1911 East Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
East Passyunk Avenue
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.willbyob.com/
- Phone: 2152717683x
- Hours of Operation:
We serve dinner five nights a week. Dinner reservations are available Wednesday through Thursday from 5:30p.m. to 10:00p.m. Friday and Saturday from 5:30p.m. to 11:00p.m. We offer a four course Prix Fixe menu on Sunday evening from 5:00p.m. to 10:00p.m. Join us every 3rd Tuesday of each month for out ingredient focused tasting menu 5 courses $55. Will BYOB is closed on Monday and Tuesday dinner services.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Kearse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you would like to entertain a select group of clients or host a reception throughout the entire restaurant, we offer a number of possibilites. For events of of guests or more please contact the reservation office.
- Private Party Contact: Doug.firstname.lastname@example.org 2152717683
- Cross Street: Mifflin & East Passyunk Ave
- Public Transit: Subway - Take the Broad Street Line to Tasker-Morris and walk two blocks east to East Passyunk Ave or to Snyder Ave and walk one block north to East Passyunk Ave.
Bus - Take the Route 23, Route 29 or C Bus on Broad Street, which all cross East Passyunk Avenue. The Route 2, 37, 47 and 47m.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available on the Avenue and in a municipal parking lot between Tasker and Morris for 50 cents per hour with a three hour maximum and free two hour parking is available on side streets.
There is also a Parkway garage on the NW corner of Broad and McKean Streets which offers secure parking just a few steps from the Avenue at affordable rates, including an evening rate of $5 after 5 p.m.
A word from Will BYOB
Will is a modern French inspired BYOB, located on East Passyunk Avenue in the heart of South Philadelphia. Chef and Owner Christopher Kearse, and his team, prepare a menu focused on its season, respecting French traditions along with classic and modern techniques to build a dining experience that evokes entertainment, excitement, and satisfaction.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Will BYOB - Best Restaurants in East Passyunk Avenue ›
Will BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (65)special occasion (51)romantic (38)hot spot (17)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Fantastic food. Fantastic service. The Sunday menu was fresh and exciting!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014We love the Sunday chef tastings. Every course is a delicious surprise and beautifully presented. Love the staff--very knowledgeable, professional, and so, so cordial!Special Features:
- ExcellentLinusVIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, service and all around experience. A delicious combination of presentation and taste. A must!Special Features:
- Foodies ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Everyone thinks they are a foodie but this restaurant makes that determination. This is a restaurant for people who eat food to experience new cooking techniques. Although everything my party ate was pleasing, it was not satisfying.Special Features:
- Intimate vibe and marvelous foodSouperbeDined on 10/10/2014The food was presented in such an interesting way! We especially loved the pumpkin soup and its presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!ckjdinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Fantastic food! The Sunday prix fixe menu was creative and innovative and the service was great. This is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite BYOBsMicahBVIPDined on 9/27/2014Will BYOB is one of our most repeated restaurants. It seems to have only increased in popularity. While the selections are somewhat limited (about 6-8 first and second course choices each), they always accommodate dietary requests. Some of the charm--a visit by the Chef, an intermezzo--don't seem to happen anymore. Perhaps the downside of building up a large following. I'd love for them to take a look at our prior Open Table visits on occasion rather than always ask if this is our first time there (at Laurel or Zahav, they always start with "welcome back"). We still need to try the tasting menu option, which I'm sure is excellent. Perhaps next time. Because we always want to return.Special Features:
- Superb, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food is always fresh, local, imaginative, refined, and satisfying. The service is attentive and polished. Especially important for a BYOB, the wine service is knowledgeable.Special Features:
- still deliciousKathyDDined on 9/27/2014This was only our second time dining at Will, but we will be back. We had the chef's tasting menu this time; nice options, although the portions were just this side of too small; another mouthful or two would be better. That said, each option was carefully prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious. We were dining with another couple; in some courses, men were given one option and women another, with the (unspoken) understanding that we could share and/or swap our choices. Highlights included the hen of the woods mushroom; pumpkin potage; and both entrees (brook trout and culotte du boeuf). Bring a nice wine (or two) if you go; the food will be worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillKathyVIPDined on 9/26/2014How wonderful! Had the tasting menu for 4 of us! It was so fabulous. Having a number of appetizers and main courses gave us an opportunity to taste a number of yummy dishes. The waiter was so helpful, telling us about each course. We even got a chance to meet the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatyBDined on 9/26/2014My boyfriend has been wanting to check out this spot for quite some time after hearing rave reviews from others and we were not disappointed. Not only was the food excellent (we both did the chef tasting menu), but there were so many little touches that made the experience even better. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this delicate little treasure. The food, outstanding, the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another special occasion dinner!ivrnVIPDined on 9/26/2014Will BYOB has become our favorite place to celebrate special occasions. The staff were aware that it was a return visit for us as they welcomed us back when we arrived for our reservation. Our menus were printed with a banner of "Happy Anniversary" - a really nice touch. We ordered the tasting menu. Our waiter offered to inform the chef of our wine to ensure that the tastings matched. The food was fabulous. I can't say enough about how each course is creatively designed to combine flavorful ingredients that are cooked to perfection. Our favorite part of the meal is the presentation of the food, though. I can only compare it to being in an artist's studio. The colors, textures, shapes and composition of all plates are simply stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service, Tasting MenuZephyrDined on 9/25/2014Menu was super creative and well executed, plating was beautiful. Food ingredient quality was high. A real culinary adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be patient!kallieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was great. Waiter was great at ignoring us. He seemed to have some friends seated outside who he was talking to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What great servers they have!PHMikeyVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food at Will is always stunning. This chef has a gift that just keeps on giving. I eat there often and am additionally impressed every time. But the front of the house gang also deserves mention as they really are excellent. Intelligent, witty, friendly, and calmly efficient. It's like ballet watching them work. Attitude come from the top - so whoever orchestrates the front of the house is certainly a good one.Special Features:
- Almost perfectDiningDocVIPDined on 9/19/2014I dined here several times about a year ago, and then recently twice within 2 weeks. The food remains creative, the flavors beautifully balanced, and the quality of the ingredients is exceptional. My only quibble is that the baked goods are not at the same level as the rest of the food; the bread was flavorless and dry, and even the dessert baked goods and the lovely parting gift of madeleines were a little disappointing. But the food is worth it and I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I had the tasting menu and it was simply great. The first course, which was a soup, was a little sweet for my taste, but once I told them so, the following courses were exactly on point to my palette. I would love to go here again.Special Features:
- Good things come in small packagespassion4fdVIPDined on 9/6/2014Tiny restaurant, elbow room only-the downside being how tough it is to get a reservation for this new delicious restaurant. Well paired flavors and textures, fresh ingredients. We all got a small plate, entrée and desert and ate every bite. Despite being busy, service was good and the food well paced. I would certainly dine here again.Special Features:
- Great mealStraightFoodaDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed our meal at Will, the food was varied and very well done. The duck breast, beef, and trout were very good and had a lot of flavors. I really liked the pot de creme. The only issue is that we had to wait 25 minutes for our 8:30 table to be ready. However, they did offer us a free appetizer as an apology. Overall, a nice place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Hidden gemtwelVIPDined on 8/29/2014This bistro is comparable to the ones we recently had dinner when we were in Paris. Impeccable service, delicious food. Not a misstep in the tasting menu (which is a value at $65). After eating recently at some highly touted newer restaurants in Philly, this one stands head and shoulders above them.Special Features:
- Does not disappointBearVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everyone from the server to the kitchen genuinely makes an effort to make sure you have as special an experience as possible. I really enjoyed the presentation of the different dishes. The food is of the highest quality. It is wonderful experiencing something so unique and so good at the same time.Special Features:
- consistently excellent foodphillydinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Will. Once again the food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. This is definitely one of the top notch BYOB' s in Philadelphia. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and also appeared interested in what she told us. We will definitely be returning for a third, fourth....visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our meal here. The foie gras with rabbit terrine was a surprising combination of richness, taste and texture. The head-on shrimps were sweet and tender. The best part was the juicy shrimp heads which were so succulent. It was quite a treat .Special Features:
- In love with WillThePhillyPorkchopDined on 8/15/2014This is my second time dining at Will. The first time was phenomenol but this tune was perfect as well. We ordered the tasting menu and it did not disappoint. All the food was from local ingredients and delicious. Our server was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. I think Will is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia if not the best. I will absolutely be back. Thanks Chef Kearse for an awesome meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingDean1VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food here is always amazing, prepared with incredible sophistication and flavor. This is a restaurant not to be misssed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillBYOBWeekendDinerDined on 8/15/2014The food, service and comfortable dinning were all very good. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Will BYOBevv746Dined on 8/2/2014MY Wife and I went there for a recent anniversary and were provided with top of the line service, and they even recognized our anniversary in a creative way. In addition, the food was among the best we have had in Philadelphia, and Will completely lives up to a the reputation of one of new premier dining experiences in the city. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night outkmarcum06Dined on 8/1/2014Will was an incredibly pleasant experience all around. Knowledgeable staff: our waiter answered all of our questions about ingredients/sauces etc. The tasting menu was well balanced throughout the courses. Highlights were the chilled corn soup that was so smooth and tasted like the essence of summer corn, the burgundy snails had a honey miso sauce that was unexpected and delicious, and quite possible the best trout I've ever had. Will provided an unforgettable evening that I got to spend with my loved ones. We even got to see the kitchen and meet Chef Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will BYOBJNovDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I were looking for a French restaurant in South Philly. Will truly is a neighborhood gem. We went on a weeknight and the food and staff were fantastic. It's refreshing when it comes as a package! The waiter asked if we would be interested in a chef's tasting which consisted of a 5-course meal versus ordering separately from the menu. The corn soup, snails, mushroom, trout and desert was delightful. This is a restaurant for the open-minded. You're not going to get run of the mill food and food in ridiculously large quantities. I was full before desert came out. But I still tried it and loved it. We met the chef and he is one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet. We can't wait to go back for another chef tasting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here. Just do.SarahDined on 7/26/2014What can I say. The go-to place in Philly right now (and hopefully for a long time to come!). The food takes front and center here, but the service and ambience deserve special mention. My friend somehow ended up with a nick on her ankle in the short trek from the cab to our table. One of the servers (not even ours!) noticed my friend casually inspecting her ankle and immediately appeared with a bandaid- politely and discretely. We did the chef's tasting menu and highly recommend. This is the place to celebrate an occasion, take a nice date, or just enjoy a night out when in the mood to really experience food- impeccably and creatively prepared. Your palate will thank you.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBarbaraManVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had the $65 tasting menu. Each dish was carefully prepared and there was a good variety. Service was excellent. I wish the space was a little larger.Special Features:
- SimpleDisappointedVIPDined on 7/26/2014Just go! You just can't put something this exquisite in words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiniguffMiniguffVIPDined on 7/24/2014Will's is located on a side street with other restaurants. It is a small cozy place with a few outside tables. We sat outside because of the very pleasant evening. The staff was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. We had read about the owner plus friends of ours had been there. We had been excited for months to go. We were not disappointed. The presentation was outstanding. The dishes were very creative. We enjoyed very much the taste of his creations. We were introduced to the owner/Chef. A very personable man and very friendly. You can tell he really enjoys cooking and meeting people. If you dine inside, expect some noise because it is a small place. We did note that Will's was busy and the other places were not. We loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravofoodiedudieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Will is wonderful; one of my favorite byobs. Every time is go I am wowed. Small menu but every taste is sublime. The Hen of the Woods mushroom starter was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLight123Dined on 7/19/2014Chris and his staff out did themselves. The presentation was impeccable and the taste was......amazing. I'm still dreaming about the gnocchi. I can't wait to go back and share the talents of WillByob with others! Thank you Chris!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to hear the conversationFancyVIPDined on 7/19/2014We came for my birthday--a party of 4 with an 8:15 reservation. We arrived right on time but had to wait outside about 15 or 20 minutes for our table. The service and food were well above average. The presentation is impressivene. The big drawback for me was the excessive noise. It truly detracted from the birthday celebration as we struggled to hear one another. I will not return before 9pm on a Sat as it's too busy and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWyoalDined on 7/19/2014Had the Tasting Menu. Started great with a wonderful cold corn soup and was downhill thereafter. Eric, our waiter, was a phoney who should find another calling, however, the rest of the wait staff was excellent . The low point may have been dessert; my wife had a dried out nut cake(maybe) and I a mundane pudding. Save the Taxi fare and eat up town. Maybe we were expecting too much - Philadelphia Magazine also did us a disservice with their rave review.
- Kitchen TalentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/16/2014We took advantage of the pre-fixe tasting menu the restaurant offered on 7/17 and it turned out to be one of the best meals we've ever had in Philly. Our previous trips to Will have all showcased inspired food, beautifully presented, seasonal, and high on the flavor scale, but the aformentioned tasting menu exceeded all prior meals. The heirloom tomatoes, the poached lobster, halibut with chorizo, lamb ribs, etc., were all memorable! If you want to be impressed, Will will deliver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariaGladwyneDined on 7/12/2014We felt rushed. I understand they want to do THREE settings per table per night but sometimes that does not work. Even it was more annoying when the other tables of four stayed on. We had a reservation at 8. Had to wait a few minutes to have the table set and by 9:45 we were told our time was up. It seem we sat in the one that had to be rushed out ever time. Killed the experience. Not worth it
- Great first time.FredfromReadingVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were looking for a new place to dine at on a Sunday and I had read an article about Will BYOB. What a find this little BYOB was, great service and wonderful food. The Sunday Prixe Fixe was a very good deal and my date and I got to sample very many dishes. One of the special touches was the Basil Jam served with the bread, very delicious. The Hudson Valley Foie Gras & Rabbit Terrine was outstanding. I hope for much success for Chef Kearse and his staff.Special Features: