Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
1370 Bison Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: (949) 720-9925
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30-10:00 Monday - Thursday 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy hour 4:00pm - 7pm nightly. All night Sunday and Mondays
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Keith Stich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR, enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4:00 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays.
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (144)fit for foodies (134)vibrant bar scene (103)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (76)good for groups (75)notable wine list (69)hot spot (64)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantastic Birthday Dinner!WagsDined on 11/23/2014When we arrived for our dinner, there was a Birthday Card waiting at my seat!!! I was so surprised, no other restaurant has ever done this for me. The Heirloom Tomato Salad was summer fresh, even though it's November. Hubby had the Grouper entrée and LOVED it. The butter sauce was fantastic. . .and how do they get that delicate crispy crust on the fish? The twice-baked potato side dish was creamy, buttery, absolutely smooth and hot -- just the way it should be served! WONDERFUL DATE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serious about fishFancyCatVIPDined on 11/22/2014We started off with amazing hot wheat bread. The sole was cooked to perfection, as was the salmon which we ordered blackened, The fish is ala carte so we ordered asparagus - lots of it and nicely steamed. The scallops came as a plate resembling little white marbles; tasty but odd. The sea bass was delicious but the soy broth was just too much salt. The big disappointment of the night was the Caesar salad, skimpy and bland, We know what to order now and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillVIPDined on 11/22/2014I have never been disappointed with this restaurant. Manny our server is great, we always ask for him. He's kinda family !!!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/19/2014We live in Northern California and come down to Newport Beach every few years. This is our second time here and it was more fabulous than the first time. Our waitstaff, Danuta, was outstanding! Attentive, friendly, made excellent recommendations. We split the tuna tartare and the shrimp/pork potstickers. Both excellent. I had the special-Halibut (per Danuta's recommendation) and it did not disappoint. Exactly as she described, and very tasty. Other guests had the Chilean seabass, grilled shrimp with Jonah crab meat, and a Ahi tuna salad. Side dish of Corn Monterey style- very different and really good. Anybody who loves seafood will love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!foodie4lifeDined on 11/17/2014Absolutely enjoyed everything. From the impeccable service to the delicious center cut filet I devoured! I took our server Mannys advice and had them do a peppercorn crust on the steak, and my husband enjoyed his Filet with Scallops, he said he'd never had better. Thanks again to Manny and Judy for the great hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014love your soups. My Chilean Sea Bass was ordinary. No sauce etc, no flavor and with the soft texture just was not satisfying. Corn Crab chowder is exceptional. Desert was OK, butterscotch PanacotaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceDisappointedVIPDined on 11/14/2014i was impressed. it took me a number of years to try it, but wildfish was an excellent choice for a friday evening dinner. we were seated immediately, our server was prompt, knowledgable, engaging, made great recommendations, and even customized a couple of drinks that i had. portion size for our sea bass, which we shared, was very appropriate. the crab cake was the best i have had in so cal, as advertised. i wouldn't do the calamari appetizer..very plain and like everyone else's. a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1703johnsonVIPDined on 11/13/2014We went back after a first time disappointment and couldn't have been more pleased. Everyone from the host to the server went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant and the food was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard FarefififluffDined on 11/9/2014This is our first time at a Wildfish, and it seems like a very solid, standard experience. The waitstaff is pleasant and well-trained. The food is good, but it won't knock your socks off. Comfortable and enjoyable. The class of Chateau Montelena was great!Special Features:
- KenSDined on 11/2/2014Nice ambiance, a bit noisy but OK. Sevice first-rate. We were seated promptly and well taken care of. The food was quite good, not gourmet grade but nice seafood. We will come back.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday diningBellaqDined on 11/2/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants, we drove up from San Diego for my birthday again this year and were not disappointed. We were met with a birthday card and a rose, the waiter, Edward, gave us just the right mix of attention and privacy. The food was, as always, outstanding. I love this restaurant even more than their sister restaurant Eddie V's- which is great,don't get me wrong, but I love Wildfish the best. (Eddie V's with a location in La Jolla and Seaport Village is closer but though they have many of the same dishes, I love the food even more at Wildfish.) We had Grouper- rich and buttery, the seared Ahi, a specially prepared order of Shrimp Scampi, and Chilean Sea Bass. We started with their delicious calamari- Yum!Special Features:
- Excellent - will return.CRSoCalDined on 10/31/2014Found on OpenTable. Excellent menu for us. Husband's salmon was perfect- delicious. I have only every liked the fresh crab legs I had in Alaska - no other crab compares. I had the half-order of Wildfish's crab legs. While not as amazing as what I had right off the boat in Alaska, this was delicious. By far the best I've had in the Lower 48. The spinach side dish was perfectly done and delicious, and the bread is just too good for our own good. The blackberry cobbler had a remarkable pastry. Loved the wine by the glass choices. All in all, it was just a wonderful meal-out for us. If we had been in our 40's, and not in our 60's, we would have loved the ambiance. Nowadays we favor quieter ambiance, but this was quite nice - fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Our OpinionHarryDined on 10/27/2014We chose this restaurant based upon Open Table reviews. We were on vacation. We were very disappointed. The atmosphere is good, it was crowded and had a fun bar scene, but the food was so disappointing. Just our opinion. Had lunch later in the week with a friend who lives locally and his girl friend, she was also disappointed when she ate at Wildfish. So that's two of us who will not be going back.Special Features:
- Delish!!AtlfooddivaDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I along with my brother and his wife ate there Saturday evening and had a wonderful time and the food was incredible. Our wait person (Edward...he was an awesome waiter btw) recommended the sea bass prepared with the white wine, lemon and garlic instead of the Hong Kong preparation. It was so delectable, prepared perfectly!! My brother and his wife shared the scallops, fresh hamachi sashimi appetizer, and a salad. They said everything they ordered was delicious and fresh too. My hubby had the Maryland crab cake app and I had the lobster tacos for my appetizer. I was a little disappointed with the tacos b/c the Maine lobster is usually very sweet and flavorful, but these weren't very flavorful at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotWeLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/23/2014Food was awesome service was impeccable would recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyableThatoldgaDined on 10/22/2014I met my sons who are away at grad school there while I was away on a business trip. The service was excellent, the food was delectable and while the noise level was high at 7:30 it had significantly calmed down by 8:00 pm. I had the poached pear salad and the sea bass. Both were excellent. The sea bass was served under a bamboo cover which kept it extra moist and hot. My sons had lobster tacos, crab bisque, and the lemon sole and the salmon. They also said their food was delicious. We also had the asparagus side and the crab fried rice side. The asparagus came with a delightful hollandais sauce on the side and the crab fried rice had an amazing amount of crab. The waiter was knowledgeable and timed all the courses perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Food!KiKiGFDined on 10/22/2014The scallops were amazing, lobster tacos were delicious, the bisque was to die as well as the crab cake! My advice- try as much food as you can here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014The service was at a very high level. The server had a great rapport and impeccable knowledge and energy serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAlesia1Dined on 10/20/2014Our hotel, The fairmount sent us there and we will def be coming back on our net visit to california. Service was excellent from the front door the the valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Fish / Seafood restaurantPlayer4747VIPDined on 10/19/2014Very nice dinner. Excellent Sole; wonderful BBQ salmon. We had a nice time and very friendly server. (Note: I think the cost is mis-categorized on the app. Our total tab for 2 without any alcohol or dessert was $84.)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014my sole fish was dry. it was noisy. the side dishes were too rich. Our waiter was nice but seemed over workedSpecial Features:
- Great service over all.Sunsue36VIPDined on 10/18/2014We were very pleased with there service and the food was great fresh and the waitress was on her toes on what ever we neede . It felt good to go to a restraunt were the waiters don't for get you are there. The host at the front were very pleasant and greeting us from the moment we walk inn to the time we left she even made a comment I'm happy you enjoyed you're night and opend the doors for us as we left the restraunt . I do say the Moscow mull was excelent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDinner42Dined on 10/18/2014Restaurant had an excellent ambience from the moment we walked in the door. Greeted very warmly, and when we arrived at our table/booth, there was a card and a red rose waiting for us. Our waiter was excellent. He new the menu and specials very well, and was extremely helpful in making suggestions for our palate and in answering menu and cocktail questions. We had never heard of this restaurant, but now we cannot wait to schedule our next visit to try additional menu items that all looked so tantalizing.Special Features:
- Fresh fish, needs fine tuningVirginiaDined on 10/17/2014We all agreed that the Wildfish Grill gave us some delicious food. Especially notable: potstickers and steamed sea bass. A couple of places for improvement: expecting a spicy sauce on broiled swordfish, I got something cloyingly sweet, pineapple, I think, not mentioned on the menu. And my friend's oysters on the half shell were served warm, which did not inspire confidence. Still, we had a nice time and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Yummmm!robinEVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great seafood, and not something you would ever make at home. I could eat here every night. Absolutely delicious but still fit into my diet (except for their amazing bread).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveninghorseloverDined on 10/13/2014We celebrated our joint birthdays here on Monday night. The waiter was superb. We went to the early bird and dined on a delicious array of appetizers. Each one was divine and the portions were very generous. At the end, the waiter brought gave us a choice of complimentary desserts for our birthday. We had the Warm Godiva Chocolate Cake with ice cream. It was superb. The evening could not have been better. Thank you, Wildfish!Special Features:
- Happy HourPamelatjVIPDined on 10/12/2014A happy hour that is just that, and fabulously fresh seafood and tasting plates, really appreciate the Sunday and Monday night extensions. Bravo! Best happy hour in the area, and we already know its the best for dinner.Special Features:
- SpectacularJosephDined on 10/12/2014This sea food restaurant is spectacular. The seafood is fresh and the side dishes are awesome. Everything is done with style and the ambiance is great for sitting and chatting or for a business meeting. I enjoyed it a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time, good experienceCnCplusNikkoinNCruleDined on 10/11/2014Had to wait 15 min for table despite reservation. But served up by very friendly bar staff...good drinks! Server was great. Food was great. A bit of a too-dark table. Had to dash earleir than expected, so took food home. I/we will be coming back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!SueWildDined on 10/11/2014We started with oysters on the half shell and enjoyed them so much, we ordered more. The macadamia nut scallops were fantastic as was the New Zealand snapper. The swordfish was delicious, as well. The only detractant was the noise level. Otherwise, it was a remarkable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish ExpertsCAgalfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Delicious, creative fish and shellfish dishes. The grouper and moki were perfectly cooked and presented. Shared truffled mac and cheese for our table. Try the pineapple upside down cake--luscious. Got a card and special Happy Birthday written on the dessert plate. Waitress was helpful, fun and friendly. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinningLvtoeatfishDined on 10/11/2014Wildfish goes out of its way to ask what you are celebrating on your evening out! Our celebration was for 30 years of marriage along with our cousin's 30th year wedding anniversary. We both received red roses and a card. Really nice touch that added to our evening of fun, food and longevity of living together. Can not express how great the food was, we were given a high mark in bring our relatives' out to Wildfish. These are people who travel the world, telling us about the fine food they have found to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrimDined on 10/11/2014My second time at the restaurant tonight...as before, the food was exquisite, but even better was the service from Cody our server. Seriously, one of the best servers I have encountered anywhere and that includes years of working and dining in San Francisco, where the restaurants are some of the world's finest. Recommendations: crab cake appetizer; Chilean Sea Bass over spinach (sauce is fabulous), Shrimp Oreganata, dessert was pineapple upside down cake - a little too sweet for my taste, but still good. Great Restaurant - my highest recommendations to anyone wanting a dinner experience that you will not soon forget.Special Features:
- Good. Needs improvement in serviceoorwullDined on 10/8/2014Having dined around the world, we found the overall service was lacking in many ways. We had a much better experience the last time . The noise level was too much, more in line with a sports bar. Perhaps that is what you are trying to achieve . We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and would have liked a slower (but attentive) service . Occurrences like being offered the specials almost at once (before my wife even had her cocktail) did not create the atmosphere of relaxation. Then the side order of rice being spilled on the table and the bowl being placed over it to try a conceal it was almost amusing. You should create a quieter area away from the tv screens and bar noise, with appropriate service, for our particular celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Food was overpriced and uninspired. Overall a disappointing dining experience
- Always amazing!KathyRuvoloDined on 10/4/2014I LOVE this restaurant - they never fail. Went Saturday night for our Wedding Anniversary - they had a card and flower for us waiting at the table - they treated us to dessert, and the food was GREAT as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestThenoexpertreviewerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Simply the best! Stated to the restsurant's manager, "this is one of the best restaurants we've experienced." Our birthday party of 5 were first timers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and patioFurgyDined on 10/4/2014The wait staff and management are excellent here. They were attentive and never over bearing. We had a relaxing meal and never felt like we were waiting for anything or being rushed. The food was excellent. We started the calamari. It was perfectly cooked, seasoned and very tender. The Kung Pao treatment was excellent. The cocktails were fresh and original. I highly recommend the "Modern" margarita which ranks as one of the best margarita's I've had. My wife had the lobster bisque which was nothing short of decadant. I had the Sea Bass which has a light soy reduction with ginger and spinach. It was fantastic. I highly recommend you try Wildfish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014I can always count on great food and superior service. This night was no different. A family favorite for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JannibVIPDined on 10/2/2014A very great restaurant from when they greet you to when you leave! Service, food excellent!Special Features: