Wildfish - Deerfield
730 Waukegan Rd
Deerfield, IL 60015Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish - Deerfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://wildfishsushi.com/
- Phone: 8473179453
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hide Sekimoto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A modern space with traditional touches featuring ceiling-high bamboo and private wood-accented booths with vibrant colors of red, gold, and green
to give a contemporary tropical vibe.
- Private Party Contact: James Oh 8473179453
A word from Wildfish - Deerfield
Wildfish is a contemporary sushi and grill restaurant that delivers fine dining at its best leaving you with an experience that will have you coming back for more. As you enter through the doors, the contemporary decor and the upbeat music sets the lively ambiance of the place. Once you’re seated, the exploration begins as you peruse through the pages of the abounding drink and food list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildfish - Deerfield reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (6)romantic (5)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Unusual CombinationsMicheleDined on 9/8/2014The rolls are really creative, I love tuna gone wild, and the menu is extensive. Service friendly and quality good.Special Features:
- Definitely not worth itDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014While we were waiting for our friends to arrive, the girl bartender never came back to ask us if we wanted anything. The waitress we had, was very friendly and accommodating. The food was not good. Not at all busy on a Saturday night. Would never go back.
- Poor Serviceids12Dined on 8/13/2014We go to wildfish because the sushi is good. However, service has never been good, but we put up with it. Service during our recent visit was lousy. The restaurant was sparsely occupied, yet the server took ages to fulfil requests and forgot about a couple of them. Did not take the order down properly. Sushi was good, but non sushi appetizers and entrees were awful. Teriyaki sauce seemed like a commercially prepared product. Non sushi food was devoid of salt and it took them an age to get a salt shaker and soy sauce to our table. The busser was also in a hurry to clear the table and kept reaching across the table to take away dishes when we had not even quite finished eating. We will be trying a different sushi restaurant the next time.
- LiliyaDined on 8/6/2014Food was very good: sashimi excellent, black dragon roll - great. Need to improve service. Could not find waiter to ask for additional soy sause, extra plate, etc.Special Features:
- NatalyaDined on 7/9/2014My fiends ordered sushi which were good, but my chicken was dry, overcooked while broccoli and baby carrots were practically raw. Service was average, no soy sauce on the table.
- SurprisingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/7/2014We don't eat here often but every time we do we wonder why we waited so long. Food always good and great service. Nice outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersSuszapVIPDined on 6/28/2014I purchased a groupon for Wildfish in an effort to get my husband try it- he's not big on sushi. He was very impressed with the assorted menu of both sushi and cooked dishes. We will be going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the Wildfish - Deerfield reviews archive.
- Yuck!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food was very bad, the spicy mayo was nasty paste and gooy and the fish did not seem fresh. While the waitress was taking our order she was scratching/slightly picking her nose.
- Very Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Very tasty - have been here twice with friends. Service is a little slow, but not too bad. Had the same server by chance on both visits and she was super friendly as were the greeters etc. Sushi was very fresh and they have a creative specials menu. Drink menu is also good. Ambiance is good for families, dates or just meeting friends for an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markSearchin4GrubDined on 6/3/2014My group was very excited to try Wildfish as feedback from other patrons has been positive. When we walked in we thought we were on the right track as the place is nicely furnished but that soon vanished. Floors were sticky which isn't a great sign when your shoes sound like they are trodding through peanut butter. Our server Sur was super nice but the food just didn't live up to the hype. The different plates that we ordered looked great when they arrived but the taste was hijacked as flavor was missing. The assortment of rolls between the group was summed up as just average with Wildfish coming in as just another mediocre strip center sushi place. It didn't help that it took 1.5 hours to eat and leave. Wildfish missed its mark!Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 5/30/2014This particular visit to Wildfish was just not quite up to the very high standard we typically experience there. We had a roll that just didn't quite wow us as their rolls usually do. I can't remember what the name of this one was - it was on the specials menu. The Korean BBQ Ribs we had on the specials menu this time though was superb! I highly recommend it. The rice with it was wonderful - the heat of the dish made the rice crispy! Delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceMikeVIPDined on 4/28/2014For a Monday evening, service was a bit slow and didn't get any acknowledgement when I mentioned it. Food and presentation was very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Quality SushitotalpicksDined on 4/19/2014Lots of options, and very fresh and high quality ingredients were used. The restaurant was romantic (especially the booths) and easy to get to. Yes, its a bit pricey - but good sushi usually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodDFWJGVIPDined on 4/11/2014The service was terrible. Long wait to get served drinks. The app took 20 minutes and the rolls were like going to RA in the Glen. Very disappointed. Would never go here again.
- It was just a regular weekdayBp562hsDined on 4/8/2014It was just a regular weekday eve, but service was pretty slow. Food was ok but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've dined at Wildfish multipleTravelerDined on 3/29/2014We've dined at Wildfish multiple times and always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!HollingVIPDined on 3/14/2014Enjoyed a wonderful experience at Wildfish! Rolls are fresh and tasty - try the Jingle Roll! Great energy and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not service orientedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014This place has great food however what it lacks is great service. If they would only take some time to actually look at their guests as customers this place would be awesome. I can recommend the sushi, it's really good however only go there if you have a lot of time and don't expect to be welcomed for taking care of very well.
- Food good!!ARMRVIPDined on 2/22/2014We overall enjoyed the restaurant but we were surprised to find a note on the door Refusing wedeal ( a coupon worth $40.00) which we intended to use. This wasn't the most Gracious restaurant we have been to . Server was sweet but not on top of Things. Food was very good & served attractively, we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DisasterLeslieDined on 2/14/2014Ok- so I know better than to go out for dinner on Valentine's Day, but that doesn't excuse the service we received at Wildfish. We made a reservation, was seated by the indifferent host (who placed our menus on the table upside down and backwards), got water from a busser and then waited 20 minutes for the server to arrive. The restaurant was full, but did not look out of control busy. Once we ordered, it took and hour and a half to get our food. We ordered sushi from the menu with no modifications, so that was not the issue. It seemed as though the server's tables were scattered throughout the restaurant, so it was very difficult for her to keep an eye on all her tables. Even though the food was very good, I will not go back.
- Service needs some work! ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/12/2014Service needs some work! It was very difficult to get out waiters attention! Very slow to bring out food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for decent sushidrfresidentDined on 2/10/2014Took a couple of work colleagues here - hadn't been to Wild Fish in a while, but they both wanted to sushi and it is close to our office. The ambience and decor were quite nice, however, the lighting was so dim we all had a hard time seeing the menu. The nice thing about this place is that they catered to one in my group who had a "no gluten" requirement and there were several accommodations made right down to gluten free soy sauce. Very much appreciated. The sushi was well prepared and very fresh. Now is the season for Otoro and it was quite good, though the super white tuna was on the tough side. We ordered the crab rangoons as one of the appetizers and though they were house made with their own fresh filling, I was not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been to this place twice inRanceDined on 1/15/2014Been to this place twice in 2 days, once for dinner and once for lunch. Being from Hawaii, growing up with sushi and seafood,We were very impressed with Wildfish. You can tell when the fish is fresh and when sushi is done well. The first bite make your taste buds come alive and you just savor every bite after. Contemporary style japanese food like Crab rangoon, Jazz spring roll and asparagus beef were all good.and very reasonably priced. The staff is freindly and attentive. Definetly a keeper if you like sushi and japanese food.Special Features:
- Disappointing service and qualityFoodiewithfamilyVIPDined on 12/30/2013Have been a fan in the past but all elements were off. Waitress was uninterested in getting orders on drinks, sushi, everything. Sushi seemed less fresh then typical. Not worth the price.
- Good food, helpful waitress.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/5/2013Good food, helpful waitress. Service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best place in theGarlicVIPDined on 11/9/2013Still the best place in the northern suburbs for sushi and related foods. Their salads are terrific, and fish very fresh. If there is a problem it is that the physical place needs an update, and they seem to have difficulty keeping servers. The kitchen is not a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy the restaurant onGeorgeVIPDined on 11/2/2013We enjoy the restaurant on a regular basis. Service seemed a little off this particular night, but in general is quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeluv2eatVIPDined on 10/25/2013Love going to this restaurant. The decor is done very well, the background music is mellow yet very cool (think Portishead and Mazzy Star), and the sushi inspired menu never disappoints. We always feel very calm and peaceful eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Experience4stringdirkDined on 10/23/2013Been here before and will keep coming back. The decor and atmosphere are really nice and the food is absolutely first-rate. A little on the pricey side but worth it for a special evening or occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overly priceddv11Dined on 10/5/2013Rolls were inventive and nice tasting but way over-priced.Special Features:
- Great fresh delicious fishKfrankel1009Dined on 9/28/2013Our table ordered sushi and booked entrees, a lot of food, all wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfishMaddyDined on 9/7/2013Excellent food. Service was friendly and timely but forgot to bring one dish. Ambience quite nice and quieter than most restuarants.Special Features:
- ExcellentGroovyTravellerVIPDined on 9/1/2013We had a very enjoyable meal on the patio. Tried a variety of appetizers and found each one to be tasty and well prepared. Server vry efficient and helpful. Beautiful evening. Great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most suburban sushighollanderDined on 8/31/2013Wildfish is better than the average suburban sushi restaurant. Located in what was formerly an Italian restaurant (check out the no-longer-needed, no-doubt expensive pizza oven the sushi chefs use as a shelf...), the dining room has an interesting feel, although it is decidedly a mix of new stuff added to whatever was left by the Italian joint. Waitstaff is attentive, but just shy of friendly. Food is of uniformly good quality. They have a long list of specialty (read, "cockamamie") rolls with sauces and sprinkles and other goofiness. They do excel at catering to children, as you might expect from a restaurant in Deerfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Decided to try a new Sushi place. Fish was good and fresh Service was terrible. Apparently asking for a spicey Salmon roll without the fish chopped into little pieces was a problem. Took 20 minute to prepare. Also forgot to bring our 2nd beer. Took so long to get food we left after 2 rolls. If your not hungry want good Sushi and are in AA, this is the place.
- Not so HotEnvelope1VIPDined on 8/12/2013I don't know what all the excitement is about! This was not a terrific experience. The food was decent, but both the greeter and the server gave me the impression that they really didn't want to be there. I'm not going back.
- Fine selection of Japaneseout2lunchDined on 8/10/2013Fine selection of Japanese food, well priced, good service. Specialty drinks are available, including an awesome Lichee Martini. The restaurant is definitely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013We called 3 days in advance needing accommodations for 18 people. We were very pleased that Wildfish was able to provide us with a private room. The place was a little hard to find being located in the corner of a shopping mall. The decor was very nice and the place was a good size. It started out a little slow at first, with 1 waitress and 18 hungry people. Things picked up when dishes arrived and more help was provided to deliver and remove plates. We all thought the food to be overall tasty & plentiful, and just a little pricey (but worth it). They have a great selection of sushi, and the shrimp, scallop & Chilean sea bass dishes were some of our favorites. I would choose this spot again to have a party or just go for dinner.Special Features:
- Not your standard sushi place.DocLWJDined on 7/5/2013Not your standard sushi place. It is always a bit more with interesting creations. Service is always friendly and helpful. Wine list weak but not uncommon for sushi restaurant.....just would accept a bit more from this place. We are never disappointed with the uniqueness and quality of this place.Special Features:
- Just FantasticJoeyZDined on 6/29/2013As usual Wildfish did not disappoint. The sushi was superior. The service was outstanding and the entire experience great.Special Features: