10009 - 107 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 1J1Neighborhood:
Wild GamePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfloweredmonton.com/
- Phone: (780) 990-1938
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Nathin Bye
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wildflower Grill can host private events for special occasions like weddings, parties and gatherings. We can host seated dinners for up to 90 people and can do a standing cocktail reception for up to 150 people.
Please contact us so that we can help you plan your next corporate or private function.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Fedorik 7809901938
Eye-popping presentations, global influences, an extensive wine list, seasoned professional service, and a warm feeling round out a fantastic dining experience.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
- Great food but very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Food was fantastic , server great - My only complaint is , there should be a seperate room for larger groups, such as a corporate christmas party. the noise level was so loud we could barely have a conversation . It's a very small place so more ' cozy ' and can get loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014We have been here a few times and the experience has always been the same. The food and service is fantastic. Have been able to get reservations every time but would recommend a table away from the kitchen as it is a little loud and lots of movement with the staff doing their jobs ...which they do so well. The little added touches are great. I won't spoil the surprises for the first timers. Love it hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and good service.NJ38Dined on 11/21/2014I would definitely reccomend Wildflower Grill for a wonderful dining experience. Delicious food and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AHSeeDined on 11/19/2014see below under private note . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Special Features:
- not was i was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Wildflower Grill was my daughter's favourite restaurant while studying at UofA. it was fitting that we would celebrate her grad there. i requested a nice table but got seated one table away from the kitcken (lots of traffic and noisy). Server was very knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive until we paid the bill. We were never offered refill on water or nothing while finishing up our wine. Kitchen ran out of the lamb shank at 7:30pm on a Wednesday. Bread was amazing, great presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Umbuto 55OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I wanted to go to the Wildflower because I knew that there would be a variety of food options. I enjoy trying different things but some of the men in our group are not too adventurous. They were a little disappointed that both the New York steak and the lamb was not available. Other wise the food was tasty and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceBK17Dined on 11/15/2014Overall the restaurant was good. My husband and I were really excited since we read they specialized in wild game, but were disappointed that there was barely a section on wild game. Overall service was good, our waitress was very friendly; our order did come out wrong, but was promptly corrected and we received a complimentary salad while my husband waited. Food was great and the bread they bring to the table was to die for!! We ordered crab cakes as a starter, salmon and filet minion as our mains and delicious sorbet as our dessert. The atmosphere was a bit loud which made it a little difficult to chat with my husband.Special Features:
- Always impressed!ElectricladyDined on 11/15/2014Great place! I always enjoy my experience here. Food is amazing, and the staff are very friendly. Price point is right on par as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!LovetoeatDined on 11/15/2014We went for an early (5 pm) dinner because our desired dinning time was unavailable. It was quite busy, despite the time. The inside is warm and inviting. The food came out quick. The service was great and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date NightErinEatsDined on 11/9/2014My date and I dined here for the first time and were impressed. The restaurant came highly recommended from friends and we definitely agree. The ambiance was great for a date and the server was knowledgeable and pleasant and made recommendations when asked. My date had the braised beef cheeks and I had the sea bass. We couldn't decide which dish we liked best. Overall it was a great experience, I will definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- pretty good but not exceptionaleaterDined on 11/7/2014I booked a table through opentable and asked for a 'more private' table as it was my birthday. We were seated right by the door (I watched the hostess fold napkins) it could have been worse but there were quieter tables available. Our food was brought too quickly; the bread dishes were not cleared before the appetizer came and my spouse did not finish his appetizer before the main came. We were constantly eating and became very full quickly (too full for dessert). Portions were large. The beef carpaccio, duck appi, and bison main were excellent, the New York steak was gristly and I could eat very little of it. A Chinese take out menu included with the bill ended the evening. Some of the experience was very good, some was not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I try to visit a different restaurant every time that I go out to eat. Having heard good things about the Wildflower, I decided to give it a try. Although fairly subtle from the outside, the inside is nicely decorated and feels very inviting a warm. All members of the staff were extremely helpful, polite, and timely in their actions. Each course of the meal was simply delicious and the fish was some of the best that I have had anywhere (an unexpected find in Edmonton of all places). The experience was a bit on the pricey side and it is not the type of restaurant you would go for everyday, but it as a tremendous location for a special event or a romantic night out. I would highly recommend giving it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the quality of foodAnonDined on 11/7/2014Poorly trained waiter, clattered cutlery onto our table, tilted the plates when serving and wrecked its presentation. The hostess used a non-discrete (i.e., loud and carrying) voice to chat to the bartender, in little gatherings with wait staff near where we were sitting (for a quiet romantic dinner), and later, at a table not being used by patrons. The appetizers were wonderful, yet the food quality went downhill from there. The mains had little imagination with greasy, undercooked and then overcooked fish and what I might find at a chain restaurant. Getting this type of service and food from a chain restaurant wouldn't be unexpected, but here! Certainly subpar from what we have had at Wildflower Grill a year ago. We will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014The food was excellent and the service was good however I think that being a downtown restaurant and a lot of people are going to come for lunch you need to spped things up a bit. Most people have a one hour lunch break and it took us 45 minutes to get our food. We had to eat real quick to get back to work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014I love this restaurant but the kitchen and service really needs improving. I always enjoy the food and the servers are really friendly but if you only have an hour for lunch, not recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!gainznomnomDined on 11/1/2014I just took my wife here for dinner and we both loved it! The service was great and the food was even better! I've already recommended it to multiple people :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience as alwaysStephenDined on 10/31/2014Nothing bad to say about this restaurant or service. Service staff was friendly and informative. Great place to take for a romantic dinner or just a fine dining occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine$$$AmbroDined on 10/31/2014glasses of wine are becoming the price of a bottleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy WildflowerSaskatoonBooDined on 10/30/2014Very convenient restaurant adjacent to the Matrix Hotel. Busy at lunch. Our food was good, we had Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding and Seafood Fettucine. However, I would choose something else next time, especially not the RB and Yorkshire Pudding. The pudding was so hard we couldn't cut it with knife and fork. The Fettucine was okay--- could have used a bit more shrimp or scallop. When we arrived at the restaurant we were seated immediately by a friendly woman at the front and were given our drinks right away---then we got lost in the lunch time shuffle. In spite of being ignored by our designated waitress at first, we enjoyed our lunch and will certainly go back to Wildflower again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.abovetherestDined on 10/25/2014Went to the Wildflower Grill for supper. The service was excellent and the food even better. The menu offers plenty of choices and the food is really exquisite. Not your everyday restaurant. The pace of the meal was conducive to enjoying our company and an evening out. I will continue to take my foodie friends and use this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Favourite restaurant in EdmontonTimWDined on 10/24/2014The Wildflower Grill is my favourite restaurant in Edmonton for great tasting food. I'm quite a good cook myself, and when I go to a restaurant where I might spend $30 per person, I'm usually disappointed. Not at the Wildflower. The food is consistently outstanding. The atmosphere is classy and romantic, but somehow still relaxing. It's a great place for a fancy date or a celebratory dinner for a small family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality has fallenDisappointingDined on 10/24/2014I used to look forward to lunch at Wildflower - excellent food, Great coffee. The food was mediocre (other than the french fries which were quite good) and the coffee was very weak with grounds ending up in my cup.
- Excellent business dinnermmmmeatingDined on 10/22/2014Took a visitor here and was suitably impressed. Attentive service. Meal was excellent - we had field mignon, fish two ways, and the salmon. Creme brûlée try was a very nice finish. Wine by the glass list was not extensive but excellent choices were available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMelizaDined on 10/22/2014Our server was very attentive and great customer service. We really enjoyed our supper. Food tasted great and presentation was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAlbertagirlDined on 10/22/2014I've now tried 3 different things on the menu and they are all top notch! Can't wait to go back and try something elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hypefinedinersDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday with a special dining experience. When I made the reservation, I specified that it was my 40th birthday and that we would like a quieter table. When we arrived, we were seated at a horrible table with a view of the kitchen next to a 20-person party that was quite loud (despite the fact that there was an open table for two in a quiet corner by the window). Determined to make the best of it, we decided to toast my 40th with some bubbles. The wine list didn't include any champagne or California sparkling wine by the glass - just Prosecco and a dubious sparkling from the Okanagan. Despite ordering 6 different items, they all tasted the same - buttery with a hint of truffle oil. Meh.Special Features:
- DelightedAlwaysupforfinediningDined on 10/17/2014This was our second time dining here and won't be our last! The food is exceptional and atmosphere is great! Highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty platesYEGfoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014It had been a few years since we last went to the Wildflower, but we were very happy with our meals. My husband gobbled up the fresh baked brioche and a starter Ceasar salad (artfully presented, if a little difficult to eat the daikon radish wrapped around the greens without a few splatters). I had the bison two ways and thought the plate was quite creative with fun flavours and I enjoyed the range of textures. If you're a party of two, come prepared for some of the very narrow tables (no room for a wine bottle in addition to the main course plates). My only complaint is that the restaurant was VERY warm.Special Features:
- Surprise FindkleokatraDined on 10/13/2014This was a random selection for an impromptu date night and my date and I were quite impressed, with the wine list as well as the entire meal! The souffle was definitely worth the wait!Special Features:
- Wildflower - WowLuvJapFoodDined on 10/11/2014No complains ... food presentation, quality and service are excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not as good as it used to beMagzzzDined on 10/10/2014I have been here a few times for special occasions 2 years ago and I was very impressed with everything especially the food but my latest experience wasn't as memorable. I took my fiancé here because I was raving abt how great their food was when I lived here but The food quality has significantly decreased. My salmon was dry, croquet was too spicy, my fiancée streak was just okay... Everything abt the restuarant was great except the food quality. Unfortunatly I will not return.Special Features:
- Excellent!GoodFoodisBestDined on 10/10/2014We tried the Wildflower Grill this weekend for the first time. We would recommend it to anyone! The service was great. The food and wine were great. Very tasty and worth a trip downtown for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but pricey mealFatOneDined on 10/10/2014We had the Braised Beef Cheeks and Cedar Smoked Bison Tenderloin. There was a ton of meat for the Beef Cheeks, which is very nice with the cherry tomatoes. I was not a big fan of the bison, but my wife enjoyed it as it had a nice charred exterior. Our favourite was the chocolate tart which is usually only served at lunch. Great attentive service.Special Features:
- A little disappointingPatriciaVIPDined on 10/5/2014The food was quite good, but the rap music playing certainly spoiled the experience for us. There were only 3 other tables occupied, so the place may have been too quiet for the staff? The waiter was great, but I probably won't go back.
- Date night in EdmontonTeafortwoDined on 10/3/2014Service was outstanding. An amazing waiter that really new his job. Food is good but over priced. I would expect more for a $200 diner for twoSpecial Features:
- Good food, BAD musicOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been to the Wildflower many times and have always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. This time, the food was still fantastic, but the Eurovision-type technopop was wa-a-a-ay too loud. What used to be a romantic place for dinner left us shouting across the table to each other. The food is still great and the server struck the perfect balance between attentive and unobtrusive, but that music is a deal-breaker. Will not likely go back if they continue with that.Special Features:
- Delicious!KbrandtDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed a romantic evening out at this restaurant. The service was quick and fantastic. We really enjoyed all of our meal. The only suggestion we really had was for the main entree's the portions could have been a little bit bigger. But the quality and taste of the food was phenomonal. We will definately come back on another occasion.Special Features:
- Went above and beyondJVB26Dined on 9/26/2014My wife and I visited for my wife's birthday and along with the amazing food and atmosphere the staff went above and beyond to accommodate a few special requests I had to make it an awesome night for my wife. I couldn't be happier with their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Luncheon as Always!DoloresDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant is a downtown neighborhood gem! As always, a great place for lunch with attentive and efficient service, scrumptious food at a good price, and wonderful ambience! It was the first visit for my friend who thoroughly enjoyed it as I do! I recommend it for lunch as well as dinner.Special Features:
- Dinner Club Success!KaarinaDined on 9/19/2014This was our first dinner club with 2 other couples and it was a fantastic time. The server was very helpful in guiding our decisions for shareable appetizers as well as helping with wine selection! The food was excellent and we will be definitely coming back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.