Wildfire - Schaumburg
1250 E Higgins Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Schaumburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8479950100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday-Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-11:00pm; Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm; Open Thanksgiving Day: 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Luis Trujillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Schaumburg
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Schaumburg - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Wildfire - Schaumburg reviews from OpenTable diners
657 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (429)good for groups (254)fit for foodies (217)romantic (202)great for lunch (156)notable wine list (120)neighborhood gem (117)hot spot (91)vibrant bar scene (69)kid-friendly (49)great for brunch (41)great for outdoor dining (41)late-night find (38)scenic view (6)Show More
- Food and Service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The food and service was great was there for our anniversary...Purposely went early because of the noise in the past. Our Waitess and staff were very pleasant and we were seated promptly and service was good. Only, thing I thought was a little disappointing was this was our anniversary and they really didnt do anything to make it memorable.. This is not a cheap place $14 for a cocktail. I have been to other restaurants where they have had a rose for my wife, a card, special menu or a comped a dessert..not here..nothing nada...sorry...Special Features:
- WildfireblackbirdDined on 9/27/2014The steaks were very tender & flavorful- service was excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and although I have been here about 20 times before, I was disappointed on this visit. The family next to us must have thought this was Red Robin, they had their 8 year old boy sitting in a booster chair some of the time and on his dads lap or wandering around the other times. The couple two tables away must have come in from fishing, the lady had on shorts and a tank top and the man had on boat shoes, shorts and a t-shirt. It also felt like we were dining on a freeway, way too much foot traffic by our table. The server was of Mexican heritage and I think I understood about 3 of every 10 words he said. Overall, the food was good, but the atmosphere and total package was disappointing.
- Family Birthdays CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I requested a quieter location with a round table. And we got it! The food was superior and the waiter even better than superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Superb food, atmosphere, and service...always a great time to be here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable ServiceSarahDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I went out for a rare "alone" date and we alway know we can have a lovely meal at Wildfire! Our server was knowledgable, accomodating and patient. The food was outstanding...as always. It is consistently great. The potato crusted scallops were amazing! And of course, you can't go wrong with a filet there. I could smell the cedar planks cooking salmon and I struggled with not ordering that! It is by far the best salmon I've ever had. We are rewards members and our meal ended up being $5.55 after using our rewards points...it's a great program! Thank you for making our date night perfect!Special Features:
- Excellent food.edgeDined on 9/24/2014Service was great and the food even better. Very crowded for a Wednesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service was averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Service could have been a bit friendlier for the cost of menu items. Also the special was not the best meat I have had....again could be a bit better cut for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014By far the best place to go in the Woodfield area.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch with kids in towjustumble17Dined on 9/21/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday and the prices were affordable ranging from $11 and up for a plate. We had two small babies with us, which they were very accommodating to. I've also been to wildfire for a rehearsal dinner and the food was wonderful and they were extremely accommodating to the very large group and all of our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...Poor serviceTrixieBonzelDined on 9/20/2014We been to WILDFIRE many times, and the food is pretty consistent. The service varies...from too attentive, too not attentive enough. This last experience, the waiter was awful. He would rather spend his time talking to the diners at the table next to us (I think they were friends), than take care of our service. We asked for more ice, and a fork, and neither were ever brought. I think we were "bothering" him. My friend left a 20% tip, but I think the tip should reflect the service given, and that was too much.
- Great Serviceluv2dineDined on 9/20/2014Great Service, Good Knowledge from the Waiter and relaxing environment.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceeatingoutDined on 9/20/2014We went to Wild Fire to celebrate my husbands birthday with our 2 grown kids, and were seated immediately. I highly recommend reservations since we tried 2 other times to get in without them and had no luck. The service was great and the food was wonderful, everything even the banana coconut cream pie was a dream. We had such a nice experience, but because it is pricey we can't dine there more than 1-2 times a year. We will go back on a special occasion though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i expectedWelovegoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014My first time at Wildfire was not what i thought it would be. I had heard great things about it and although they have interesting choices on the menu....i was not satisfied. We were a group of five and all ended up getting the same thing because we were in the mood for a good shrimp pasta...when the plates came out it looked delicious but we all barely ate our plates because the shrimp and sauce were extremely salty. For paying 19 dollars a plate, we were disappointed. I had to order a side of mashed potatoes and macaroni because i was left so hungry but was not going to eat my salty food. I'm not bashing on the restaurant maybe it was just a mistake and if i were to return it will be better but for that night we all left hungry.Special Features:
- 60th Birthday CelebrationMangiVIPDined on 9/19/2014I was there with a group of girlfriends celebrating our special birthdays (4 out of 6 of us turned 60 within a year). Wildfire service was wonderful, and also gave us birthday dessert on the house - awesome! Thanks so much!Special Features:
- SuppriseSupprised100Dined on 9/19/2014Was expecting a long wait but experienced only a five minute wait. Tried the outside tables at the Schaumburg Wildfire and found it to be very nice. Temperature controls/heater worked really well. Planning to go back again soon because the food is fantastic and the wait on a Friday night at 7PM was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyVIPDined on 9/19/2014The cornbread was to die for! Very pleasant experience with great food and service.
- Celebrated our anniversaryBlackhawksfanaticDined on 9/18/2014We were first time customers to Wildfire and were celebrating our 4 year anniversary. The food and martinis were outstanding! Customer service could use a little improvement but overall we would recommend Wildfire to anyone and hope to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent!AtomicscottDined on 9/17/2014Took my father here for his birthday. As usual, the food and service was excellent. I asked for a special birthday dessert and they indeed delivered. All Wildfire restaurants are consistently great...and this one is no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire is wonderful!MargoDined on 9/17/2014Everything about Wildire is perfect -- we were seated immediately, the service was outstanding and the macadamia nut-encrusted halibut with the World's Best Mashed Potatoes were extraordinary. Oh, and let's not forget the Martini Flight. It's one of our favorite places to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Late Birthday CelebrationMartiniLoverDined on 9/16/2014My Birthday is in April but my boyfrind and I do not always celebrate it on time; This year I decided on Wildfire since my boyfriend has not been there and I have with many friends and for many occasions. I always brag about my Favorite drinks which is the Wildfire Flights of Martini's! He was impressed with the food so I am sure we will be back as I know I will since I am a member of the Lettuce Entertain You Frequent Diner Club. My first Lettuce Entertain You restaurant I went to was R J Grunts back in the 70's so you know I am a loyal fan! Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Wildfire is a bit pricey. Everything is ala carte.Special Features:
- Overdone !JamesDined on 9/16/2014We don't get to treat ourselves to an expensive meal very often. I took my wife here for her birthday. Appetizers were good. Good service. But our filet mignon was way overdone and dry! We did talk to a manager and he took care of the bill and offered new steaks. We already waited over an hour for our first steaks and had other birthday plans so we cancelled the steaks all together. Really disappointing dinner especially when we don't get to eat there cause it's pricey. Next time will have to make my own birthday dinner.
- Outstanding Food and ServicealfonsoDined on 9/15/2014We had a nice semi-circular booth and a very friendly and efficient server along with excellent bus boy attention and service. The food was outstanding with a nice quantity of food on our plates. Server brought my wife a complimentary dessert (with candle) to celebrate her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Food!HappyCamperVIPDined on 9/15/2014We can't dine at Wildfire without having the Chopped Salad-it is always so good! I had the Potato Crusted Scallops-which were a generous portion and cooked to perfection. The Creamed Spinach was wonderful, as were the Mashed Potatoes. My husband had the Prime Rib and said it was delicious. My only "complaint" if I had one, was that they were out of the Tuesday night special (Crab-topped Trout) when our order was placed (at 7pm). Guess it was a big fish night! It is not an inexpensive place to dine but we have always had exceptional food.Special Features:
- Four for dinnerDavisCupDined on 9/14/2014Had reservation for 7 o'clock, got seated at 7:20. Bar area was full so really no place to wait. Once seated everything was great, food and service were exceptional, ambiance very nice. Tried house red wine and found it surprisingly tasty.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/14/2014Good food, good service. Very pleased with our time spent at Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitedGwenDined on 9/14/2014Even with our reservation for 8 people, made quite some time time ago, we had to wait 40 minutes before we were seated. Yes we received complimentary appetizers, but with older people, waiting is very difficult.Special Features:
- Good but prices sky rocketingdinksDined on 9/14/2014Recent price increases are sizeable with most steaks over $30 now. We were seated 15 mins late for our reservation and I think we were seated only after I approached the host stand for a progress check. Service a bit slow. Still a good dinner, but value is waning. They should remove the Al Forno Rib Eye Medallions from the menu, as they are hardly ever available and we eat early. 3 out of the last 4 visits they were not available....should be listed as a nightly special instead. Don't know why I keep hoping to be able to order this item when we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere - A Bit PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We had a large group of people. The atmosphere and service was very good. The food was pricey and some people were disappointed in their entrees.Special Features:
- ImpressedInahurryDined on 9/13/2014We had reservations for 8pm and were on a tight schedule trying to get dinner in before a concert. We were sat a little earlier than our reservations and had prompt service. The waiter went over the menu and explained everything including drinks and specials. We ordered and had our food in what seemed like 20 minutes. When we were finished with the meal, we checked the time and realized we had about 20 minutes to spare. The main thing: the meal was unbelievable. The steak had to be one of the best I've ever had. Great night all around.Special Features:
- not romanticmyfavhangDined on 9/13/2014This was a bit of a disappointing night in terms of atmosphere only. The layout was very open with different levels of dining floors. Our horseshoe-shaped booth was directly facing other diners who were looking directly at us from their booth. Two horseshoe booths facing each other and one is up higher than the other makes for an awkward evening for a couple celebrating a special occasion. It is not the kind of place to celebrate an anniversary for two but more of a happening place for groups. It was also noisy but not unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually disappointed.PeterDined on 9/12/2014Normally have no issues dining here. Food and service, it's always excellent. This time however, the food was disappointing, which was unusual. The service was good though, no complaints there. I hope that this will be an isolated disappointment, as it's one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first dinner thereNightOut2Dined on 9/12/2014We were up in the area for a concert. We searched online for places to eat with Prime Rib and chose Wildfire. My husband had the 16 oz Prime Rib (medium rare) and I ordered the Chefs Choice of 3 small filet's all crusted with my choice (I chose Mushroom, Parmesan, and Horseradish) and all were fantastic. My husband who loves plain prime rib wished he would have chosen the Parmesan crusting for his Prime Rib and next time plans to do so. I would also like to mention I made reservations on line that day and we arrived early and enjoyed the Martini "Flight" in the bar and ordered the soft pretzels (which I recommend for an appetizer). They were very busy, but our table was ready right on time.Special Features:
- loved itFelipeDined on 9/12/2014The food was great. The service was excellent. The entire experience was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Food was excelent! waitress took long before she would come to our table to present herself, but she provided us with good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the place it used to be.ngood2Dined on 9/11/2014Was not happy at all, first I was set at a booth table in the bar, not what I wanted when I requested romantic, this Wildfire has gone down in quality on all aspects, I will never go back to this location again, I hope the locations in Lincolnshire and Glenview are better, I will try them again. The food wasn't prepared very well the drinks were okay, the service was average, this is a relatively high priced restaurant, I expect more.Special Features:
- Overall great - again!FlynAceDined on 9/11/2014I had a biz dinner meeting with out of town colleagues. Since this unique 1940s style stake house, this was perfect. My colleagues were impressed with dinner and ambiance. Portions are large and deserts are even larger. We had ice ream desert and had one order and 4 of shared yet plenty was wasted. Overall, positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankieFrankieDined on 9/11/2014In general fine experience..Although the restaurant always seems to be very busy and therefore noise level can be extreme,. Food good; service excellent; Hostess very nice and very sociable.. Good choice always..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnermikesladyDined on 9/10/2014We have been to the Schaumburg & Lincolnshire locations several times, whether meeting friends or celebrating special occasions. The food, service, & ambiance never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.