Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
477 S. Third Street
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildwoodsteak.com/
- Phone: 6303778325
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sun-Thurs: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Fri-Sat: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Lounge:Sun:10:00am - 10:00pm; Mon:4:00pm-10:00pm, Tues-Thurs:11:30am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat:11:30am -12:00 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Corby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Wildwood's new elegant Private Dining room is the perfect location to host a dinner, luncheon, brunch or cocktail party for any special business or personal occasion. The Private Dining room can accommodate dinners of up to 80+ persons or cocktail parties up to 120 persons. View a virtual tour of our main dining room, lounge and private dining room on our website.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Neary (630)377-8325x
- Entertainment: The Wildwood lounge features live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Special Events: Periodic wine, beer and spirits dinners and events. Monthly cooking classes led by Executive Chef Corby.
A word from Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva
Wildwood Restaurant in Geneva offers upscale American cuisine including oak-grilled steaks, fresh seafood, poultry, pasta and vegetarian dishes. Dine in the warm ambience of our dining room, upscale lounge or our spacious courtyard. Extensive wine, specialty beer and martini offerings complement Executive Chef Corby's dinner, lunch and ala carte Sunday brunch menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildwood Restaurant - Geneva reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (42)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (23)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Beautiful restaurant and the food was excellent. We thought the service could've been a little better. The waiter seemed rushed and not very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MicheleDined on 10/18/2014the four of us all enjoyed our food. The menu was varied enough so that everyone could find something they wanted. Our server was amazing, he really knew the food on the menu, was very helpful and had no problem with some changes we wanted to make. The only negative thing I can say is if you like cucumber martinis like I do make sure you tell them NOT to put pomegranate in it, tastes all wrong.Special Features:
- Seafood & Steaks & MoreDiningdivaVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had lunch at Wildwood. The Lobster Rolls were the best we have ever had and accompanied by homemade potato chips. The decor was comfortable and relaxing. Our server was personable and professional. I look forward to returning for dinner soon.Special Features:
- Great location and ServiceCubfan78Dined on 10/11/2014However I was not impressed with the food. The steaks were cooked perfectly but they lacked flavor even with the horseradish crust (which really wasnt a crust) The server was great and knowledgeable. I doubt I will be back in the restaurant. However the bar looked like a nice place for an app
- A memorable anniversary!ImnursemurrayDined on 10/10/2014We have eaten at Wildwood for breakfast, lunch and brunch, but never dinner. We had the pleasusre of eating our anniversary dinner there the other night. We had early (6pm) reservations on Friday night and it was not crowded. We had a young yet knowledgeable waitress who was friendly and efficient. We had the crab cakes as appetizer - nothing really special. We decided to have the prime rib for dinner. Both our steaks were done exactly the way we ordered - medium. I had the parmesan au gratin potatoes which were delicious. Since I stated that the reservation was for our anniversary, our waitress surprised us with a lovely little piece of chocolate cake with raspberry mousse and dark chocolate chip filling. Yummy! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb ChopsTryinNewPlacesDined on 10/10/2014A very nice place to enjoy a good meal. Seems like portions are getting smaller than in the past. I had lamb chops which were good but quite a bit smaller than times in the past. Too mucho she's potatoes doesn't make up for the lack in the chops. Excellent crab n shrimp hors devour. Our waitress Michelle was pleasant. Kids burger a bit charred on the edges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014We have been to this restaurant 5 or 6 times and have enjoyed it. We were entertaining friends recently and were quite disappointed. Our server had an edge that evening and acted like she would rather not be there. We spent quite a lot of money actually. Most of the food was very good, one dinner was just average. At the end we were the last table remaining. It became quite clear that the server was ready to leave. We discovered that she had gotten her coat out and placed it over a chair. We had appetizers, dinner, cocktails, wine, dessert and coffee so we were definitely spending money. However, it was not a good feeling to get the "bum's rush" at the end and we will seriously consider whether we go back.
- Nice atmosphereJaniDined on 10/4/2014Food was good, but pricey. Our waitress for superb and very accommodating. Great atmosphere. Enjoy the entertainment (blues) in the bar afterwards. Looks like they have a nice outdoor area for dining in the summertime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodChuckVIPDined on 10/3/2014I was entertaing a potentional client and his wife for dinner every was great met the owner Patrick very nice the waitress was nice attentive and the food was great
- Wonderful EveningmarciagDined on 9/27/2014We had friends visiting from Wisconsin and thought that Wildwood would be an excellent choice for dinner. The 4 of us had a fantastic dinner, excellent service, and lovely outdoor seating. We all enjoyed the food, ambiance, and ability to converse in the outdoor setting. Absolutely a winner!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotPaulOVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was really good and I thought the food was fine, nothing really special, but Wildwood does a nice job.Special Features:
- Poor serviceploughmanDined on 9/23/2014Everything fine until we paid with $70 gift card (part of bill). Waiter told us no value on card..he seemed rather suspicious. Explained it had been bought just the day before by our son as 25th anniversary gift. We had to pay on our own card and an owner came over and did nothing to help..just told me to phone his partner the next day. No effort to smooth over their mistake or make amends. Turned out their machine had charged my son $70 but not transferred the value to the card and they made us call them the next day to sort it out. A restaurant that wants good reputation for service would have made a much greater effort to fix it right then and offered dessert or something to apologize. Friends we told were amazed by the poor response.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great, service and ambiance was very good. Reservation and table ready on time. Very interesting and extensive menuSpecial Features:
- Not impressed with service/staffSP13Dined on 9/20/2014We dined at wildwood this past weekend and were very impressed with the quality of the food; however the demeanor of the staff was less than friendly and they did not go above and beyond to make the experience more enjoyable. The courses took a very long time to bring out and you expect to have high quality customer service when you are paying $30-50/ person. We will not be revisiting anytime soon!Special Features:
- Another Outstanding VisitLinbilDined on 9/16/2014We go to Wildwood on a fairly regular basis and our experiences have always outstanding. This latest visit was no exception....just an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Consistently satisfiedPk1reviewDined on 9/13/2014We always can depend on an excellent meal at Wildwood. Steak was cooked to perfection. Our server could not have been more attentive and friendly, and the roomy corner booth provided an excellent view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent menu and service. atmosphere okay, prices a little on the high sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly underwhelmedPOd1VIPDined on 9/13/20141. Asked for a corner booth via open Table. Hostess took us to a table. After reminding her, she seated us in the booth that was 3 feet away. Does this feature in Open Table not show up on the restaurant's monitor? Or do the people who read what is on the monitor - simply ignore the guest's wishes? p.s. the restaurant was un-crowded at 5:00 pm. 2. Owner (?) said hello to every table but ours. We were dressed nicely, quiet, and well behaved, three ladies, one man. We spent a good buck there. Obviously the owner (?) does not want our repeat business. We will be happy to oblige. 3. Food was good, albeit a bit more expensive for the quantities served, and a bit higher than comparable area restaurants. We will not go back.
- EvemvllcVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great wine list..good bar scene live music good jazz..food great specials...nice place for entertainment and business dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No rstavationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I received a confirmation email and when we arrived they did not have our reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSRWODined on 9/6/2014Great bar to wait for table - we arrived early and they were able to accommodate us (early reservation). Waiter was not fantastic but didnt spoil the experience. Loved the $10 brown bag gift wine table that night. Food was great, house red wine was fab for the price (Hahn Cab). Was celebrating a special occasion and indicated it on the Open Table reservation. Although the hostess recognized it, the waiter did not and they didnt offer a small dessert like other restaurants will. For price of the meal, a cup of ice cream with a candle would have been a nice gesture. Will come back but not for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencefil1220Dined on 9/6/2014The whole experience was wonderful. We were gteeted warmly and evrrything we ordered was cooked perfectly. We have eaten there before and will teturn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMitchDined on 9/2/2014Wildwood Restaurant in Geneva is my favorite restaurant in my hometown. I can always count on great service, and great food, prepared perfectly. What more can I say? I have never been dissapointed on any visit, and enjoy entertaining clients there.Special Features:
- Prime Rib to die forJmad514Dined on 8/29/2014Still the best place for Prime Rib in the Fox Valley. We always go big (16oz) as any leftovers make great sandwiches the next day. Our favorite for fine dining in this part of the burbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experiencesouschefDined on 8/28/2014I went to this restaurant with my girlfriend to celebrate my new position as a sous chef at a very well respected restaurant that will go unnamed. We both ordered filet mignon; in my opinion one of the easiest cuts of beef to cook. The steaks were requested medium. Both of our steaks were brought to us rare. My girlfriend ate two bites of her plate until I called over the manager. When we told him of our situation, he said that he would "throw the steak back onto the grill for us." As any steak connoisseur will tell you, this is a bad idea once the steak has been served and cut into; it will only dry out and become very unpleasant to eat. The manager would not comp the steak that his restaurant had ruined. Terrible food, worse management.Special Features:
- HorsewomenHorsewomenDined on 8/23/2014We needed a large table on short notice. Everything was well handled. Food was excellent. Staff attentive and knowledgeable. And as advertised, the wine list is great.Special Features:
- Great first time around..butBestwaitressEVERDined on 8/22/2014The first time my girlfriend and i went to wildwood, everything was flawless, but this second time we went, the steak I ordered was littered with fat and grissel. Inuad ordered a ribeye the first go around and that was an all but flawless cut of meat. I think I just simply got a one in a hundred steak, but I was still disappointed by it. That's why I give the restaurant 4 stars still. great place, I just had an unfortunate ordering experience. Its a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service was very responsive and flexible to our needs. I was entertaining some gustes from China and they enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerDucky24Dined on 8/17/2014My parents and I went to Wildwood for the first time this past Sunday to celebrate my birthday. We went per a recommendation from a Geneva resident. We sat on the outside patio and From the moment we walked in until the time we left, we felt like we were customers who mattered. The waitstaff was exceptional, especially our waitress Melanie. She made excellent recommendations (we took all of them) and really made my birthday dinner a wonderful celebration. Dad had the rib-eye steak, Mom had the white fish and I had the sea bass. All melted in your mouth and was cooked perfectly!! They even brought me some amazing birthday cake! Wildwood was the perfect place to celebrate and a wonderful venue for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Will come backjrhayesDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good, impressive craft beer menu. Ambiance was very warm and inviting. Only complaint was service was sub par despite it not being even slightly busy, but might have just been our server, noticed other staff being very attentive to other guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out!Dk61256Dined on 8/15/2014The weather was beautiful, service was excellent, and the food was attractively presented and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceliveforgoodthingsDined on 8/15/2014Wildwood is the only place we think of going when the event is special because they never disappoint. Food has always been cooked to perfection and the menu selection is beyond what you normally find at any other restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 8/14/2014A gracious and casual atmosphere with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDaveDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Wildwood. Very nice restaurant with good food and a good selection. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Geneva, IL GemKathleenCVIPDined on 8/9/2014We frequently go to Wildwood for their moderately priced brunch ordered off the menu. My 92 year old father loves Wildwood! We celebrated our anniversary there for dinner and had the most wonderful server, I think her name was Christine or Christy. We've had her as our server several times for brunch, but this was our first experience with her as our server for dinner. Food was excellent and the service excellent. We often bring my husband's employees from his dental office for dinner for our holiday party and food and service are always superior. There is also a small banquet room where my father hosted a brunch for his nieces and nephews. I've attended showers here and the food is always consistently good.Special Features:
- Great food, spotty serviceMikeVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food can always be depended on to be consistently good, the service not so much. It is not uncommon to wait up to 10 mins before the server stops by to see if you need anything.Special Features:
- a delicious Sunday dinneralbrieVIPDined on 8/3/2014Geneva is very quiet on a Sunday night but Wildwood was a great spot for dinner. We were seated on the patio that had very comfortable seats, which is always a plus, and shared a bottle of wine and some appetizers. Everything was delicious and I definitely intend on returning to enjoy some entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMS from DGDMSfromDGDined on 8/3/2014We always enjoy Wildwood very much and go there whenever we are staying in Geneva. The staff is always friendly and delightful. Our usual waitress wasn't there but we were there on a different day. The food is always wonderful. Our very favorite thing is the seafood fondue... PLEASE don't ever take that off the menu. So so good. The specials are always thought out well and the staff is always willing to accommodate you - like if we'd like to share something instead of ordering separately. Do yourself a favor and check out this restaurant. We are always meaning to go for a special occasion but getaways to Geneva are always a special occasion. Enjoy!! :) Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKVBowersDined on 8/2/2014I am a frequent visitor to the Wildwood. Never been disappointed. Service, food, wine list - all perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable timwOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and went for a date night. We a a wonderful time. The food was excellent. Very good quality and great portion size. Our waiter was polite and friendly. We had a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features: