Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
7135 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 4809944040x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michelle Wickramasuriya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (72)romantic (62)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (13)late-night find (11)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wildfish ReviewTimWDined on 10/20/2014Our dish of Chilean sea bass was to die for--so tender and moist. My only complaint was the price. Quality food is not cheap. This restaurant is perfect for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divasdineDined on 10/20/2014great food and service as always..nice happy hour menu and great atmosphere....one of my favorite spots in scottsdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service plussarkscottsdaleVIPDined on 10/19/2014Excellent service and great food that was served to us by our cordial waiter Colton ... my sister B'day was one of her best !Special Features:
- Disappointed in the Pot StickersVinnyDDined on 10/18/2014This was my first visit to Wildfish. I had made a reservation and was seated right away. The meal started with a bit of a warning flag when the pot stickers we ordered turned out to be overcooked and dry. I've gotten better pot stickers at Costco. I was hoping the rest of the meal wasn't going to be like this. Fortunately, it wasn't. My date ordered the lobster bisque, which she said was very good. For the main course, I had the chilean sea bass. It was the lightest and freshest fish I've ever had. My date had the king crab legs, which she loved. The only other complaint is that I would have liked a larger beer selection, but their emphasis is on wine. Overall, it was very good.Special Features:
- Fresh SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Always the very best seafood in Scottsdale. Coming from New England I could tell the first time I ate here that they have a lot of seafood from the Atlantic Ocean.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent service; everyone was friendly and helpful; Our waiter was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would get 5's but $$$$phxfoodieDined on 10/18/2014$40 for Chilean Sea Bass is higher than any place I've been, and I've been to several premium sea food restaurants in the last few years. I would give this place great marks across the board aside from the high prices. All of the entrees are a la carte, so if you want a side, you'll have to pay $10-12 more per plate. All that aside, the overall experience was very good. Their entrees were rich with excellent sauces. The crab cake was yummy, but again the sauce made it great. I chose this restaurant assuming we could get out of here for less than what it would cost to eat at Elements, for example. Sadly, this exceeded that cost and the food, although very good, wasn't up to par with Elements.I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxed atmosphereOTIMEinAZDined on 10/17/2014On the way to the restaurant I walked by Culinary Dropout.....vibrant scene and a lot of energy....got to Wildfish and it was relaxed, quiet...perfect for anniversary dinner...server was awesome...the food was very good - but the filet was chewy cooked medium and the shrimp was too? I kept thinking Dominick's in N. Scottsdale had a steak with my name on it. I should have ordered the seafood but nothing really caught my eye on the menu...oh well... the server made up for it as he was very attentive...Special Features:
- Gotta Love ScottsdaleAwesome48Dined on 10/16/2014Sometimes, you just want to go to a great American restaurant. That's Wildfish Seafood Grille. There's plenty of options for both the conservative and adventurous diner. The quality is second-to-none. And the servers are experienced, friendly, and always on top of things. The place isn't cheap, but is well worth it. Everything comes to the table as ordered; don't worry, you won't have to send anything back. From appetizers to the "don't miss" desserts, Wildfish is a great place. This restaurant is part of a group that includes other types of dining. I've been to them as well, and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grest service/dissapointing foodrivierajohnDined on 10/15/2014As long time customers of Eddie V's we were anxious to try Wildfish. We were greated and seated and served a fantastic martini and Michelle our server offered many wine options and we were extreemly pleased with the attention she delivered. We ordered the seafood tower and the prime rib/ ribeye bone in which is usually a very safe steak being tender and flavourful. The seafood tower was fresh and prepared well, the steak was flavourful however not tender and a great deal of grissle for a prime cut. The great service will prompt us to return however we will keep our selections to seafood. Loved the atmosphere! Next visit will be on the gorgeous deck!Special Features:
- Never disappointed!ALMESAVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is one of our favorites. Food and service are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningbadmdDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is tops on our list of places to go for a romantic, elegant dining experience. We celebrated our wedding anniversary there and when we arrived at our table we found rose petals scattered over the table top. The meal was memorable and the complimentary desert (because it was a wedding anniversary) added a nice touch. This was an absolute 5 star dining experience.Special Features:
- What a great night!DunedevilDined on 10/12/2014The Calamari appetizer was amazing, my wife and I enjoyed it throughly. My wife had the ahi tuna and I had the jumbo white gulf prawns. Both meals were unbelievable and the seafood seemed extremely fresh and was very well prepared. We followed this up with the Bananas Foster sponge cake. What a great ending to a wonderful night. Thank you Wildfish for making our anniversary such an amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...disappointing tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were there to enjoy our 26th wedding anniversary and I made a reservation ahead of time thinking that would help ensure a good table. I won't use OpenTable again for a special occasion. We got to the restaurant and asked if there was seating outside but there supposedly wasn't anything available...fine...but then we were taken past all the open tables in the entire restaurant to the farthest table in the back of the restaurant right next to the kitchen. All we heard all night was pots and pans banging and I felt like we were just another "on-line" reservation that they didn't care about. The food was great...just wished we didn't feel like we were stuck in the kitchen on our anniversary!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This was a great way to celebrate our 34 wedding anniversary. Our server was Silvia and she made us feel like we were the only ones there. Food of course was fabulous and tasty. Only complaint is it was so dark we had to use our cell phones to read the menu. but we muddled thru and enjoyed every minute there.Special Features:
- Fantastic in Every WayelaineKOAVIPDined on 10/11/2014Superb is the best way to describe the evening with the the welcome at the front door, the excellent and gracious service (thank you Laura), ambiance and excellent fish. We had the oysters, a salad with wild mushrooms. warm goat cheese and arugula, then our party had the Alaskan halibut cheeks, and Florida grouper, all beautifully prepared and presented. We finished the evening with bananas foster. We'll return again and again to try the other entrees. They even have outside dining.Special Features:
- eatinginazIluvtoeatDined on 10/11/2014This has been my "go to" place for many years. Great for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Great bread and appetizers. I did notice that on this visit the calamari was not as good as it has been in past. Hope that was a one time thing. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantTheHubVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great restaurant. The staff is outstanding. The manager checked on our table a multle times. Fantastic service and food.Special Features:
- Wildfish - ScottsdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Wildfish has great food, nice choices on the menu and great service.Special Features:
- DougDined on 10/2/2014I ate the scallops and they had little flavor. We prepared and nice presentaion but little scallop flavor.
- CycleronnieCycleronnieDined on 9/28/2014Outstanding food and service. We're only in Phoenix typically once a year and we always go to Wildfish and eat on their patio outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Scottsdale eatery!BennyAZDined on 9/27/2014A moderate special occasion brought us there...had company from out of town and was not sure if they were going to like it. We are seafood lovers but not sure if our friends were too. We found the environment was very charming and conducive to conversation and people watching. We had a great window table and could look out onto Camelback towards the mall. The food was excellent and we were all very pleased!Special Features:
- first time at wildfishcrankyDined on 9/27/2014amazing resturaunt. food is top shelf, creative flavors, upscale atmosphere, very friendly wonderful staff. our new favorite.Special Features:
- Always a good choicebuckeyelucasVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food and ambiance has always been top-notch every time we have gone. The only difference this time around was the service a tad slow on a slow night. Our server was very attentive, but we were constantly waiting for eating utensils, water refills, and a couple other items such as extra plates. When you come to expect a high level of service, you tend to notice when it falls a tad short. However, it will not keep us from coming back. Can't be an A+ every time...I think.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodDonnaFiedlerDined on 9/19/2014Not sure why Wildfish is not a more top-rated restaurant; however, the food and service were simply outstanding! I would highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014This was my first time at Wild Fish. I was extremely happy with the food and service. I will definitely be coming back here again.Special Features:
- Missed the mark.ChasVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had looked forward to a new fish place. Food was tasteless.Special Features:
- TomsRiverVIPDined on 9/13/2014They tried to make the food interesting by layering odd tastes - it didn't work
- wonderful food and servicetrucowgrlDined on 9/8/2014Our food was cooked to perfection. Server knew all items on menu and offered suggestions. It was a very romantic setting and quiet. Loved being able to talk and not be interrupted but others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceNScottsdaleDined on 9/6/2014The salmon and sea bass were great. Lobster bisque soup was great as well. Excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceyPhoenixBirdVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Wildfish and it was a good experience. The food was good, not great, but I would rate it a very good. The prices are high but not unexpected. The one oddity we ran across was that even though the name of the restaurant is Wildfish they only offered farm raised salmon even though it is currently the time of year for the wild Sockeye salmon run. Sooo... I had the redfish which was very good but the sauce was average. I can recommend the lobster and crab bisque which was outstanding. Service was also outstanding and they make a real effort to stay on top of your needs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableschungyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our first time at Wildfish. Staff were attentive & very friendly. We were allowed to enjoy leisurely cocktails while we looked over the menu. We ordered a shrimp cocktail and the steak & lobster tartare as appetizers. I had high hopes for the tartare but was disappointed as it lack seasoning. Scallops & Chilean Sea Bass - the night's special cooked simply - were ordered for entrees. Scallops were exceptional - full of flavor. My dish - the sea bass - while cooked perfectly, was under seasoned. I wish I had ordered it Hong Kong style. Desserts - Godiva molten cake & Bananas Foster cake -were very good...a nice ending. Our waiter, Eric was very helpful in making our selections & there when we needed him. We will return.Special Features:
- Chilean Sea BassReluctantSpenderDined on 8/31/2014The Chilean Sea Bass Hong Kong style was possibly the best fish entree I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- steveDined on 8/30/2014The food and service are definitely upscale and well worth the money!Special Features:
- Most ExcellentRtg76Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and service! All six of us had perfectly prepared steaks and sides were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LilyDined on 8/24/2014WE HAD AN OUTSTANDING WAITER - ( NAME - ARI. ) EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- This has become our favorite placeGoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We went here for a special occasion shortly after it opened about 7 years ago. Then we didn't go here for several years. We have now been three times in the last 6 months. It is fantastic. This weekend was for our 17th anniversary and the food was outstanding as was our waiter, Eric. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningTravelalotVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife is very particular about the taste of her fish meals. Here she raved about how her swordfish was perfectly prepared. There are excellent various choices for other fish meals as well as meat options. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood findAKfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Starting with a crab cake that had NO filler that was amazing. Followed up by a starter salad (the mushroom and goat cheese) which had flavors bursting all through it. The 3rd course was market fish which happened to be a broiled sea bass. And they cooked it to perfection. My side dish was the roasted brussels sprouts which were cooked with shallots and bacon. I couldn't stop there though. To finish my meal, I had the berries and cream. What was amazing about my berries and cream was that the cream had NO added sugar. The only sweetener was from the berries. It was perfect! As for the service. It was spot on. People constantly monitored our table to be sure we were not left with empty plates or glasses.Special Features:
- Food is the best!ToriaDined on 8/20/2014I like the calamari, its the best ever. Drinks are really good after a hard day of work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.