Wildfire Steakhouse North York
3438 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4N 2N2Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Wildfire Steakhouse North York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfiresteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4164834800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: All special events which would require the restaurant to close must be specially arranged in advance, and are subject to deposit and minimum spending fees.
- Cross Street: Yonge & Yonge Blvd
- Public Transit: Lawrence station on the Yonge TTC line, take the Bedford Park exit, and walk approx. 6 blocks North.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: In addition to street parking, the David Share and Associates lot, located behind the restaurant off Deloraine Ave. is available to guests after 5pm, 7 days a week.
A word from Wildfire Steakhouse North York
At Wildfire Steakhouse and Wine Bar, we bring you the best of hardwood charcoal-inspired cooking to offer exquisite food and exceptional service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We are committed to providing a memorable dining experience to each guest, and we make your satisfaction our top priority. Using only the freshest ingredients and grilling exclusively with Quebec maple charcoal, we prepare every dish to order in our open concept kitchen. In addition to our delicious Sterling Silver® steaks, we offer a wide range of other mouthwatering appetizers, entrees and desserts to please any palate. As an accompaniment, our wine list gives you a selection of over four hundred wines, with labels to match every meal and suit any taste. We look forward to welcoming you to Wildfire Steakhouse and Wine Bar very soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildfire Steakhouse North York reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (49)notable wine list (40)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (17)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Service Was SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014We were a group of friends dining for the evening and even so we found ourselves wondering where the waiter was on several occasions. I wouldn't recommend this place if you have a deadline. We requested and they provided a round table which is great for a group of 7. It's on the pricey side, but we knew that going in.Special Features:
- Too long a wait for food!!StarvingDined on 10/18/2014It's too bad that the food took so long because it really was tasty! Unfortunately when the restaurant has to give you little free items like a dessert sampler because our entrees took forever, it doesn't change the overall impression of the dining experience. Quite disappointing - wouldn't go back there until they get more kitchen staff!Special Features:
- Delicious foodFoodiegirl77Dined on 10/17/2014Steak, crabcakes, flourless torte was fantastic! Our waiter Keith was a superb server. It was a great birthday dinner and he made our experience there memorable. We've already started spreading the word to our friends to go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencecatrinaDined on 10/17/2014We went here for our 20th and it was a great experience. Instead of having to wait for a hostess to seat us she was right there and held the door for us. We were quickly seated and had a break basket waiting. We ordered a four course meal and the food was nicely portion and served nicely over our experience there, ever feeling rushed. Not once had we had to ask for a refill of water, when our glass was low there was the server ready to refill. We both ordered the steak dinner and it was delicious. Great food, service and ambiance. Also a place were kids are welcome which is refreshing.Special Features:
- Great first experiencefirey1Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I have been passing by for years. I finally decided it was time to check Wildfire out. We had the best waiter (Steve) and the best food, and a great experience. I will say I gave the biggest tip to Steve I have ever given to any waiter. He knows what it means to be a top notch waiter. We would both go back to this restaurant and specifically ask for Steve because he knows his stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightSavvyContessaDined on 10/4/2014Service was excellent and so was the food. Steak was perfect and delicious. Escargot was slightly over cooked and too hot, but tasty. Nice ambience. Would highly recommend to anyone and I will be back.Special Features:
- Too bad about the serviceFoodforThoughtDined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing but the poor service ruined our experience. After taking our order, not once did the server make his own way to our table. I had to flag him down, send other severs to find him and had to ask for salt and wine twice as he forgot (and promptly blamed his busser). Nothing ruins good food faster than poor service (conversely, great service can make mediocre food easier to swallow.
- Reliable,ComfortfoodplusDined on 9/22/2014It isn't cheap, but the ribs are great and the service tops. Menu has been changed - I miss some of the desserts (used to have a great red velvet cake and a terrific caramel/choc cheesecake brownie, but sadly, no more). The desserts don't match up to the previous ones, but are okay. I miss the hummus starters too...times are a changin', but as I said...the ribs - and the chicken - are great.Special Features:
- welcomingSaPaDined on 9/20/2014Several hosts at door, welcoming. Learned there is a ramp to use if necessary so it is wheelchair accessible. Very busy restaurant and on the dark side so it is hard to read the menu (the phone flashlight comes in handy), the steak and chicken is excellent. The pasta primavera had very few vegetables. It was disappointing - lots of pasta, little veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakwbmstrDined on 9/9/2014The food was very good, the steak was particularly good. The were a lot of servers, but oddly the service was not great. They seemed disorganized and there were odd gaps in attendance. The funniest thing was at the end of the dinner when I ordered a blueberry tea, there were at least 8 dead fruit flies served in it! I told the waiter, he said "yeah, they love that stuff." Sure they replaced it, but in a place that dark, I could have easily missed it and been downing some fruit fly protein. In any case, while that was odd, the overall dinner was very nice and the ambience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Delicious FoodpiepiepieDined on 8/31/2014This place had great service. Our server was attentive even though she had her hands full. She was very friendly, and was a great guide for the steak options. The filet mignon double wrapped with bacon was delicious. It was so soft and tender, and cooked to a perfect rare. It's also great that they offer complimentary butters to top off your steak. The blue cheese butter did not take away from the steak, and only added heavenly richness to the meal. Ambience was really nice. It was dim (good for romance), but not so dim that I couldn't see my partner's face. We sat in the booth, which was a little tight in space, but made a lot of sense when the food came; we didn't have to lean forward to eat.Special Features:
- Awesome Dinner: Wildfire SteakhouseBalmoralFoodieDined on 8/28/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Wildfire - the wine list is exhaustive, the Masi Ripasso, escargot, strip loin with blue cheese butter and berry dessert were most memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice last minute local...BeetlejuiceLovesLydiaDined on 8/19/2014No real complaints overall and the flavor was great, but will note: Waiter had a nice sense of humor but could easily be misunderstood as edgy. Steak was prepared medium instead of medium well (honestly this happens too often other places as well). Manager was warm, cordial and knowledgeable about my Wifes allergy needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food , great staffOut4dinnerDined on 8/18/2014Food was slow to be served but they made up for it with apologies and a really great server He understood we had been kept waiting longer than acceptable and did make every effort to make the meal very enjoyable . When the food did arrive it was hot, fresh and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.BConDined on 8/6/2014My experience at wildfire was unforgettable. I had a groupon for the colborne location (I didn't realize its specific) and the lovely waiter Ryan and his manager Mateo allowed us to use it anyways. Parking was easily accessible across from the restaurant and upon entering the hostess opens the door for you! My husband is VERY Picky and thoroughly enjoyed his meal. The staff was excellent and made every effort to meet the needs of their customers. We had a couple next to us that made a big deal about their steak not being cooked the way they liked it and they took it right back and got her lamb instead!... Overall I would say it is a must eat. Oh they have the largest wine list I have ever seen AND they served my coca cola in a bottle GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most wonderful birthday EVERPeanut3193Dined on 8/1/2014We celebrated my husband's 50th birthday at wildfire. It met my expectations and way beyond! We had finished our amazing dinner when our waiter brought us two glasses of champagne. We toasted to the birthday and then come dessert with a sparkler in his dessert and happy birthday written on his plate. Pictures were taken and then the waiter gave my husband a birthday CARD wishing him a happy birthday from all of the staff. It was just the most magical evening and I thank the staff of wildfire for making it so special. We will remember the evening for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic AmbienceCoffeebeanDined on 7/24/2014Wildfire never disappoints. The service is excellent, the decor is stunning, the ambience is perfect, the food is delicious and has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beUptodatefoodieDined on 7/21/2014I cannot say you will have a bad meal, but not a great meal. Price increase does not warrant food or portion. Very dark inside - years gone by
- Good food, but ZERO for restaurantWent4anniversaryDined on 7/20/2014Good food and great service, but the decor was old and dated...including the furniture. The table was cracked and scratched all over. The ceiling was falling off at a few places and had water leak marks. The fake flowers on the wall had never been cleaned...it was that obvious. Our server, on the other hand, was awesome. Even though we got a very tight spot upstairs next to the huge curtains right on us, the server was quick with food and one line jokes to make it OK. Kudos to the chef for good food! Kudos to the server and the other staff for awesome service! Zero for the resturatant itselft...not worth the money! -
- Summerlicious!AileenDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I were visiting Toronto for the weekend and sort of stumbled on Wildfire via the Summerlicious website. What a great find! We had a lobster appetizer, and I had a lobster entree. It was wonderful. We really liked the ambiance of the restaurant, and the service was excellent. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Best Summerlicious!MSquareLeeDined on 7/20/2014We have tried several Summerlicious since last year and by far, this is the best we have experienced.Special Features:
- Nice place for family dinnerIncoDined on 7/20/2014We have visited the place on the last day of Summarlicious 2014 and I don't hesitate at all that we decided to celebrate my mom's birthday at this nice restaurant. Everything was so great - place, food, service. I would like to thank all people who made this evening special for us! The service was just outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy "summerlicious" lunchPearlDined on 7/20/2014lunch during summerlicious sunday, our server provided nice and great service. food portion is big enough for dinners. (dish is hot, and tasty) definifely is worth to paid $$. for sure, will come back again...Special Features:
- FREEZINGFoodieAshDined on 7/19/2014The food was really good but the restaurant was FREEZING and that really brought down our whole dining experience. I didn't take my jacket off the entire time and my guest fought the urge to put his on. Besides that, the service was really good and the creme brulee was to die for!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!!! But FoodKanTharDined on 7/19/2014This place has outstanding service experience. Waiters and hosts were overwhelmingly nice and great customer service. Food is not that great.Special Features:
- Summerlicious ExperienceMishkaDined on 7/18/2014This was my second Summerlicious experience at Wildfire Steakhouse, and it was a great EXPERINCE. The food is not only flavourful, but plated beautifully. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves food and a romantic atmosphere. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, and my boyfriend ordered the Steak, and they were both satisfying portions.Special Features:
- Love the food; waiter was moodyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014It was our first time here. Our table was booked for 6:30pm. We loved the atmosphere, deco, friendly hostesses. Food was amazing, especially the lobsters. We love the Summerlicious menu. That's what got us introduced to your restaurant. The only thing didn't fit in, was our waiter's mood. Maybe he didn't have a good day. He was very moody, quick in acting, no friendly smile like the rest of the staff, sometime we felt like we weren't really welcomed there for some reason. Overall we might come back to your restaurant. We hope to get another waiter though if we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was so busy…wontgoagainDined on 7/17/2014I was asking my server to refill water for 2 times, and waiting for him at least 20 mins, then the glass in front of me was still remaining empty. I know the restruant was busy, but how hard can it be? At last, I asked a guy who looks like manager to refill water for me, and the issue was solved immediately, that is why I mark one star in service section above. Final conclusion, good food, good ambience, poor service quality for just one servers…
- Summerlicious was lovely!C21C21Dined on 7/13/2014came here for summerlicious with some friends. We had a wonderful time. Service was lovely and good was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Romantic DinnerHJRestaurantReviewsDined on 7/12/2014Went to eat for Summerlicious because regularly the prices are a bit too out of the budget. I have to say for such a fancy place they are family friendly, fast and the staff was just amazing so friendly! We definitely will be coming back again! Their wine list goes on for pages bottles from $40 to $3000. Reservations were for 5:30 We felt welcomed when our table was already set with a high chair like we mentioned in the reservation. I started with a hibiscus champagne cocktail and he had a pint of creemore. Then we ordered a bottle of wine which went well our new york striploin and garlic mash Will recommend Wildfire to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousMickiDined on 7/8/2014Very nice food selections for summerlicious. Great food, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great service, large dishesSunaoDined on 7/4/2014We went there for a Summerlicious dinner ($45 per person). The server was really nice to us! The dishes, including the appetizer, were huge! I was half-full after I finished my butternut squash soup. For the main course, the mushroom risotto that I ordered (I am a vegetarian) was not so tasty. The rice was rather grainy and I would prefer the dish to be a bit more salty. The dessert (creme brulee) was great though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious ExperiencefoodieDined on 7/4/2014We usually love dining here but this time our server made it not so great for us. He just didn't pay us any attention, in terms of checking on us, filling the water. He gave us 20 minutes before we could order. Our appetizer came out right away but the main took awhile. Not sure if the timing was due to us arriving at 5pm and maybe thats when the kitchen opened. We would definitely come to the restaurant again. But may seek another server that we had in the past. He seemed rude and snooty, maybe because we weren't ordering wine and were doing the summerlicious menu. But all other service people at the restaurant was great. The door was opened for us, People led us to our table. Warm and friend other staff. Just not our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 863 reviews are from the Wildfire Steakhouse North York reviews archive.
- Below ExpectatationsMaxWLADined on 6/26/2014Haven't been to Wildfire for many years. It hasn't changed ( for the better). I travel globally and eat at many fine restaurants. I was dining with my 17 year old son this was what might be considered a special evening out. We were not asked where we might like to sit. It was early and the restaurant empty and were seated at a booth hidden in the back. Our server was a veteran waiter abrupt and unengaging. I think he was disappointed we were not ordering Penfold's Grange. My carnivore son said his steak was fatty. My chicken piri piri was very ordinary. My son has eaten steak at some of the best. He was shocked his steak was $56 and said I make a better steak and named 3 other restaurants we had eaten at with better steak.Special Features:
- Rib LoversKess2000VIPDined on 6/24/2014My husband and two kids return to Wildfire again and again for the delicious back ribs. They are the best in town. It is a bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business meeting & dinnerThanksDined on 6/23/2014We chose this restaurant to the location, and the menu offerings viewed on line. Although I did check some online reviews, a few indicated very slow service. We found the same. Slow to get our drink orders, horribly slow - and disengaged with the customers - we had to call the waiter to take our order - and the bill. Not a busy night-It was Monday. Food was ok, but certainly not worth what we paid - and we were prepared to pay - we did order a $180 bottle of wine. Service was such a shame - they could have sold us at least 1 more bottle - but chose to put our caraffe on another table, well out of reach-did I mention the horribly slow service? Pay attention to your customers - your bottom line will improve. Good luck, we won't be back.Special Features:
- Had a great dinnerTravelMusingDined on 6/22/2014My hubby had steak and I had the back ribs. I did find the back ribs a bit too saucy, and will ask for less sauce in the future. But the meat was melting off the bone, very succulent and tasty. My hubby enjoyed his steak. It was cooked perfectly, medium rare, just as he asked. Juicy and delicious. The wine recommended by the hostess was good too.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementluv2eatDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I took my parents this past weekend for dinner using a Groupon voucher. The food is very good but unfortunately the service did not match. Our waiter Roman seemed annoyed by our voucher and dedicated more time and attention to the tables ordering off the main menu. Since we were using the voucher this allowed us to spend more money on drinks, if they had been offered. Having to wait 40 minutes for our bill while the table beside us saw our waiter every five minutes is unacceptable. My husband and I used to frequent this restaurant a lot but once again we have been reminded why we stopped.Special Features:
- Excellent service and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2014We were there for a graduation celebration and couldn't be more pleased with our experience. Everything we ordered was good but nothing too creative or outstanding, just solid food and lots of choices.Special Features:
- Fathers Day Dinner with the FamilyOPA1964Dined on 6/15/2014The event was a family gathering for fathers day although I have been here twice before. Each time I found the restaurant to be dependable, the food and service are both good but the service could improve. Ambiance was good, busy enough but not crowded. Parking is the usual with a Yonge street address, sometimes challenging. We had a range of ages from children to seniors, and everyone found something that appealed to them, so the menu range is broad. Earning praise was the ribs, the Piri Chicken, the Filet Mignon, the wild mushroom soup and crab cakes appetizer. On the downside, the Australian fish dish the Barramundi could have been better. It may be just a little pricey for its offering. Extensive wine list, but again a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.