Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio
1834 N Loop 1604 W
San Antonio, TX 78248Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 2104931600x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour from 4:00-7:00pm (in the Bar & Lounge areas). Dinner served at 5:00pm. Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Djilali
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Planning an event? The open air-patio or either side of our casual, contemporary dining room is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or group of 10 or more. Our General Manager will be happy to answer any of your questions and see to every detail. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season!
- Private Party Contact: Michael Conway, General Manager 2104931600x
- Special Events: Wild Fish Seafood Grill is the place to be every night for HAPPY HOUR! Join the crowd (in the Bar & Lounge Areas), 4-7 pm, Tuesday thru Saturday and ALL DAY Sunday and Monday, featuring discounted appetizers, $1 Gulf oysters and special priced drinks including our nightly wine by the glass and martini specials.
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio
Eddie V's Restaurants brings Wildfish Seafood Grille to San Antonio. Open for dinner nightly, Wildfish is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The bar is the place to be for HAPPY HOUR, 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week featuring discounted appetizers, including $1 Gulf oysters and special priced drinks. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (214)romantic (157)fit for foodies (128)vibrant bar scene (110)notable wine list (108)hot spot (77)great for outdoor dining (65)good for groups (58)neighborhood gem (49)late-night find (28)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Upscale sea foodRyanDined on 9/19/2014Service=excellent. Waiter was knowledgable, friendly, and attentive. Ambience = better for a group. Stylish interior but very loud...probably not a place to go for a nice, quiet romantic meal. Food=very good...4/5. Started with the lobster bisque which was just ok though. Too be honest, expected much better flavor for the bisque from a high end seafood restaurant. Had the ahi tuna (rare, seared) for the entree which was very good and is driving my 4/5 rating. Came with some avocado and mango which paired very nicely with the tuna. Definitely worth a try if you like seafood....just bring the wallet as it'll probably run you at least $100-130 for a coupleSpecial Features:
- AnnettePickyEaterSADined on 9/16/2014Great food, excellent service but it can get a little loud. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014For that special anniversary we went to the Wild Fish. We had a super evening. The service was excellent without being overbearing. We had halibut and sword fish cooked to perfection. The fresh wild mushroom salad was a pleasure to eat. We did not eat inside because the noise was too much, and we were very happy to be outside on the terrace where we could talk. We definitely recommend that restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rendezvous in NW San AntonioCaughtagoodoneDined on 9/15/2014We drove down from Austin, rendezvous'd with people coming in from Medina and someone else coming from S. E. San Antonio in Rush hour Traffic. The Wildfish location was good for all of us....easy to get to right off 1604 with plenty of parking....good service... Wonderful menu...and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- The Spot!!!CurtisDined on 9/14/2014Wildfish Seafood Grille is truly an amazing restaurant. The staff were warm and inviting from the time I stepped in the door, throughout my evening, and including my departure. I enjoyed the Halibet Filet with Broccoli and a baked potato, a meal which was one of fine dining, generously portioned, and well worth the price. Compliments to the chef! I look forward to enjoying another night as a guest of Wildfish Seafood Grille. I am thankful for the pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST EXCELLENT!!RafasamDined on 9/14/2014This is a neighborhood gem!!! The food is amaizing, all you choose from "La Carte" is delicious!! I really recomend The North Atlantic Lemmon Sole, it's a Parmesan Crusted Sole fish that you wont have anywhere like in Wild Fish, Expectacular!!!!! The bar is very nice, good for hanging out with friends and meet people, also very romantic for a special occasion. GREAT!!!Special Features:
- Always a good day!MobtrDined on 9/13/2014No matter what kind of day the service and food are always so good that your day has to get better. Must haves are the pineapple upside down caked warmed by pouring lit rum on it to toast the outer sides while the middle remains soft anf moist...should also have the lobster fried rice and my wifes favorite fladh fried cold water lobster tail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kinda disappointedstevenangie05Dined on 9/13/2014This was my husband's and I second visit. First visit was our anniversary and it was perfect. Our waitress was Marissa (?) Who was great and the food was wonderful. So when we had to spend the weekend in San Antonio, we knew we had to go back. Unfortunately, our service was not so great. I asked the waiter for tea with no lemon he brought me tea with extra lemon. Three times!!! Took forever to take our order and rarely checked on us. Our crab rice was already getting cold when it was served. Much better hot but good. Hopefully our waiter was new and he will get better. But we probably won't go back there the next time we are in San Antonio. At least for awhile. When it's 100 plus for two to eat the service has to be as good as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly wonderful experienceDonnaDined on 9/13/2014We were so lucky to have an extremely experienced and knowledgeable server who gave good recommendations in wine and entrees. The oysters were superb! A great place to entertain our out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMrBoatVIPDined on 9/13/2014Even if you had a disappointing experience in the past, Wildfish is now operating at a high level. Food was fresh and delicious. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyTgsul09Dined on 9/7/2014Wildfish made my birthday very special! The whole family enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfish Saved our AnniversaryTS29Dined on 9/5/2014We had planned to go to Silo Elevated but were greeted poorly and we were seated next to the kitchen (we saw over 15 open tables). As we had made a reservation at Silo 10 days in advance, we were so disappointed that we couldn't hear a word from each other or the wait staff. So we left Silo and came to Wildfish Seafood Grille. The atmosphere was very enjoyable. While there was noise, as it was a busy Saturday night, it was energetic. Not like at unpleasant Silo where all we heard were clamoring dishes. The food was very good. When the wait staff heard it was our anniversary, they decorated our table with rose petals and threw in a nice bananas foster for desert. It was an enjoyable evening and we will go back for a meal out on the patio!Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencePatti09Dined on 9/5/2014This was our first time to try the restaurant and it will not be our last. We had a wonderful meal and attentive service even though the restaurant was busy on a Friday night. The staff was very friendly. We were close to the bar and the noise level was a little high but we could still have a conversation. The crab cake appetizer was excellent as was the swordfish.Special Features:
- Meal acceptable, no plans to returnTeDigoDined on 9/3/2014I had heard good things about this restaurant so, finding ourselves in loopland at dinner time we decided to try it. If not for the front patio, I do not think we would have stayed. Interior is post-modern cavern, dimly lit and, with all hard surfaces, with high noise level when there is a good crowd. The front patio was pleasant. Service was reasonable. The food was good, but not outstanding. The wine selection was not particularly challenging and the markups over retail were fairly steep from 5x (for lower priced bottles) to 3x for higher. All-in-all, it was an OK meal, with prices reflective of its high rent location but nothing special.Special Features:
- DFloveDFloveDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I had a fantastic time for her birthday. The service was exceptional, the staff was great. Your manager Chris Madere took care of us like we were family. Our waiters were very prompt, attentive, personable, and knowledgeable. I couldn't have asked for a better night to spend with my wife on her birthday. The food was a great value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, bring a jacketRichSTexasDined on 9/3/2014We had 6 people in our party. The main courses were outstanding, everything from steak to tuna to mac & cheese (for the kids). The side dishes were only average, but the desserts were top notch. The restaurant was freezing cold so bring a sweater or light jacket. I will eat here again, and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidDunbardonDined on 9/3/2014Wildfish Seafood Grille is an "A" list find. The food is delicious and the service is friendly and very attentive without being annoying..very first rate. My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversay and this was the perfect spot for us. We started our evening with a bottle of champagne that was perfectly iced. The Red Fish is delcious and perfectly prepared. In recognition of our anniversary, the management treated us to a wonderful Bananas Foster which was flambed at our table. This restaurant has won us over, it's a little pricey, but worth it and we'll definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Experiencefood4lifeDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Wildfish and were so glad we did. Everything was wonderful. I normally love steak or lobsters but decided on the calamari & salt/pepper shrimp appetizers (excellent!) and the Parmesan fish which was fabulous. Two can share the sides. Don't leave without having the scrumptious bananas foster paired w/butter pecan ice cream! He doesn't like bananas but devoured the rum cake! I would go again for the fish & loaded baked potato (the small one feeds 2 people) and the desert alone! They put rose petals on our table and every worker knew that we were celebrating an anniversary and people dropped by all evening wishing us a happy anniversary. Very Special! Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The atmosphere, the food, the service.... all were first rate. Great evening!Special Features:
- Another Great night at Wild Fishjacs55Dined on 9/1/2014Simply put, consistanly superb Service, delivering extremely flavorful food and drink, which always make for a excellent evening.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceoldmanbellVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had a great evening with evening special halibut. The waiter was there when needed, and a great listener. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealKailuadudeDined on 8/31/2014Love this restaurant! One of the best meals we've ever had. The fried oyster appetizer was delish. We got the filet mignon special and scallops. The lobster bisque was great. The bananas foster cake dessert was the perfect finish to a great meal. We will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday GiftOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This is a perfect restaurant to take your loved one to for a special occasion. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfishffern86Dined on 8/31/2014I have eaten at this restaurant before, and for it to be my second time around I was able to introduce this dinning experience with another individual. We were truly grateful for the experience and quality in food this establishment provides and most of all the service.Special Features:
- One of the Best in San AntonioJoeSADined on 8/31/2014The service is off the charts. The food is very good. We have dined here several times and keep coming back. It's nice to have this restaurant in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very good food, the fish was fresh and cooked to perfection. The sides were generous and very tasty. Our waiter did not interrupt our dinner every 15 minutes asking if everything was ok, which we appreciated. She also recommended an excellent wine. Dessert was so good and super large portions, we may share next time. So, the not so good, it was really dark in there, we had to use our phones for lights and we weren't the only ones doing that. It was also surprisingly noisy and loud, really loud. There were no boisterous people, I guess just the acoustics amplified sound. I also would like to see some vegetarian main dishes. Otherwise, excellent food and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh IngredientsPrestoneDined on 8/30/2014Fish and vegetables are very fresh. GooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddddddddddSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was amazing and the server made my boyfriends bday very special by bringing him a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CDS08Dined on 8/29/2014We are here Friday to celebrate my husbands birthday, the food was spectacular and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014Great food and service. First time there but can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- very disappointed with the service!ClaudiaDined on 8/28/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants but this time we got an awful service from the waitress (Lisa) . She had many mistakes on our food ordered and the check, but never apologized for this,instead she was rude and not in a good mood. Very disappointed with this kind of service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandynjoeDined on 8/25/2014Food is just outstanding. Thank you for the special care for our wheelchair guest. This is always a place we take family and guest because we can depend on great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodOutwegoDined on 8/25/2014We went for our anniversary on a Monday. Monday is a great day to go as most restaurants are not extremely busy. Reservation was at 6:30. We were seated promptly. The waiter was great. He was informative with the menu, quick with the order and the drinks. The food choices were vast and flavor of the food was outstanding. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights there are extremely busy. The bar can be a very high volue of noise on these nights. We no longer go on theses 3 nights. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect again!SeguinbearDined on 8/25/2014Went back for a second time, ordered completely different entrees, and it was all perfect. Service, wine, food, drinks, pace of meal, dessert.Special Features:
- Wildfish never fails to delight!YUMMYDined on 8/24/2014Be aware that portions are huge and could easily serve 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant week menu but I have to say the my filet medallions were good but not nearly as good as other times I had filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Was SubparVersedDined on 8/23/2014We arrived on a busy Saturday night and were seated right away. The waiter initially came by within a reasonable amount of time. However, when we stated we did not want alcohol, his tone changed. My wife asked if there were gluten free items and he was not helpful and seemed irritated. Our food came and my wife's steak and shrimp were excellent and she loved the creme brulee. My Redfish was flavorful and piping hot! The waiter forgot my crab fried rice and I was not able to flag him down the 2 times he flew by our table. He never came by to check on us. At the end I told him to take the rice off the bill and he did offer to give me a take home portion gratis.Special Features:
- A Foodie's FindRedKnightDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I are confessed foodies. San Antonio actually has more to offer the culinarily curious than one would expect, and Wildfish is one of those places. You don't expect to find exceptional seafood prepared with that level of sophistication in a city so far from any coast, but here it is. I had the sea bass while my wife had the sole, and we were both very happy with the results. However, I've always found that it's in the side dishes that you can determine the quality of a restaurant. A master of dietary deception might be able to hide the flaws in a main dish behind intelligent plating and saucing, but the side dishes are often prepared by other staff and tell a truer story. The side dishes at Wildfish are exquisite, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SpeedyDined on 8/22/2014We had the calamari, potstickers, lobster bisque, scallops, redfish, and filet mignon. It was all VERY good!!Special Features:
- Good, not GreatEricaDined on 8/22/2014We decided to hit up restaurant week as we have dined with Wildfish before and enjoyed it. The service was lovely and the amount of food served for the price was great. Unfortunately the food was uninspired and forgettable. I would love to have seen some off menu options or something creative and different. Basic roasted chicken, seared salmon or grilled beef? Meh. I'm sure restaurants a three course $35 dinner menu is limiting, but if you opt to participate in the event then really participate. It could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.