Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
1370 Bison Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 9497209925
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30-10:00 Monday - Thursday 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy hour 4:00pm - 7pm nightly. All night Sunday and Mondays
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Keith Stich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR, enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4:00 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays.
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (144)fit for foodies (137)vibrant bar scene (106)neighborhood gem (102)notable wine list (78)romantic (75)good for groups (66)hot spot (65)great for outdoor dining (42)late-night find (17)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014The service was at a very high level. The server had a great rapport and impeccable knowledge and energy serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAlesia1Dined on 10/20/2014Our hotel, The fairmount sent us there and we will def be coming back on our net visit to california. Service was excellent from the front door the the valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Fish / Seafood restaurantPlayer4747VIPDined on 10/19/2014Very nice dinner. Excellent Sole; wonderful BBQ salmon. We had a nice time and very friendly server. (Note: I think the cost is mis-categorized on the app. Our total tab for 2 without any alcohol or dessert was $84.)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014my sole fish was dry. it was noisy. the side dishes were too rich. Our waiter was nice but seemed over workedSpecial Features:
- Great service over all.Sunsue36Dined on 10/18/2014We were very pleased with there service and the food was great fresh and the waitress was on her toes on what ever we neede . It felt good to go to a restraunt were the waiters don't for get you are there. The host at the front were very pleasant and greeting us from the moment we walk inn to the time we left she even made a comment I'm happy you enjoyed you're night and opend the doors for us as we left the restraunt . I do say the Moscow mull was excelent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDinner42Dined on 10/18/2014Restaurant had an excellent ambience from the moment we walked in the door. Greeted very warmly, and when we arrived at our table/booth, there was a card and a red rose waiting for us. Our waiter was excellent. He new the menu and specials very well, and was extremely helpful in making suggestions for our palate and in answering menu and cocktail questions. We had never heard of this restaurant, but now we cannot wait to schedule our next visit to try additional menu items that all looked so tantalizing.Special Features:
- Fresh fish, needs fine tuningVirginiaDined on 10/17/2014We all agreed that the Wildfish Grill gave us some delicious food. Especially notable: potstickers and steamed sea bass. A couple of places for improvement: expecting a spicy sauce on broiled swordfish, I got something cloyingly sweet, pineapple, I think, not mentioned on the menu. And my friend's oysters on the half shell were served warm, which did not inspire confidence. Still, we had a nice time and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Yummmm!robinEVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great seafood, and not something you would ever make at home. I could eat here every night. Absolutely delicious but still fit into my diet (except for their amazing bread).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveninghorseloverDined on 10/13/2014We celebrated our joint birthdays here on Monday night. The waiter was superb. We went to the early bird and dined on a delicious array of appetizers. Each one was divine and the portions were very generous. At the end, the waiter brought gave us a choice of complimentary desserts for our birthday. We had the Warm Godiva Chocolate Cake with ice cream. It was superb. The evening could not have been better. Thank you, Wildfish!Special Features:
- Happy HourPamelatjVIPDined on 10/12/2014A happy hour that is just that, and fabulously fresh seafood and tasting plates, really appreciate the Sunday and Monday night extensions. Bravo! Best happy hour in the area, and we already know its the best for dinner.Special Features:
- 1st time, good experienceCnCplusNikkoinNCruleDined on 10/11/2014Had to wait 15 min for table despite reservation. But served up by very friendly bar staff...good drinks! Server was great. Food was great. A bit of a too-dark table. Had to dash earleir than expected, so took food home. I/we will be coming back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!SueWildDined on 10/11/2014We started with oysters on the half shell and enjoyed them so much, we ordered more. The macadamia nut scallops were fantastic as was the New Zealand snapper. The swordfish was delicious, as well. The only detractant was the noise level. Otherwise, it was a remarkable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish ExpertsCAgalfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Delicious, creative fish and shellfish dishes. The grouper and moki were perfectly cooked and presented. Shared truffled mac and cheese for our table. Try the pineapple upside down cake--luscious. Got a card and special Happy Birthday written on the dessert plate. Waitress was helpful, fun and friendly. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinningLvtoeatfishDined on 10/11/2014Wildfish goes out of its way to ask what you are celebrating on your evening out! Our celebration was for 30 years of marriage along with our cousin's 30th year wedding anniversary. We both received red roses and a card. Really nice touch that added to our evening of fun, food and longevity of living together. Can not express how great the food was, we were given a high mark in bring our relatives' out to Wildfish. These are people who travel the world, telling us about the fine food they have found to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrimDined on 10/11/2014My second time at the restaurant tonight...as before, the food was exquisite, but even better was the service from Cody our server. Seriously, one of the best servers I have encountered anywhere and that includes years of working and dining in San Francisco, where the restaurants are some of the world's finest. Recommendations: crab cake appetizer; Chilean Sea Bass over spinach (sauce is fabulous), Shrimp Oreganata, dessert was pineapple upside down cake - a little too sweet for my taste, but still good. Great Restaurant - my highest recommendations to anyone wanting a dinner experience that you will not soon forget.Special Features:
- Good. Needs improvement in serviceoorwullDined on 10/8/2014Having dined around the world, we found the overall service was lacking in many ways. We had a much better experience the last time . The noise level was too much, more in line with a sports bar. Perhaps that is what you are trying to achieve . We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and would have liked a slower (but attentive) service . Occurrences like being offered the specials almost at once (before my wife even had her cocktail) did not create the atmosphere of relaxation. Then the side order of rice being spilled on the table and the bowl being placed over it to try a conceal it was almost amusing. You should create a quieter area away from the tv screens and bar noise, with appropriate service, for our particular celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Food was overpriced and uninspired. Overall a disappointing dining experience
- Always amazing!KathyRuvoloDined on 10/4/2014I LOVE this restaurant - they never fail. Went Saturday night for our Wedding Anniversary - they had a card and flower for us waiting at the table - they treated us to dessert, and the food was GREAT as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestThenoexpertreviewerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Simply the best! Stated to the restsurant's manager, "this is one of the best restaurants we've experienced." Our birthday party of 5 were first timers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service and patioFurgyDined on 10/4/2014The wait staff and management are excellent here. They were attentive and never over bearing. We had a relaxing meal and never felt like we were waiting for anything or being rushed. The food was excellent. We started the calamari. It was perfectly cooked, seasoned and very tender. The Kung Pao treatment was excellent. The cocktails were fresh and original. I highly recommend the "Modern" margarita which ranks as one of the best margarita's I've had. My wife had the lobster bisque which was nothing short of decadant. I had the Sea Bass which has a light soy reduction with ginger and spinach. It was fantastic. I highly recommend you try Wildfish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014I can always count on great food and superior service. This night was no different. A family favorite for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JannibVIPDined on 10/2/2014A very great restaurant from when they greet you to when you leave! Service, food excellent!Special Features:
- Wednesday Evening DinnerJoeAguirreDined on 10/1/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful first experience at Wildfish. The service was truly exceptional and the food was fantastic. I am very satisfied and have recommended Wildfish to a few friends.Special Features:
- Superb!2datenightDined on 9/27/2014As always, Wildfish delivered another night of fabulous service and food! It is our favorite choice for a special night out (and when that night out doesn't happen often it is usually the ONLY choice)! And ask for the pineapple upside down cake for desert! It's not on the menu but it's heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablekribdaDined on 9/27/2014Good ambiance, food is always good, a reliable choice in the Newport area.Special Features:
- Great placenapavalleyshopperDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance, food and service was top notch! It's a little pricey, so probably more a special occasion place for me.Special Features:
- quality food & dining experienceJohnnynotDramaDined on 9/26/2014I enjoy the rear area of the restaurant since it is less noisy and more romantic. Plus it has the fee of being outdoors!Special Features:
- Repeat customernoneDined on 9/26/2014Food is always good. And it is nice to walk in and they her ready for you and welcoming. The portions are large. So ideal for splitting a meal if you are eating light that evening.Special Features:
- Great eating and great servicejobetteDined on 9/20/2014The only thing I would change is the lighting inside dining area. Just a little too dark for even reading your menu. I would suggest using "Peach lighting" does wonders on atmosphere and overall dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always YummyWagsDined on 9/20/2014Normally, I get the same items when I dine here -- but tonight, I tried a bunch of different things. . .and they were all FANTASTIC. Roasted beets were perfectly cooked; the Saint Andre cheese appetizer (normally served hot) I specifically ordered cold and it was also terrific. Hubby had the special: Arctic Char (two pieces of fish were plentiful), crispy on one side, delicate and flaky throughout, served with crisp asparagus. Wine choices are varied and pair very well with food dishes. Our server (Leo? Leon? sorry) was VERY attentive but didn't hover. He was funny and always within earshot in case we needed something. Overall a yummy, romantic, fun evening!!Special Features:
- Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014I initially thought the restaurant was more casual than I had expected given the name and the double $$ on Open Table, until I stepped inside. The restaurant is truly a $$$ with excellent quality service all around. It is a prime steak house featuring a variety of fish all wild caught. Next time, we'll come a bit more dressed up, men in sports coat would be more appropriate. For the kids menu, my 2 and half year old son enjoyed his 4 oz filet mignon and broccolini, which I was pleased with. My husband enjoyed his steak. I had the chilean sea bass, although I thought the broth beneath was a bit saltier. Otherwise, I think the rest of the family enjoyed their time at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too FunAnonymousVIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant combines the lovely "white tablecloth" experience, that is excellent service & lavishness but has a great menu as well. So often 'white tablecloth' also means a fussy silly menu with "emulsions" & "reductions" such that one never knows what will actually be on the plate when it arrives. Wild Fish has a v fun menu that translates into a tasty & inventive meal. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A top restaurant for sea foodwonderingVIPDined on 9/19/2014in an upscale setting with great service. One of the best sea food restaurants I have been to.Special Features:
- TrishVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great neighborhood restaurant when you tire of ethnic food, which is normally our favorite. Surprisingly good steaks at this great fish restaurant!!! I'd say on a par with Morton's. Not many places you can get good, creative fish dishes (The Lobster Tacos) and a great steak as well...cooked exactly the way my husband likes it...charred on the outside and medium pink on the inside. The Truffles mac and cheese (large size) makes for a great side dish that you can take home for dinner the next night. The Malbec was great too...I think it was Terrazas something...Overall, I really like this restaurant and we eat out a lot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksTheguyin4BDined on 9/18/2014I had the 16 oz New York. It was excellent. As good as Ruth Chris. World class. The pneapple upside down cake was the best I have ever had. Served warm and very moist with a flamed sugar crunch on the outside and big scoop of ice cream. More then enough for two. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!CompassKidDined on 9/17/2014We love Wildfish- it's one of our favorite restaurants. The food is perfect and delicious every time!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/17/2014We dine here frequently. On this occasion food was good but service was lackluster. Also on one of hottest days in Newport A/c didn't seem to be working. Service started off immediately slow when we waited a half hour to get our drinks which then arrived warm with ice having already melted in sodas for kids and white wine at room temp . We ordered appetizers for dinner which came out fairly quick relative to drinks. Appetizers were yummy especially the lobster tacos. Unfortunately we never saw waiter again . He didn't come back and check how we were doing or offer additional glasses of wine when ours were empty . We ultimately had to ask bus boy clearing our table to get waiter for us so we could get the check and pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The service here is second to none. Our waiter, Edward took his time to explain everything to us with patience and a smile. He made sure everything was to our standards and it exceeded them! The food was fantastic. Me and my wife came here for dinner on Wednesday and it was extremely busy. I'd reccomened you to get reservations. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and freshSeafoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Tastes good, fresh fish, nice and accommodating staff. I would go back. Shrimp oregenata was a bit salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Halibut I Have Ever HadKjyoungVIPDined on 9/14/2014We went out to celebrate my son's special birthday - I have had fresh halibut lots of places including Alaska, but this was so delicious I actually dreamt about it. The special was Arctic Char also very good and my husband had scallops which he said were great. The serving sizes were ample not the small sizes we sometimes see in today's newer restaurants. The only complaint is the noise levels - the restaurant was not especially crowded and there were only 4 of us but hearing across the table was very difficult - difficult enough that it would make me think twice before going back. They really should do something about the noise.Special Features: