Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio
1834 N Loop 1604 W
San Antonio, TX 78248Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 2104931600x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour from 4:00-7:00pm (in the Bar & Lounge areas). Dinner served at 5:00pm. Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Djilali
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Planning an event? The open air-patio or either side of our casual, contemporary dining room is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or group of 10 or more. Our General Manager will be happy to answer any of your questions and see to every detail. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season!
- Private Party Contact: Michael Conway, General Manager 2104931600x
- Special Events: Wild Fish Seafood Grill is the place to be every night for HAPPY HOUR! Join the crowd (in the Bar & Lounge Areas), 4-7 pm, Tuesday thru Saturday and ALL DAY Sunday and Monday, featuring discounted appetizers, $1 Gulf oysters and special priced drinks including our nightly wine by the glass and martini specials.
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio
Eddie V's Restaurants brings Wildfish Seafood Grille to San Antonio. Open for dinner nightly, Wildfish is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The bar is the place to be for HAPPY HOUR, 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week featuring discounted appetizers, including $1 Gulf oysters and special priced drinks. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (218)romantic (155)fit for foodies (123)notable wine list (110)vibrant bar scene (105)hot spot (76)great for outdoor dining (72)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (48)late-night find (31)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (9)Show More
- Wildfishffern86Dined on 8/31/2014I have eaten at this restaurant before, and for it to be my second time around I was able to introduce this dinning experience with another individual. We were truly grateful for the experience and quality in food this establishment provides and most of all the service.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was amazing and the server made my boyfriends bday very special by bringing him a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We are here Friday to celebrate my husbands birthday, the food was spectacular and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014Great food and service. First time there but can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- very disappointed with the service!ClaudiaDined on 8/28/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants but this time we got an awful service from the waitress (Lisa) . She had many mistakes on our food ordered and the check, but never apologized for this,instead she was rude and not in a good mood. Very disappointed with this kind of service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandynjoeDined on 8/25/2014Food is just outstanding. Thank you for the special care for our wheelchair guest. This is always a place we take family and guest because we can depend on great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodOutwegoDined on 8/25/2014We went for our anniversary on a Monday. Monday is a great day to go as most restaurants are not extremely busy. Reservation was at 6:30. We were seated promptly. The waiter was great. He was informative with the menu, quick with the order and the drinks. The food choices were vast and flavor of the food was outstanding. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights there are extremely busy. The bar can be a very high volue of noise on these nights. We no longer go on theses 3 nights. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect again!SeguinbearDined on 8/25/2014Went back for a second time, ordered completely different entrees, and it was all perfect. Service, wine, food, drinks, pace of meal, dessert.Special Features:
- Wildfish never fails to delight!YUMMYDined on 8/24/2014Be aware that portions are huge and could easily serve 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant week menu but I have to say the my filet medallions were good but not nearly as good as other times I had filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's FindRedKnightDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I are confessed foodies. San Antonio actually has more to offer the culinarily curious than one would expect, and Wildfish is one of those places. You don't expect to find exceptional seafood prepared with that level of sophistication in a city so far from any coast, but here it is. I had the sea bass while my wife had the sole, and we were both very happy with the results. However, I've always found that it's in the side dishes that you can determine the quality of a restaurant. A master of dietary deception might be able to hide the flaws in a main dish behind intelligent plating and saucing, but the side dishes are often prepared by other staff and tell a truer story. The side dishes at Wildfish are exquisite, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SpeedyDined on 8/22/2014We had the calamari, potstickers, lobster bisque, scallops, redfish, and filet mignon. It was all VERY good!!Special Features:
- Good, not GreatEricaDined on 8/22/2014We decided to hit up restaurant week as we have dined with Wildfish before and enjoyed it. The service was lovely and the amount of food served for the price was great. Unfortunately the food was uninspired and forgettable. I would love to have seen some off menu options or something creative and different. Basic roasted chicken, seared salmon or grilled beef? Meh. I'm sure restaurants a three course $35 dinner menu is limiting, but if you opt to participate in the event then really participate. It could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!bubbadDined on 8/22/2014This was our favorite choice during Restaurant Week. The food was delicious, the portions full sized, and the service was great. Everything was constantly being monitored by two or three floor managers who were sincerely interested in pleasing the customer. We have discovered a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, but not the lastTwistedtat2Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful date night. I will say that it is a bit loud, but we were sat at a table on the side of the restaraunt where it was much quieter. I'm always a bit nervous going to a new restaraunt, as my wife and I are covered in tattoos. But as usual in the stone oak area, we were treated wonderfully from the moment we walked in. The waiter was great in helping is choose the perfect food for our tastes.We had oysters & lobster tacos to start, both wonderful.The shrimp and lobster bisque was also great.Main course was the swordfish and lemon sole plates,both terrific and reasonably priced.Dessert was a pineapple upside down cake doused with liqueur and set ablaze, delicious. The Manager was very nice as well. Definitely going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh the pain!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Uncomfortable. Booths seating made for giants-I needed a kiddie seat. Ended up with backache. Noise level was unbearable. Wanted to leave as soon as we could.
- Great Eats!PickyEaterSADined on 8/21/2014First time diner and wasn't sure what to expect. Vegetarian option was amazing! Veggies were cooked to perfection and the Mac and Cheese was very good! Hubby's said steak was excellent. We had Bananas Foster for desert...it was pure goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent great food and serviceSAfoodieDined on 8/20/2014Dining at Wildfish is one of my SA favs because they never disappoint. Each time I visit the great food and service is consistent. I know my experience there will be worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceLisaPDined on 8/20/2014went with a friend last night to try Wildfish, was not disappointed. Food was amazing and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food and Superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We went to Wildfish during Restaurant Week and had the best experience compared to all the other restaurants we had visited during that week. I highly recommend this restaurant at any time.Special Features:
- CharlieSrPGXTDined on 8/19/2014Rae, the server was fantastic. Chris, the manager equally so. If you are looking for excellent food and service and attitude this is the place to be. Chilean Sea bass gets a five star rating!Special Features:
- Fantastic 25th AnniversaryWalrusDined on 8/18/2014This was our first time at Wildfish and definitely will not be the last. Yes, it was expensive, but we had way more food than we would normally have since we tried many items. Outstanding wine selection. Portions definitely large enough to split. Roy was our waiter and we will ask for him when we go back - attentive but not hovering. Décor is one of the finest in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FishGrandmaShirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a great meal at Wildfish last Sunday. We went 6:30 to avoid the crowds so that the noise was not a comfort issue. Our food was really delicious and the waiter, Tony, was attentive and helpful. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very enjoyable this time.ToadieDined on 8/17/2014I went thinking it would be outstanding and it was okay. We ordered from restaurant week fix prix menu. My friend's tenderloin/shriimp entree was oustanding, however my salmon was very oily with very few vegetables. Lobster bisque was very good and so was chocolate mousse cake. The serving of the later was very large. Really the most disappointing thing about the dinner was the wine. I ordered a 2011 Chilean wine- Los Vascos- first entry on the wine list # 601 and I received a 2012 vintage. I was told they sold out of the 2011; believe me it was not the same.Special Features:
- Great TimestscDined on 8/16/2014Thank you for the wonderful dinner and fun evening! Our out-of-towners loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite place!FeedMeSeymourDined on 8/16/2014We arrived at the restaurant with reservations and were seated immediately. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was perfect for a night out with friends. The food was amazing. The tuna steak was cooked to perfection. Make sure to save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service but good foodTexannaDined on 8/16/2014Both of our meals were very good, cooked perfectly. We've eaten there before & it is always good. Arrivef about 6:00, earlier than we ever had before because it was Sunday. The dinner section was not busy, but the bar was full. We had a great waiter who was very friendly and personable. The service was very slow, surprising since not many diners, but I guess the bar patrons were keeping them busy. I had a glass of wine that I finished before our appetizer came. We had appetizers and waited a long time for our entrees, in the meanwhile I asked to order a drink while we waited since it was still happy hour and was told I could not have the happy hour price since we were having dinner. Skipped the drink. Irritated me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food every time!fishyfishDined on 8/15/2014Been here twice and the quality was consistent. The wine pairing suggested by our waiter was good but I felt it was a bit overpriced. The bisque is the best in town and the sea bass is also tough to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in San AntonioTex58Dined on 8/14/2014Highly recommended, Can be crowded, so reservations are recommendedSpecial Features:
- Just Great!rockstarDined on 8/9/2014Wildfish was wonderful! We booked on Open Table and noted that we were having an Anniversary and we were treated like rock stars. All the wait staff acknowledged our special day. The food, oh my goodness, it was so good from the succulent crab cake to the chowder, to the fish dishes to the key lime baked alaska....everything was so very good. We will be going backSpecial Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding wait staff, incredible food, great ambience. One of the best dinning experiences ever. Possibly the best restaurant in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level ruined it.UnimpressedDined on 8/8/2014The service was great up until the food came then they all disappeared which would have been okay if I wasn't so thirsty. Food was great, but don't forget to order sides. Most entrees are just the main course. Then there is the noise. Oh the noise. If your party is more than 4 people, you can forget conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite YES!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/8/2014Delicious from start to finish! Totally worth the drive! Make reservations ahead of time as the restaurant fills up quickly! Only bad thing is that you can't bring your own wine!
- Exceeded our expectations!LoveStruckVIPDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I found Wildfish on Opentable as we were looking for a place to dine with our two children, and didn't quite know what to expect. The food was excellent (calamari is a must-have, along with the halibut), and the service was phenomenal (our server, Rae, was a native of San Antonio and shared great stories while responding to our every need)!! That said, it's not the most kid-friendly place...they have no kid's menu. Who pays nearly $20 for chicken tenders, fries and a drink? Even though my daughter and I split the halibut, and my husband and I only ordered one appetizer and one cocktail/ea, we still spent over $240. It was worth every dime, but I think we'll leave the kids at home next time. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and noisypotterydogDined on 8/7/2014If your hearing is very good, you may be able to hold a conversation. Other than that, we all loved the food and the service, which was way above the norm.Special Features:
- Fresh, Trendy and Well Done!LoraVDined on 8/6/2014Our party of 3 came for dinner to celebrate a special occasion and we were very impressed at the excellent and attentive service throughout. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating to our special requests. The food was very nicely prepared and all 3 fish dishes we had were noticeably fresh and expertly presented. Our desserts were delicious, but very large for one person. The noise level was on the loud side and it was difficult to hear our conversations with each other and the staff at times. However, the atmosphere was lively and overall pleasing. We veryuch enjoyed our dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantmamasculleyVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is the perfect spot for large groups with so many different meals to choose from, everyone will find something they will enjoy. The wine list offers a variety to compliment any meal. Wait staff is wonderful and accommodating.Special Features:
- jerberDined on 8/4/2014The staff there are outstanding as the food is . Great place for a first date and there after, They put rose pedals on the table or our first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodTexasfoodloversDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent and service was good but place was very noisy and by no means romantic. Parking was also an issue so opted for valet parking. Needs improvement on lobster n shrimp bisque but lobster tacos and the Parmesan halibut were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SAFOODIEDined on 8/2/2014FOOD IS INCREDIBLE; FRESH, AND SERVICE SPECTACULAR! GREAT PLACE FOR FOODIES, AND DEFINITELY AN "IN" PLACE. YOU HAVE TO TRY THE YELLOWTAIL SUSHIMI APPETIZER-AMAZING!Special Features: