Wildflower - Tucson
7037 N. Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildflower - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 5202194230x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am - 4pm
Daily 3pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Omar Huerta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wildflower has a beautiful climate controlled outdoor patio that can be used for private dining.
A word from Wildflower - Tucson
Wildflower sets the standard for innovative New American Cuisine featuring updated American classics with European and Asian influences. The menu changes often to take advantage of the freshest seasonal ingredients available. Wildflower has been named as one of Tuscon's Top 5 restaurants in the 2005 Tuscon Lifestyle Culinary awards; it is listed as one of Tuscon's top 10 restaurants in the Zagat Guide and has earned the 2004 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for its unique wine list. With over 80 wines by the bottle and 25 by the glass, Wildflower's wine list offers an excellent range of options for both the experienced wine connoisseur and the novice. The relaxed contemporary atmosphere of Wildflower’s dining room with its sunlit ceiling and inviting blue plush booths are reflected in the intimate lounge area and the lush, intimate climate controlled covered patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wildflower - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Wildflower - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (98)fit for foodies (90)special occasion (84)neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (53)romantic (42)good for groups (25)notable wine list (25)hot spot (21)great for brunch (14)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Fish specialsLP57Dined on 10/18/2014The nightly fish specials are always very good but the serving size is quite small. I don't expect to get more fish but a little more of the vegetables that accompany the fish would be appreciated so the serving is not so sparse.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The general manager was very attentive. New menu is very good - good changeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Everything at Wildflower is great, but the calamari was to die for!!! We have only been in the Tucson area for 2 weeks, but we have been to Wildflower two times. I can say that it will be a mainstay for us! The service is as amazing as the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014I ordered hamburger well done & it came rare. It took a LONG time to get another one . Item should have been taken off the bill considering.....Special Features:
- Wildflower in TucsonIkeKDined on 10/11/2014Great food at reasonable price. Great ambience in outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialtimeDined on 10/9/2014This is one of my "go to" restaurants for special occasions. Also great for just a nice dinner, never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rutgers66VIPDined on 10/9/2014This was not a good evening at Wildflower. We were a party of 4 and they tried to put us a a table for 5. We asked for a booth, they said they were reserved. The booth stayed empty all night!!!!!! We were there 2-½ hours.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencefoodreviewsDined on 10/8/2014Food and service was wonderful. Great restaurant for intimate dining.Special Features:
- Great food and service outsidelaggVIPDined on 9/29/2014We always eat outside because it is way too noisy inside. We went early, at 5 p.m. on a Monday, so had no trouble getting an outside table, and it did not get noisy out there until we were leaving. Our service was great, as was our food. This time, no glitches at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We have been here several times and one of our favorite places to go. Usually good service and food. It was a miss this time though this time. 06:15 reservation for 4. Seated right away. I think the server just had too many tables though. Little things like refill on waters, ice tea, etc had to be requested a couple of times. The food was just ok. Burger ordered well came out medium rare. The time it took for food to come, the burger person opted to not send it back. Scallops were over done and a little tough. Salmon plate and edamame dish were good. The dessert was tasty. Overall just an off night. Nothing horrible but ironically we raved about the place to our friends who had never been there. They were underimpressed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoked Salmon appetizerTeamLeaVIPDined on 9/26/2014One of our favorites! As is everything on the menu!Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Service was not as great as it usually is, but the food and setting we're magnificent!,Special Features:
- Noisy - but worth itDIanaVIPDined on 9/24/2014If you sit inside be prepared for high noise level. Outdoor seating is much better. But no matter what, the food is worth it. Long time favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great as we hopedGinoPDined on 9/23/2014Located in a strip mall, the ambiance is not spectacular but the openness and brightness of the restaurant helps to mitigate the location. The menu offers good variety and most of the food we ordered was better than average. One person in our party was not served her order in sync with the rest of us which put a damper on our experience. Half price wine night was a bonus!Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in Tucson!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Absolutely love this restaurant, the food, the service and mostly the wine! Every Tuesday is half-priced bottles of wine, and with a great selection you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in Tucson!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Wildflower has been my favorite restaurant since it opened years ago!! The food is the best in Tucson and I am in love with the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad. Everything is delicious.....and don't forget to leave room for a beautiful dessert.Special Features:
- Good n FastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014This kitchen is so very efficient that my food was delivered too fast! That said, the food was delicious and the service was excellent, as it has been every time I have eaten here. If you like to have your meal a bit slower, just delay ordering the next course.Special Features:
- Fun and reliableSueazDined on 9/20/2014Four of us ate there during Arizona Restaurant Week. One of us ate from the restaurant week special selections; and the others from the menu. All of us enjoyed our meals; and appreciated our waiter's good service. We were seated near the open kitchen, which was somewhat loud; however, we were treated to a view of the line working and also the Manager, working as the Expediter, directing the flow of food from the kitchen to the diners. Two of us split the chocolate dessert, which was very good, although four of us could have split it. Their desserts are all BIG! All-in-all, a fun evening out.Special Features:
- Yumais4aubreyDined on 9/19/2014Great, experience! The place was packed and it was wonderful to see happy attentive servers and management supporting their staff! Food and drinks were spot on, I will be back!Special Features:
- happy hour menufrugalfoodieDined on 9/14/2014I usually enjoy all of the food options at WildFlower, but this particular happy hour item was less than pleasing. I ordered the crunchy vegetables- a batter fried plate of zucchinis. The dish was too salty for me to finish- and the flavor profile was very one note- salty with a barely a hint of spicy flavor. The house wine was a nice relaxing treat though, as well as the very attentive and extremely polite, courteous waiter.Special Features:
- Good foodFoodcritic79VIPDined on 9/13/2014I had great company so that made it very good as well as the food and young server who remembered out orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to returnSeafoodyDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was very busy so there was a short delay in our order being taken but since we were visiting we did not really notice. Our waiter, Mike, was attentive, friendly, and apologetic for the delay. Our meal was excellent from the beginning with the calamari appetizer, best I have had and enough to share to my meal of Lemongrass skewered scallops to my husband's Spinach Pappardelle. Dinner was followed up with the Key Lime Tart which my husband said was the best he had. I am not a dessert person but he insisted I taste the tart and it truly was tasty! The noise level was above moderate but did not put us off enough to be bothered by it. We definitely will be returning!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was faultlessMikeDined on 9/12/2014We dined there recently and found the food and service extremely good. However, we ate inside instead go the patio which was probably a mistake as the noise level inside was very loud and it was impossible to hold a quiet conversation. The next time we will ate outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CactusjoannaDined on 9/6/2014This is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. The food is fabulous and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKTravelingManVIPDined on 9/2/2014Wildfire has become somewhat predictable and boring. The food is OK, nothing more. The noise inside makes it impossible to have a conversation. Patio is the only option when it isn't too hot outside.Special Features:
- RalphieDined on 9/1/2014Outstanding Food and Outstanding service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our meal againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Food is consistently good as is the service level. Always enjoy it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nevertoooldDined on 9/1/20141st time there and will definitely return. The food was great and I had one of the best margaritas in Tucson. Noise level inside was way too loud but outside dining on the patio was ideal. We sat and talked and was not bothered by the wait staff to hurry and finish our dinner as others were waiting. I never give top marks in any survey so Wildflower should be happy with this response.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can count on itnteeterDined on 9/1/2014We've eaten at Wildflower a number of times because we can count on good service and good food with some healthy choices. This dining opportunity was because of the 25% offer for Labor Day. When I made the reservation, I asked to be seated on the patio. The request was accommodated, and our party of 4 enjoyed a nice table on one side of the patio. Service was crisp, friendly and efficient. The food was the quality we have come to expect.Special Features:
- Great promotional valueAZMDDined on 9/1/2014We met friends we hadn't seen for a long time for a late lunch on Labor Day. We chose Wildflower because I had received an email for a 25% discount that day and it's one of our favorite restaurants. The entire neighborhood must also have decided it was a great promotion, as the place, both outdoors and indoors was packed. Unfortunately, the noise level was deafening and the uncomfortable booth configuration for 6 forced us to yell to maintain conversation. Service was good, if slower than usual due to the crowds. My favorite dish, the spinach papperadelle was overcooked, not al dente as usual, and lacked the usual crunchy topping. Still, it was an enjoyable meal. Hope these great promotions continue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day CrowdJudy02Dined on 9/1/2014With 25% off, veterans flocked to Wildflower last Monday. But they were not to be disappointed as, even with the crowds, the service was good and the food was good as well, even though the patio was noisy for lunch. We always meet people we know when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014We celebrated a birthday here and everyone's food was very good and the service was excellent. Quality and price along with great service make Wildflower one of the best values for your money out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014I was here many years ago and really liked it, but on this visit I was disappointed and my love didn't care for it at all. She thought it wasn't very romantic, which was why I took here here. My dishes were OK, but nothing to remember.
- Very niceFoodDudeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Not my favorite place but certainly worth a visit several times a year. The outdoor seating is especially pleasant as it tends to be less noisy. The menu is augmented by a soup and a fish special. The regular menu doesn't vary much though I could have done without the politically correct conversion of a Caesar salad to kale! A solid wait staff and an accessible wine list. Good bread and seasoned olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Nothing is great, but nothing is ever poorly done. Nice American food in nice atmosphere. Nothing special, but very convenient. Nothing as good in the immediate vicinity.Special Features:
- WineandDineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Wildflower has been my go-to dining spot for many years and I've never been disappointed. Service is great, food delicious and not the mainstream menu. Love their Seasonal Board and Spicy Shrimp Noodles! Their Tuesdays specials on bottles of wine are a real plus, and they'll happily re-cork any unfinished bottle for take-home. The patio is delightful (and quieter)in cooler weather than Monsoon's. Inside noise level is the only downside, imho, but then most establishments by this owner are too noisy due to poor internal construction for quiet conversational dining. All the shops near Wildflower are a bonus for a fun outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Short Rib Ravioli!!ILoveToEatDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was amazing. My boyfriend and I sat on the patio, which had a beautiful view of the mountains. I had the short rib ravioli, and it was probably the greatest thing I have ever tasted. Roasted mushrooms, peas, breadcrumbs, and a truffle cream sauce! Need I say more? GO EAT HERE!Special Features:
- Great service, great foodAZfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Had a good time at Wildflower. Came early (5:30pm) to catch the end of their Happy Hour. The Happy Hour menu was decent and even though we ordered an appetizer and wine off of it, I think there could have been more of a selection available. Still great tasting food from the menu and a good ambience.Special Features:
- Favorite for yearsItalianinaz1Dined on 8/6/2014All time favorite lunch or dinner spot for the last 10 plus years. Great business and family spot.Special Features:
- Great food bad serviceFoodcritic79VIPDined on 8/5/2014Food was very good just the waiter forgot everything we ordered took to long for everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.