all. I ate the lobster but left the salad which they did not charge us for. My husbands sea bass special was fine, but a bit small. I will say they make the best Bombay Sapphire martinis. The wait staff was great and ambiance wonderful. We will go back because normally I love their lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MotormanDined on 7/19/2014Loud, no atmosphere, steak undercooked but good flavor, plate dirty, silverware spotted all for a premium price. Disappointed...might go to the bar for a drink.
- RRsteakdevineDined on 7/19/2014The atmosphere at William B's allows for a romantic dinner or just having a relaxing dinner with friends. We are never rushed to complete our meal. The filet and lobster is always delicious with the burgundy mushrooms and asparagus. My prime rib was done just as I liked - lightly pink - and very tender. Our server was pleasant and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- William B's DeliciousJillithDined on 7/19/2014William B's is located inside the Blue Chip Casino and Hotel. It's an upscale restaurant with dedication to detail. Our wait staff was outstanding and the food was incredibly delicious! I recommend the potatoes au gratin and the cream of wild mushroom soup (when available). The steaks were great quality, and our server made a great recommendation of pairing the wine with my meal. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic, leisurely dinner while visiting Blue Chip Casino, William B's is a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual!!!Always1stClassDiningDined on 7/18/2014We truly enjoy dining at William B's. Patrick is always so welcoming and pleasant and always makes sure that you have a wonderful dining experience. We really enjoy entertaining family and friends at William B's as it is really a treat for all!!! The wait staff is very attentive and is very much appreciated. Chris was our server our last two visits and was excellent! All of the servers seem to be first class! Thanks for such fun evenings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent ServicedalcardDined on 7/17/2014We have eaten here 4 times and get excellent service every single time! The last time we ate there it took way too long for a server to show up. When one finally did, she apologized profusely and said that she did not know we were her table. She was friendly and accommodating throughout our meal and said she was going to make it up to us due to the fact that she kept us waiting. We ended up with complimentary 2 crème brule. It was delicious! We never had a bad meal here either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- William B Steakhouse 7/15/14AmericanMuscleDined on 7/15/2014Excellent food & service. I'd recommend them to everyone also its a very good idea to make a reservation, as they stay very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvgdwineDined on 7/13/2014Went for Dinner, the shrimp cocktail was excellent, shrimp dejour was also excellent. Our waitress was very informed, polite and attentive. Had a very nice glass of wine, and before dinner, at the bar Ryan produced a great dirty martini. We were very pleased with our time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpotJGZ2008Dined on 7/12/2014We have now made this our Anniversary spot! We celebrated our last two Wedding Anniversaries here! The food is AMAZING, full of flavor, beautifully presented and large portions. I treated my husband to his first souffle and he loved it! Thank you for helping us celebrate our 6th Anniversary!Special Features:
- Upscale, intimate evening dining.luv2dineDined on 7/12/2014This was my first time dining at this restaurant with my boyfriend. We found the food on par with that on a typical upscale Chicago-style fine dining experience. Everything was well prepared with quality ingredients to ensure an exceptional meal. The server was attentive to our needs, and the low-lighting and kid-free environment because of its casino setting, made for an enjoyable adults-only atmosphere. For Michigan City, it is pricey, but in this case, the prices are more than justified given the top-notch food quality and impeccable service. I would easily recommend this establishment for romantic, intimate dinners and special occasions. I feel that it is easily the very best in upscale dining in Michigan City, Indiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- William B'sRetired417Dined on 7/12/2014I have been to this place on a number of occasions now and have never had a bad meal. If your looking for a good meal and a nice atmosphere with a Vegas steakhouse feel to it this is the place to go.Special Features: