225 Alameda Del Prado
Novato, CA 94949Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfoxrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4158839125
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday 4:30pm-10:00pm
Happy Hour is now 7 days a week!!
3:00-6:00pm in our Bar and Lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Munther Massarweh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate large parties in the dining room up to 25 people. The Patio can seat up to 50 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Massarweh 4158839125
- Entertainment: Offing Cigar smoking patio.
A word from Wildfox
Munther and Debbie Massarweh invite you to join them at Wildfox, a rustic mesquite-fired kitchen serving American comfort food. The menu features grilled chops, aged steaks, prime rib, burgers and fish with daily chef specials. The restaurant features include a patio, fireplaces, full bar and cocktail lounge. Enjoy the extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wildfox - Best Restaurants in Novato ›
Wildfox reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (13)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014This was our first time dining. Food & service was wxcellent. We were seated close to the kitchen which was noisy. We will definitely return, but ask for seating away from the kitchen. All in all, a good experience.Special Features:
- lunchMJHSDined on 9/17/2014The food was delicious. I would ask for the dressing on the side in the future. For my taste the dressing was too heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go here oftenSkizzlefritzDined on 9/15/2014Usually I'm pleased with the food here but Monday I had their sole special and it was terrible. My fish was burnedSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GemMoni2Dined on 9/15/2014The location and accessibility are great. You can never go wrong with the specials and most important the Chef will accommodate your request. The service is good and staff are friendly. Food and location is a good reason to visit and try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pork ChopjoyjoyDined on 9/10/2014Ordered the Pork Chop with the maple glazed butternut and substituted root vegetables instead of potatoes. Every bite was special. The flavors of the vegetables were amazing and the maple glazed butternut had me literally saying "YES" several times! We got there before 6, so it wasn't crowded. It was a great way to celebrate my honey's birthday.Special Features:
- Nice placeSuzieVIPDined on 9/7/2014The server was very sweet, but very busy. We sat outside which was nice, but it did get chilly once the sun went down. Food was good, but the fish and chips that I had was more like fish sticks--although delicious-- as all the pieces were really small which is a change since I tend to order them often here. I did have to send back a beer as it was flat, but they rectified the issue and things were fine. Staff is nice and setting is beautiful.
- the Marin business lunchNicknameDined on 9/5/2014I had to meet an out of town colleague for a business lunch. WildFox was perfect - quiet, location, service, food. My colleague was very happy - and that helped the meeting.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2014I can't lose here. Service and food are always predictably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeMyselfDined on 8/16/2014We were seated in the back of the main dining room. It was so noisy we could hardly converse. We asked the waiter for a quieter place and, no problem, we were moved into another adjacent room. We ordered our drinks and noticed we were all cold, due to the big overhead fans. We asked the waiter if they could be turned down. No problem; they were turned off. We ordered more drinks and dinner. The waiter was very patient and helpful. We felt the menu was a bit limited but our dinners were delicious.Special Features:
- Brussel Sprouts to die forPaizDined on 8/14/2014We had a thoroughly enjoyable lunch. The roasted brussel sprouts would appeal to even the pickiest of vegie eaters. The Western Burger lacked flavor, but the butterscotch brulee made up for it. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemMoni2Dined on 8/10/2014Easy to get to, plenty of parking. The food is very good, you can never go wrong with any dish. It can be romantic dining. Service was very good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for the PriceSteak4AlDined on 8/2/2014Had not been here for several years. Decided to give it a try and we were pleasantly surprised. The value is excellent. Prime Rib-eye as good as you'd find at Harris's or other SF steakhouse. Cooked to order with two great sides($49.00). My wife had very fresh and tasty Albacore tuna. Not Ahi but very tasty done rare. Good cocktails priced at $9.00. Place is casual perhaps a "tad" a bit too loud but it's OK. You cannot beat the quality quantity and service for the price. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor SeatingLucyDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner here to celebrate our son's 30th birthday. There's outside seating with a fireplace & heaters. Food & service were great. First time I've had a problem there with a few hornets flying around our outdoor table - traps are hung though so not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSnoopyDined on 8/2/2014Our food is always very good.the service is excellent.the staff are wonderful.the dessert is off the hook.WOW! Now that is a must.Everyone has to have at least one or two desserts to try.overall always yummie treatSpecial Features:
- Food not as good as it used to beNovatoDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We are frequent guests at Wild Fox. This last visit was disappointing. The grilled albacore tuna was not very good - dry, overcooked and tough. One of the lamb dishes was uneatable because it was so salty. Even though we mentioned it to the server, she did nothing to remedy the situation (offer a replacement dish or some other goodwill gesture). Overall a very disappointing experience this time around
- Quick, efficient, tastySffeederDined on 7/19/2014Made last minute reservations on Saturday night, arrived on time and then immediately seated. Restauarnt recommended by a friend from Petaluma, didn't really have many expectations other than grabbing a quick bite before heading back into the city. The restaurant has a very relaxed, mellow vibe-- wasn't too busy. I think it's a little dark, but no complaints about the ambiance. I guess they're striving for am old world feel. Our table of 5 ordered nice Malbec and two appetizers- calamari was excellent. Risotto was very good. Everyone ordered different entrees and seemed to be satisfied. I ordered the lamb papadrelle which was salty and can't recommend. Otherwise, portions were substantial. We left pretty much content.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Good Enough to Go AgainAlanDined on 7/19/2014Very average food. Quite loud. Server did a good job to start but got too busy and disappeared for along interval. The menu is very much oriented toward meat. Of the five pasta dishes three were with meet, one with prawns and one was vegetarian. Overall a disappointing experience especially given the great choices in Marin. I thought the prices were quite high for a restaurant of this caliber. The small clam chowder was $8.00.
- A Memorable EveningBubbaDined on 7/11/2014We mentioned to the host we were meeting old friends, and were seated in a corner booth. Perfect for the visit. Our server, Gabe was very attentive without being intrusive. The General Manager even came to our table to check on us, and sent each of us a small fish dish as an appetite teaser. Service was excellent, food was delicious and creative. I had to ask what Poki was, and decided to try it as an appetizer. It is a must, you've got to try it. Other appetizers ordered were brussels sprouts and pot stickers, both were excellent. Salmon and steak were ordered for the main dishes. We were not disappointed . There were way too many desserts to chose from, but the warm carmel bundt cake with homemade ice cream took the prize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise on a Date nightMollyMacVIPDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I had dinner here just this week and we were pleasantly surprised by the new (to us) menu. The service was great, the food was good and all in all it was a very good experience. There aren't many choices near Marinwood / Lucas Valley/Terra Linda and we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timejoefoodieDined on 6/29/2014We had a good experience at this restaurant. The seating time was good and the wait staff very attentive. The food was very good and the price fair. We will return. JoeSpecial Features:
- DisapointedJazzmanDined on 6/23/2014The beer was flat and sour. The chicken was tough. The corn-on-the-cob was probably frozen repeatedly to make it as bad as it was. The sauces were all sweet (beef rolls, ribs and chicken). The hostess didn't ask what we wanted for seating and tried to shove us into a booth next to the bar while the entire restaurant was very, very empty. The waitress did not offer us the complimentary salad and dessert that was listed on the menu for early diners (we were at our table by 5:35, under the 6 PM mentioned on the menu). She also did not offer us the 50% off special on wine that is supposed to be available on Mondays. I don't think we will be returning to the Wildfox.Special Features:
- jmthriveDined on 6/13/2014The wait staff at Wildfox was very attentive. The restaurant was busy and our waiter made it a point to check in with us to make sure that all was well. Food was great. It seems to have gotten better. Scott in particular always makes us feel welcomed and well cared for. The bar scene seems to spill over into the dining area making it somewhat noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favorites!Karin94947Dined on 6/7/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Novato area. Love dining on the terrace with the lovely fireplaces and wisteria. The food is really good and I always stay for my favorite dessert - Bundt cake with carmel sauce and home made butter pecan ice cream. Awesome!Special Features:
- Great find!TSizzleDined on 6/2/2014My wife and I had friends in town and we decided to give the Wildfox a try. What a great find, great atmosphere and a warm setting to enjoy dinner with friends. Loved the fair pricing on the mixed drinks and a solid wine list to choose from. The food though was the standout of the evening. AMAZING dishes basically comfort food all dressed up in a tux! Do not miss the double cut pork chop with a bacon infused green apple chutney, wow is an understatement! We will be back to enjoy the Wildfox again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelzerDined on 6/1/2014I had high hopes for Wildfox. My husband and I had pasta dishes. He had the papadelle and I had the angel hair with shrimp. His dish was very rich and robust with flavor, my dish was really bland, the shrimp were tough and the pasta too al dente. Our service was okay. We were never once asked if we wanted refills on our drinks and most places often offer Parmesan cheese when you order pasta, they didn't. The desserts were delicious. I may go back to try the pizza, but won't be ordering an entree. If you want a good dessert, I definitely recommend it!!Special Features:
- eatoutDined on 6/1/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday and they treated her with a dessert. Wait staff extremely friendly and a made our overall experience worthwhile. Food was good.Special Features:
- veggieDined on 5/23/2014Love the outdoor patio and fireplace seating.Wish there were more vegetarian options. Server very friendly.Special Features:
- The following 588 reviews are from the Wildfox reviews archive.
- Doesn't changeMargie43VIPDined on 5/15/2014The food is well priced for what you get. My cheeseburger was perfectly cooked and my husbands salmon was very good. Good place for grabbing a bite and having a real drink. Once we were served we never saw our server, Jose again. What ever happened to "How is everything?" or "Can I get you anything else?". His tip reflected his service. Back to school for you Jose.Special Features:
- Never disappointedBobbieDined on 5/13/2014When staying in the area we have dinner at Wildfox and we are never disappointed. From gourmet specials to individual pizzas there is something for everyone's taste. This restaurant is a nice find we can always count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother Day MenuRonDDined on 5/11/2014The menu was very limited for Mother's Day and over priced. We ordered the prime rib and it was dry the green been tasted very old and woody $40.00 . I watched one of the cooks using the microwave like crazy. Fresh or frozen food? I don't think we will be back.
- Not the best experience at wildfoxFamilymanVIPDined on 4/29/2014The Wildfox outdoor seating is not the best lots of bugs flying around. With the nice weather we're going to be having they should fix it up a bit.
- Always very good!RichardVIPDined on 4/28/2014I had the French Onion soup for an appetizer. Fantastic! One of the best you will ever have! Then I had two more appetizers as the main course: brussels sprouts, and pot stickers. Both were superb. The service was good, and the atmosphere is lovely. This is one of the best in Marin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer - great varietyPeteMVIPDined on 4/20/2014Lots of interesting options here - vegetarian, steak, seafood, and more. Our entire party of 4 enjoyed their selection.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!Posey12VIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch was excellent. Good food choices for everyone. Service was excellent. We really liked our server. She gave us great recommendations as well.Special Features:
- enjoyable eveningKathleenVIPDined on 4/13/2014We met another couple from Sonoma here since it's half way in between. The waitress was so kind and the food was very good. Both women had the short ribs which were very rich and very good. The men had the risotto and the chicken and both enjoyed their dinners, as well. We ate in the bar and it was quiet and a nice place for us to catch up since we hadn't seen each other for some time. You could actually here the conversation which we liked.
- Tastes not Nuanced, just OverdoneMarinEaterDined on 4/8/2014I have had such inconsistent meals at Wildfox. The environment is so nice that I keep trying it again. My last meal, lunch, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. It was super sweet and had blue cheese mixed in. Way too rich and it tasted like dessert. My table mates ordered risotto with chicken and it was very salty. One of them asked specifically if a dish was spicy and the helpful waitress changed the sauce, but when it came it was VERY spicy. I tried it, thinking my friend might be oversensitive, but no. The waitress was a vegetarian and she was trying to recommend meat dishes. It became clear she hadn't had a lot of what was on the menu. I am sorry to give it a bad review, but they do need to bring in a taste group...or something.
- One member of our party hadDianeDined on 3/30/2014One member of our party had a couple of off menu requests which were accommodated without question in a very gracious manner by our server and chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild Fox - IgnacioPaleoDietDined on 3/15/2014Menu lacked enough fish and vegan dishes. The chef has been doing the same thing for many years and the menu really needs some significant changes and more imagination, but if you want steaks and chops and heavier and predominantly meat-oriented American food, this is a nice place to go. Another problem is that it's hard to find from the freeway. Our waiter was polite and attentive, but he was the exception. My experience here s that the servers are mainly young people with little training and not much interest in the restaurant business and its clients.Special Features:
- 2 Shrimp SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2014The shrimp salad comes with two shrimp for $18.00. We asked the waiter and this is no mistake? How cheap. The bbq ribs were just so-so. The kids mac and cheese was stringy and not mixed well. The kids desert took 15 minutes to come. Used to like it. Not going back. Not recommending to anyone anymore. Bummer...
- Third Visit - Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2014The problem here was the food. We had a 6pm booking and it was obvious from the dry fries that they were not fresh. The medium steak I ordered was cremated! Well done and beyond! Root vegetables were good. Very disappointing.