Wildflower - Tucson
7037 N. Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildflower - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: (520) 219-4230
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am - 4pm
Daily 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Omar Huerta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wildflower has a beautiful climate controlled outdoor patio that can be used for private dining.
A word from Wildflower - Tucson
Wildflower sets the standard for innovative New American Cuisine featuring updated American classics with European and Asian influences. The menu changes often to take advantage of the freshest seasonal ingredients available. Wildflower has been named as one of Tuscon's Top 5 restaurants in the 2005 Tuscon Lifestyle Culinary awards; it is listed as one of Tuscon's top 10 restaurants in the Zagat Guide and has earned the 2004 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for its unique wine list. With over 80 wines by the bottle and 25 by the glass, Wildflower's wine list offers an excellent range of options for both the experienced wine connoisseur and the novice. The relaxed contemporary atmosphere of Wildflower’s dining room with its sunlit ceiling and inviting blue plush booths are reflected in the intimate lounge area and the lush, intimate climate controlled covered patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wildflower - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Wildflower - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Decor, service and food all top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014Server was attentive, food fresh, timing spot on all with reasonable prices, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is good, but quantity is on the skimpy side.DinnerDined on 11/21/2014Service was good, my scallops is cooked just right. However, the mussels in my friend's Paella were over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1191 reviews are from the Wildflower - Tucson reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/21/2014Had a reservation for two, was placed in a cramped corner table. Asked for another table and was placed outside on the sidewalk with a defective space heater nearby. Recommend asking where seating is located prior to arriving if at all possible. Food was good but ambience was NOT. Evening was less pleasant than anticipated, particularly relative to previous visits. Overall experience was a minus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DeliciousDined on 11/20/2014Food was fantastic from appetizers to desert! Great to find a place this delicious in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HobbitDined on 11/20/2014Beautiful restaurant, great wine great food, Great service but the noise level is deafening. Next time the outdoor patio it's quieter. Or just go for lunch! I Also Could wear Bose noise canceling headphones!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyRayratVIPDined on 11/15/2014Entres a little late in arriving and my sea bass order was not cooked through. Sent it back. The reheat(recook) took a while. Manager came to our table & profusely apologized for our not being able to enjoy our entries together. Comped the whole meal. Unexspected and more than needed but very classy and very appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAnacabDined on 11/12/2014Food was delicious And the staff very friendly.. We had to make a reservation two nights in a row because the first night we had one for 9 pm And got there 908 And we were turned down.. Came back the next day.. Worth the wait 😊👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Tucson's best!LNW1VIPDined on 11/12/2014It is always a treat to dine at Wildflower. Our server was superb and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Must be a REAL ChefSwabby01Dined on 11/11/2014Picked this place based on the local "ratings" sites and could not have been happier - the meal was more than ample servings and the quality was outstanding - Had the Pork Tenderloin which was very nicely prepared and the squash risotto was JUST RIGHT, a true test of understanding food prep (not rock hard, not wall paste). The service was attentive without being overbearing. Bottom line - Great food, Great service and appropriate prices which means "home run" in my bookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, weak serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2014We go here a lot and love the food. Always good. However, last visit our server was very late to our table so another server came and got us started. After that, we were just kind of forgotten. Normally, service is great! Hopefully, this was an aberration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely evening!westenderVIPDined on 11/9/2014We were in Tucson for a couple of weeks and wanted to catch up with an old friend. Wildflower was an easy choice. We all love it and it is convenient to all of us. We sat outside on a lovely mild evening. Our server was just the right kind of attentive, and also patient as 2 of us were early so sat with a glass of wine waiting for the other person. We just ordered entrees, and all 3 disappeared quickly. The beer battered fish and chips was amazing. The salmon was cooked perfectly. The short ribs ravioli in truffle cream sauce was SO satisfying. Wildflower is always on our list when we visit the area!Special Features:
- Food Not Up To ParOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014We had 4 entrees, all below expectations: --Sturgeon special --Korean tacos --fish and chips --crispy chicken
- Wild for WildflowerPNGSctsdaleVIPDined on 11/7/2014Wildflower is avTucson gem and a real favorite of ours. Food is fabulous - service exceptional - every staff member is customer focused & skilledSpecial Features:
- Very nice for a mall restaurantgdizzleDined on 11/7/2014Wildflower does a nice job of using local sources for farm to fork. The food was very good and service is attentive. It's location in a mall is somewhat less than desirable for a nice restaurant. It has a pleasant patio for outside dining but it overlooks a parking lot. Inside is a bar which was playing sports television, which might detract from some serious gourmand's experience. Overall good food, but the ambience does not match the food.Special Features:
- Wonderful Once Again!JillyDDined on 11/6/2014I took my friend from Alaska to Wildflower and was once again amazed with just how outstanding the food is, the waitstaff and the overall great feeling to the restaurant! Have only been in Tucson for 1 month, but I just keep going back to Wildflower - it is the BEST!!!!Special Features:
- One of our favorites!TucsondinerDined on 11/4/2014Wildflower continues to please with a great menu, vibrant atmosphere and great service. Love the half price wine bottle days on Tuesdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantdesertloverDined on 11/4/2014Haven't been to Wildflower in several years and decided to celebrate a birthday. We were not disappointed. The service was good but not overbearing. Food was fantastic - nice size portions - not overwhelming Great combinations. Will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:
- wildflowerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014always a consistent pleasant dining experience and enjoy the patio ambiance very muchSpecial Features:
- Quite good, but with a problemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014We had lunch indoors, and the noiWse level was awful. You have no sound-absorbent materials in the ceiling or walls. Apparently no one consulted an acoustics expert when the restaurant was being constructed. It would be good the address this issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Service was impecible, great patio dining, food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodMaggieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food is always good but the noise level is always too high for us old folks even outside on the patioSpecial Features:
- Good meal as I rememberedLuvCasaGrandeDined on 10/22/2014I haven't been to Wildflower in 1 1/2 years and I was glad to find the food, service, and ambience still remains. I had read other reviews and am sorry they didn't have such good results. I met an old friend and we sat outdoors and caught up--of course the weather was absolutely beautiful. We had a fish and pasta dish and they didn't disappoint. Neither did the chocolate dessert. I would recommend the Wildflower and just make sure people know the dinner prices are between $20 and $30. But well worth it!!!Special Features:
- BarbandSaraDined on 10/22/2014We dined on the lovely patio, which is the only way I will eat at Wildflower because the inside is so terribly noisy and loud a decent conversation cannot be held. The patio, however, is always perfect for intimate conversation. The food was outstanding (I enjoyed the salmon, which was cooked perfectly) and the service was excellent. I strongly recommend Wildflower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish specialsLP57Dined on 10/18/2014The nightly fish specials are always very good but the serving size is quite small. I don't expect to get more fish but a little more of the vegetables that accompany the fish would be appreciated so the serving is not so sparse.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The general manager was very attentive. New menu is very good - good changeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!AnonymousDined on 10/17/2014Wildflower is great as always! The Friday night we went it was crowded - make a reservation.Special Features:
- The Best!JillyDDined on 10/17/2014Everything at Wildflower is great, but the calamari was to die for!!! We have only been in the Tucson area for 2 weeks, but we have been to Wildflower two times. I can say that it will be a mainstay for us! The service is as amazing as the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014I ordered hamburger well done & it came rare. It took a LONG time to get another one . Item should have been taken off the bill considering.....Special Features:
- Wildflower in TucsonIkeKDined on 10/11/2014Great food at reasonable price. Great ambience in outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialtimeDined on 10/9/2014This is one of my "go to" restaurants for special occasions. Also great for just a nice dinner, never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rutgers66VIPDined on 10/9/2014This was not a good evening at Wildflower. We were a party of 4 and they tried to put us a a table for 5. We asked for a booth, they said they were reserved. The booth stayed empty all night!!!!!! We were there 2-½ hours.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencefoodreviewsDined on 10/8/2014Food and service was wonderful. Great restaurant for intimate dining.Special Features:
- Great food and service outsidelaggVIPDined on 9/29/2014We always eat outside because it is way too noisy inside. We went early, at 5 p.m. on a Monday, so had no trouble getting an outside table, and it did not get noisy out there until we were leaving. Our service was great, as was our food. This time, no glitches at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We have been here several times and one of our favorite places to go. Usually good service and food. It was a miss this time though this time. 06:15 reservation for 4. Seated right away. I think the server just had too many tables though. Little things like refill on waters, ice tea, etc had to be requested a couple of times. The food was just ok. Burger ordered well came out medium rare. The time it took for food to come, the burger person opted to not send it back. Scallops were over done and a little tough. Salmon plate and edamame dish were good. The dessert was tasty. Overall just an off night. Nothing horrible but ironically we raved about the place to our friends who had never been there. They were underimpressed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoked Salmon appetizerTeamLeaVIPDined on 9/26/2014One of our favorites! As is everything on the menu!Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Service was not as great as it usually is, but the food and setting we're magnificent!,Special Features:
- Noisy - but worth itDIanaVIPDined on 9/24/2014If you sit inside be prepared for high noise level. Outdoor seating is much better. But no matter what, the food is worth it. Long time favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great as we hopedGinoPDined on 9/23/2014Located in a strip mall, the ambiance is not spectacular but the openness and brightness of the restaurant helps to mitigate the location. The menu offers good variety and most of the food we ordered was better than average. One person in our party was not served her order in sync with the rest of us which put a damper on our experience. Half price wine night was a bonus!Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in Tucson!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Absolutely love this restaurant, the food, the service and mostly the wine! Every Tuesday is half-priced bottles of wine, and with a great selection you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in Tucson!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Wildflower has been my favorite restaurant since it opened years ago!! The food is the best in Tucson and I am in love with the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad. Everything is delicious.....and don't forget to leave room for a beautiful dessert.Special Features: