1911 East Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
East Passyunk Avenue
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.willbyob.com/
- Phone: (215) 271-7683
- Hours of Operation:
We serve dinner five nights a week. Dinner reservations are available Wednesday through Thursday from 5:30p.m. to 10:00p.m. Friday and Saturday from 5:30p.m. to 11:00p.m. We offer a four course Prix Fixe menu on Sunday evening from 5:00p.m. to 10:00p.m. Join us every 3rd Tuesday of each month for out ingredient focused tasting menu 5 courses $55. Will BYOB is closed on Monday and Tuesday dinner services.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Kearse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you would like to entertain a select group of clients or host a reception throughout the entire restaurant, we offer a number of possibilites. For events of of guests or more please contact the reservation office.
- Private Party Contact: Doug.firstname.lastname@example.org 2152717683
- Cross Street: Mifflin & East Passyunk Ave
- Public Transit: Subway - Take the Broad Street Line to Tasker-Morris and walk two blocks east to East Passyunk Ave or to Snyder Ave and walk one block north to East Passyunk Ave.
Bus - Take the Route 23, Route 29 or C Bus on Broad Street, which all cross East Passyunk Avenue. The Route 2, 37, 47 and 47m.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available on the Avenue and in a municipal parking lot between Tasker and Morris for 50 cents per hour with a three hour maximum and free two hour parking is available on side streets.
There is also a Parkway garage on the NW corner of Broad and McKean Streets which offers secure parking just a few steps from the Avenue at affordable rates, including an evening rate of $5 after 5 p.m.
A word from Will BYOB
Will is a modern French inspired BYOB, located on East Passyunk Avenue in the heart of South Philadelphia. Chef and Owner Christopher Kearse, and his team, prepare a menu focused on its season, respecting French traditions along with classic and modern techniques to build a dining experience that evokes entertainment, excitement, and satisfaction.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Will BYOB - Best Restaurants in East Passyunk Avenue ›
Will BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (64)romantic (39)hot spot (18)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Imaginative and Well-Executed!ScotVIPDined on 11/19/2014Excellent, imaginative, well-executed menu. Kudos to the Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vibrant Dining ExperienceAnimatedxDinerDined on 11/18/2014From the animated ambiance, to the attentive waiting staff, and last (but certainly by no means least) to the picturesquely plated components - nothing disappointed. The variety of textures, colors, temperatures and techniques leads the diner into a state of appreciation and bewilderment. Bewilderment, only briefly, as you think of the time and precision that went into what will only be enjoyed for a few moments. Then, you taste. Perhaps dipping a spoon in the honey miso gel, spear a flaked piece sous-vide cod, or indulge in a generous spoonful of matsutake veloute. Each component in itself is unique, but put together, a resonating appreciation comes to light. Textures compliment, colors evoke memories, forms and shapes provide flow and intrigue, and flavors harmonize in the mouth as you utter a low "mmmmm" of satisfaction. If you're looking for an intellectually stimulating meal that entices the senses, look no further. It's a place you'll want to stay for 1-2 hours to simply delve into subtle nuances in tasting, not a "lets grab a quick bite" type of experience. Special occasions, certainly. Not the best for larger groups, unless booked in advance (limited seating).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandynorthportDined on 11/16/2014chef is amazingly talented. Everything was perfect from the food to the wait staff. Even the music playing was part of the wonderful dinner. Can't praise the chef enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Gets BetterDisappointedVIPDined on 11/15/2014Arguably the #1 eatery in Philly, and it gets better each time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BYOB on passyunklikes2eatOutDined on 11/13/2014Will BYOB was an absolute delight. Each dish was a culinary work of art. There were 4 people in our party and we all ordered different appetizers and main courses and we all loved our meals. ("Best steak I had in my life", "best chicken I ever had" etc). My husband thought it was a little noisy, but I found it acceptable. The service was attentive and I would definitely go back. Our bill came to $65 per person with gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm in Love!BeaGLVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our first experience was on a Sunday night for the prix fixe menu offering. What a delightful meal! Fun to have limited choices, but we wanted them all! Since everything is seasonal, I won't tempt you with specifics, but I don't say this lightly: Put Will BYOB on your bucket list of restaurants in Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularHungryManVIPDined on 11/1/2014Will is amazing, the food is at a level that is rare even in Philadelphia. Our server Oliver exceeded all of our expectations. He was that rare blend of being there when we needed something but not being obtrusive. he knew the menu inside and out and answered all of our questions professionally and with a smile. We did the chef's tasting and marveled how each course had many different tastes flavors textures and smells.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement dinnerApollyonJJDined on 10/31/2014I can't say enough great things about Will byob. Before arriving I asked my girlfriend to marry me (she said yes) but it took longer then I expected. Well Will saved our reservation and told me not to worry about being late. They also printed congratulations on the menu with the date! The food was simply amazing! I had the snails and beef and my now fiance ordered the foie gras and chicken. All 4 dishes were beautiful and packed with soo many flavors that each bite was like getting a glimpse of heaven. The service was wonderful and we were even given a complimentary oyster appetizer (which were the best I've ever had) and complimentary sorbet. I really can't say enough good things about Will byob. I can't wait to return to Will byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on East PassyunkmattpVIPDined on 10/31/2014Great dinnig experience!!! One of the best on East Passyunk - very well composed dishes with refined favors along with great service.Special Features:
- neighborhoodguyDined on 10/26/2014The food was exceptional. Very unique, creative and familiar. The staff was polite, informative, professional and courteous. The space was modern, Spartan, clean and in keeping with the cuisine. Loved the Emerson light bulb fixtures. At times, it was difficult to hear staff explain menu due to background noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularFoodGemsDined on 10/22/2014I cannot believe I haven't been here before. The food was utterly among the best I've ever had. Inventive dishes, gorgeous presentation, an explosion of flavors in every bite. The tasting menu at $65 was insanely good, and a bargain at that price for the quality and abundance of food. Will be back oftenSpecial Features:
- Mickey DiMickeyDiDined on 10/19/2014This was our first time at Will. It was fabulous. It is a bit noisy but the food and the service were excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Fantastic food. Fantastic service. The Sunday menu was fresh and exciting!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014We love the Sunday chef tastings. Every course is a delicious surprise and beautifully presented. Love the staff--very knowledgeable, professional, and so, so cordial!Special Features:
- ExcellentLinusVIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, service and all around experience. A delicious combination of presentation and taste. A must!Special Features:
- Foodies ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Everyone thinks they are a foodie but this restaurant makes that determination. This is a restaurant for people who eat food to experience new cooking techniques. Although everything my party ate was pleasing, it was not satisfying.Special Features:
- Intimate vibe and marvelous foodSouperbeDined on 10/10/2014The food was presented in such an interesting way! We especially loved the pumpkin soup and its presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!ckjdinerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Fantastic food! The Sunday prix fixe menu was creative and innovative and the service was great. This is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite BYOBsMicahBVIPDined on 9/27/2014Will BYOB is one of our most repeated restaurants. It seems to have only increased in popularity. While the selections are somewhat limited (about 6-8 first and second course choices each), they always accommodate dietary requests. Some of the charm--a visit by the Chef, an intermezzo--don't seem to happen anymore. Perhaps the downside of building up a large following. I'd love for them to take a look at our prior Open Table visits on occasion rather than always ask if this is our first time there (at Laurel or Zahav, they always start with "welcome back"). We still need to try the tasting menu option, which I'm sure is excellent. Perhaps next time. Because we always want to return.Special Features:
- Superb, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food is always fresh, local, imaginative, refined, and satisfying. The service is attentive and polished. Especially important for a BYOB, the wine service is knowledgeable.Special Features:
- still deliciousKathyDDined on 9/27/2014This was only our second time dining at Will, but we will be back. We had the chef's tasting menu this time; nice options, although the portions were just this side of too small; another mouthful or two would be better. That said, each option was carefully prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious. We were dining with another couple; in some courses, men were given one option and women another, with the (unspoken) understanding that we could share and/or swap our choices. Highlights included the hen of the woods mushroom; pumpkin potage; and both entrees (brook trout and culotte du boeuf). Bring a nice wine (or two) if you go; the food will be worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillKathyVIPDined on 9/26/2014How wonderful! Had the tasting menu for 4 of us! It was so fabulous. Having a number of appetizers and main courses gave us an opportunity to taste a number of yummy dishes. The waiter was so helpful, telling us about each course. We even got a chance to meet the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatyBDined on 9/26/2014My boyfriend has been wanting to check out this spot for quite some time after hearing rave reviews from others and we were not disappointed. Not only was the food excellent (we both did the chef tasting menu), but there were so many little touches that made the experience even better. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this delicate little treasure. The food, outstanding, the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another special occasion dinner!ivrnVIPDined on 9/26/2014Will BYOB has become our favorite place to celebrate special occasions. The staff were aware that it was a return visit for us as they welcomed us back when we arrived for our reservation. Our menus were printed with a banner of "Happy Anniversary" - a really nice touch. We ordered the tasting menu. Our waiter offered to inform the chef of our wine to ensure that the tastings matched. The food was fabulous. I can't say enough about how each course is creatively designed to combine flavorful ingredients that are cooked to perfection. Our favorite part of the meal is the presentation of the food, though. I can only compare it to being in an artist's studio. The colors, textures, shapes and composition of all plates are simply stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service, Tasting MenuZephyrDined on 9/25/2014Menu was super creative and well executed, plating was beautiful. Food ingredient quality was high. A real culinary adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be patient!kallieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was great. Waiter was great at ignoring us. He seemed to have some friends seated outside who he was talking to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What great servers they have!PHMikeyVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food at Will is always stunning. This chef has a gift that just keeps on giving. I eat there often and am additionally impressed every time. But the front of the house gang also deserves mention as they really are excellent. Intelligent, witty, friendly, and calmly efficient. It's like ballet watching them work. Attitude come from the top - so whoever orchestrates the front of the house is certainly a good one.Special Features:
- Almost perfectDiningDocVIPDined on 9/19/2014I dined here several times about a year ago, and then recently twice within 2 weeks. The food remains creative, the flavors beautifully balanced, and the quality of the ingredients is exceptional. My only quibble is that the baked goods are not at the same level as the rest of the food; the bread was flavorless and dry, and even the dessert baked goods and the lovely parting gift of madeleines were a little disappointing. But the food is worth it and I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I had the tasting menu and it was simply great. The first course, which was a soup, was a little sweet for my taste, but once I told them so, the following courses were exactly on point to my palette. I would love to go here again.Special Features:
- Good things come in small packagespassion4fdVIPDined on 9/6/2014Tiny restaurant, elbow room only-the downside being how tough it is to get a reservation for this new delicious restaurant. Well paired flavors and textures, fresh ingredients. We all got a small plate, entrée and desert and ate every bite. Despite being busy, service was good and the food well paced. I would certainly dine here again.Special Features:
- Great mealStraightFoodaDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed our meal at Will, the food was varied and very well done. The duck breast, beef, and trout were very good and had a lot of flavors. I really liked the pot de creme. The only issue is that we had to wait 25 minutes for our 8:30 table to be ready. However, they did offer us a free appetizer as an apology. Overall, a nice place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Hidden gemtwelVIPDined on 8/29/2014This bistro is comparable to the ones we recently had dinner when we were in Paris. Impeccable service, delicious food. Not a misstep in the tasting menu (which is a value at $65). After eating recently at some highly touted newer restaurants in Philly, this one stands head and shoulders above them.Special Features:
- Does not disappointBearVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everyone from the server to the kitchen genuinely makes an effort to make sure you have as special an experience as possible. I really enjoyed the presentation of the different dishes. The food is of the highest quality. It is wonderful experiencing something so unique and so good at the same time.Special Features:
- consistently excellent foodphillydinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Will. Once again the food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. This is definitely one of the top notch BYOB' s in Philadelphia. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and also appeared interested in what she told us. We will definitely be returning for a third, fourth....visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our meal here. The foie gras with rabbit terrine was a surprising combination of richness, taste and texture. The head-on shrimps were sweet and tender. The best part was the juicy shrimp heads which were so succulent. It was quite a treat .Special Features:
- In love with WillThePhillyPorkchopDined on 8/15/2014This is my second time dining at Will. The first time was phenomenol but this tune was perfect as well. We ordered the tasting menu and it did not disappoint. All the food was from local ingredients and delicious. Our server was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. I think Will is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia if not the best. I will absolutely be back. Thanks Chef Kearse for an awesome meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingDean1VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food here is always amazing, prepared with incredible sophistication and flavor. This is a restaurant not to be misssed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillBYOBWeekendDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food, service and comfortable dinning were all very good. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Will BYOBevv746Dined on 8/2/2014MY Wife and I went there for a recent anniversary and were provided with top of the line service, and they even recognized our anniversary in a creative way. In addition, the food was among the best we have had in Philadelphia, and Will completely lives up to a the reputation of one of new premier dining experiences in the city. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night outkmarcum06Dined on 8/1/2014Will was an incredibly pleasant experience all around. Knowledgeable staff: our waiter answered all of our questions about ingredients/sauces etc. The tasting menu was well balanced throughout the courses. Highlights were the chilled corn soup that was so smooth and tasted like the essence of summer corn, the burgundy snails had a honey miso sauce that was unexpected and delicious, and quite possible the best trout I've ever had. Will provided an unforgettable evening that I got to spend with my loved ones. We even got to see the kitchen and meet Chef Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.