10223 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildwoodkitchenrw.com/
- Phone: (301) 571-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:59pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Newland, Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site Catering available, see www.wildwoodkitchenrw.com or contact Julie@marcelsdc.com
- Special Events: Offers mixology classes in a private setting. Contact Wildwood Kitchen
A word from Wildwood Kitchen
A Robert Wiedmaier restaurant at the Shops at WildwoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildwood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Wildwood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)fit for foodies (88)great for lunch (45)special occasion (30)romantic (16)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ReviewerVIPDined on 11/18/2014none888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placewineloverDined on 11/14/2014Love the decor and the setting. Very comfortable spot for dinner, lunch, or drinks. Had a pumpkin soup, which was outstanding. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. Would appreciate a more European-centric wine list, but that's just me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/13/2014This is our go to neighborhood restaurant. Always a good dining experience. The soups are excellent, pumpkin this night and the fish is delicious and inventive, cod this time on white beans with truffle and leek sauce. Wait staff is polished and attentive. A true neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCdinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Definitely one of our favorites. It's great for the Bethesda crowd, but the parking is much easier than downtown Bethesda. The food and service are wonderful. The only drawback might be the size of the place. I don't think they can accommodate parties larger than 4. Small groups, large service.Special Features:
- Nice Surprise...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I met a friend for dinner last Saturday night and we had a very enjoyable meal. The soup speacial was awesome--roasted red pepper, and the Salmon was prepared perfectly. Compared to some other reviews, I thought the portion sizes were just right, very healthySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local restaurant!MomgheeDined on 11/8/2014We are so lucky to live near this place and be able to come often. Great food and always top notch service.Special Features:
- So glad we found this placeLikegoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014My husband is a great cook, so we rarely find restaurants that we like enough to return to. This is one that we look forward to returning to, soon! We went for brunch for a change of pace. We were so impressed. The pumpkin soup has a combination of subtle flavors that made it the best I have ever eaten. My husband raved about the roasted pepper soup too. The BLT and burger were both excellent. And the cappuccino was delicious. Service was attentive a quick. Thank you!Special Features:
- EdieDined on 11/1/2014I've always liked the food in this restaurant but the service sometimes is poor. During our recent visit, the waitress, who didn't seem interested in waiting tables, left us sitting for 10 minutes before we gave up and asked another waiter for coffee. She arrived not long after that but didn't seem concerned that we had signaled another waiter for help. In general, she seemed bored to be working there.Special Features:
- Tasty salads, relaxed atmosphereRhmddumDined on 10/30/2014I went for lunch with several friends from work. All of our meals were great. I especially enjoyed the beet salad and would probably get it again. This is a great restaurant for small groups. But, it's hard to get a table for more than 4 people. Since we had 5, we had to put a chair at the end of a table for 4, but it still worked out. Very casual and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/26/2014This was my third time here .. We had speacial And for some reason it was not up to par .. Too much Tomato sauce for the fish dish and was completely out if ballance ! And the portions got smaller!! ( the price is still same $$$ high!). If it's great food I don't mind paying ! But.... And my fav dish which was calimari grilled that all us raved about always ..was changed !!??? Why ? Don't change smth that's proven ! Bring it back !
- JoidevivJoidevivDined on 10/24/2014Always a delightful and delicious dining experience!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceNervousRexVIPDined on 10/19/2014Very nice night out on a midweek night. The food was good as expected, however the service was great. Very pleasant waiter with a great attitude. Thank you again and keep up the good workI would recommend this to a friend.
- MHRrVIPDined on 10/19/2014Excellent food. poor service. We were seated at 4:30 on a Sunday and were the only people in the restaurant. The entire staff of 6 went back to the kitchen and chatted, laughed and giggled for about 10 min. We had to go find them to take our drink order. Food was worth it; but with 6 idle (busboy, waiters and bartenders) it was frustrating to have to go seek help - twiceSpecial Features:
- Cozy place in BethesdaRussianDined on 10/13/2014A very nice atmosphere and good style of decoration. A very good wine list, although expensive, which is not a surprise as it's located in a wealthy neighborhood.Special Features:
- Excelent Food and ServiceKonferencekingDined on 10/10/2014I had a business lunch at Wildwood Kitchen. The food was wonderful. Great Service. I thought I was dining at a DC fine dining restaurant in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great if you like artisan cocktailscmakDined on 10/9/2014Love the alchemy happening at the bar. Very nice server and pretty place. The food was good...pricey but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodbbg1776VIPDined on 10/8/2014Great meal. Excellent service with Jonathan. Enough variety of choices toakwveoom it interesting but limited enough to keep quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectunseen18VIPDined on 10/4/2014We continue to dine here because they always get it right. The food, service and the cool vibe from the very pretty bar and dining room are perfect! You can't find better food anywhere in the area. I think that says it all. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice Neighbourhood restaurantDCFabGirlDined on 10/3/2014This was my first time dinning here last month. The food was pretty nice although nothing outrageous or extra ordinary. I ordered the lamb meat balls which were nice, arrived at table a bit cold; my party ordered salmon which was pretty standard. The best part of this experience was our waiter who was very well tuned with our needs, his timing was impeccable and made this whole visit delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Service was very slow. Had to ask about the food twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We have visited Wildwood Kitchen several times. The food on Tuesday was not as good as it's been in the past. My beef shank was rather bland, but my husband enjoyed his duck and the cod was probably the table favorite. Appetizers were good, not spectacular, and dessert was so-so (we had the coconut tart and fancy bread pudding). I enjoyed my glass of Tempranillo. Wine, beer, bar drinks selection is great as is coffee/tea service. Enduring assets: neighborhood feel and a quiet, relaxed atmosphere. I recommend WWK to friends often because it's quiet enough to have good conversation and I never feel rushed out of my seat. I was disappointed with the food this time, but the service was incredible as always.Special Features:
- Nice experienceChrisDined on 9/27/2014Service and food presentation were top notch; the food was quite good, starting with our appetizer and on through dessert. It seemed rather quite but picked up around 7PM on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Oh boy, let's eat!nannygoatDined on 9/24/2014This is a lovely little restaurant with fabulous food. I'm not much for spending a lot on eating out and had I had 3 courses plus drinks and wine, it would have broken my little bank. But the entree was enough and terrific; the French-pressed decaf coffee was also wonderful. Very, very happy. And there is an early-bird special on weekdays from 4-6 which allows indiscriminate splurging if you happen to like the small number of choices available. Unfortunately, I have too many dietary restrictions. Go for it!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent food and terrific ambiance. Menu and wine list are terrific. The restaurant provides a peaceful atmosphere in a great location.Special Features:
- Nice mealDateVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a good meal. Enjoyed it a lot. Good recommendation by the waiter to try the octopusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemRichDined on 9/20/2014From the pate to the cappuccino, this restaurant serves up a fabulous meal! Scallops were the best I ever tasted. It was all loved by a group of four diners. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Back again for a wonderful mealNervousRexVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again WK does a superb job. Enjoyed our food and service. Always a pleasure to dine with such wonderful staff .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday lunch with friendLoveeatingoutDined on 9/17/2014Food was delicious (lamb meat balls), service was courteous and unrushed, noise level was idea for comfortable, relaxing conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing food and serviceJudyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was just okay; One of us had what was billed as beef osso bucco, which was a dried out short rib with no sauce. Another had the seafood pasta, and the third had duck- okay, nothing great. Service was mediocre and had to wait a long time for our waiter/waitress to pick up our credit cards. I The place used to be better.Special Features:
- Always goodRANPotomacDined on 9/10/2014No matter whether you go for lunch or diner, the selections are always good. it is a fun lunch spot that turns into more of a date type restaurant in the evening. The staple on the menu are tasty and the specials are an added attraction.Special Features:
- best dinner in a long timeWeedMcCfromKtownDined on 9/7/2014We had an absolutely fabulous meal at Wildwood Kitchen. Our server, Ben, was outstanding. Zero complaints!!Special Features:
- Wildwood Kitchen what a treatMartDined on 9/5/2014We've eaten here before and had excellent meals. This time the chef exceeded himself; every part of the meals (four of us all had different meals) was outstanding. The foie gras appetizer was wonderful; possibly the best we've ever had. Soup and salads were also excellent. Both the rock fish and sword fish preparations were perfect and delicous. My Braised Short Rib Jus, Pappardelle Pasta was tender and delicious. We had an Alsatian reisling that was great with the food. The service was perfect, matching the food.Special Features:
- Wildwood KitchenCarrollDined on 9/3/2014My dinner was very good (braised beef) but the rest of our party ordered the special which was red snapper. The portion was very small as were the vegetables. Wine was a bit pricey for a neighborhood restaurant. The service was excellent though.Special Features:
- RandR in DCR2fromDCDined on 9/2/2014We've been to Wildwood Kitchen numerous times for dinner and it never fails to impress us with the consistent quality and creativity of its food offerings. Signature dishes such as the lamb meatballs are always good. The desserts are superb and just the right amount to sweeten your palate after a good meal. We went with friends this time and they are now loyal enthusiasts. Great place for dinner anytime you want a really good one!Special Features:
- ReviewerVIPDined on 9/2/2014I want to like this restaurant because it could be a great neighborhood place. In fairness, I have had one very good experience but this was not it. The service made a movie road side diner look like fine dining. Plates were thrown on our table. Two out of the three orders were wrong and had to be returned. The bus boy reached over glasses to take plates and clear condiments before all parties were finished eating. Their prices would be fine if guests were treated with respect and had an enjoyable experience but, in the atmosphere they created, their prices should be lower than McDonalds.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Had been before and LOVED this place - this time, after coming back four times and announcing that what we were interested in had just run out, the waitress said that at the end of the month they run out of everything...... but that all should be restocked again on Sept 1st!
- picky eatersnyssaDined on 8/30/2014Went with picky eaters who were very pleased with the food. Everyone had something different and everything was good. I plan to add this restaurant to my 'go to' list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014On a par with its sibling restaurants. Does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully an off night...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Wlidwood Kitchen had been one of our favorite spots in the area—until last night. The ambience was as handsome and the service as attentive as ever. But the food was a tremendous disappointment—my dining companion even got the runs. I'm hoping it was just an off night, but even so, given the price level customers have a right to consistent excellence in the kitchen.
- Neighborhood restaurant.Yumyum1Dined on 8/22/2014Wildwood Kitchen is a great neighborhood restaurant. The menu is limited in variety. What they do serve is very good. Prices are high for the neighborhood, more like downtown Bethesda. Portions are small but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.