10223 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildwoodkitchenrw.com/
- Phone: 3015711700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:59pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Newland, Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site Catering available, see www.wildwoodkitchenrw.com or contact Julie@marcelsdc.com
- Special Events: Offers mixology classes in a private setting. Contact Wildwood Kitchen
A word from Wildwood Kitchen
A Robert Wiedmaier restaurant at the Shops at WildwoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildwood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Wildwood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (83)great for lunch (52)special occasion (39)great for brunch (28)romantic (22)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014On a par with its sibling restaurants. Does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood restaurant.Yumyum1Dined on 8/22/2014Wildwood Kitchen is a great neighborhood restaurant. The menu is limited in variety. What they do serve is very good. Prices are high for the neighborhood, more like downtown Bethesda. Portions are small but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Went with wife for a 1:00 PM lunch on a Friday. Food was excellent. Scallop appetizer memorably good. Bread was excellent perhaps a curse for anyone who is middle aged or older. Spouse had an entree of tomato salad with a large portion of swordfish. Fish was brilliantly cooked and the dish was quite tasty. I had lamb meatballs which were also excellent. The food listed above with a bit of wine was as much as one could eat for lunch. Overall a good dining experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats -- nice placekarenVIPDined on 8/21/2014Offerings are eclectic. Some that I have had were outstanding; most were very good. Have not had any that I did not like. Service is ourstanding -- quick, pleasant, concerned but not cloying. Ambience is light and welcoming. Seating is not crowded. Bar at front always seems occupied, but not noisy. Not inexpensive, but a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing with healthy foodTennoDined on 8/14/2014I was dealing with a tense family situation and ate at the restaurant withy sister and niece. My sister is very judgmental about restaurants and good. She had nothing but positive comments about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant has a menu that is short but very interesting. Unfortunately, it is an echo chamber, which makes it very difficult to converse normally with your dinner companion. I went with my daughter and specifically requested a booth at the back because of the noise levels. First they tried to seat us at a table in the middle. When I asked, they agreed to put us in a booth. Unfortunately the booth next to us had two very loud guys in it. Spoiled the entire meal. Why do restaurants with a lot to offer (good food, service, etc.) design their spaces so that customers can't talk normally with someone when they're spending $100 or more for a meal together????
- Good but not WOWGizmoDined on 8/11/2014It was a good restaurant. I would say a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisedinerdinerDined on 8/7/2014Unpretentious little restaurant in a strip mall several miles from the center of town. Interior comfortable and very inviting. Service was friendly and gracious. Interesting albeit limited menu. My wife and I shared a delicious pate with rustic bread as an appetizer. My lamb meatballs were wonderfully seasoned and my wife had a very tasty steak. Nice wine list but somewhat on the expensive side. Definitely worth the short ride from the center of town!Special Features:
- Very pleasent eveningElisabethDined on 8/5/2014We two ladies had a very pleasant dinner. The food was delicious and beautifully served. We wanted to share our entrees. The waiter went back and re-plated so we had 2 plates for each entrée, each nicely arranged. The restaurant is small and very nicely decorated. It would be a romantic place for a couple. We ate early on a weeknight and it was fairly quiet. By the time we left, every table was full and the noise level had risen. I will be back regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh - so so at bestefromKDined on 8/3/2014Not all that impressed given the prices they charge for entrees! Potomac Grill is a home run compared to this place...
- Good experiencejudalineDined on 8/2/2014Good, reliable food, friendly if not always alert service, convenient and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lw51Dined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent and efficient, except that the wine arrived 5 minutes after the entree and the port arrived 5 minutes after the dessert. The food uses very high quality ingredients and is well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D JacksonFranceMadeMeAFoodieDined on 7/30/2014The octopus salad was excellent and its presentation was appealing. The strip steak was tender and flavorful. My husband got the whole trout and absolutely loved it also.Special Features:
- LAMB MEATBALLS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/29/2014I don't even care for lamb, but I swear those meatballs are insanely good! They are so light and fluffy & yummy!!!! All food tried has always been good. This is a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual strip mall restaurantClaireDined on 7/26/2014The meals start with fabulous crusty bread. Of the four meals we had, the two fish (salmon and swordfish) and duck were delicious. The veggies in the salads and the side dishes were cooked just the right amount. The seafood stew/soup, a daily special, was the only dish rated just o.k. All in all, much better food and ambience than you expect from your local strip mall restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and care shines through.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Attention to detail is the name of the game here. I have eaten here three times in the past month and have found the food, cocktails, and service excellent each time. The cocktails are inventive and delicious, and the warm and wildly flaky bread is extraordinary. I could almost stop there. The seasonal appetizer of watermelon salad with goat cheese is memorable, as are the seafood dishes with their perfect small accompaniments. The lemon pudding cake with pistachio crust and blueberries may well be the perfect dessert. The service is well timed, attentive, and friendly. The ambience is warm and welcoming. Everything shows the signs of quality and care. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- good food but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was good but expensive for what you get. The prices are commiserate with prices in upscale DC restaurant, not MD shopping center restaurant.
- Nice diningPjdinerDined on 7/23/2014Food and service were very good and it was an enjoyable dining experience. A little high priced for the evening, but still a nice eveningSpecial Features:
- paokansasVIPDined on 7/23/2014Always very good. Great Caesar salad and yummy sandwich.Special Features:
- foodiegoddessDined on 7/22/2014Our first time at Wildwood Kitchen and it was a big hit. We are very particular about our restaurants as hubby is a Chef and in the culinary business and me, I just love great cuisine Bottom line, it was excellent, we highly recommend it, and it is our new favorite place and we plan to go back with friends next week.Special Features:
- NervousRexVIPDined on 7/20/2014Once again a very nice meal at WK. Our waitress was very attentive and accomodating, especially to my son who loves the lamb meatball. Please take care on the doneness of the salmon, a bit over cooked. Another pleasant time. We will be back again. Thanks to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRky1Dined on 7/19/2014Stopped by for dinner on a weekend night. The food was wonderful and well-prepared. The portions were filling but did not result in being over-stuffed. The service was attentive but non-instrusive, and the environment was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerdavidmDined on 7/19/2014Had a really enjoyable dinner at Wildwood kitchen. There is no kids menu, and with two children that could have been an issue. That said, the restaurant staff accommodated our kids beautifully and split a full-size entree between them. The food was delicious - great flavor combinations and perfectly prepared. Excited to return and try something else from the menu. It is relatively expensive for family dinner but worth a visit nonetheless.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodKathyFVIPDined on 7/19/2014The scallops appetizer with bacon and mushrooms was wonderful. From the brunch menu, I had poached eggs over house-smoked salmon hash. Very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Service AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014Service=excellent; food=excellent; accommodating with flair and gusto: excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner w/ my girlfriendnemesisreviewsDined on 7/10/2014had plans to go to a concert at Strathmore and this was close by, figured it would be a winner since it's a Weidmeyer restaurant. Food and service were very good, and they also put a candle in my girlfriend's dessert. The atmosphere is kind of suburban and quiet since the place is in a strip mall, but besides that it's a nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ServiceAmyHDined on 7/3/2014It almost wouldn't have mattered how good the food was… (but of course out always really does!) From the moment we walked in -- to the time we left the restaurant, our service was perfect. We were treated with GREAT respect. The food was excellent and plated to perfection. Everything came out in a timely manner. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014My Husband and I were very pleased with this restaurant. The food was delicious and I loved that they make their own tonics!Special Features:
- Lunch DateDRdiningoutVIPDined on 7/3/2014Met an old friend for lunch; picked a place near my office. Wildwood Kitchen deserves its fine reputation. Wait staff welcoming; table quiet so we could talk undisturbed, which we did long after the meal. Offerings perfect for lunch - light to substantial offerings with flexible salads to which you could add chicken, shrimp, beef. I had the BELT (a BLT with Egg and Avocado) - an excellent summer special. We left feeling refreshed and grateful we made the right choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantDrDineDined on 6/29/2014I have dined at Wildwood Kitchen many times since they first opened for business. I cannot say enough positive things about this fine restaurant. The food is fantastic and the staff is skilled and friendly. There are many dining options in this neighborhood, but we keep coming back to Wildwood Kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Not Quite Up to ParHenryVIPDined on 6/25/2014We were there on a weeknight. The food was a little spotty in terms of preparation and quality. I have been there several times and usually enjoy what I order. Maybe it was just a bad night.
- What a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was great - from the decor to dessert. Cocktails are interesting twists on old favorites, wines are good, and the food - divine. Waiters attentive but didn't rush, plates delivered only when it was time (hate getting my main while still eating my appetizer, which far too many restaurants do). Specials the night we went were absolutely wonderful - love the interesting seasonings that take a meal from good to sublime. Caution: Can you make an utter pig of yourself with the delicious bread and flavored olive oils.Special Features:
- fine dining without the pretensekmisketVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was excellent and the service was top notch. The servers were very friendly, knowledgable and attentive. The decor is tranquil and not at all pretentious. You can really relax and enjoy the amazing food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- RedbirdRedbirdVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great service and great food that is consistently delicious, fabulous bar tenders that take pride in every drink and creation they make from their specialty tonics....awesome crispy bread service in the evening with infused olive oils. The chef meets and greets when time permits and adds that warm touch of class....our go to place that always makes you feel welcome with a consistent, great dining experience. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealbonvivantDined on 6/20/2014I have eaten both lunch and dinner at Wildwood Kitchen and have always enjoyed their innovative cocktails, wonderful food and terrific, friendly service. The staff seem invested in their food and drinks and are always genuinely friendly and helpful. I have never felt rushed and have always enjoyed my meal. Great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:
- It was so good, we will come back!spousedateDined on 6/19/2014We arrived early for our table and waited at the very well stocked bar. The chef de cuisine, himself, came to offer us an apetizer; a succulent octopus... We were seated at a little booth for two; very romantique... The food is excellent and beautifully presented (clams, scallops, sea food stew special of the day and lamb meatballs, peach tarte and home made sorbet)... a flawless experience... We will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my very favorite placesFoodGuruVIPDined on 6/18/2014A great place to have a wonderful meal with fantastic service. Chef owned and inspired dishes - a delightful surprise for those who haven't made it there. But make reservations! It's a small place that gets busy quickly. Did I say, they use grass-fed beef, organic foods? And, they have wonderful coffee and bread.Special Features:
- Service was very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/17/2014This is the second time I have had lunch at Wildwood Kitchen. My first experience was pleasant, but my second was not. I meet friends for lunch, our order taken, but waiting 25 minutes for our meals, I called the waiter over to ask about the delay. He had not entered our order into the computer. We waited another 25 minutes before being served. After asking for the check, we waited another 10 minutes for it and then were handed the wrong check. Disappointing as the was a first visit for my friends.Special Features:
- Interesting menugoodeatsDined on 6/17/2014Good choices, imaginative recipes, and a great asparagus soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, solid restaurantNoraYDined on 6/15/2014We went here for Father's Day and I've been here for lunch before with co-workers. The food is amazing and the presentation is just as wonderful. The price is reasonable. I will say though, they seem to be a bit under staffed, so the service was a bit slow. Other than that it's a great restaurant and I highly recommend going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.