225 Alameda Del Prado
Novato, CA 94949Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfoxrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (415) 883-9125
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 4:30pm-10:00pm
Happy Hour is now 7 days a week!!
3:00-6:00pm in our Bar and Lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Munther Massarweh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties in the dining room up to 25 people. The Patio can seat up to 50 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Massarweh 4158839125
- Entertainment: Offing Cigar smoking patio.
A word from Wildfox
Munther and Debbie Massarweh invite you to join them at Wildfox, a rustic mesquite-fired kitchen serving American comfort food. The menu features grilled chops, aged steaks, prime rib, burgers and fish with daily chef specials. The restaurant features include a patio, fireplaces, full bar and cocktail lounge. Enjoy the extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wildfox - Best Restaurants in Novato ›
Wildfox reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (27)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (23)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (11)romantic (10)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- LuchAimeeDined on 11/18/2014Great lunch with co-workers. Food and service were on point and the atmosphere was very upbeat and busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The double cut pork chops were unusually tough.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Our service waiter Kote was excellent and very efficient, polite and brought all food in a timely manner. He made our "birthday experience" very pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This was the best evening ever! Made reservations and the table was perfect. Our waitress was friendly, made great recommendations off of the menu and the steak and fresh vetables were superior!!! I highly recommend and give the Wildfox restaurant a purfect 10!!!Special Features:
- great luncheon placedotdotdotVIPDined on 10/28/2014We enjoyed our meals - Caesar Salad and Steak Frites. Cabernet Sauvignon - Frank Family was superb!Special Features:
- too busy on game nightDianeVIPDined on 10/22/2014We ate there on the second World Series games night. The bar was full and noisy and the wait staff only took care of the bar and lounge people. We had to ask for bread, water, and wine, ; and the ambiance of a lghted cancel on our table, instead of these being offered first. We waited more than 30 minutes before our order was taken. We made an early reservation 5:30 since we had an appointment elsewhere at 7:00. Our meal was served about 6:25. Because of the delays in service we weren't able to leave the restaurant until 6:50, and barely made our appointment on time. We have been there before and enjoyed the place, and probably will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014I have been going to Wildfox for over six years and I am rarely disappointed. Food is always consistently Delicious and I really like their specials. Had swordfish the other night and it was moist cooked to perfection with string beans that were nice an el dente.Special Features:
- Great Steak DinnergoldensynaxisDined on 10/14/2014We found this place based on the ratings in OpenTable and decided to come here for my girlfriend's birthday. It took a few minutes to get service, but after that point the service was outstanding. We started with the Short Rib Spring Rolls, which were buttery delicious. My girlfriend ordered the Filet Minon with Jack Daniels sauce, which came out perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. I ordered the ribs, which were a little dry but overall solid. We finished the night with the Bundt cake based on the servers recommendation, which was heavenly. This is definitely a place I plan on coming back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2014Scott is the perfect waiter….energetic, friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and all around nice guy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Novato restaurantluv2dineDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic food, friendly staff and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfoxOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Very popular spot; quite busy. We were taken care of in a timely manner in spite of the large amount of customers. The atmosphere was a little loud, but the food and the customer service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left after being ignoredwsisselDined on 9/20/2014I've been here many times in the past and have loved it. Not sure what's going on now. Went here Thursday night with a friend and had very mediocre service. Then came back Saturday night with my husband. We sat in the bar until our reservations at 6:45pm. We asked if we could be seated at 6:45pm which we were. We literally sat there for 15 mns. completely ignored. No water, no waiter, no one. We left. Won't be back for a while. Too bad.Special Features:
- great!!!!!!!!!!tikidadDined on 9/20/2014had a great dinner/birthday there. Love it here and have never had a bad meal there. Had a steak, brussell sprouts and a manhattan. So decadent for me. So good.Special Features:
- Good food. Good night.goodplacesDined on 9/19/2014Traveling to Novato for a wedding, we were also celebrating an anniversary. Leaving our home late, I went online to make reservations at Wildfox since it was next door to our hotel. I asked for special arrangements for our anniversary and all my requests were taken care of. The service was outstanding and the food quite good. Especially enjoyed the banana bread pudding for dessert. I would go back again and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experancerichbornDined on 9/19/2014I found the service excellent, The outdoor dining was very nice. Food was good. But I also found the menu pricy. I would not consider this restaurant as a place I would go on a regular bases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerDined on 9/17/2014This was our first time dining. Food & service was wxcellent. We were seated close to the kitchen which was noisy. We will definitely return, but ask for seating away from the kitchen. All in all, a good experience.Special Features:
- lunchMJHSDined on 9/17/2014The food was delicious. I would ask for the dressing on the side in the future. For my taste the dressing was too heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go here oftenSkizzlefritzDined on 9/15/2014Usually I'm pleased with the food here but Monday I had their sole special and it was terrible. My fish was burnedSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GemMoni2Dined on 9/15/2014The location and accessibility are great. You can never go wrong with the specials and most important the Chef will accommodate your request. The service is good and staff are friendly. Food and location is a good reason to visit and try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pork ChopjoyjoyDined on 9/10/2014Ordered the Pork Chop with the maple glazed butternut and substituted root vegetables instead of potatoes. Every bite was special. The flavors of the vegetables were amazing and the maple glazed butternut had me literally saying "YES" several times! We got there before 6, so it wasn't crowded. It was a great way to celebrate my honey's birthday.Special Features:
- Nice placeSuzieVIPDined on 9/7/2014The server was very sweet, but very busy. We sat outside which was nice, but it did get chilly once the sun went down. Food was good, but the fish and chips that I had was more like fish sticks--although delicious-- as all the pieces were really small which is a change since I tend to order them often here. I did have to send back a beer as it was flat, but they rectified the issue and things were fine. Staff is nice and setting is beautiful.
- the Marin business lunchNicknameDined on 9/5/2014I had to meet an out of town colleague for a business lunch. WildFox was perfect - quiet, location, service, food. My colleague was very happy - and that helped the meeting.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2014I can't lose here. Service and food are always predictably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeMyselfDined on 8/16/2014We were seated in the back of the main dining room. It was so noisy we could hardly converse. We asked the waiter for a quieter place and, no problem, we were moved into another adjacent room. We ordered our drinks and noticed we were all cold, due to the big overhead fans. We asked the waiter if they could be turned down. No problem; they were turned off. We ordered more drinks and dinner. The waiter was very patient and helpful. We felt the menu was a bit limited but our dinners were delicious.Special Features:
- Brussel Sprouts to die forPaizDined on 8/14/2014We had a thoroughly enjoyable lunch. The roasted brussel sprouts would appeal to even the pickiest of vegie eaters. The Western Burger lacked flavor, but the butterscotch brulee made up for it. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Good staple foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014If you are looking for a place to have a lunch or dinner that is simple and good, Wildfox may be just for you. Definitely try the spinach salad with strawberries... very good!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemMoni2Dined on 8/10/2014Easy to get to, plenty of parking. The food is very good, you can never go wrong with any dish. It can be romantic dining. Service was very good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for the PriceSteak4AlDined on 8/2/2014Had not been here for several years. Decided to give it a try and we were pleasantly surprised. The value is excellent. Prime Rib-eye as good as you'd find at Harris's or other SF steakhouse. Cooked to order with two great sides($49.00). My wife had very fresh and tasty Albacore tuna. Not Ahi but very tasty done rare. Good cocktails priced at $9.00. Place is casual perhaps a "tad" a bit too loud but it's OK. You cannot beat the quality quantity and service for the price. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor SeatingLucyDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner here to celebrate our son's 30th birthday. There's outside seating with a fireplace & heaters. Food & service were great. First time I've had a problem there with a few hornets flying around our outdoor table - traps are hung though so not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSnoopyDined on 8/2/2014Our food is always very good.the service is excellent.the staff are wonderful.the dessert is off the hook.WOW! Now that is a must.Everyone has to have at least one or two desserts to try.overall always yummie treatSpecial Features:
- Food not as good as it used to beNovatoDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We are frequent guests at Wild Fox. This last visit was disappointing. The grilled albacore tuna was not very good - dry, overcooked and tough. One of the lamb dishes was uneatable because it was so salty. Even though we mentioned it to the server, she did nothing to remedy the situation (offer a replacement dish or some other goodwill gesture). Overall a very disappointing experience this time around
- The following 600 reviews are from the Wildfox reviews archive.
- Quick, efficient, tastySffeederDined on 7/19/2014Made last minute reservations on Saturday night, arrived on time and then immediately seated. Restauarnt recommended by a friend from Petaluma, didn't really have many expectations other than grabbing a quick bite before heading back into the city. The restaurant has a very relaxed, mellow vibe-- wasn't too busy. I think it's a little dark, but no complaints about the ambiance. I guess they're striving for am old world feel. Our table of 5 ordered nice Malbec and two appetizers- calamari was excellent. Risotto was very good. Everyone ordered different entrees and seemed to be satisfied. I ordered the lamb papadrelle which was salty and can't recommend. Otherwise, portions were substantial. We left pretty much content.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Good Enough to Go AgainAlanDined on 7/19/2014Very average food. Quite loud. Server did a good job to start but got too busy and disappeared for along interval. The menu is very much oriented toward meat. Of the five pasta dishes three were with meet, one with prawns and one was vegetarian. Overall a disappointing experience especially given the great choices in Marin. I thought the prices were quite high for a restaurant of this caliber. The small clam chowder was $8.00.
- A Memorable EveningBubbaDined on 7/11/2014We mentioned to the host we were meeting old friends, and were seated in a corner booth. Perfect for the visit. Our server, Gabe was very attentive without being intrusive. The General Manager even came to our table to check on us, and sent each of us a small fish dish as an appetite teaser. Service was excellent, food was delicious and creative. I had to ask what Poki was, and decided to try it as an appetizer. It is a must, you've got to try it. Other appetizers ordered were brussels sprouts and pot stickers, both were excellent. Salmon and steak were ordered for the main dishes. We were not disappointed . There were way too many desserts to chose from, but the warm carmel bundt cake with homemade ice cream took the prize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise on a Date nightMollyMacVIPDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I had dinner here just this week and we were pleasantly surprised by the new (to us) menu. The service was great, the food was good and all in all it was a very good experience. There aren't many choices near Marinwood / Lucas Valley/Terra Linda and we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timejoefoodieDined on 6/29/2014We had a good experience at this restaurant. The seating time was good and the wait staff very attentive. The food was very good and the price fair. We will return. JoeSpecial Features:
- DisapointedJazzmanDined on 6/23/2014The beer was flat and sour. The chicken was tough. The corn-on-the-cob was probably frozen repeatedly to make it as bad as it was. The sauces were all sweet (beef rolls, ribs and chicken). The hostess didn't ask what we wanted for seating and tried to shove us into a booth next to the bar while the entire restaurant was very, very empty. The waitress did not offer us the complimentary salad and dessert that was listed on the menu for early diners (we were at our table by 5:35, under the 6 PM mentioned on the menu). She also did not offer us the 50% off special on wine that is supposed to be available on Mondays. I don't think we will be returning to the Wildfox.Special Features:
- jmthriveDined on 6/13/2014The wait staff at Wildfox was very attentive. The restaurant was busy and our waiter made it a point to check in with us to make sure that all was well. Food was great. It seems to have gotten better. Scott in particular always makes us feel welcomed and well cared for. The bar scene seems to spill over into the dining area making it somewhat noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favorites!Karin94947Dined on 6/7/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Novato area. Love dining on the terrace with the lovely fireplaces and wisteria. The food is really good and I always stay for my favorite dessert - Bundt cake with carmel sauce and home made butter pecan ice cream. Awesome!Special Features:
- Great find!TSizzleDined on 6/2/2014My wife and I had friends in town and we decided to give the Wildfox a try. What a great find, great atmosphere and a warm setting to enjoy dinner with friends. Loved the fair pricing on the mixed drinks and a solid wine list to choose from. The food though was the standout of the evening. AMAZING dishes basically comfort food all dressed up in a tux! Do not miss the double cut pork chop with a bacon infused green apple chutney, wow is an understatement! We will be back to enjoy the Wildfox again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelzerDined on 6/1/2014I had high hopes for Wildfox. My husband and I had pasta dishes. He had the papadelle and I had the angel hair with shrimp. His dish was very rich and robust with flavor, my dish was really bland, the shrimp were tough and the pasta too al dente. Our service was okay. We were never once asked if we wanted refills on our drinks and most places often offer Parmesan cheese when you order pasta, they didn't. The desserts were delicious. I may go back to try the pizza, but won't be ordering an entree. If you want a good dessert, I definitely recommend it!!Special Features: