10223 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildwoodkitchenrw.com/
- Phone: 3015711700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:59pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Newland, Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site Catering available, see www.wildwoodkitchenrw.com or contact Julie@marcelsdc.com
- Special Events: Offers mixology classes in a private setting. Contact Wildwood Kitchen
A word from Wildwood Kitchen
A Robert Wiedmaier restaurant at the Shops at WildwoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildwood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Wildwood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (78)great for lunch (42)special occasion (33)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (15)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Exceptional ServiceNervousRexVIPDined on 10/19/2014Very nice night out on a midweek night. The food was good as expected, however the service was great. Very pleasant waiter with a great attitude. Thank you again and keep up the good workI would recommend this to a friend.
- MHRrVIPDined on 10/19/2014Excellent food. poor service. We were seated at 4:30 on a Sunday and were the only people in the restaurant. The entire staff of 6 went back to the kitchen and chatted, laughed and giggled for about 10 min. We had to go find them to take our drink order. Food was worth it; but with 6 idle (busboy, waiters and bartenders) it was frustrating to have to go seek help - twiceSpecial Features:
- Cozy place in BethesdaRussianDined on 10/13/2014A very nice atmosphere and good style of decoration. A very good wine list, although expensive, which is not a surprise as it's located in a wealthy neighborhood.Special Features:
- Excelent Food and ServiceKonferencekingDined on 10/10/2014I had a business lunch at Wildwood Kitchen. The food was wonderful. Great Service. I thought I was dining at a DC fine dining restaurant in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great if you like artisan cocktailscmakDined on 10/9/2014Love the alchemy happening at the bar. Very nice server and pretty place. The food was good...pricey but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodbbg1776VIPDined on 10/8/2014Great meal. Excellent service with Jonathan. Enough variety of choices toakwveoom it interesting but limited enough to keep quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectunseen18VIPDined on 10/4/2014We continue to dine here because they always get it right. The food, service and the cool vibe from the very pretty bar and dining room are perfect! You can't find better food anywhere in the area. I think that says it all. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Service was very slow. Had to ask about the food twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We have visited Wildwood Kitchen several times. The food on Tuesday was not as good as it's been in the past. My beef shank was rather bland, but my husband enjoyed his duck and the cod was probably the table favorite. Appetizers were good, not spectacular, and dessert was so-so (we had the coconut tart and fancy bread pudding). I enjoyed my glass of Tempranillo. Wine, beer, bar drinks selection is great as is coffee/tea service. Enduring assets: neighborhood feel and a quiet, relaxed atmosphere. I recommend WWK to friends often because it's quiet enough to have good conversation and I never feel rushed out of my seat. I was disappointed with the food this time, but the service was incredible as always.Special Features:
- Nice experienceChrisDined on 9/27/2014Service and food presentation were top notch; the food was quite good, starting with our appetizer and on through dessert. It seemed rather quite but picked up around 7PM on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Oh boy, let's eat!nannygoatDined on 9/24/2014This is a lovely little restaurant with fabulous food. I'm not much for spending a lot on eating out and had I had 3 courses plus drinks and wine, it would have broken my little bank. But the entree was enough and terrific; the French-pressed decaf coffee was also wonderful. Very, very happy. And there is an early-bird special on weekdays from 4-6 which allows indiscriminate splurging if you happen to like the small number of choices available. Unfortunately, I have too many dietary restrictions. Go for it!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent food and terrific ambiance. Menu and wine list are terrific. The restaurant provides a peaceful atmosphere in a great location.Special Features:
- Nice mealDateVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a good meal. Enjoyed it a lot. Good recommendation by the waiter to try the octopusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemRichDined on 9/20/2014From the pate to the cappuccino, this restaurant serves up a fabulous meal! Scallops were the best I ever tasted. It was all loved by a group of four diners. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Back again for a wonderful mealNervousRexVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again WK does a superb job. Enjoyed our food and service. Always a pleasure to dine with such wonderful staff .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday lunch with friendLoveeatingoutDined on 9/17/2014Food was delicious (lamb meat balls), service was courteous and unrushed, noise level was idea for comfortable, relaxing conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing food and serviceJudyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was just okay; One of us had what was billed as beef osso bucco, which was a dried out short rib with no sauce. Another had the seafood pasta, and the third had duck- okay, nothing great. Service was mediocre and had to wait a long time for our waiter/waitress to pick up our credit cards. I The place used to be better.Special Features:
- Always goodRANPotomacDined on 9/10/2014No matter whether you go for lunch or diner, the selections are always good. it is a fun lunch spot that turns into more of a date type restaurant in the evening. The staple on the menu are tasty and the specials are an added attraction.Special Features:
- best dinner in a long timeWeedMcCfromKtownDined on 9/7/2014We had an absolutely fabulous meal at Wildwood Kitchen. Our server, Ben, was outstanding. Zero complaints!!Special Features:
- Wildwood Kitchen what a treatMartDined on 9/5/2014We've eaten here before and had excellent meals. This time the chef exceeded himself; every part of the meals (four of us all had different meals) was outstanding. The foie gras appetizer was wonderful; possibly the best we've ever had. Soup and salads were also excellent. Both the rock fish and sword fish preparations were perfect and delicous. My Braised Short Rib Jus, Pappardelle Pasta was tender and delicious. We had an Alsatian reisling that was great with the food. The service was perfect, matching the food.Special Features:
- Wildwood KitchenCarrollDined on 9/3/2014My dinner was very good (braised beef) but the rest of our party ordered the special which was red snapper. The portion was very small as were the vegetables. Wine was a bit pricey for a neighborhood restaurant. The service was excellent though.Special Features:
- RandR in DCR2fromDCDined on 9/2/2014We've been to Wildwood Kitchen numerous times for dinner and it never fails to impress us with the consistent quality and creativity of its food offerings. Signature dishes such as the lamb meatballs are always good. The desserts are superb and just the right amount to sweeten your palate after a good meal. We went with friends this time and they are now loyal enthusiasts. Great place for dinner anytime you want a really good one!Special Features:
- ReviewerVIPDined on 9/2/2014I want to like this restaurant because it could be a great neighborhood place. In fairness, I have had one very good experience but this was not it. The service made a movie road side diner look like fine dining. Plates were thrown on our table. Two out of the three orders were wrong and had to be returned. The bus boy reached over glasses to take plates and clear condiments before all parties were finished eating. Their prices would be fine if guests were treated with respect and had an enjoyable experience but, in the atmosphere they created, their prices should be lower than McDonalds.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Had been before and LOVED this place - this time, after coming back four times and announcing that what we were interested in had just run out, the waitress said that at the end of the month they run out of everything...... but that all should be restocked again on Sept 1st!
- picky eatersnyssaDined on 8/30/2014Went with picky eaters who were very pleased with the food. Everyone had something different and everything was good. I plan to add this restaurant to my 'go to' list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014On a par with its sibling restaurants. Does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully an off night...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Wlidwood Kitchen had been one of our favorite spots in the area—until last night. The ambience was as handsome and the service as attentive as ever. But the food was a tremendous disappointment—my dining companion even got the runs. I'm hoping it was just an off night, but even so, given the price level customers have a right to consistent excellence in the kitchen.
- Neighborhood restaurant.Yumyum1Dined on 8/22/2014Wildwood Kitchen is a great neighborhood restaurant. The menu is limited in variety. What they do serve is very good. Prices are high for the neighborhood, more like downtown Bethesda. Portions are small but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Went with wife for a 1:00 PM lunch on a Friday. Food was excellent. Scallop appetizer memorably good. Bread was excellent perhaps a curse for anyone who is middle aged or older. Spouse had an entree of tomato salad with a large portion of swordfish. Fish was brilliantly cooked and the dish was quite tasty. I had lamb meatballs which were also excellent. The food listed above with a bit of wine was as much as one could eat for lunch. Overall a good dining experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats -- nice placekarenVIPDined on 8/21/2014Offerings are eclectic. Some that I have had were outstanding; most were very good. Have not had any that I did not like. Service is ourstanding -- quick, pleasant, concerned but not cloying. Ambience is light and welcoming. Seating is not crowded. Bar at front always seems occupied, but not noisy. Not inexpensive, but a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing with healthy foodTennoDined on 8/14/2014I was dealing with a tense family situation and ate at the restaurant withy sister and niece. My sister is very judgmental about restaurants and good. She had nothing but positive comments about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant has a menu that is short but very interesting. Unfortunately, it is an echo chamber, which makes it very difficult to converse normally with your dinner companion. I went with my daughter and specifically requested a booth at the back because of the noise levels. First they tried to seat us at a table in the middle. When I asked, they agreed to put us in a booth. Unfortunately the booth next to us had two very loud guys in it. Spoiled the entire meal. Why do restaurants with a lot to offer (good food, service, etc.) design their spaces so that customers can't talk normally with someone when they're spending $100 or more for a meal together????
- Good but not WOWGizmoDined on 8/11/2014It was a good restaurant. I would say a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisedinerdinerDined on 8/7/2014Unpretentious little restaurant in a strip mall several miles from the center of town. Interior comfortable and very inviting. Service was friendly and gracious. Interesting albeit limited menu. My wife and I shared a delicious pate with rustic bread as an appetizer. My lamb meatballs were wonderfully seasoned and my wife had a very tasty steak. Nice wine list but somewhat on the expensive side. Definitely worth the short ride from the center of town!Special Features:
- Very pleasent eveningElisabethDined on 8/5/2014We two ladies had a very pleasant dinner. The food was delicious and beautifully served. We wanted to share our entrees. The waiter went back and re-plated so we had 2 plates for each entrée, each nicely arranged. The restaurant is small and very nicely decorated. It would be a romantic place for a couple. We ate early on a weeknight and it was fairly quiet. By the time we left, every table was full and the noise level had risen. I will be back regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh - so so at bestefromKDined on 8/3/2014Not all that impressed given the prices they charge for entrees! Potomac Grill is a home run compared to this place...
- Good experiencejudalineDined on 8/2/2014Good, reliable food, friendly if not always alert service, convenient and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lw51Dined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent and efficient, except that the wine arrived 5 minutes after the entree and the port arrived 5 minutes after the dessert. The food uses very high quality ingredients and is well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D JacksonFranceMadeMeAFoodieDined on 7/30/2014The octopus salad was excellent and its presentation was appealing. The strip steak was tender and flavorful. My husband got the whole trout and absolutely loved it also.Special Features:
- LAMB MEATBALLS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/29/2014I don't even care for lamb, but I swear those meatballs are insanely good! They are so light and fluffy & yummy!!!! All food tried has always been good. This is a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.