Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
1370 Bison Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 9497209925
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30-10:00 Monday - Thursday 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy hour 4:00pm - 7pm nightly. All night Sunday and Mondays
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Keith Stich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR, enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4:00 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays.
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach
Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)fit for foodies (117)vibrant bar scene (105)neighborhood gem (97)notable wine list (75)romantic (69)good for groups (60)hot spot (52)great for outdoor dining (34)late-night find (18)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)Show More
- Excellent Food and ServiceThisPlaceRocksDined on 8/31/2014We came here to celebrate by son's 23rd Birthday. There were six people in our group and everyone had a great time. The food was superb, drinks enjoyable, and the service excellent. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible! We'll Be BackDaviddinesVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went to Wildfish for our anniversary and they could not have treated us more special. Food was outstanding, wine list was excellent, service was perfect! Very romantic setting. And they had a card, flowers, and desert with 'happy anniversary' etched in chocolate. What a great treat from an outstanding restaurant and team!Special Features:
- Good Joice8TUESDAYDINERSDined on 8/30/2014we really enjoyed our meals - great service, Anytime we are in Newport they are on our Favorite listSpecial Features:
- BobFDined on 8/30/2014The place was very nice inside and out, although I thought the prices were a little highSpecial Features:
- Among the best in Newport BeachlvtoeatVIPDined on 8/30/2014We often pick Wildfish when we are in this area. We are NEVER disappointed. The food and service are exceptional. It is often noisy but this time we sat outside-early-it was quiet and just lovely. The meal was superb, as always, and our server Donna made the evening perfect. Can[t wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SuprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I reserved a table ahead of time and notified them it was my girlfriend's birthday. The staff went above and beyond with a birthday card and rose on the table when we got there. A free desert came with it, which was to die for. Awesome food, great service, and better company. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Meet up with 2 good friends and celebrated my son's 19th birthday. From the minute we walked in they were very friendly, attentive, but gave us our space. Food was great. The Rib eye was very tender and huge and the cold wedge salad with big pieces of bacon on it. All in all it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food and service are great. We love to come to Wild Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food but too loudaussiesealDined on 8/28/2014We had an excellent dinner experience. It was my father's birthday and the food and service were superior. Leo our waiter was outstanding. Unfortunately it is a little loud when happy hour in the bar is going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr D11ddVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great restaurant , we eat here at least once every other monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicewinelvrDined on 8/27/2014This was my third time visiting this restaurant and I have never been disappointed in the food, wine list or service but this time stood above the others. We had a party of 10 so there is always a chance the service may not be able to keep up but our server, Manuel, was truly on top of his game. For starters, he made a point of seeking me out as the host and introducing himself, made sure our wine and beverage glasses remained full and took excellent care of the entire table. All in all it was a great evening and I received many compliments from my guests on my choice of restaurants. I am sure you will get some repeat business from the other guests in my party and will most definitely see me again. Thank You!Special Features:
- Wildfish is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014First time this week and we will be back. It's great!Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We had eaten at the Wildfish in San Antonio, so was excited to try the one in Newport Beach. The food was wonderful, the service impeccable. I highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass, Hong Kong Style. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Great food and servicenewportregularDined on 8/23/2014Went here for the first time, have passed it on numerous occasions. Decided to celebrate my husband's birthday at Wildfish and we were very happy with the food and the service. Since I let them know ahead of time that it was my husband's birthday, they had a card at the table wishing him a happy birthday and gave us a free dessert - their version of banana's fosters - Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood & ServiceEat2LiveDined on 8/23/2014Our recent Saturday night visit with 3 couples, none of whom had dined here previously, was a success. The restaurant was very busy with virtually no empty tables but we were able to have a conversation and hear each other without having to shout. We all enjoyed our experience, including the ambience, food and superb service offerred by our waiter, Cody. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Irvine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I just recently ate at Wildfish for the first time and my experience was unlike any other restaurant I've been to! From the moment we walked in to the food to the incredible waiter we had, I was blown away! This is the best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time. I will definitely be going back and can't begin to say enough good things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!AdventureUsDined on 8/21/2014Great food and service. Excellent first experience!Special Features:
- WonderfuldinneroutDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my birthday in grand style. My brother said the sea bass was the best fish he had ever had! Each of us felt that way with the meal. The seasonings and sauces were perfect. The presentation was lovely. We were served by Bailey. She did a marvelous job by being attentive to our every need We were greeted with warmth and quickly shown to our table. This certainly rates a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotfoodtravellerDined on 8/16/2014First timer but not my last visit! Celebrating a birthday and this place did not let us down. From the Merlot and Armanac (cognac) Sidecar to the jumbo "lump" crab cake to the pan crusted sol and 8oz filet and roasted beets and honey walnuts, the drinks and food were flavorable and good. Jumbo "lump" crab cake was fresh, mildly seasoned perfection A+, pan crusted sol, good, ranks a B (my preference is different) and the 8oz filet, medium, I rate a B, definitely not Mastro's filet, A+! Overall, we enjoyed the service, we were promptly seated. We arrived 20 minutes earlier than our reservation but they were able to seat us right away. The service was exceptional, Bailey B. is a gem! Thanks for a great first impression, we'll be back!Special Features:
- GreatTdbaroneDined on 8/15/2014Very attentive staff. Food was excellent. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurant!Thk22VIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Wildfish several times. It is our favorite Newport Beach restaurant and has been rated #1 in Newport Beach as well. The evening specials are terrific and the happy hour fare is as well. Flambé desserts are outstanding. This is a great restaurant that justifies it's high rating.Special Features:
- Very goodRedODined on 8/15/2014Wildfish is a nice place to have dinner. They do both fish and seafood well. Nothing terribly special about any preparations though. Service was great. Parking is ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great foodEricDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten at Wildfish on several occasions and always enjoy the good service and food. On 8/14 the food was excellent and our waitress, Donna was a gem. She was fun and proficient and never missed a beat. We ordered a lot of dishes among the four of us. The crab cake appetizer is fantastic, and the Bananas Foster is incredible! I had swordfish and loved it. Everyone else was happy with the meal. The one thing lacking was an educated sommelier. We enjoy trying new wines but have preferred styles of wine. Since there was no sommelier Donna sent the "manager" to help define the wines on the extensive "select" list. The experience was awful and he was clueless, but charged us for a higher price than the wine we actually drank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Wild Fish DiningiFusionDinerDined on 8/14/2014Great Fish courses, with great Fusion of taste! The service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but I wouldn't agree #1 on TAWinfi21Dined on 8/11/2014Food was good but not spectacular. Calamari app was very large and heavily drizzled in chilli sauce. Asian salmon tasted like it had the same generic sauce, and peanut slaw was probably not the best addition to the dish. Wine was excellent as was the orange mojito. Service was ok, maybe a little invasive for a romantic evening but more appropriate for a lager group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like seafood...alphonso14VIPDined on 8/11/2014Hong Kong style seabass was among the best fish I have ever had and our son agrees. All in all an excellent experience for a special occasion.Special Features:
- 80th Birthday get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Your restaurant's food was outstanding, the service was great. We were particularly pleased that you allowed us to sit on the patio in the section reserved for dinner as we just wanted cocktails and appetizers and there were 5 of us to celibrate an 890th birthday.. The Rose for the birthday lady was also special. The 5 of us and sometimes 6 get together for a small reunion every so often as we used to work together.. We are going to make WildFish one of our regular favorites. We ordered 5 of the appetizers and shared them. The oysters, tartare ahi and crabcakes were my favorite. Ihaven't had a good crabcake since I left Maryland. Yours was excellent! Magifique!! Thank you for making this special occasion a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionHoonynooVIPDined on 8/9/2014We ate here for our anniversary and this was our first meal in Irvine since moving from New York City, where we enjoyed a lot of excellent restaurants. I indicated that it was our anniversary on the reservation. We had a short wait, but when we got to our table there was a Rose and a nice card. The waiter knew my name and he treated us very well. He was attentive but was only around when he needed to be. He had honest suggestions (not just the most expensive option), good descriptions of the wine and food, and was incredibly nice. The place was romantic and not too loud. Biggest problem (hence the 3 starts on Ambience) was that there are TVs playing sports around the bar that are distracting -- sports bar clashes with romantic dining!Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food and service were outstanding and the anniversary desert put it over the topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good re-doOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I took a large business group here and was disappointed with service. I got a call from their operations director to discuss and went back Friday night for a birthday dinner. Huge improvement, great service this time, unobtrusive yet attentive. Soft shell crab was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantLovetoeatVIPDined on 8/2/2014One of the best ship cocktail I have had Shrimp was firm and cold. Great sauce to Accompany them. The surf and turf appetizers were wonderful. Corn and crab chowder was a nice creamy and very filling soup. The lemon slow was great. The only poor dinner was the seafood salad dinner. The salad was limp and not tasty. Mac and cheese was really good as it had truffle mixed in. The waiter Manuel was a very good server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, mediocre foodReluctantPosterVIPDined on 8/2/2014Nice environment and decor for an evening out but the food (especially seafood items) were bland and not very flavorful. The bisque and chowder were both overly rich or creamy, the crab was not on the sweet and succulent side, and the sides were bland. Service was great and very attentive.
- A perfect start to the evening ...bj414Dined on 8/2/2014First time at Wildfish Seafood Grille. Started with the Lobster Tacos ... Superb! Followed with the Chilean Sea Bass and Chef's special Red Snapper ... Excellent! Service was very attentive in a very comfortable atmosphere. We will definitely return for our next special occassion!Special Features:
- Well DoneLouMDined on 8/2/2014Received excellent response to our request for seating in a quiet area. Pleased we were not rushed to order or finish even on a summer Saturday night.Special Features:
- Couldn't Be BetterSJA879Dined on 8/2/2014I've been to Wildfish seven times in the past four or five months, and the service and food have been absolutely outstanding every time. Everything I've tried has been excellent, but the following dishes are exceptionally exceptional: Saint Andre cheese appetizer (a flavorful brie-like cheese melted with some pesto and served on the most delicious panini bread), crab cake (very crabby), lobster bisque (chunks of lobster!), sea bass (insanely tender in delicious broth), sole (just as good as the sea bass only different!), bananas foster butter cake (the best dessert ever made in the history of the world), Oh, and the wine-by-the-glass list is great! Wildfish is very well-managed, and the servers are friendly and attentive. Rave, rave, rave.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food & serviceMeyers5000Dined on 8/1/2014Been here a few times and ordered something different each time, surprisingly they consistently deliver high quality entrees. Also, each visit has been wonderfully guided by a very professional and polite server. I'm looking forward to my next dining experience at wildfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow...a must go...again!ChitownFoodiesVIPDined on 8/1/2014Was looking for a place to grab dinner, but hoping for a nice experience. I read the review that talked about the pineapple upside down cake and I was sold. What we found was beyond all expectations! The service was amazing, from being greeted by name immediately, to top-rate service throughout...we even had two managers check on us during the meal!? The fish was amazing and the specials and the wine-list were impressive. I will have to agree that the pineapple upside down cake was truly to write home about. Both the Server, Bailey and the Manager, Ausencio, were kind, friendly and made for us, a meal and an experience to remember! We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuv2dineDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was very helpful, especially talking about some of the off the menu preparations that we might prefer. The food was delicious - not the standard fare - with fresh, sustainably caught fish, and great cuts of meat. Not an inexpensive evening, but worth the price.Special Features:
- luvmykids2014foodluversDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I vacation in southern California every summer and the Wildfish Seafood Grille is the restaurant we choose to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My favorite dish is the scallops which are done perfectly every time, the crabmeat and mushroom fried rice, the buffalo mozzarella with heirloom tomatos for an appetizer and the ultimate best is the pineapple upside down cake with praline ice cream flambe'd in a caramel sauce. This is one of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic and Vibrant, Great for SteakExperiencedEaterDined on 7/31/2014Although located in a strip mall with an unimpressive facade stepping into the door is a heightened experience. The interior is elegant, modern and visually appealing. The same can be said for the patrons, beauty abounds at this happening spot. The food menu extends that elegance with sophisticated twists to traditional surf and turf items. Much of the food is well flavored and conscientiously constructed, a few miss on presentation and my halibut was cooked to strings. Half of our group of 14 had steak, all raved about the meat few commented on the fish. Wildfish has all the right things for a night to remember including the stunning price however for that I do expect their namesake, fish, to be executed with perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.