Wildflower - Tucson
7037 N. Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildflower - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 5202194230x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am - 4pm
Daily 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Omar Huerta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wildflower has a beautiful climate controlled outdoor patio that can be used for private dining.
A word from Wildflower - Tucson
Wildflower sets the standard for innovative New American Cuisine featuring updated American classics with European and Asian influences. The menu changes often to take advantage of the freshest seasonal ingredients available. Wildflower has been named as one of Tuscon's Top 5 restaurants in the 2005 Tuscon Lifestyle Culinary awards; it is listed as one of Tuscon's top 10 restaurants in the Zagat Guide and has earned the 2004 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for its unique wine list. With over 80 wines by the bottle and 25 by the glass, Wildflower's wine list offers an excellent range of options for both the experienced wine connoisseur and the novice. The relaxed contemporary atmosphere of Wildflower’s dining room with its sunlit ceiling and inviting blue plush booths are reflected in the intimate lounge area and the lush, intimate climate controlled covered patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wildflower - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Wildflower - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (98)special occasion (87)fit for foodies (86)great for lunch (68)neighborhood gem (68)romantic (40)notable wine list (21)hot spot (19)great for brunch (19)good for groups (18)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)Show More
- Very niceFoodDudeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Not my favorite place but certainly worth a visit several times a year. The outdoor seating is especially pleasant as it tends to be less noisy. The menu is augmented by a soup and a fish special. The regular menu doesn't vary much though I could have done without the politically correct conversion of a Caesar salad to kale! A solid wait staff and an accessible wine list. Good bread and seasoned olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Nothing is great, but nothing is ever poorly done. Nice American food in nice atmosphere. Nothing special, but very convenient. Nothing as good in the immediate vicinity.Special Features:
- WineandDineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Wildflower has been my go-to dining spot for many years and I've never been disappointed. Service is great, food delicious and not the mainstream menu. Love their Seasonal Board and Spicy Shrimp Noodles! Their Tuesdays specials on bottles of wine are a real plus, and they'll happily re-cork any unfinished bottle for take-home. The patio is delightful (and quieter)in cooler weather than Monsoon's. Inside noise level is the only downside, imho, but then most establishments by this owner are too noisy due to poor internal construction for quiet conversational dining. All the shops near Wildflower are a bonus for a fun outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Short Rib Ravioli!!ILoveToEatDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was amazing. My boyfriend and I sat on the patio, which had a beautiful view of the mountains. I had the short rib ravioli, and it was probably the greatest thing I have ever tasted. Roasted mushrooms, peas, breadcrumbs, and a truffle cream sauce! Need I say more? GO EAT HERE!Special Features:
- Great service, great foodAZfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Had a good time at Wildflower. Came early (5:30pm) to catch the end of their Happy Hour. The Happy Hour menu was decent and even though we ordered an appetizer and wine off of it, I think there could have been more of a selection available. Still great tasting food from the menu and a good ambience.Special Features:
- Favorite for yearsItalianinaz1Dined on 8/6/2014All time favorite lunch or dinner spot for the last 10 plus years. Great business and family spot.Special Features:
- Great food bad serviceFoodcritic79Dined on 8/5/2014Food was very good just the waiter forgot everything we ordered took to long for everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner.TucsonfoodieDined on 8/5/2014We really enjoyed the 1/2 priced bottle of voigner wine. I was so looking forward to my birthday dessert of donuts and was not disappointed. Absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant in TucsonDickydinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Beware it can be noisy. During peak lunch and dinner times, you almost cannot have a conversation. Go in the off hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was amazing!Taylor26chefDined on 8/4/2014Wildflower is everything I was hoping it would be and more! The decor was very simple but extremely elegant. And the food was done just as well! I started with the cold smoked salmon appetizer, it was delicious. I had the short rib ravioli for dinner. Short rib is very flavorful and wasn't masked by the cream sauce and pasta. It was very delicate and delicious! I ended the night with the key lime tart, which was probably the best dessert I've ever had in my life. I'm a chef. I've eaten a lot of dessert and amazing food. The Cabernet sorbet served along side the tart was to die for. Definitely will be back to Wildflower when in Tucson. And will recommend it to anyone visiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphieDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food and outstanding service. Womers for good reason.Special Features:
- Usually goodMfmdocVIPDined on 8/1/2014Service was horrible. Very spotty. This is one of the best restaurants in Tuscon but not on this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourTooLoudDined on 8/1/2014A small group went for their weekday happy hour. $4 glasses of wine. Nice selection of small plates of food. Wasn't very crowded and wasn't loud at all. We could easily carry on a conversation. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always qualitymmtucsonDined on 7/30/2014This spot always manage to pleasantly surprise with their innovative selections. Our group enjoyed a roasted artichoke, carrot / ginger soup, a nicely prepared steak and diver scallops. Well seasoned, beautifully presented. Professional yet warm service.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperieneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014We were seated in the center of the room which is very wide open and spacious. The service was slow at first - it looked like they were understaffed. However, everyone seemed to work together. Even the hostess was serving food, bussing tables and assisting in any way that she was needed. The food was exquisite - the edamame dumplings were excellent! Great food and Awesome Ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014Difficult at times to even hear yourself think - believe we will try the patio next time because even the car noise would be less deafening ...Special Features:
- Great family birthday celebrationAZMDDined on 7/27/2014Son-in-law raved about the paella (new on menu?), I had my favorite papparedelle pasta with chicken, daughter was served tasty GF bread when requested. My husband's birthday dessert selection of apple crisp was great. Very noisy table behind us, but when they left, noise level was fine. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadow00Dined on 7/25/2014One of our favorite places to dine. Never disappointing.Special Features:
- Early dinnerdinnerfor2Dined on 7/24/2014Our meal was great as usual. Like to eat outside on the patio any time other than summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenVIPDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I eat at your restaurant often and definitely consider it one of our Tucson favorites.Special Features:
- Second timeSecondtimeDined on 7/19/2014Excellent plentiful menu options; very attentive staff; nice decor, not overly decoratedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014My mother and neighbor liked the patio because it was quieter. The natural chicken was delicious.Special Features:
- Terrific - as alwaysGreggDined on 7/17/2014This is one of our regular stops on our restaurant list. Food and service are consistently excellent! Can't go wrong dining here!Special Features:
- Great experienceontheroadDined on 7/16/2014We went to Wildflower for the first time for our anniversary. It was an excellent experience with amazing food, great service, and they even gave us a free dessert for our anniversary (and they wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate syrup on the plate). We had a wonderful and romantic evening and would definitely be interested in going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Took my husband here for his birthday lunch. Had an outstanding calamari appetizer - will definitely have again! The Korean tacos were very good as was the chicken salad sandwich. They gave him a nice cookie and chocolate dipped strawberries plate for dessert. Perfect for a special lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative and flavorfulNYMusicmanDined on 7/15/2014We very much enjoyed our lunch at Wildflower. The mix of horseradish gratin with grilled salmon was very imaginative, each flavor playing off the other very effectively. The turkey flatbread sandwich with tzatziki was likewise well-balanced in flavors. The airy dining room and open kitchen layout were both spacious and inviting. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- musselsDined on 7/12/2014Mussels prepared with Chorizo are fabulous! Service was a bit slow on a Saturday night even though they weren't very busy. Manager stopped by to ask how things were, which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodthenauticalnunDined on 7/11/2014We are very picky foodies and finding this place was an absolute godsend. The food was outstanding, atmosphere pleasant, and service good. The chocolate dish with sin in the name was unbelievable! Our anniversary celebration was delightful at them Wildflower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!CNS1228Dined on 7/11/2014We were a party of 4 with an early dinner reservation on a Friday in the summer. The food was excellent--everyone thoroughly enjoyed what they ordered. The service was pleasant and attentive. It was a little pricier than we anticipated and, perhaps, a little pricier than it warranted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy foridden riceonebizzylizzyDined on 7/11/2014As per usual, I ordered the scallops and forbidden rice. My scallops were overly salty on this visit, but the appetizers and sides were great.Special Features:
- The Perfect LunchGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 7/9/2014We dined recently for lunch, and our meal couldn't have been better. The staff is (and has always been) extremely professional. We were seated right away at a very lovely table overlooking the Catalinas. It was outside but the misters kept us comfortable despite the hot and humid weather. (It seems hard to get adequately working misters these days!). I started with a refreshing Lumberyard hefeweizen. The best to come was the food. My ahi salad was seriously one of the best I've ever had. The seared-rare ahi had a smokey flavor (from the mesquite grill), was sliced very thin (as it should be but "rarely" is) and was served over extremely fresh greens that were topped with a delicious soy vinaigrette dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 7/8/2014Great food, great service, good fun, will go back again and try the red meat and more deserts...Special Features:
- After the StormRedinkVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner on a Saturday after a heavy rain. The rin created problems with the outside seating and in turn that created problems inside. We had a wait for glasses of wine, as a result the manager gave us a complementary appetizer. Once we were served the mael was outstanding. Over the many times that we have eaten here we have always had a good meal. This is a great place to have dinner.Special Features:
- Top drawer all the wayComingBackDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant seems full of people all the time. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Menu choices are memorable. This has become my favorite Tucson area restaurant. Prices seem reasonable for the exceptional quality of the experience. Enjoy!Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointing1Dined on 7/5/2014Our friend just moved here and we thought Wildflower would be a good choice. Unfortunately it was disappointing. The noise level was awful…we couldn't have a conversation. The staff service was disappointing. We were asking other servers for assistance. The price of the food was not worth it. Definitely will not give a recommendation or will return.
- Great Food, Great Service. Healthy!theomahabuilderDined on 7/5/2014We love to try new places and repeat a few favorites. This is a new favorite! We started with a cheese board, modified to our request. Came with grill bread and other add-ons. Delicious. Went to a vegetable salad next. Fresh. Healthy. Shared paella for the entree. Best we've had. No mushy rice! Finished with pineapple upside down cake served with coconut ice cream. Good choice. Our server was great and adjusted the items to our taste. Kitchen was fast and split all our items for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphieDined on 7/4/2014Outstanding Restaurant with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DortDined on 7/3/2014The calamari was way over cooked..............it is usually just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special occasionAZMDDined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed our casual meal--cheeseburger was special (very rich!), my favorite is the Pappardelle with chicken, pine nuts and tomatoes. The pasta tastes homemade and is exquisite! Best item on the menu is the cinnamon yeast doughnuts with side of jam and custard--even doughnut holes! Coffee is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!KanikeDined on 6/27/2014Eating at a FOX restaurant is always a treat! Food is well-prepared with unusual twists, service is attentive but not overbearing, and atmosphere is pleasant. I just had a shaved roast beef sandwich, but it was very tasty. Best of all, no dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.