Wildfish - Arlington Heights
60 S Arlington Heights Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Wildfish - Arlington Heights
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfishsushi.com/
- Phone: (847) 870-8260
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please join us at a dinner on the last Wednesday of every month for a Buffet.
Dinner includes: All you can eat buffet with over 40 different kinds of sushi and maki rolls, and appetizers
Adults $35.00 / Kid $17 (under 9)
Please make a reservation as we have limited tables available.
A word from Wildfish - Arlington Heights
Wildfish is located in the heart of downtown Arlington Height, delivering the concept of contemporary Japanese dining by fusing traditional and urban cultures. Wildfish has been known to be a hidden gem as it is tucked away in the corner of downtown Arlington Heights. Wildfish’s establishment in 2001 paved the way for its sister restaurants in Deerfield and Batavia.Continued
* Cannot combine with any other offers or buffet night. (group on or living social)
* Cannot combine with any other offers or buffet night. (group on or living social)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildfish - Arlington Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Totally disappointedMattSVIPDined on 11/21/2014Went with my new friend who has allergies to gluten and dairy. She recommended this place because she had been there a number of times. Basically the server was so afraid to make a mistake that he became indignant and rude. He rang me up for spicy mayo and substituting scallion with jalapeños. I can't remember being nickle and dimed but this place was 2x as pricey as the best sushi houses in downtown Chicago with terrible quality and nasty service help. They hovered over us once they served my last drink and have us 3 minutes to drink and then turned up the lights! Rude and awful behavior all around. Run go somewhere else! Too bad.
- ExcellentAliaDined on 11/1/2014We love this restaurant and so do our kids! Crab roll appetizer is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,service, and ambienceTolerBear1VIPDined on 10/15/2014Finally ate here for the first time ever, this past week -- it was as excellent as all my friends and co-workers said! I would definitely recommend and come back!Special Features:
- Excellent Sushi and Excellent StaffScottImhoffVIPDined on 9/20/2014Attentive staff serve up inventive Sushi in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much privacyfoodie11Dined on 8/29/2014We went here on a Friday night at 6:30p.m. The food and service were excellent.We enjoyed all types of sushi from sashimi.nigiri, maki rolls, salads.The negatives were that we were seated so close to other people and could hear each other's conversations and the music was like listening to KISS FM on the radio and it's a bit pricey here.Special Features:
- We keep coming back.psnorbDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is located in downtown Arlington Heights on top of a huge parking garage. It is next to a movie theater and some brand name stores. For the married couple with kids and limited time it is a great escape. Eat, drink, then sober up in the movie and drive home. The place serves excellent Sushi, the specials have been wonderful (TARO SPECIAL was great), they serve great Korean dishes as well. The tables out front are energetic and fun. The tables in the back have a more romantic appeal. Enjoy. We have never had a bad server, and the sushi chefs all say thank you as you leave. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Not SpectacularBasiaVIPDined on 8/14/2014Tried to get here a couple of times in the past and couldn't get in because the place was packed. Don't let that fool you. It's tiny inside which is why it packs out quickly. The food was average. Service was average. Too many other great choices in the area to go here again.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Wildfish - Arlington Heights reviews archive.
- Fresh sushiroljDined on 7/26/2014Dinner here was characterized by excellent, tender sushi, and friendly, competent service!Special Features:
- Good food, good ambienceinternationalfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Although it is a very small place, the atmosphere was welcoming, the service was good and the food was even better. The price was very good as well. Better selections and food then some of the downtown Chicago sushi/Japanese restaurants and at a better price. Would definitely recommend to friends and will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet Huge DisappointmentCharleegeeDined on 4/30/2014Have always liked Wildfish, pricey but good, but not so with their last Wednesday of the month buffet. They charge $35/person but try to get by on the cheap with the food. Trays of very ordinary sushi is put out in front of the sushi bar and sits out at room temperature until it is eaten. When we left after dinner the same sushi had been out for more than an hour and a half! You also have a very limited menu that you can order individual pieces of sushi from and this was very good. I would recommend only ordering from this and skip the "buffet" that reminds me of an all you can eat cheap chinese buffet restaurant.
- friendly good quality sushiSausalitoVIPDined on 4/8/2014My most recent meal was really very nice. The place has a cozy family run feel about it. All the sushi was very fresh and well prep-pared. The prices were reasonable. The service was friendly and somewhat inattentive. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Good placeClawerVIPDined on 3/29/2014Very large selection of sushi with spicy ones specifically marked. Also a good selection of sake and wine. Everything we've had from here has been very good. Will certainly come back.Special Features:
- I have dined at Wildfish severalOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/22/2014I have dined at Wildfish several times, and all prior experiences were very good except for last weekend. The service was absolutely awful! My entrée arrived 40 minutes after my husbands. We had to search for our waitress and ask for additional beverages. The server didn't acknowledge how bad the service was on that Saturday evening. The table behind us complained of waiting for over 30 minutes for an additional glass of water. Yes the food is very good, but after this terrible service and lack of being acknowledged I don't think I will dine at this restaurant again.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Food was excellent. A little pricy but they have groupon deals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in the NW SuburbsJPJPVIPDined on 3/14/2014I've never had a bad experience here. The sushi is always so fresh and the best around. Try the Kiss of Fire, great flavor plus excellent presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contacted already to yourMNYFLYZDined on 2/28/2014Contacted already to your company and received a standardized, form type answer. Highly questionable practice and quite insulting if you ask me. I will no longer be using your service and will be call the restaurants directly for reservations. For a Billion dollar company, you'd think customer service and attention to detail would be at the forefront.
- Nice, quiet and fresh fishFrankDined on 2/8/2014First time diner. Sat in a private booth in back. Menu was extensive and pleasant. Even the house wine was surprisingly good. Not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Quiet Neighborhood FindFoody3Dined on 2/3/2014Nice ambiance for conversation. Relaxing and great food!! Nice presentation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealRick72Dined on 2/1/2014We had been to Wildfish several time, but not in the past year. It is as good as we remember. The menu was large and the server helpful in recommending items that would give us a variety to sample. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfishLESLIEDined on 12/31/2013Great sushi. Wait staff very helpful. We had the special of the day for New Year's Eve, it was outstanding. Premises were very clean and orderly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindggansnerDined on 12/3/2013I was interested in some type of fish for dinner and found Wildfish. The location in the plaza is a bit difficult to find for a first-timer, but otherwise, the food was very good and the service was also good. I was able to have a nice dinner and will return if I'm in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushi great servicejesgDined on 10/26/2013The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The food was very good, and it was quiet and intimate enough to have a real conversation with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always very good food butmikemVIPDined on 10/25/2013as always very good food but tonight the service was not up to par.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit priceySushiDined on 10/25/2013We have been many times and the food is always fresh. It seems like they have added additional seating making it very hard to have a private dinner with a date. Seems very cramped in there but the place was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushisushiloverDined on 9/18/2013Wonderful selection of fresh sushi in a cozy atmosphere. I would request a booth for a little more privacy and pay a little extra for the black rice in the rolls. Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed it......OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2013I had great experience for dinner the other night. All of the food was wonderfully prepared, very fresh, and great tasting. The Lomi Lomi Salmon appetizer is an interesting mix of old fashioned salmon with capers flavors, and an avocado cilantro southwestern flare that's great. The sushi B plate was excellent too - nice fresh nigiri and a rainbow roll. The rainbow roll had just the right amount of "bite" to the spicy tuna. The service was prompt, professional and friendly - very nice people. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food and ambiance inside are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner but eh servicepintsizeDined on 7/5/2013I have been here before and loved it, I live in the area and the black rice option is amazing. The food was outstanding and my group had a wonderful time, except we were about 10-15 minutes from leaving and the restaurant was closed and we were told to leave. I wasn't able to finishing my drink. So apparently spending over $100 doesn't cut it for the staff to wait an extra ten minutes until they're customers are done. I still highly recommend the place and I will be going back but just make sure u go early enough so this wouldn't happen to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first visit at WildfishKasiaSkDined on 6/30/2013It was my first visit at Wildfish and it was a great decision...the personnel greets you when they hear the door open, and not only the ”front” person but also the ”sushi masters”... the sitting area is open but there are few more secluded booths...the waitress was nice and knows the food and wine menus..... and food was fresh and delicious..we ordered seaweed salad, tuna/salomone tartar, green dragon, volcanoes, crazy dragon ....and every single item was perfect. I recommended the Wildfish to everyone who likes Japanese food.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant DinnerBertDined on 6/14/2013Took some out of town friends for dinner. Impressive array of food and presentations. The staff really went out of their way to make the dinner special.Special Features:
- Super Sushi!KchugsDined on 5/12/2013Always have a great meal at Wildfish. So glad to have this restaurant in Arlington Heights. The food is fresh and delicious and the service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfish is our go to spotllllVIPDined on 5/4/2013Wildfish is our go to spot to celebrate family birthdays. The rolls are always great, especially the Ocean Drive, Scary Spider and Indiana Jones. Our only complaint is the loud, pulsing 90's music. It seemed like the wait staff really dug the tunes, but not the clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going downhill fastOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/2/2013I have been a regular here for years. LOVED it. Past tense. The service is quickly going down hill. The last few visits have been bad. The food quality seem to be declining and even more frustrating...Wait staff is horrible! Waitress disapears, mis-charges our bill, doesn't fix...After the second bad experience we asked to speak to a manager, who was EQUALLY horrible. Offered no apology or solution. After years of dedicated patronage...it's unlikely I will return.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013Enjoyed it quite a bit. Like other reviewers noted, the tables are pretty close together, but we still felt we weren't being listened to. Great food, good prices. Try it out!
- We love the people at Wildfish.BryanDined on 1/21/2013We love the people at Wildfish. The sushi is first-rate, and their prepared dishes are equally as good.Special Features:
- Great food, and attentiveDining4VIPDined on 1/19/2013Great food, and attentive server. Just an fyi, some tables are very close together so you can be "on top" of other customers.
- We booked an 8:45 reservationJfchicagoVIPDined on 12/31/2012We booked an 8:45 reservation on New Year's Eve thinking we would have ample time to enjoy a nice relaxing dinner. After sitting down and ordering an appetizer, we were then told that the kitchen closes in 10 minutes. Needless to say, we were very rushed. It would have been nice if they has told us when we made the open table reservation. Restaurant was a mess. Food was just average.Special Features:
- Good for suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012Great place. Sushi was really good. Best in suburbs I've ever had. However the prices were kinda high for what you get. Sake flight of 3 ($12), one martini ($11) and three makis @ $16 each came to $91 for two people with tip. (The Martini was okay at best) My theory is if want really good sushi but dont feel like driving to Chicago then go here. Be warned you will pay a premium though. Otherwise if you take the 30min drive to Chicago you will get the same quality sushi at half the price. Drive 30mins and pay less or stay suburban and pay more....your callSpecial Features:
- Service was slow. There wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Service was slow. There were 3 in our party & we ordered 3 different appetizers. They brought 1 of 3 out but the other two cam out much later when we got our sushi.
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/30/2012The food was very good but the server was over burdened - one server for too many people. We were never asked if we wanted a second round of drinks and water glasses sate empty often.
- Absolutely, a gem in the northwestMarkDined on 9/29/2012Absolutely, a gem in the northwest suburbs. I would encourage everyone to try it.Special Features: