Wildfire - Schaumburg
1250 E Higgins Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Schaumburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8479950100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday-Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-11:00pm; Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm; Open Thanksgiving Day: 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Luis Trujillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Schaumburg
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Schaumburg - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Wildfire - Schaumburg reviews from OpenTable diners
650 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (428)good for groups (244)fit for foodies (209)romantic (200)great for lunch (154)neighborhood gem (119)notable wine list (119)hot spot (87)vibrant bar scene (70)kid-friendly (47)late-night find (41)great for outdoor dining (41)great for brunch (39)scenic view (5)Show More
- out of character service levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014The service from this particular Wildfire visit was certainly out of character. I've frequented this Wildfire many times over the years (50-75 times perhaps?) - and your food and service has ALWAYS been OUTSTANDING! But yesterday, it took close to an hour to get our food - for lunch. Our waiter was kind and friendly, but clearly had his hands full. There must have been a staffing issue. If this was my first visit, I wouldn't return. Please accept my thanks for all the positive experiences I've had at your restaurant. This was certainly an anomaly, but know you would want to know about it. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed twice in food/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Server did not greet us for quite some time after we were seated. Did not describe specials to us. Had to ask twice for lemons for my water. (no acknowledgement that she forgot them the first time)Had to ask the bus staff to remove our appetizer plates, and also our empty bread board when our lunch arrived. My son ordered a side Caesar salad- it never came. My soup was not hot. My son's and my husband's sandwiches were cold and bland. My goat cheese/beet salad was all greens and barely any goat cheese and beets. Had to hunt for the goodies. The Wildfire in Oakbrook is our favorite restaurant, but due to proximity for the guests of honor, we chose to dine at this location. 2 tries, both disappointing.Special Features:
- Pleasant Saturday lunchIllinoistravelerVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have a very nice saturday lunch. Great way to take a break over a holiday weekend.Special Features:
- First timepowelljr10Dined on 8/29/2014I ordered the ribeye medallions and my husband had the plank salmon. Absolutely delicious! And for dessert you have the option of getting half a dessert, which is a great idea. I had the key lime pie...DELICIOUS! My husband had the skillet cookie with ice cream. No complaints from him either. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and ServiceBadgerDad1Dined on 8/29/2014We ate here on a Friday night. The steaks were very flavorful, the sides were delicious (creamed spinach and red mashed potatoes) were delicious, and chopped chicken salad that the three of us shared was very southwest style tasty. Excellent wait staff! Would dine here again!Special Features:
- salty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My dinner was salty and not tasty. I had bourbon tenderloin tips. My side dish was the a u gratin potatoes, salty. Also, I had a gluten free bun that came out cold. The server we had was wonderful. It was our anniversary that evening so I didn't want to ruin the night by complaining. Normally I never say anything, but we have dined there a few times before. This is the first time the over all experience was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trusted StandbyRecessionistaVIPDined on 8/29/2014I trust Wildfire to have consistently good steaks (cooked as ordered), a solid wine list, and good sides. Wildfire delivered on this visit. This location in particular seems to do a very good job of getting things right the first time. I like my steaks rare/blue, and mine was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- NIGHT OUT WITH THE GIRLSGLADDined on 8/28/2014OUR GROUP OF 7 WAS REDUCED TO 5 BUT WE WERE USHERED INTO PRIVATE DINING ROOM AND TWO EXTRA PLACE SETTINGS REMOVED AND CHAIRS GROUPED CLOSER QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY. WE SPLIT THE LARGE CHOPPED SALAD AND ALL RAVED ABOUT THE DRESSING AND FLAVOR. I ENJOYED MY PRIME RIB COOKED MEDIUM RARE AS I HAD ORDERED. OTHERS LOVED THEIR SALMON, MEDALIONS AND PIZZA. BAKED POTATO HUGE, ALL PORTIONS LARGE AND WE ALL TOOK DOGGIE BAGS HOME; COULDN'T EVEN CONSIDER THE LUSCIOUS DESSERTS PRESENTED ON A TRAY BY OUR WONDERFUL EFFICIENT WAITRESS.WE LIKED IT BETTER THAN THE OAKBROOK WILDFIRE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatMannj611Dined on 8/28/2014We always come to celebrate special occasions like anniversaries and birthdays. We bring out of town guests from all of the world there and they are always so pleased by their food, service and wine collection....and the great desserts. It was a great night to sit out on the patio and enjoy our wine, good food and our special guest even as it rained softly. We keep coming back. Our young grndkids love to come also! "It is tradition".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShowtimeShowtimeDined on 8/28/2014My favorite restaurant to eat out. Food is awesome and a wide varietySpecial Features:
- Wildfire in ShaumburgSUZ909Dined on 8/26/2014A bit noisy at times...but a great place to meet and eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was Very disappointed,never againLove23Dined on 8/23/2014It was our 23rd anniversary and we decided to try your establishment. We were sat within 10 min of our reservation and the staff was very attentive. The martinis were fantastic and the bacon wrapped scallops were great as well. I decided to go with the queen cut prime rib. The prime rib was terrible, I couldn't believe the amount of fat, it was 1/3 fat with toughness throughout. Not an easy chew. When I pay good money I expect a good piece of meat, especially from and establishment that supposedly prides itself on it's cuts of meat. I can not belive I was served such a bad cut. They have not gained a repeat customer, and that's too bad as I'm sure I'm not the first and won't be the last to be fooled by this pig in lipstick of a restaurant.
- MartyDined on 8/23/2014Our dining experience could be described as " Subpar " at best. The food was poor ( by Wildfire standards ) and our wait staff could be categorized as " Indifferent " to our needs.
- ralphDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. atmosphere is old time restaurant club. Only draw back is the noise level.Special Features:
- Very Good Dinner OutDontdineoutalotDined on 8/23/2014Decided to have a nice dinner out and wildfire never disappoints. Dined at the Schaumberg location a few times and always had a good experience. Despite a problem with the reservation transfer from OpenTable, the wildfire staff was able to correct the issue and immediately seat my party. It would be nice if the noise level from the kitchen could be reduced a little bit but, we were still able to hold a conversation and hear the music. I can't seem to get away from the New York strip steak with a Parmesan crust. Love it and have it almost every time I am at wildfire. Cocktails were great and I couldn't resist the chocolate chip cookie and ice cream dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Visit at Schaumburg WildfirechrischicagoVIPDined on 8/23/2014My family and I are regulars at Wildfire. As usual, we got the chicken chopped salad but there was literally only one small piece of chicken in the salad. I wanted to flag down the waiter earlier but he must have been working a station on the other side of the restaurant because he constantly disappeared for 10 minutes at a time. When I told him, he said next time we come to Wildfire, be sure to tell them to give us double chicken ... doesn't really help us after the fact. On the plus side, the parmesan crusted filet was outstanding as always and cooked perfectly. We ordered a few items to share and asked the waiter to split but unfortunately they weren't split like they do most of the time. Hopefully different server next time.
- Great food and bad seviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our great meal was hampered by bad service from our waitress. No personality and hardly checked on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDeandDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Wildfire for our 21st wedding anniversary. Food and service was great. We made a reservation and were seated immediately even though there were people on the wait list. I told them ahead of time on my open table reservation form it was our anniversary. They did something really nice for us, fantastic experience. Our server was fantastic (can't remember her name) she was from Elgin, I hope management can narrow it down and recognize her.Special Features:
- As usual, the food was greatSparkfavsDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated my son's 16th birthday at Wildfire on August 22nd. The food earns a very high ranking as one of my favorites. Service was very good. A bit pricey, but everyone enjoyed a great dinner and our birthday celebration was memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivePatti2789Dined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to this Wildfire location and I had invited other family members to meet there while visiting the Chicago area. We were all so impressed by every aspect of our experience! From the time we were greeted at the door, we were made to feel welcome! Our server was caring, funny and available whenever we needed anything. We had selected Wildfire for the food, and we were not disappointed. Taste and presentation were both excellent as always. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Girls dinnerBiking4allDined on 8/22/2014Everything was great! The service, the food and the ambiance. I would and have recommended this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- TJLEYLEDined on 8/21/2014Had a wonderful experience at Wildfire. Erick was our waiter and he was phenomenal. Had us cracking up the entire time. The food was great. We both had the macadamia nut crusted halibut, I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great foodHlc0203Dined on 8/21/2014Everything we ordered was fantastic. My boyfriend got the ribs and said they were the best he has ever had. I really liked the hand-tossed pizza appetizer. The wine list was extensive and reasonably priced. Actually the whole menu was reasonable. The only thing that surprised me was the diners... We had never been before, and as it was a 7pm reservation on a Thursday I expected Wildfire to be relatively quiet, with mostly couples and people there on business. I was shocked at the number of people coming in groups and bringing babies and children in. I guess it's good if you have a family and are looking for a nice night out, but I was expecting more a more intimate, subdued environment. Regardless I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KpmagnoliaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Unfortunately I was able to see my prime rib sitting in the hot food window while waiting for the rest of my food to come out. It was overcooked but still tasty. I would advise cutting prime rib right before you send it out next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingMrsLeroyDined on 8/21/2014We usually dine at Wildfire for special occasions only. This time it was our anniversary, and honestly it was a disappointment. I ordered a filet that was so small it looked totally lost on the plate. It was a bit overcooked and our server never even asked how our food was. He never told us his name, he did bring us our cocktails in a timely fashion, but that was about it. Someone else brought our food to the table. For the cost of the meal I expected to be "wowed" a little more. We will be looking into other places in the future for our "special" dinners out.Special Features:
- Great timeDianeDined on 8/20/2014Never disappoints ! Great place to catch up with friends and enjoy great meal and cocktail !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised by a private roomFineDinerDined on 8/20/2014As usual, good food and service. Pleasantly surprised to be given a private room upon our arrival, and they were kind to keep it waiting for us when part of our group was running late. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- good eveninggoodeveningDined on 8/20/2014had a res for 8.. got there early and asked if i could sit at the table, as my arms were full of birthday gifts. the hostess said no, the entire party had to be present. this was 6pm on a wednesday. the restaurant was empty. i asked if i could be seated anyway, as they weren't going to give the table to anyone else. she grudgingly acceded. they took me to the table. I said this isn't a table for 8! they said yes it was. i said, then why are there only 6 chairs? they brought two more chairs, the table was small but made it easier to converse with everyone. food, as usual, was good, and our waitress, Sheryl, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenty Awesome!Disneynut9Dined on 8/19/2014I frequent Wildfire for business lunches. The service and food is always outstanding and consistent. You can not go wrong with Wildfire in Schaumburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but have had betteralexxcDined on 8/17/2014I've been to wildfire numerous times. This time, I wasn't extremely impressed. We made a reservation for a booth at 7:15pm. We did not get seated until 7:30pm. Waitress was friendly and the service was great. I came here wanting the Sunday "special" - turkey dinner. They were sold out. I thought, OK, let's try the corn bread they normally serve at lunch. That was also sold out. I couldn't get the turkey and couldn't get the corn bread as a consolation. I had the new york strip...which was pretty good. I've had better but it was cooked right and the wild rice was great. My wife had the swordfish. It was supposed to be an 8oz "steak" but it was more like 5oz of cubed pieces. It was good, though. Overall - good. But, pricy for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal at WildfireMissGTVIPDined on 8/17/2014In all my years of eating at Wildfire, this was by far the best. Had the chopped salad, of course, followed by halibut. It was absolutely delicious. Great, attentive service, too.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Food was exclellent and our servere was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Just perfectLuv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Wildfire had amazing food and a great atmosphere. The service was great, very professional and kind! There's not one negative thing I could say about Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible awful really bad serviceJaneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Worst service ever at a wild fire...manager not much better...so very grateful he thought I should be as he did not charge me for a salad I did not receive...bottle of sparkling water hit the table and floor spilled my drink did not even notice and then he wanted to give me his card...WHAT? Clueless really
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to wildfire several times and brought our friends for the first time. They were impressed with the service, the menu and their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightWFfanDined on 8/15/2014Went to Wildfire to spend time with friends and had a fabulous time. We were seated a little later than what was told to us as the reservations were made through Open Table so they comped us a free appetizer. Thought that's a great policy!Special Features:
- Wildfire good and badJacksterDined on 8/15/2014Good: I order a medium rare rib eye and it was excellent, Baked potato was a little bigger than as smart car and very tasty waitress was fast and attentive. Took the bone from the steak home to the dog and she urged me to eat there more often. Bad: My wife orders the prime rib medium rare and it seems dry with very little taste which was very disappointing as it looked great ! We were seated very close to the distribution area for the food so it seems very crowed around our table at times. It still was amazing hope so much food can more in such a little time before your eyes, But I would have preferred to see how its done on the food channel. Also seemed a little pricey !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING AS USUALSteakguyDined on 8/15/2014You can't go wrong with Wildfire. Great setting and better food!Special Features:
- LongandLeanDined on 8/15/2014Our waitress was really good. Of course, the food was exceptional, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for steakDaddyGDined on 8/14/2014I always try and fit in a Wildfire trip when in Chicago. The steak is always very good. You do need to book though!