William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino
777 Blue Chip Drive
Michigan City, IN 46360Neighborhood:
Michigan City, IN
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bluechipcasino.com/dining/william-bs-steakhouse
- Phone: (888) 879-7711 ext. 2118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Rudy Paniagua
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer an intimate dining experience for up to 20 guests. Your party will be hosted in our private dining room and offered a full selection of our steakhouse menu along with some other wonderful options perfect for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Black 2198772118x2423
A word from William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino
Named after Boyd Gaming Corporation's Chairman and CEO William S. Boyd, William B's Steakhouse is a world-class steakhouse in the tradition of the Stardust Hotel in Las Vegas. But there's more than steak on the menu. You'll also find fresh seafood and exquisite pasta dishes, all prepared with classic Midwestern flair.Continued
Must be 21 to dine.
Must be 21 to dine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino - Best Restaurants in Michigan City, IN ›
William B's Steakhouse - Blue Chip Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)romantic (80)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (27)good for groups (27)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- seuprisingly good for an Indiana casino restaurantjrb3Dined on 11/22/2014Your review must be at least 50 characters.a surprisingly good restaurant -- bacon wrapped scallop appitizer was very good the server was busy, but handled it well--Shrimp de jounge was also well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- William B's Steakhouse ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I loved the feel of the restaurant! It was decorated in an extremely elegant manner, using a lot of gorgeous onyx. We had two waiters, Shawn and Patrick and they couldn't have been nicer or classier! The food was out of this world! I wanted to order and eat everything on the dessert tray! This is a great restaurant if you would like to really impress a special person, or a whole group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014We always have a wonderful dining experience. Our favorite server, Chris, always delivers outstanding service, with a unique description of the specials every time. Steaks are always prepared perfectly...great wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!Jtravels24Dined on 11/16/2014Great food selection, could have been more fish entrees! Waitress was very excellent, would want her to wait on us again! So much food, not enough room for that excellent, appetizing Chocolate cake! Darn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wear your suits.BrocaleyDined on 11/15/2014We went on a Saturday night and booked the table for four on Open Table. When we arrived, they were able to get us in 45 minutes earlier than our reservations. They gave us the menus quickly and our server came right up to us. When she took our orders, she seemed as if she had to explain everything to a first grader. When she left our table, we all had the same feeling that she didn't accept us as her usual clientele. Maybe it was because 2 of the 4 of us had worn sweatshirts? Maybe. Was it because someone wanted to know why they would butterfly the filet? Maybe. Whatever the reason, we dropped $300 no questions asked. We also asked about smoking to which the visser said we couldn't smoke, but if we were literally at the table next to us we could. While the booths next to us and the tables near us all had smokers puffing away. Medium well was definitely well done with no juice to be found, very dry. The sweet potato was good. Desserts were very good too. Maybe it's time to give the menu a look over and come up with some more food options for diners.I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little priceycheapyDined on 11/15/2014I just feel like the food wasn't worth the money. The service was beyond excellent from the hostess to thw waitress to the bus boy. But I feel like ive had better tasting food elsewhere for less money. The food was not bad by any means but I guess I was expecting more for those prices. Or maybe I'm just cheap and those are normal for a steakhouse in a casino. Also they allow smoking. ...grossSpecial Features:
- very satisfiedsatisfiedDined on 11/14/2014The food and service could not be any better. We always ask for Cathy's section. She is outstanding. Always makes you feel welcome and sees what you need even before you ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dananddine21Dined on 11/11/2014I enjoy upscale dining and William B's is a great room and atmosphere. The service is excellent. The food is very good, but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress says "Hold the Potato"casinobunnyDined on 11/9/2014We ordered and shortly after we did my husband did not feel well ( not related to food at all, but a cold he was fighting), so i asked if we could get the order to go. Later that night back in the room, I went to eat some of our food only to discover the waitress never packed the baked potato they charged me $8 for. Quite disapointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experiencemyfavplacesDined on 11/9/2014We first dined at William B's Steakhouse about 10 years ago and we make it a point to go there when we are in Michigan City. The food is amazing, always top-notch. Love the quiet, elegant atmosphere and the service is first-rate. I hope you will put it on your list of must tries.Special Features:
- SPECIALS1fabfoodDined on 11/9/2014The blacked scallops were to die for!!!!!!!!! This was an app special which should be added to the menu mabey as a surf and turf entree. It was a nice change and just the right spice. i wish you offered the steaks with a blackening your spice blend is delicious!!!!!!! The only complaint I would have is that the restaurant is frequently overbooked and if you book thru open table you will be bumped off the list and not only loose your reservations but your dining points because the restaurant will reschedule you on their system.Special Features:
- Pricey-but OK for special occasionsLoveGreatFoodDined on 11/2/2014Service. was good, but our server, Jen, didn't seem to be very familiar with the wine choices, though she did bring us the "book" of wines to look at. We opted to get cocktails instead. Asked 3 times for lemons for our water, but she did finally bring them. She was patient with questions about menu & food came in a very reasonable amount of time. I had oysters on the half shell & prime rib, my husband had bacon wrapped scallops & lobster fettuccini. My husband said the scallops were pretty bland, but the rest was wonderful. It was a bit disappointing that everything was a la carte, & the food is pricey, so we opted to go without sides. But overall the food was wonderful & the service was fine.Special Features:
- great service great fooddatenightDined on 11/1/2014Out of all the steakhouses associated with a casino this has to be the best! If ever at the Blue chip make sure you take time to take this one in.The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I was told about the smokingSmokingstinksDined on 11/1/2014I met friends from Chicago at the restaurant (I'm from Ohio) and we had no idea that the restaurant allowed smoking! We were seated in the smoking section (unbeknownst to us) and could not handle the smell. We asked to be moved to the non-smoking section and it was a bit more pleasant (although everyone knows that smoke travels so it truly was not a non-smoking section). Also, we were first seated by a very loud private party and my friends and I could not hear each other. The table change helped. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The entire experience was great!Ronster88Dined on 10/30/2014We arrived a few minutes prior to the reservation time and were seated immediately. The hostess was very accommodating and seated us in a booth. Our entire meal was very enjoyable and our server Patty made the experience wonderful!Special Features:
- awawVIPDined on 10/30/2014Patti, my waitress, is the best waitress in the restaurant. She is very attentive and can just about anticipate what we need. She needs to be recognized for her good work.Special Features:
- Great food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Our waitress was the best!!!! Love the food - the chef is excellent.Special Features:
- Thank YouLuvfoodDined on 10/26/2014Wonderful evening. Food was fantastic. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedsatisfiedDined on 10/21/2014We always enjoy our visits to William B's. The food is excelent as the service. We request Cathy as our waitress. There is none better. Very personable but very prfessional. She takes every effort to make sure we are happy and and well fed.Special Features:
- MAF1969Dined on 10/20/2014We have been eating at William B's for several visits a year. Never a drop off of service, quality of food, selection. You may not have luck in the casino, but you'll hit the Jackpot while dining at William B's.Special Features:
- Experience @ William B's SteakHouseLuvGr8FoodDined on 10/18/2014Very nice atmosphere...very good service...and great food. A little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable, but....firsttimersDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. The food and service were outstanding. The only complaint we had was that we had no idea it was a smoking restaurant. We weren't asked or offered a non smoking area. Being NON smokers, it did put a small damper on what was a otherwise wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SKayWDined on 10/18/2014Best food I have had while eating out in a long time.Special Features:
- new chef1fabfoodDined on 10/18/2014My steak was very over cooked I ordered rare and got well, the hollandise sauce was horrible it tasted like it had a pound of sugar added to it, I ordered take out and did not get complete order. My food did not come in the order I ordered it app came after dinner was served! I was not happy for the 1st time ever eating here!Special Features:
- ralphyDined on 10/17/2014We always enjoy eating there. The service is great and the food is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W. B. ResturantRRTGJKDined on 10/17/2014Our 1st time . food excellent and our server one of the best we have ever had. Portion large. Barb our server excellent!Special Features:
- Steaks were great!!!lplb1963Dined on 10/17/2014Patty is the best waitress. Please email us when she won't be working in the weeks ahead. The hostess that seated us was friendly we were there on the 17th of Oct our resv was at 4:15 under Sumpter!! Didn't catch her name. You Need more people that our like those two working for you. Not that you don't have they are why we come back , And the food is great!!! Thank You. Our Host for the casino is Tim Conner and Mona!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulfinedinedivaDined on 10/16/2014This was my first time dining here and it certainly will NOT be my last. From service to food and atmosphere I loved itSpecial Features:
- It was goodLovetoeatDined on 10/14/2014Overall our dinner was good. We have visited several times and this is the first we felt was a little less than expected for good quality. My wife had to send her filet back as well as the table next to us. My prime New York strip was on the edge of what I call prime. For a steak priced at $49 it better be great prime beef. We will still go back and I am not writing this to discourage anyone from going. I think this is still the best dinning in Northern Indiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceThePlayerDined on 10/12/2014The food and service are exceptional. Everyone goes out of their way to be accommodating. The poblano pepper appetizer is very good and definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicelikeabossDined on 10/11/2014First visit....steak was perfectly grilled, bread warm and dessert delicious, so it won't be our last visit.Special Features:
- DinnerTooMuchDined on 10/11/2014I've been to restaurant several times. always get steak. this time, steak was dry for being medium. my guest had her steak med rare, still dry. Everything else was great!! the service is wonderful!!
- Outstanding Service from PattyLuvSpicyShrimpLinquineDined on 10/10/2014Patty is an outstanding waitress. The food is great and the atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mim81Dined on 10/10/2014Perfect evening. Chateaubriand for 2 was delicious from salad to entre to dessert. Service was attentive and pleasantSpecial Features:
- MI and IL FriendsMrsRandCoDined on 10/10/2014Once again, we enjoyed friendly and attentive service without it being intrusive to our conversation. Cocktails, Dinner, and Dessert were paced well and excellent on all levels.The snapper special, walleye, stuffed pork chop and filet were each delicious...served hot and prepared as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014For the prices charged, I was less than thrilled with my meal. The crab legs were over cooked and stuck to the shell while the Filet was cooked fine but lacked flavor.
- Love William B'sFavoritefoodDined on 10/4/2014William B's is one of my favorite places to dine. The food is always outstanding and the service great. Shawn was our waiter on our last visit and we could not have asked for a more pleasant and efficient waiter. Job well done!! We will be back when I return from my Florida home next June. Wish it was non-smoking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner spotjenbeanDined on 10/4/2014Servers are exceptional at this steakhouse. We had a vegetarian with us and they catered to our every need, great place to have a special dinner!Special Features:
- SPEEDYSPEEDYDined on 10/4/2014Seated promptly. Food was great. Excellent location of table. Can't wait til next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Kort1993Dined on 10/3/2014A place where you can dress up and have a romantic anniversary dinner or a place to catch up with friends. Definitely would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.