Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
7135 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 4809944040x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michelle Wickramasuriya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)fit for foodies (85)romantic (76)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (24)hot spot (19)late-night find (14)great for lunch (10)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Chilean Sea BassOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014The Chilean Sea Bass Hong Kong style was possibly the best fish entree I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- steveDined on 8/30/2014The food and service are definitely upscale and well worth the money!Special Features:
- Most ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service! All six of us had perfectly prepared steaks and sides were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LilyDined on 8/24/2014WE HAD AN OUTSTANDING WAITER - ( NAME - ARI. ) EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- This has become our favorite placeGoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We went here for a special occasion shortly after it opened about 7 years ago. Then we didn't go here for several years. We have now been three times in the last 6 months. It is fantastic. This weekend was for our 17th anniversary and the food was outstanding as was our waiter, Eric. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningTravelalotVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife is very particular about the taste of her fish meals. Here she raved about how her swordfish was perfectly prepared. There are excellent various choices for other fish meals as well as meat options. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood findAKfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Starting with a crab cake that had NO filler that was amazing. Followed up by a starter salad (the mushroom and goat cheese) which had flavors bursting all through it. The 3rd course was market fish which happened to be a broiled sea bass. And they cooked it to perfection. My side dish was the roasted brussels sprouts which were cooked with shallots and bacon. I couldn't stop there though. To finish my meal, I had the berries and cream. What was amazing about my berries and cream was that the cream had NO added sugar. The only sweetener was from the berries. It was perfect! As for the service. It was spot on. People constantly monitored our table to be sure we were not left with empty plates or glasses.Special Features:
- Food is the best!ToriaDined on 8/20/2014I like the calamari, its the best ever. Drinks are really good after a hard day of work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but room for improvementPickering604Dined on 8/17/2014Having been to the restaurant in Newport Beach this one is way below par. The food was a little cold and my fish entree was more a painting than an entree. All style but no substance and poorly seasoned. The appetizers were good but short on protein and long on the noodles.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!AngieDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I dined with two out of town guests. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable of the items on the menu. We had two bottles of wine and enjoyed appetizers. We ordered the calamari and th lobster tacos. Both were delicious. We each ordered dinner entrees and everyone was impressed with their choices. The atmosphere is great and the time flew as we visited with our friends. We will definitely return! Thumbs up to Charlie, our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealkinotomDined on 8/15/2014One of the best meals in recent years. I was traveling and felt like seafood and had never eaten here before. The caesar salad was exceptional and the sea bass was the best I have ever had. Veggies were also delicious.. Server was great and friendly. Cannot recommend more highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Bad handling.wmjoeDined on 8/9/2014We went on 8/9/14 at 7:00 PM ish. The food was good but, didn't appreciate the mgr telling me my son is to loud. He was loud because he was tried. He is almost 2. We had taken him outside after he won't calm down and didn't bring him back in. What I didn't appreciate is the mgr coming over and saying my son was to loud. We had taken care of the situation. My family and I are moving to the area and go to these type of restaurants often. I would consider coming back if mgmt would contact me or give a reason to come back. Thank you. Joe B.
- kalhortonDined on 8/8/2014This place was great we really enjoyed our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Took A Friend For The First Time"AletheaVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Wildfish several times in the past, and have enjoyed all of my meals. This time I wanted to share the experience with a friend. My friend enjoyed the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Appetizer, as well as the Ahi Tuna Entrée. Ari, was a great server! Very timely and attentive. Ask for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite...BigMacDined on 8/1/2014Wildfish hits a great blend of upscale but casual dining. Food is excellent, waitstaff is knowledgeable but relaxed, not pushy or pretentious. Crab cake, lobster tacos to start, oysters always fresh, and the fish specials always on target for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerJgillespieDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary by going to Wild Fish and it didn't disappoint. I enjoyed the best steak of my life and we really enjoyed the lobster taco appetizer as well. Very pricey but a great fit for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey but great food!DrVonDined on 7/26/2014This is a wonderful place to meet for drinks and appetizers or a full meal. The salads and crab cakes are out of this world. Prices are a bit steep but we'll keep coming back!Special Features:
- Great spot for special occasionsLovenlaffDined on 7/25/2014We went here for Anniversary. Informed restaurant when I made reservations. When we came in, we surprisingle found rose petals on the table along with a card from the staff. Food was delicious, crab cakes, salmon, prime rib & lobster. Our gracious waiter informed us that dessert was on the house for our Anniversary. Wonderful surprise. So the bananas foster was even more delicious. Awesome experience for the evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. The service is on point, the food is delicious and the location is easy to get access. I had the filet mignon and shrimp scampi on a bed of asparagus special. An excellent deal for the price. The filet was cooked perfectly - medium and I didn't require a knife to cut it. The shrimp was also cooked perfectly, not rubbery, with a little snap when bitten. I believe the sauce was a beurre blanc, which complimented the meal. As always I will return for the well timed and friendly service.Special Features:
- Great experience overallLookingforgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/23/2014When we walked in they told us we could sit it the bar or at a table. We chose a table in the bar and were not sorry. Server was attentive and knowledgable and the food was fantastic. We had a salad and fish and it was the best fish we've had I some time-not overpowering sauce and cooked perfectly. I don't write reviews but had to for this one. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfish tames your palletCaynriverDined on 7/18/2014I have enjoyed Wildfish for over five years and have never been disappointed. Great service, selection, and wine list makes this a go to stop for us. A little pricy but for a good food fix we usually pick Wildfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jojoVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is advertised as inexpensive. Definitely not the case. Need to add 2 more$ to the listing. Nothing under $40.00
- Great place!Erin150VIPDined on 7/12/2014We love this restaurant - a little pricey, but great service and everything we order is delicious! We've been 3 times, we'll be back!Special Features:
- awesomeloosewheelsDined on 7/11/2014This was my second time dining at Wild Seafood grill...I loved it..I had the shrimp stuffed with crab...to die for...I also wonderful salad. I could eat there every week..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy ChoicesAletheaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Being that you are a seafood restaurant, I can really appreciate that there are many, relatively healthy choice options on the menu. I really enjoyed my Asian Barbequed Salmon Entrée. Plus, the Brussel Sprouts, are always a winner! Will be back to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid choicediamondDVIPDined on 7/9/2014Although the halibut was likely left under a warmer too long, it was still well prepared and the scallops were, as usual, an easy winner. Fresh fish, service that's not overbearing and comfort makes Wildfish a regular choice for seafood for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea BassJuanDined on 7/7/2014The hong kong sea bass was delicious as was the macaroni and cheese side dish.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Whenever we are in Phoenix & where ever we are staying, Wildfish Seafood Grille it at the top of the list. The food, service & atmosphere are amazing.Special Features:
- A wonderful place to try.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We had a great experience from the hostess seating us to the great service of our waiter. The food was delicious the ambience with low lighting which made the night very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJosieBDined on 7/5/2014I've eaten here any number of times and have always been exceptionally pleased. I took two friends for the first time and they were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unit6511Unit6511Dined on 7/4/2014The portion size was so-so or not very much. The service however was excellent and there was nothing that we needed we did not receive. From the waiter to the manager who were both named Eric we treated extremely good and will return based on the service alone.Special Features:
- Fish was great! Our waiter wasWhistlerloverDined on 7/4/2014Our waiter was wonderful and really knew his seafood. He was attentive and funny. The fish was very delicious! Food prices are expensive, but it's hard to find great fish in Arizona!Special Features:
- Fine dininghfiersDined on 7/1/2014Food prepared very well. Sevice is outstanding. Price: $$$ Was a bit surprised that the lunch menu seemed to be as expensive as a dinner menu. For 2 people: salmon and ahi lunches, 1 glass wine, and a 1 salad (no coffeeor dessert) cost us $65 exc tip. Have been here for dinner also. Will return.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014The service and food were amazing and we will back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very good with one exceptionmrmagooDined on 6/28/2014I had the grouper and was disappointed in the way it was described on the menu from the way it was served. It was in a plate of liquid and the menu said crispy. I did not like the sauce as it had very little flavor. the fish was very well cooked and they they ruined it in the sauce. I also thought my partner's ahi was a little too rare with not enough sear. other wise it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood & SteaksAZMikeDined on 6/26/2014Wildfish has well prepared fresh seafood including bluepoint oysters on the half shell which were exceptional. The service was incredibly friendly and efficient. I received a complimentary desert on my birthday as well. You can't go wrong!!Special Features:
- Freshest fish in the valleylike2dineDined on 6/21/2014Had several fantastic dishes featuring some of the freshest fish I can recall in the valley. I have just returned from the Mediterranean where I had sampled much seafood, and these dishes would stand up against everything I enjoyed there. With such high quality fish, I was a bit overwhelmed by the preparations which might have been less complex allowing the fish to be more present. On my next visit I plan to choose accordingly. The shrimp cocktail was served with amazing sauce and "atomic" horseradish, but the shrimp themselves seemed a little mealy but I would order again just to enjoy the sauce. Finally, my table was in an area subject to foot traffic and I wish the atmosphere could have been a bit calmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- semma31Dined on 6/21/2014food delish, ambience...very dark, server too ambitious. Too many people standing to greet you at door. I would indeed go back as food was very good and well presented. Lighting bad!Special Features:
- Great Timepet70Dined on 6/21/2014Do not know how to start but simply to say that was our first time there and everything was great except one little hick up. The food was one of the best my wife and I has had in a long time. The place looked great the way it was laid out. Beautiful lighting. The only hick up was that we ordered appetizers and then dinner and the dinner came out when I was only half way through my appetizer causing my dinner to sit on the table while I tried to finish my App. Which was so great I had to finish it, (Crab Cake) We had the Ahi Tuna and the Shrimp/crab meat dish. Both of them were also great, the tasting of both dishes where spot on for us. We will be back for sure, we will also recommend this place to all our friends.Special Features:
- Overall food was about 3.5 starsJohnQPublicDined on 6/19/2014MARKET FRESH FISH **** out of ***** Simply Broiled with Lemon, EV Olive Oil and Sea Salt PACIFIC AHI TUNA ** out of ***** Seared with Asian Pear, Mango, Avocado and Roasted Cashews* (Chef did not sear both sides of Ahi - If I would have had more time, I would have sent it back) CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD **** out of ***** Shaved Parmesan, Garlic Croutons and Tapenade Sautéed Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan ***** out of ***** (The Best dish) Twice Baked Potato with Bacon and Chives *** out of ***** Plate of bread offered to every table ***** out of ***** (Exceptional)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.