Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
477 S. Third Street
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildwoodsteak.com/
- Phone: (630) 377-8325
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sun-Thurs: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Fri-Sat: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Lounge:Sun:10:00am - 10:00pm; Mon:4:00pm-10:00pm, Tues-Thurs:11:30am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat:11:30am -12:00 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Corby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Wildwood's new elegant Private Dining room is the perfect location to host a dinner, luncheon, brunch or cocktail party for any special business or personal occasion. The Private Dining room can accommodate dinners of up to 80+ persons or cocktail parties up to 120 persons. View a virtual tour of our main dining room, lounge and private dining room on our website.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Neary (630)377-8325x
- Entertainment: The Wildwood lounge features live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Special Events: Periodic wine, beer and spirits dinners and events. Monthly cooking classes led by Executive Chef Corby.
A word from Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
Wildwood Restaurant in Geneva offers upscale American cuisine including oak-grilled steaks, fresh seafood, poultry, pasta and vegetarian dishes. Dine in the warm ambience of our dining room, upscale lounge or our spacious courtyard. Extensive wine, specialty beer and martini offerings complement Executive Chef Corby's dinner, lunch and ala carte Sunday brunch menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva - Best Restaurants in Geneva ›
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (40)great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (36)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (28)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- pony2VIPDined on 11/20/2014food is delicious. the thursday raw bar deal is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location and pleasant environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/16/2014Service is pretty good at this restaurant. The food is mixed. Family loved the beignets that come with the meal. Salads good. The meals were mixed. Potatoes with the crabcake dish were cold for two of us. Omlets reportedly good. Deserts have a nice variety, a bit in the super sweet side, but gelato was quite good. In the summer we have dined at the outdoor area which is quite lovely. A pleasant place to dine when visiting Geneva.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014The waitress ignored my wife, speaking only to me, never asking her any question. The food was mediocre to say the least. My pot roast was heavy on sauce and my wife's duck was tasteless. The dessert, chocolate mousse was extremely thick, not a mousse at all. This is the second time in a row we were disappointed with this restaurant.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was great, service good, huge wine list. Very noisy, couldn't hear our group talk...Special Features:
- Second visitJandTsgetawaysDined on 11/8/2014This was our second visit and the wife was just as thrilled with her seafood risotto as she was the first time. My prime rib was good, but nothing to rave about. Especially for $34. While I'm certain we will return, I have had many better dining experiences for the $140 (as well as for less) than I spent for this dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice RestaurantfastfoodDined on 11/7/2014Took my wife there for her birthday with some friends and we were not disappointed. The menu was diverse with lots of good choices. The service level was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningScottDined on 11/6/2014we were celebrating our 2 year anniversary. I wanted a special venue. Wildwood definitely provided an awesome experience.Special Features:
- A Great Birthday Celebrationluv2dineDined on 11/3/2014We chose the Wildwood Restaurant for a small family gathering for Mom's 91st birthday. I requested a quiet, round table in the corner. We were seated in an area all by ourselves, which was perfect!! (Mother has trouble hearing when there is too much noise around her.) Our waiter could not have been more attentive. We never felt forgotten. As always, the food was perfect!! Mom even had candles in her chosen dessert -- chocolate ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatMitchVIPDined on 10/30/2014I can always count on an excellent experience and excellent food at Wildwood.Special Features:
- Used to be GreatCampyDined on 10/25/2014We've been here several times in the past and the moderately high prices were always worth it. This time, the service was so-so and the food was the same. Not what we've come to expect for Wildwood.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodfoodie53015Dined on 10/22/2014Great food and the service was wonderful! Thank you, made for a great group dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Beautiful restaurant and the food was excellent. We thought the service could've been a little better. The waiter seemed rushed and not very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MicheleDined on 10/18/2014the four of us all enjoyed our food. The menu was varied enough so that everyone could find something they wanted. Our server was amazing, he really knew the food on the menu, was very helpful and had no problem with some changes we wanted to make. The only negative thing I can say is if you like cucumber martinis like I do make sure you tell them NOT to put pomegranate in it, tastes all wrong.Special Features:
- Seafood & Steaks & MoreDiningdivaVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had lunch at Wildwood. The Lobster Rolls were the best we have ever had and accompanied by homemade potato chips. The decor was comfortable and relaxing. Our server was personable and professional. I look forward to returning for dinner soon.Special Features:
- Great location and ServiceCubfan78Dined on 10/11/2014However I was not impressed with the food. The steaks were cooked perfectly but they lacked flavor even with the horseradish crust (which really wasnt a crust) The server was great and knowledgeable. I doubt I will be back in the restaurant. However the bar looked like a nice place for an app
- A memorable anniversary!ImnursemurrayDined on 10/10/2014We have eaten at Wildwood for breakfast, lunch and brunch, but never dinner. We had the pleasusre of eating our anniversary dinner there the other night. We had early (6pm) reservations on Friday night and it was not crowded. We had a young yet knowledgeable waitress who was friendly and efficient. We had the crab cakes as appetizer - nothing really special. We decided to have the prime rib for dinner. Both our steaks were done exactly the way we ordered - medium. I had the parmesan au gratin potatoes which were delicious. Since I stated that the reservation was for our anniversary, our waitress surprised us with a lovely little piece of chocolate cake with raspberry mousse and dark chocolate chip filling. Yummy! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb ChopsTryinNewPlacesDined on 10/10/2014A very nice place to enjoy a good meal. Seems like portions are getting smaller than in the past. I had lamb chops which were good but quite a bit smaller than times in the past. Too mucho she's potatoes doesn't make up for the lack in the chops. Excellent crab n shrimp hors devour. Our waitress Michelle was pleasant. Kids burger a bit charred on the edges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014We have been to this restaurant 5 or 6 times and have enjoyed it. We were entertaining friends recently and were quite disappointed. Our server had an edge that evening and acted like she would rather not be there. We spent quite a lot of money actually. Most of the food was very good, one dinner was just average. At the end we were the last table remaining. It became quite clear that the server was ready to leave. We discovered that she had gotten her coat out and placed it over a chair. We had appetizers, dinner, cocktails, wine, dessert and coffee so we were definitely spending money. However, it was not a good feeling to get the "bum's rush" at the end and we will seriously consider whether we go back.
- Nice atmosphereJaniDined on 10/4/2014Food was good, but pricey. Our waitress for superb and very accommodating. Great atmosphere. Enjoy the entertainment (blues) in the bar afterwards. Looks like they have a nice outdoor area for dining in the summertime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodChuckVIPDined on 10/3/2014I was entertaing a potentional client and his wife for dinner every was great met the owner Patrick very nice the waitress was nice attentive and the food was great
- Wonderful EveningmarciagDined on 9/27/2014We had friends visiting from Wisconsin and thought that Wildwood would be an excellent choice for dinner. The 4 of us had a fantastic dinner, excellent service, and lovely outdoor seating. We all enjoyed the food, ambiance, and ability to converse in the outdoor setting. Absolutely a winner!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotPaulOVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was really good and I thought the food was fine, nothing really special, but Wildwood does a nice job.Special Features:
- Poor serviceploughmanDined on 9/23/2014Everything fine until we paid with $70 gift card (part of bill). Waiter told us no value on card..he seemed rather suspicious. Explained it had been bought just the day before by our son as 25th anniversary gift. We had to pay on our own card and an owner came over and did nothing to help..just told me to phone his partner the next day. No effort to smooth over their mistake or make amends. Turned out their machine had charged my son $70 but not transferred the value to the card and they made us call them the next day to sort it out. A restaurant that wants good reputation for service would have made a much greater effort to fix it right then and offered dessert or something to apologize. Friends we told were amazed by the poor response.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great, service and ambiance was very good. Reservation and table ready on time. Very interesting and extensive menuSpecial Features:
- Not impressed with service/staffSP13Dined on 9/20/2014We dined at wildwood this past weekend and were very impressed with the quality of the food; however the demeanor of the staff was less than friendly and they did not go above and beyond to make the experience more enjoyable. The courses took a very long time to bring out and you expect to have high quality customer service when you are paying $30-50/ person. We will not be revisiting anytime soon!Special Features:
- Another Outstanding VisitLinbilDined on 9/16/2014We go to Wildwood on a fairly regular basis and our experiences have always outstanding. This latest visit was no exception....just an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Consistently satisfiedPk1reviewDined on 9/13/2014We always can depend on an excellent meal at Wildwood. Steak was cooked to perfection. Our server could not have been more attentive and friendly, and the roomy corner booth provided an excellent view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent menu and service. atmosphere okay, prices a little on the high sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly underwhelmedPOd1VIPDined on 9/13/20141. Asked for a corner booth via open Table. Hostess took us to a table. After reminding her, she seated us in the booth that was 3 feet away. Does this feature in Open Table not show up on the restaurant's monitor? Or do the people who read what is on the monitor - simply ignore the guest's wishes? p.s. the restaurant was un-crowded at 5:00 pm. 2. Owner (?) said hello to every table but ours. We were dressed nicely, quiet, and well behaved, three ladies, one man. We spent a good buck there. Obviously the owner (?) does not want our repeat business. We will be happy to oblige. 3. Food was good, albeit a bit more expensive for the quantities served, and a bit higher than comparable area restaurants. We will not go back.
- EvemvllcVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great wine list..good bar scene live music good jazz..food great specials...nice place for entertainment and business dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No rstavationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I received a confirmation email and when we arrived they did not have our reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSRWODined on 9/6/2014Great bar to wait for table - we arrived early and they were able to accommodate us (early reservation). Waiter was not fantastic but didnt spoil the experience. Loved the $10 brown bag gift wine table that night. Food was great, house red wine was fab for the price (Hahn Cab). Was celebrating a special occasion and indicated it on the Open Table reservation. Although the hostess recognized it, the waiter did not and they didnt offer a small dessert like other restaurants will. For price of the meal, a cup of ice cream with a candle would have been a nice gesture. Will come back but not for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencefil1220Dined on 9/6/2014The whole experience was wonderful. We were gteeted warmly and evrrything we ordered was cooked perfectly. We have eaten there before and will teturn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenVIPDined on 9/6/2014Been here several times.....EVERY time it is EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMitchVIPDined on 9/2/2014Wildwood Restaurant in Geneva is my favorite restaurant in my hometown. I can always count on great service, and great food, prepared perfectly. What more can I say? I have never been dissapointed on any visit, and enjoy entertaining clients there.Special Features:
- Prime Rib to die forJmad514Dined on 8/29/2014Still the best place for Prime Rib in the Fox Valley. We always go big (16oz) as any leftovers make great sandwiches the next day. Our favorite for fine dining in this part of the burbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experiencesouschefDined on 8/28/2014I went to this restaurant with my girlfriend to celebrate my new position as a sous chef at a very well respected restaurant that will go unnamed. We both ordered filet mignon; in my opinion one of the easiest cuts of beef to cook. The steaks were requested medium. Both of our steaks were brought to us rare. My girlfriend ate two bites of her plate until I called over the manager. When we told him of our situation, he said that he would "throw the steak back onto the grill for us." As any steak connoisseur will tell you, this is a bad idea once the steak has been served and cut into; it will only dry out and become very unpleasant to eat. The manager would not comp the steak that his restaurant had ruined. Terrible food, worse management.Special Features:
- HorsewomenHorsewomenDined on 8/23/2014We needed a large table on short notice. Everything was well handled. Food was excellent. Staff attentive and knowledgeable. And as advertised, the wine list is great.Special Features:
- Great first time around..butBestwaitressEVERDined on 8/22/2014The first time my girlfriend and i went to wildwood, everything was flawless, but this second time we went, the steak I ordered was littered with fat and grissel. Inuad ordered a ribeye the first go around and that was an all but flawless cut of meat. I think I just simply got a one in a hundred steak, but I was still disappointed by it. That's why I give the restaurant 4 stars still. great place, I just had an unfortunate ordering experience. Its a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service was very responsive and flexible to our needs. I was entertaining some gustes from China and they enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.