Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
7135 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: (480) 994-4040
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michelle Wickramasuriya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)fit for foodies (101)romantic (70)notable wine list (62)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (40)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (30)late-night find (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Elegant DiningbadmdDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is tops on our list of places to go for a romantic, elegant dining experience. We celebrated our wedding anniversary there and when we arrived at our table we found rose petals scattered over the table top. The meal was memorable and the complimentary desert (because it was a wedding anniversary) added a nice touch. This was an absolute 5 star dining experience.Special Features:
- What a great night!DunedevilDined on 10/12/2014The Calamari appetizer was amazing, my wife and I enjoyed it throughly. My wife had the ahi tuna and I had the jumbo white gulf prawns. Both meals were unbelievable and the seafood seemed extremely fresh and was very well prepared. We followed this up with the Bananas Foster sponge cake. What a great ending to a wonderful night. Thank you Wildfish for making our anniversary such an amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...disappointing tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were there to enjoy our 26th wedding anniversary and I made a reservation ahead of time thinking that would help ensure a good table. I won't use OpenTable again for a special occasion. We got to the restaurant and asked if there was seating outside but there supposedly wasn't anything available...fine...but then we were taken past all the open tables in the entire restaurant to the farthest table in the back of the restaurant right next to the kitchen. All we heard all night was pots and pans banging and I felt like we were just another "on-line" reservation that they didn't care about. The food was great...just wished we didn't feel like we were stuck in the kitchen on our anniversary!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This was a great way to celebrate our 34 wedding anniversary. Our server was Silvia and she made us feel like we were the only ones there. Food of course was fabulous and tasty. Only complaint is it was so dark we had to use our cell phones to read the menu. but we muddled thru and enjoyed every minute there.Special Features:
- Fantastic in Every WayelaineKOAVIPDined on 10/11/2014Superb is the best way to describe the evening with the the welcome at the front door, the excellent and gracious service (thank you Laura), ambiance and excellent fish. We had the oysters, a salad with wild mushrooms. warm goat cheese and arugula, then our party had the Alaskan halibut cheeks, and Florida grouper, all beautifully prepared and presented. We finished the evening with bananas foster. We'll return again and again to try the other entrees. They even have outside dining.Special Features:
- eatinginazIluvtoeatDined on 10/11/2014This has been my "go to" place for many years. Great for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Great bread and appetizers. I did notice that on this visit the calamari was not as good as it has been in past. Hope that was a one time thing. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantTheHubVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great restaurant. The staff is outstanding. The manager checked on our table a multle times. Fantastic service and food.Special Features:
- Wildfish - ScottsdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Wildfish has great food, nice choices on the menu and great service.Special Features:
- DougDined on 10/2/2014I ate the scallops and they had little flavor. We prepared and nice presentaion but little scallop flavor.
- CycleronnieCycleronnieDined on 9/28/2014Outstanding food and service. We're only in Phoenix typically once a year and we always go to Wildfish and eat on their patio outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Scottsdale eatery!BennyAZDined on 9/27/2014A moderate special occasion brought us there...had company from out of town and was not sure if they were going to like it. We are seafood lovers but not sure if our friends were too. We found the environment was very charming and conducive to conversation and people watching. We had a great window table and could look out onto Camelback towards the mall. The food was excellent and we were all very pleased!Special Features:
- first time at wildfishcrankyDined on 9/27/2014amazing resturaunt. food is top shelf, creative flavors, upscale atmosphere, very friendly wonderful staff. our new favorite.Special Features:
- Always a good choicebuckeyelucasVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food and ambiance has always been top-notch every time we have gone. The only difference this time around was the service a tad slow on a slow night. Our server was very attentive, but we were constantly waiting for eating utensils, water refills, and a couple other items such as extra plates. When you come to expect a high level of service, you tend to notice when it falls a tad short. However, it will not keep us from coming back. Can't be an A+ every time...I think.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodDonnaFiedlerDined on 9/19/2014Not sure why Wildfish is not a more top-rated restaurant; however, the food and service were simply outstanding! I would highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014This was my first time at Wild Fish. I was extremely happy with the food and service. I will definitely be coming back here again.Special Features:
- Missed the mark.ChasVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had looked forward to a new fish place. Food was tasteless.Special Features:
- TomsRiverVIPDined on 9/13/2014They tried to make the food interesting by layering odd tastes - it didn't work
- wonderful food and servicetrucowgrlDined on 9/8/2014Our food was cooked to perfection. Server knew all items on menu and offered suggestions. It was a very romantic setting and quiet. Loved being able to talk and not be interrupted but others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceNScottsdaleDined on 9/6/2014The salmon and sea bass were great. Lobster bisque soup was great as well. Excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceyPhoenixBirdVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Wildfish and it was a good experience. The food was good, not great, but I would rate it a very good. The prices are high but not unexpected. The one oddity we ran across was that even though the name of the restaurant is Wildfish they only offered farm raised salmon even though it is currently the time of year for the wild Sockeye salmon run. Sooo... I had the redfish which was very good but the sauce was average. I can recommend the lobster and crab bisque which was outstanding. Service was also outstanding and they make a real effort to stay on top of your needs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableschungyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our first time at Wildfish. Staff were attentive & very friendly. We were allowed to enjoy leisurely cocktails while we looked over the menu. We ordered a shrimp cocktail and the steak & lobster tartare as appetizers. I had high hopes for the tartare but was disappointed as it lack seasoning. Scallops & Chilean Sea Bass - the night's special cooked simply - were ordered for entrees. Scallops were exceptional - full of flavor. My dish - the sea bass - while cooked perfectly, was under seasoned. I wish I had ordered it Hong Kong style. Desserts - Godiva molten cake & Bananas Foster cake -were very good...a nice ending. Our waiter, Eric was very helpful in making our selections & there when we needed him. We will return.Special Features:
- Chilean Sea BassReluctantSpenderDined on 8/31/2014The Chilean Sea Bass Hong Kong style was possibly the best fish entree I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- steveDined on 8/30/2014The food and service are definitely upscale and well worth the money!Special Features:
- Most ExcellentRtg76Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service! All six of us had perfectly prepared steaks and sides were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LilyDined on 8/24/2014WE HAD AN OUTSTANDING WAITER - ( NAME - ARI. ) EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- This has become our favorite placeGoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We went here for a special occasion shortly after it opened about 7 years ago. Then we didn't go here for several years. We have now been three times in the last 6 months. It is fantastic. This weekend was for our 17th anniversary and the food was outstanding as was our waiter, Eric. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningTravelalotVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife is very particular about the taste of her fish meals. Here she raved about how her swordfish was perfectly prepared. There are excellent various choices for other fish meals as well as meat options. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood findAKfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Starting with a crab cake that had NO filler that was amazing. Followed up by a starter salad (the mushroom and goat cheese) which had flavors bursting all through it. The 3rd course was market fish which happened to be a broiled sea bass. And they cooked it to perfection. My side dish was the roasted brussels sprouts which were cooked with shallots and bacon. I couldn't stop there though. To finish my meal, I had the berries and cream. What was amazing about my berries and cream was that the cream had NO added sugar. The only sweetener was from the berries. It was perfect! As for the service. It was spot on. People constantly monitored our table to be sure we were not left with empty plates or glasses.Special Features:
- Food is the best!ToriaDined on 8/20/2014I like the calamari, its the best ever. Drinks are really good after a hard day of work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but room for improvementPickering604Dined on 8/17/2014Having been to the restaurant in Newport Beach this one is way below par. The food was a little cold and my fish entree was more a painting than an entree. All style but no substance and poorly seasoned. The appetizers were good but short on protein and long on the noodles.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!AngieDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I dined with two out of town guests. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable of the items on the menu. We had two bottles of wine and enjoyed appetizers. We ordered the calamari and th lobster tacos. Both were delicious. We each ordered dinner entrees and everyone was impressed with their choices. The atmosphere is great and the time flew as we visited with our friends. We will definitely return! Thumbs up to Charlie, our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealkinotomDined on 8/15/2014One of the best meals in recent years. I was traveling and felt like seafood and had never eaten here before. The caesar salad was exceptional and the sea bass was the best I have ever had. Veggies were also delicious.. Server was great and friendly. Cannot recommend more highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Bad handling.wmjoeDined on 8/9/2014We went on 8/9/14 at 7:00 PM ish. The food was good but, didn't appreciate the mgr telling me my son is to loud. He was loud because he was tried. He is almost 2. We had taken him outside after he won't calm down and didn't bring him back in. What I didn't appreciate is the mgr coming over and saying my son was to loud. We had taken care of the situation. My family and I are moving to the area and go to these type of restaurants often. I would consider coming back if mgmt would contact me or give a reason to come back. Thank you. Joe B.
- kalhortonDined on 8/8/2014This place was great we really enjoyed our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Took A Friend For The First Time"AletheaVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Wildfish several times in the past, and have enjoyed all of my meals. This time I wanted to share the experience with a friend. My friend enjoyed the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Appetizer, as well as the Ahi Tuna Entrée. Ari, was a great server! Very timely and attentive. Ask for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite...BigMacDined on 8/1/2014Wildfish hits a great blend of upscale but casual dining. Food is excellent, waitstaff is knowledgeable but relaxed, not pushy or pretentious. Crab cake, lobster tacos to start, oysters always fresh, and the fish specials always on target for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerJgillespieDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary by going to Wild Fish and it didn't disappoint. I enjoyed the best steak of my life and we really enjoyed the lobster taco appetizer as well. Very pricey but a great fit for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1353 reviews are from the Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale reviews archive.
- A bit pricey but great food!DrVonDined on 7/26/2014This is a wonderful place to meet for drinks and appetizers or a full meal. The salads and crab cakes are out of this world. Prices are a bit steep but we'll keep coming back!Special Features:
- Great spot for special occasionsLovenlaffDined on 7/25/2014We went here for Anniversary. Informed restaurant when I made reservations. When we came in, we surprisingle found rose petals on the table along with a card from the staff. Food was delicious, crab cakes, salmon, prime rib & lobster. Our gracious waiter informed us that dessert was on the house for our Anniversary. Wonderful surprise. So the bananas foster was even more delicious. Awesome experience for the evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. The service is on point, the food is delicious and the location is easy to get access. I had the filet mignon and shrimp scampi on a bed of asparagus special. An excellent deal for the price. The filet was cooked perfectly - medium and I didn't require a knife to cut it. The shrimp was also cooked perfectly, not rubbery, with a little snap when bitten. I believe the sauce was a beurre blanc, which complimented the meal. As always I will return for the well timed and friendly service.Special Features: