Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
477 S. Third Street
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildwoodsteak.com/
- Phone: 6303778325
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sun-Thurs: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Fri-Sat: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Lounge:Sun:10:00am - 10:00pm; Mon:4:00pm-10:00pm, Tues-Thurs:11:30am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat:11:30am -12:00 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Corby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Wildwood's new elegant Private Dining room is the perfect location to host a dinner, luncheon, brunch or cocktail party for any special business or personal occasion. The Private Dining room can accommodate dinners of up to 80+ persons or cocktail parties up to 120 persons. View a virtual tour of our main dining room, lounge and private dining room on our website.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Neary (630)377-8325x
- Entertainment: The Wildwood lounge features live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Special Events: Periodic wine, beer and spirits dinners and events. Monthly cooking classes led by Executive Chef Corby.
A word from Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
Wildwood Restaurant in Geneva offers upscale American cuisine including oak-grilled steaks, fresh seafood, poultry, pasta and vegetarian dishes. Dine in the warm ambience of our dining room, upscale lounge or our spacious courtyard. Extensive wine, specialty beer and martini offerings complement Executive Chef Corby's dinner, lunch and ala carte Sunday brunch menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (34)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (18)good for groups (17)great for brunch (16)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great, service and ambiance was very good. Reservation and table ready on time. Very interesting and extensive menuSpecial Features:
- Not impressed with service/staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We dined at wildwood this past weekend and were very impressed with the quality of the food; however the demeanor of the staff was less than friendly and they did not go above and beyond to make the experience more enjoyable. The courses took a very long time to bring out and you expect to have high quality customer service when you are paying $30-50/ person. We will not be revisiting anytime soon!Special Features:
- Another Outstanding VisitLinbilDined on 9/16/2014We go to Wildwood on a fairly regular basis and our experiences have always outstanding. This latest visit was no exception....just an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Consistently satisfiedPk1reviewDined on 9/13/2014We always can depend on an excellent meal at Wildwood. Steak was cooked to perfection. Our server could not have been more attentive and friendly, and the roomy corner booth provided an excellent view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent menu and service. atmosphere okay, prices a little on the high sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly underwhelmedPOd1VIPDined on 9/13/20141. Asked for a corner booth via open Table. Hostess took us to a table. After reminding her, she seated us in the booth that was 3 feet away. Does this feature in Open Table not show up on the restaurant's monitor? Or do the people who read what is on the monitor - simply ignore the guest's wishes? p.s. the restaurant was un-crowded at 5:00 pm. 2. Owner (?) said hello to every table but ours. We were dressed nicely, quiet, and well behaved, three ladies, one man. We spent a good buck there. Obviously the owner (?) does not want our repeat business. We will be happy to oblige. 3. Food was good, albeit a bit more expensive for the quantities served, and a bit higher than comparable area restaurants. We will not go back.
- EvemvllcVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great wine list..good bar scene live music good jazz..food great specials...nice place for entertainment and business dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No rstavationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I received a confirmation email and when we arrived they did not have our reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSRWODined on 9/6/2014Great bar to wait for table - we arrived early and they were able to accommodate us (early reservation). Waiter was not fantastic but didnt spoil the experience. Loved the $10 brown bag gift wine table that night. Food was great, house red wine was fab for the price (Hahn Cab). Was celebrating a special occasion and indicated it on the Open Table reservation. Although the hostess recognized it, the waiter did not and they didnt offer a small dessert like other restaurants will. For price of the meal, a cup of ice cream with a candle would have been a nice gesture. Will come back but not for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencefil1220Dined on 9/6/2014The whole experience was wonderful. We were gteeted warmly and evrrything we ordered was cooked perfectly. We have eaten there before and will teturn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMitchDined on 9/2/2014Wildwood Restaurant in Geneva is my favorite restaurant in my hometown. I can always count on great service, and great food, prepared perfectly. What more can I say? I have never been dissapointed on any visit, and enjoy entertaining clients there.Special Features:
- Prime Rib to die forJmad514Dined on 8/29/2014Still the best place for Prime Rib in the Fox Valley. We always go big (16oz) as any leftovers make great sandwiches the next day. Our favorite for fine dining in this part of the burbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experiencesouschefDined on 8/28/2014I went to this restaurant with my girlfriend to celebrate my new position as a sous chef at a very well respected restaurant that will go unnamed. We both ordered filet mignon; in my opinion one of the easiest cuts of beef to cook. The steaks were requested medium. Both of our steaks were brought to us rare. My girlfriend ate two bites of her plate until I called over the manager. When we told him of our situation, he said that he would "throw the steak back onto the grill for us." As any steak connoisseur will tell you, this is a bad idea once the steak has been served and cut into; it will only dry out and become very unpleasant to eat. The manager would not comp the steak that his restaurant had ruined. Terrible food, worse management.Special Features:
- HorsewomenHorsewomenDined on 8/23/2014We needed a large table on short notice. Everything was well handled. Food was excellent. Staff attentive and knowledgeable. And as advertised, the wine list is great.Special Features:
- Great first time around..butBestwaitressEVERDined on 8/22/2014The first time my girlfriend and i went to wildwood, everything was flawless, but this second time we went, the steak I ordered was littered with fat and grissel. Inuad ordered a ribeye the first go around and that was an all but flawless cut of meat. I think I just simply got a one in a hundred steak, but I was still disappointed by it. That's why I give the restaurant 4 stars still. great place, I just had an unfortunate ordering experience. Its a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service was very responsive and flexible to our needs. I was entertaining some gustes from China and they enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerDucky24Dined on 8/17/2014My parents and I went to Wildwood for the first time this past Sunday to celebrate my birthday. We went per a recommendation from a Geneva resident. We sat on the outside patio and From the moment we walked in until the time we left, we felt like we were customers who mattered. The waitstaff was exceptional, especially our waitress Melanie. She made excellent recommendations (we took all of them) and really made my birthday dinner a wonderful celebration. Dad had the rib-eye steak, Mom had the white fish and I had the sea bass. All melted in your mouth and was cooked perfectly!! They even brought me some amazing birthday cake! Wildwood was the perfect place to celebrate and a wonderful venue for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Will come backjrhayesDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good, impressive craft beer menu. Ambiance was very warm and inviting. Only complaint was service was sub par despite it not being even slightly busy, but might have just been our server, noticed other staff being very attentive to other guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out!Dk61256Dined on 8/15/2014The weather was beautiful, service was excellent, and the food was attractively presented and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceliveforgoodthingsDined on 8/15/2014Wildwood is the only place we think of going when the event is special because they never disappoint. Food has always been cooked to perfection and the menu selection is beyond what you normally find at any other restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 8/14/2014A gracious and casual atmosphere with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDaveDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Wildwood. Very nice restaurant with good food and a good selection. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Geneva, IL GemKathleenCVIPDined on 8/9/2014We frequently go to Wildwood for their moderately priced brunch ordered off the menu. My 92 year old father loves Wildwood! We celebrated our anniversary there for dinner and had the most wonderful server, I think her name was Christine or Christy. We've had her as our server several times for brunch, but this was our first experience with her as our server for dinner. Food was excellent and the service excellent. We often bring my husband's employees from his dental office for dinner for our holiday party and food and service are always superior. There is also a small banquet room where my father hosted a brunch for his nieces and nephews. I've attended showers here and the food is always consistently good.Special Features:
- Great food, spotty serviceMikeDined on 8/9/2014The food can always be depended on to be consistently good, the service not so much. It is not uncommon to wait up to 10 mins before the server stops by to see if you need anything.Special Features:
- a delicious Sunday dinneralbrieVIPDined on 8/3/2014Geneva is very quiet on a Sunday night but Wildwood was a great spot for dinner. We were seated on the patio that had very comfortable seats, which is always a plus, and shared a bottle of wine and some appetizers. Everything was delicious and I definitely intend on returning to enjoy some entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMS from DGDMSfromDGDined on 8/3/2014We always enjoy Wildwood very much and go there whenever we are staying in Geneva. The staff is always friendly and delightful. Our usual waitress wasn't there but we were there on a different day. The food is always wonderful. Our very favorite thing is the seafood fondue... PLEASE don't ever take that off the menu. So so good. The specials are always thought out well and the staff is always willing to accommodate you - like if we'd like to share something instead of ordering separately. Do yourself a favor and check out this restaurant. We are always meaning to go for a special occasion but getaways to Geneva are always a special occasion. Enjoy!! :) Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKVBowersDined on 8/2/2014I am a frequent visitor to the Wildwood. Never been disappointed. Service, food, wine list - all perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable timwOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and went for a date night. We a a wonderful time. The food was excellent. Very good quality and great portion size. Our waiter was polite and friendly. We had a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014very good meal ,not too pricey and the service was spot on. One of those places that they don't hover ,but you never had to ask for what should be there.Special Features:
- SusieQSusieQDined on 7/25/2014I live in Chicago. My friend lives about the same distance west of Geneva as I do east of Geneva. We met at Wildwood for a quiet lunch where we could talk and catch up for a couple of hours this past Friday. We scheduled a late lunch, and the restaurant was not crowded. Our food was served promptly, and was delicious. Our server was friendly and encouraged our long conversation and leisurely lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always deliciouscindyx1Dined on 7/24/2014Wildwood is a great place for lunch or dinner, food is always great. May be a little pricey for some, but well worth it! One of the best Caesar salads around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealsuperbDined on 7/19/2014We went to this restaurant based on past experiences and to celebrate the recent job promotions for my son and daughter-in-law. The service started out excellent but our waiter became less attentive as he was assigned more and more tables. This is not a knock on our waiter but the management for assigning him too many tables. Our son and daughter-in-law were both given very large special desserts to celebrate their special occasion which was very generous of the restaurant. The food was excellent. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great DinnerDinehappyDined on 7/15/2014Excellent service at the bar and in the dining area. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- 44th proposal annLioncuoreDined on 7/7/2014We wanted to be outdoors and the place was perfect for this. The salads were delicious. The strip steak for my wife was done perfectly and tasty. I had the mahi mahi and would not order again. Small thin portion with dark pieces, didn't seem fresh, but then this is the Midwest. Dessert was a lemon tart plus and it was delicious and light enough to finish the meal. Oh yes, we each had a martini and they were excellent and not skimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Everything was outstanding! We all ordered something different and shared. We left feeling we ate too much but it was just so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeBillp422Dined on 7/6/2014A nice place amongst many shops and in a historic district. The restaurant has a very good selection of dishes including lobster rolls, prime rib, and lunch specials. The desserts like lemon angel cake and sorbet hits the spot. There is also a tempting chocolate place called Elwins right across the court.Special Features:
- wasn't impressednotimpressedDined on 7/5/2014Ordered the scallops appetizer and I wondered where the scallops were! Portion size was small for the price. My husband had the French onion soup which was delicious! Can't say the same for the shrimp bisque... tasted like tomato sauce with very tiny shrimp and croutons in it! The filet was good and the lamb chops were just ok. Oh and my husband ordered a glass of wine which was in a Champaign glass! If I was to reccomend a steakhouse to someone, I would say go to Naperville (Alexander's)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Awesome food and service. Hidden gem in Geneva! Loved it!Special Features:
- RPRRoadsterDined on 6/24/2014Elegant....comfortable....quality....not over bearing.....solitude and light...deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good...thebestdiningDined on 6/21/2014The staff is very nice, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.