Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
1370 Bison Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 9497209925
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30-10:00 Monday - Thursday 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy hour 4:00pm - 7pm nightly. All night Sunday and Mondays
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Keith Stich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR, enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4:00 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays.
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)fit for foodies (122)vibrant bar scene (104)neighborhood gem (101)notable wine list (81)romantic (67)good for groups (61)hot spot (53)great for outdoor dining (34)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)Show More
- BunkerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have dined there many times and always loved it. Saturday nite was a disappointment & only because of service .waiter did not speak clearly & when he finally took drink orders got bottle of wine but forgot glass & what I ordered. Had to tell him we were ready to order & ask about specials. Food as always good but waiter very scarce. Brought water & that was it other than bring check .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Fig & OlivePorscheDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 10 and everything the Fig & Olive wouldn't do, Wildfish did. As a result, we had a great time and will definitely come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Best place to go for a birthday. It was my boyfriends birthday and it was so nice. They greeted us by name, gave him a handwritten birthday card and a rose for me. When it was time for dessert, they let him chose his complimentary dessert. Food was great overall and our server was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not disappointfredmDined on 9/12/2014knowledgeable and attentive service. outstanding food. hard to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is fantastic with a wonderful menu, superb service and excellent food. The only small complaint is that it on the noisy side. If you sit outside on the patio, that problem goes away.Special Features:
- A Great Surprise off the FreewayschambliDined on 9/12/2014We went to Catalina Island for the day and were looking for a place in Newport Beach to have dinner. Didn't realize how far inland this was, but have no regrets for trying. Excellent food, service and general ambiance. Highly responsive team works together to ensure the experience is a good one from the moment you walk in the door. Already planning another visit here!Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 9/10/2014Have eaten here several times. This visit was disappointing. Food was only mediocre at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, but Too NoisyLindaLVIPDined on 9/10/2014I found the menu offerings and food at Wildfish great. However, it is much too noisy, and we couldn't hear ourselves think as well as what each other was saying. This is the only reason for my overall rating of "good." The food is super, the service great as well. But the noise level is just to loud to really enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group - good servicecinshepDined on 9/9/2014We had a large group and the service was excellent. We were seated right away and served within very reasonable times. The group in general enjoyed the meal. I had the special Ono and was disappointed in the overall flavors. The fish was very fresh but under seasoned and bland. No sauce to spice it up and the rice tasted like it came out of a bag - again, no flavor. I actually added salt to the meal and still tasted bland. I recommend this restaurant but don't order the Ono.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Took my wife for her birthday. Ordered calamari, scallops, and a ribeye with a side of broccolini and Brussels sprouts. Calamari was good. It had burnt cashews but overall a decent dish. My wife ordered scallops. The flavoring is pretty good but after the first bite, every other scallop had sand, which means they didn't clean it that well. My ribeye was just ordinary. It gave out burnt the first time. After speaking with the manager, he offered to cook another steak. He offer a complimentary soup, which I had the lobster bisque. When it came, it was salty and the lobster was added on top instead of inside the soup. It was cold lobster on too of a warm soup. Overall it was nothing I expected since many reviewed this place as pretty good.
- 1st Timers-Special OccasionAnthonyDined on 9/6/2014I took my Wife to Wildfish to celebrate her birthday. It was our first time there. We were warmly greeted by the staff and they were genuinely happy that I brought my wife there to celebrate her birthday after I told them it was our first time there & the occasion for our visit. We waited for our table at the bar. Once our table was ready we were promptly seated & waiting at our table was a birthday greeting card from the greet staff. We recommend the Lobster Tacos. My Wife & I were both surprised by the nice portions of lobster meat in each taco. My Wife was pleased with the Shrimp and Crab Chop salad. The Pacific Ahi Tuna did not disappoint. The Godiva Chocolate birthday dessert was a very nice end to our meal. Enjoy & Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- WildFish Seafood GrilleMarkHDined on 9/6/2014My dining experience at Wildfish Seafood Grille in Newport Beach was stellar. I took my Mom there for a Birthday dinner. The wine selection was excellent as was to food. All of the dishes were expertly prepared, and presented. Our waiter, Cody, was extremely helpful with pairing wine, selecting dishes and even helping my gluten-free Mom make selections. My only regret is that I did not overtip Cody more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014The wait staff here really are good. We're glad to have this in town as locals. Consistently good food. Crab on top of many dishes!Special Features:
- Very Good, Could Have Been BetterMalbariaDined on 9/4/2014It's a beautiful place, the food very good, the service was attentive and professional. Two thing kept me from rating it higher. #1 it really is very pricey, and #2, it may have been an unusual night, but the meal stretched over 2 hours. Not because of course, but because of a lot of downtime between courses. 2 hours for a standard 3 course meal is just too much for me. The server was great, I marked down service a bit due to the overall time issue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner, however 2 people ordered swordfish and there was only one portion left. We were celebrating a birthday and the birthday girl ended up ordering a different entrée They gave us a FABULOUS birthday dessert. We always enjoy Wildfish and this visit was GREAT.Special Features:
- BillBillVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have been here many times. We have never been disappointed with food or service. First time my wife and I went here I remember as we walked out the door, I told my wife there was something wrong. She asked what. I told her I've never walked out of a restaurant I my life that I couldn't find something wrong with and I just did!!!! Because I'm an excellent home cook I'm very critical about food and service. Wildfish ROCKS it every time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceThisPlaceRocksDined on 8/31/2014We came here to celebrate by son's 23rd Birthday. There were six people in our group and everyone had a great time. The food was superb, drinks enjoyable, and the service excellent. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible! We'll Be BackDaviddinesVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went to Wildfish for our anniversary and they could not have treated us more special. Food was outstanding, wine list was excellent, service was perfect! Very romantic setting. And they had a card, flowers, and desert with 'happy anniversary' etched in chocolate. What a great treat from an outstanding restaurant and team!Special Features:
- Good Joice8TUESDAYDINERSDined on 8/30/2014we really enjoyed our meals - great service, Anytime we are in Newport they are on our Favorite listSpecial Features:
- BobFDined on 8/30/2014The place was very nice inside and out, although I thought the prices were a little highSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly SuprisedNeverLostDined on 8/30/2014I reserved a table ahead of time and notified them it was my girlfriend's birthday. The staff went above and beyond with a birthday card and rose on the table when we got there. A free desert came with it, which was to die for. Awesome food, great service, and better company. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best in Newport BeachlvtoeatVIPDined on 8/30/2014We often pick Wildfish when we are in this area. We are NEVER disappointed. The food and service are exceptional. It is often noisy but this time we sat outside-early-it was quiet and just lovely. The meal was superb, as always, and our server Donna made the evening perfect. Can[t wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Meet up with 2 good friends and celebrated my son's 19th birthday. From the minute we walked in they were very friendly, attentive, but gave us our space. Food was great. The Rib eye was very tender and huge and the cold wedge salad with big pieces of bacon on it. All in all it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- mf2mfDined on 8/29/2014The food and service are great. We love to come to Wild Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food but too loudaussiesealDined on 8/28/2014We had an excellent dinner experience. It was my father's birthday and the food and service were superior. Leo our waiter was outstanding. Unfortunately it is a little loud when happy hour in the bar is going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr D11ddVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great restaurant , we eat here at least once every other monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicewinelvrDined on 8/27/2014This was my third time visiting this restaurant and I have never been disappointed in the food, wine list or service but this time stood above the others. We had a party of 10 so there is always a chance the service may not be able to keep up but our server, Manuel, was truly on top of his game. For starters, he made a point of seeking me out as the host and introducing himself, made sure our wine and beverage glasses remained full and took excellent care of the entire table. All in all it was a great evening and I received many compliments from my guests on my choice of restaurants. I am sure you will get some repeat business from the other guests in my party and will most definitely see me again. Thank You!Special Features:
- Wildfish is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014First time this week and we will be back. It's great!Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We had eaten at the Wildfish in San Antonio, so was excited to try the one in Newport Beach. The food was wonderful, the service impeccable. I highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass, Hong Kong Style. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Great food and servicenewportregularDined on 8/23/2014Went here for the first time, have passed it on numerous occasions. Decided to celebrate my husband's birthday at Wildfish and we were very happy with the food and the service. Since I let them know ahead of time that it was my husband's birthday, they had a card at the table wishing him a happy birthday and gave us a free dessert - their version of banana's fosters - Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood & ServiceEat2LiveDined on 8/23/2014Our recent Saturday night visit with 3 couples, none of whom had dined here previously, was a success. The restaurant was very busy with virtually no empty tables but we were able to have a conversation and hear each other without having to shout. We all enjoyed our experience, including the ambience, food and superb service offerred by our waiter, Cody. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Irvine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I just recently ate at Wildfish for the first time and my experience was unlike any other restaurant I've been to! From the moment we walked in to the food to the incredible waiter we had, I was blown away! This is the best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time. I will definitely be going back and can't begin to say enough good things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!AdventureUsDined on 8/21/2014Great food and service. Excellent first experience!Special Features:
- WonderfuldinneroutDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my birthday in grand style. My brother said the sea bass was the best fish he had ever had! Each of us felt that way with the meal. The seasonings and sauces were perfect. The presentation was lovely. We were served by Bailey. She did a marvelous job by being attentive to our every need We were greeted with warmth and quickly shown to our table. This certainly rates a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotfoodtravellerDined on 8/16/2014First timer but not my last visit! Celebrating a birthday and this place did not let us down. From the Merlot and Armanac (cognac) Sidecar to the jumbo "lump" crab cake to the pan crusted sol and 8oz filet and roasted beets and honey walnuts, the drinks and food were flavorable and good. Jumbo "lump" crab cake was fresh, mildly seasoned perfection A+, pan crusted sol, good, ranks a B (my preference is different) and the 8oz filet, medium, I rate a B, definitely not Mastro's filet, A+! Overall, we enjoyed the service, we were promptly seated. We arrived 20 minutes earlier than our reservation but they were able to seat us right away. The service was exceptional, Bailey B. is a gem! Thanks for a great first impression, we'll be back!Special Features:
- GreatTdbaroneDined on 8/15/2014Very attentive staff. Food was excellent. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurant!Thk22VIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Wildfish several times. It is our favorite Newport Beach restaurant and has been rated #1 in Newport Beach as well. The evening specials are terrific and the happy hour fare is as well. Flambé desserts are outstanding. This is a great restaurant that justifies it's high rating.Special Features:
- Very goodRedODined on 8/15/2014Wildfish is a nice place to have dinner. They do both fish and seafood well. Nothing terribly special about any preparations though. Service was great. Parking is ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great foodEricDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten at Wildfish on several occasions and always enjoy the good service and food. On 8/14 the food was excellent and our waitress, Donna was a gem. She was fun and proficient and never missed a beat. We ordered a lot of dishes among the four of us. The crab cake appetizer is fantastic, and the Bananas Foster is incredible! I had swordfish and loved it. Everyone else was happy with the meal. The one thing lacking was an educated sommelier. We enjoy trying new wines but have preferred styles of wine. Since there was no sommelier Donna sent the "manager" to help define the wines on the extensive "select" list. The experience was awful and he was clueless, but charged us for a higher price than the wine we actually drank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Wild Fish DiningiFusionDinerDined on 8/14/2014Great Fish courses, with great Fusion of taste! The service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.