Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
7135 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: (480) 994-4040
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michelle Wickramasuriya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)fit for foodies (95)romantic (68)notable wine list (58)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (39)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (30)late-night find (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Average seafood in ScottsdaleCDB2014Dined on 11/16/2014Our waiter, Ari, was great, but overall the food and atmosphere were just average. The Wildfish website gives the impression that the place is more intimate than it really is. I would have given 2.5 stars, if possible. The lump crab cake was excellent and, by far, the best thing we tried on the menu. Other items we ordered: Shrimp cocktail - it was nice that cocktail sauce and horseradish were brought so diners can mix to their own taste. Caesar salad - the "croutons" are layered toasts that are very hard to break and eat. The dressing was not very flavorful or creamy, just oily. Brussel sprouts - were boiled or steamed and then broiled to add a little brown and crispness, but by not roasting them, they didn't carmelize and were quite mushy. Market catch was Chilean Sea Bass with asparagus - fish was cooked to the right temperature, but was heavily oiled, asparagus was slightly undercooked (beyond al dente undercooked) and tough, we had to get a steak knife. Blackberry cobbler - cobbler was thin and incorporated flavors that were not described on the menu (citrus, lavender) so overall, it didn't taste as expected.
- Great as usual except for the smell of cigaretteTravelOracleVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was great & the service was good. Unfortunately, when we received our food we started smelling a very strong cigarette smoke smell. It make our food less than enjoyable. They told us a large group had people going in and out to smoke a lot. It smelled like someone was smoking a cigarette at the next table. Hopefully, this won't be a regular occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Scottsdale FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014We had a great night at the Wildfish. The food, the staff and the atmosphere couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and foodtriggerVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a very enjoyable evening with suerior service and excellent food. I recommend this restaurant for dates and smaller dinner parties. Because of the high ceilings the noise level is acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTillyVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food was excellent. Server was spot on. Very friendly...Very attentive. Definitely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeteransDayDinerVeteransDayDinerDined on 11/11/2014Took my uncle to eat at nice place made a reservation at Wild Fish. Michelle was are waitress she recommended that we try some wonderful diner suggestions. So we tried some of her suggestions they were exquisite very delicious. I would recommend that restaurant to anyone with class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seafood Paradise!AletheaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed the Seafood Tower for the first time. Outstanding! The Fuji Apple Salad was also a hit. Be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Al Fresco DiningArchbackVIPDined on 11/8/2014Friends from St. Louis and Houston dined here on the evening of Saturday, November 8th. Wildfish was a nice start to our vacation in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Very nice outdoor, covered terrace. Service was outstanding. Food was very good including steamed sea bass, pot stickers, Caesar salad, strip steak au poivre, Brussels sprouts w/bacon, and truffled mac and cheese. Strip steak was particularly good - cooked perfectly to medium and perfectly seasoned and not overly sauced as is sometimes the case. Manhattans were tasted artisanal - not your standard pour - and were potent. No room for dessert. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwineandinemeDined on 11/8/2014Randomly chose this place using Open Table since the reviews were great. We were not disappointed. They accommodated all our requests for sauces on the side, our waitress was very knowledgeable about the entire menu and wine list. My swordfish was overcooked although I did ask for it cooked thru. Other than it being a bit dry it was delicious. The rest of my party enjoyed everything about their meals. I will definitely visit again when I'm back in Phoenix!Special Features:
- mda445Dined on 11/7/2014Visited 3 times on our recent trips to Scottsdale and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmefairgolfVIPDined on 11/6/2014The fish was delicious; service was excellent. I would go back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood in a great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014Our group wanted seafood and checked out this restaurant online. It looked good so we decided to make a reservation. The experience was wonderful from the food service to the wine to the ambience. A great experience. If you like good seafood do not miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sea foodpar1Dined on 11/4/2014Fresh well prepared sea food, nice sized potions, excellent choice of accompaniments and appetizers. Somewhat pricy but you get what you pay for.Professional waitstaff.Special Features:
- Seafood in Phoenix??VinceVIPDined on 11/4/2014We were impressed with the FRESH selection of Seafood, and it's preparation. The service was fine, but the food was very good. we would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Local GemBATNAVIPDined on 11/3/2014Wildfish is a local dinning gem for superior seafood. We have eaten at this establishment numerous times and the food and the service has been consistently excellent. You can count on fresh, tasty seafood. For any special occasion or a romantic dinner, choose Wildfish.Special Features:
- great expeienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014We usually visit Scottsdale once a year. Always save Wildfish for special evening. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magpieDined on 11/2/2014great dining experience.Delicious food, attentive waiter. Just a tad loud, as www were dining with an older couple.Special Features:
- hear the ocean in the desert.LiloDined on 10/31/2014We had an absolutely unbelievable experience here. The food knocked me back. Seafood in the desert can be sketchy, but this rivals the seafood restaurants from my home state of Florida. And it isn't even terribly expensive. I had the Sea Bass and my friends ordered the brussel sprouts, beets, and snap peas as they were not as hungry. What a delight. The lobster bisque was loaded with lobster. Service was also delightful. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Heaven!arigottoeDined on 10/29/2014Pricy, but worth it. Surf & Turf entree was $83! And very tasty, especially the lobster. Florida grouper was delicious. Excellent service. Dinner for 2 including a glass of wine, 2 drinks $200+tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014Again appetizer better than main dish. Asked for medium rare fish and got medium to medium well.Special Features:
- Great escape from Dallas, TXOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014A few of us travelled to PHX for business on 10/27/14 and Wildfish was suggested. This place took us by surprise. The outdoor patio is great, lots of outdoor activity but streets aren't too heavy congested, lively but not too loud inside- you can still hear yourself talking, food selection could be broader but overall great place. It's a place similar to The Shops of Legacy in Plano, TX (if you're familiar).The macarroni melts in your mouth. Not to mention, our server Jorge was just AMAZING!!! He was not only patient with us ladies when it came to our indecisiveness on wether to sit indoors/outdoors and our drink orders but he certainly knew his menu, wine list and was quite the charm! I'll definitely return to Wildfish the next time i'm in PHX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceSadSpottedDonkeyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Wildfish offers an excellent menu, wine list and service. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Keep Coming BackSharynandJohnDined on 10/25/2014This is one of the two restaurants in Scottsdale we go to when we want to treat ourselves to a great meal, Eddie V's being the other. Happy Hour is a great way to start off the evening, especially the salt & pepper shrimp. Dinner was very well done with a variety that will satisfy almost everyone's taste. Our table of three had the halibut, scallops and strip steak with a smooth pinot noir. A birthday dessert was on the house. So, with this unbeatable combination, we will keep coming back. Unless of course we choose Eddie V's for the special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Great service and atmosphere. Try the crab rice excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food and service was fabulous. The only down side I can think of is that it is very dark inside the restaurant. The waiter had to hand us flashlights in order to read the menu! We all laughed about it, but it was a bit inconvenient.... But everything was delicious.....Special Features:
- Wildfish ReviewTimWDined on 10/20/2014Our dish of Chilean sea bass was to die for--so tender and moist. My only complaint was the price. Quality food is not cheap. This restaurant is perfect for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divasdineDined on 10/20/2014great food and service as always..nice happy hour menu and great atmosphere....one of my favorite spots in scottsdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service plussarkscottsdaleVIPDined on 10/19/2014Excellent service and great food that was served to us by our cordial waiter Colton ... my sister B'day was one of her best !Special Features:
- Disappointed in the Pot StickersVinnyDDined on 10/18/2014This was my first visit to Wildfish. I had made a reservation and was seated right away. The meal started with a bit of a warning flag when the pot stickers we ordered turned out to be overcooked and dry. I've gotten better pot stickers at Costco. I was hoping the rest of the meal wasn't going to be like this. Fortunately, it wasn't. My date ordered the lobster bisque, which she said was very good. For the main course, I had the chilean sea bass. It was the lightest and freshest fish I've ever had. My date had the king crab legs, which she loved. The only other complaint is that I would have liked a larger beer selection, but their emphasis is on wine. Overall, it was very good.Special Features:
- Fresh SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Always the very best seafood in Scottsdale. Coming from New England I could tell the first time I ate here that they have a lot of seafood from the Atlantic Ocean.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent service; everyone was friendly and helpful; Our waiter was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would get 5's but $$$$phxfoodieDined on 10/18/2014$40 for Chilean Sea Bass is higher than any place I've been, and I've been to several premium sea food restaurants in the last few years. I would give this place great marks across the board aside from the high prices. All of the entrees are a la carte, so if you want a side, you'll have to pay $10-12 more per plate. All that aside, the overall experience was very good. Their entrees were rich with excellent sauces. The crab cake was yummy, but again the sauce made it great. I chose this restaurant assuming we could get out of here for less than what it would cost to eat at Elements, for example. Sadly, this exceeded that cost and the food, although very good, wasn't up to par with Elements.I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxed atmosphereOTIMEinAZDined on 10/17/2014On the way to the restaurant I walked by Culinary Dropout.....vibrant scene and a lot of energy....got to Wildfish and it was relaxed, quiet...perfect for anniversary dinner...server was awesome...the food was very good - but the filet was chewy cooked medium and the shrimp was too? I kept thinking Dominick's in N. Scottsdale had a steak with my name on it. I should have ordered the seafood but nothing really caught my eye on the menu...oh well... the server made up for it as he was very attentive...Special Features:
- Gotta Love ScottsdaleAwesome48Dined on 10/16/2014Sometimes, you just want to go to a great American restaurant. That's Wildfish Seafood Grille. There's plenty of options for both the conservative and adventurous diner. The quality is second-to-none. And the servers are experienced, friendly, and always on top of things. The place isn't cheap, but is well worth it. Everything comes to the table as ordered; don't worry, you won't have to send anything back. From appetizers to the "don't miss" desserts, Wildfish is a great place. This restaurant is part of a group that includes other types of dining. I've been to them as well, and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grest service/dissapointing foodrivierajohnDined on 10/15/2014As long time customers of Eddie V's we were anxious to try Wildfish. We were greated and seated and served a fantastic martini and Michelle our server offered many wine options and we were extreemly pleased with the attention she delivered. We ordered the seafood tower and the prime rib/ ribeye bone in which is usually a very safe steak being tender and flavourful. The seafood tower was fresh and prepared well, the steak was flavourful however not tender and a great deal of grissle for a prime cut. The great service will prompt us to return however we will keep our selections to seafood. Loved the atmosphere! Next visit will be on the gorgeous deck!Special Features:
- Never disappointed!ALMESAVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is one of our favorites. Food and service are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningbadmdDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is tops on our list of places to go for a romantic, elegant dining experience. We celebrated our wedding anniversary there and when we arrived at our table we found rose petals scattered over the table top. The meal was memorable and the complimentary desert (because it was a wedding anniversary) added a nice touch. This was an absolute 5 star dining experience.Special Features:
- What a great night!DunedevilDined on 10/12/2014The Calamari appetizer was amazing, my wife and I enjoyed it throughly. My wife had the ahi tuna and I had the jumbo white gulf prawns. Both meals were unbelievable and the seafood seemed extremely fresh and was very well prepared. We followed this up with the Bananas Foster sponge cake. What a great ending to a wonderful night. Thank you Wildfish for making our anniversary such an amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...disappointing tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were there to enjoy our 26th wedding anniversary and I made a reservation ahead of time thinking that would help ensure a good table. I won't use OpenTable again for a special occasion. We got to the restaurant and asked if there was seating outside but there supposedly wasn't anything available...fine...but then we were taken past all the open tables in the entire restaurant to the farthest table in the back of the restaurant right next to the kitchen. All we heard all night was pots and pans banging and I felt like we were just another "on-line" reservation that they didn't care about. The food was great...just wished we didn't feel like we were stuck in the kitchen on our anniversary!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This was a great way to celebrate our 34 wedding anniversary. Our server was Silvia and she made us feel like we were the only ones there. Food of course was fabulous and tasty. Only complaint is it was so dark we had to use our cell phones to read the menu. but we muddled thru and enjoyed every minute there.Special Features: