Wildfire - Oakbrook
232 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6305869000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday - Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Oakbrook
Step back in time when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Wildfire - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
713 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (410)good for groups (257)great for lunch (229)fit for foodies (204)romantic (152)vibrant bar scene (113)notable wine list (113)hot spot (92)neighborhood gem (88)kid-friendly (66)great for brunch (50)late-night find (44)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014Server was friendly: food was great. I had the chopped salad. It is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our reservation was at 715, we came in at 708pm, we got seated at 740pm. What is the point of making a reservation if they seat us 25 minutes past our reservation time? They're reasoning was that they had 4 other reservations at 715 and no other tables had left yet. I suggest you to make less reservations available at the same time. Also, our waiter seemed overwhelmed with the amount of tables she had to serve, she was courteous but service could have been more attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/18/2014Never disappointed when I come to the restaurant. Have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight fitmr99Dined on 9/15/2014The service was excellent and the food was top notch. My only complaint is they had seven of us at a table suitable for six and it was pushed up against a wall making for a very tight dining experience. My reservation was for eight people (flight delayed for one) which would have been a no go at the table they gave us and they had it set for all eight.
- Always great diningSlyviDined on 9/15/2014This is my " go to" restaurant whenever I need to go out someplace special. I know the food, atmosphere and service is always great. Highly recommend to everyone I know when iooking for a great place for any meal, party or celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most enjoyable restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Everything about our experience in dining at this restaurant was wonderful. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Made reservations for 6 people at 6:30.... didn't get seated for 20 minutes! Then it took a half hour until we ordered! They only brought out 1 order of bread... for 6 people. We of course asked for more. We were also routinely asking to refill our water glasses. We didn't end of leaving until 9pm!!! We've been to the Wildfire in Lincolnshire and Glenview previously and very much enjoyed our experiences there. While the food was comparable to the Lincolnshire & Glenview locations, the service was far below.
- Never DisappointsLloweDined on 9/14/2014Always a great time at wildfire!! Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable butUnhappyDinersDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant was very busy, overcrowded, and somewhat noisy. Overall our server was attentive to our requests. Food was good, but could have been better. Suffice it to say our overall opinion is just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencePaulDined on 9/14/2014I have been to this wildfire location a countless number of times and I have always been pleased. The food is always great. On this occassion I took my two year old son and was very happy the restaurant was busy and energetic as it drowned out his occasional outbursts. But I have to say that it was a fun energectic. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Wildfire-never disappointssharonDined on 9/14/2014Our favorite place. Always great food and the service is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LjjbDined on 9/14/2014Made reservation & arrived on time. Host walked us past many available tables thru main room, bar, &side room to a small room with only a table of 12 having a party& our table, we refused to sit there & were moved to side room Our server was arrogant, bus staff kept trying to take our bread away then asked if I was "still working" on my salad, no, I was still trying to enjoy it. Food was just average, I'm not a great cook but I could have made a better salad. The whole restaurant needs to be cleaned
- Steven19VIPDined on 9/14/2014Never a bad meal at Wildfire. We had a relaxing late lunch with great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait / best waitress everBenloloDined on 9/13/2014Our waitress was the best ..The wait was too long even with reservations was contemplating if we should go to the Reel Resturant beneath .. We waited over 1 hour and ten minutes ... But out waitress made it worth the wait ..however next time I will leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, OK svc, bad locationMHP777Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, menu has a lot of variety. Bison meatballs appetizer was succulent; bacon-wrapped filet was tender but a little "gamey" (perhaps the cows aren't grass-fed); swordfish was melt-in-your-mouth tender. Desserts were great (cookie a la mode and sample cake platter). However, one filet was brought with bacon on the side, rather than bacon-wrapped; had to have it redone. Also, the server took the order, but many others served the food, so the experience was not very personal. And, the location sucks: from the lower parking lot, you have to either climb many stairs; from the upper parking lot, it's a LONG walk to the door--very bad for someone with a walker (like my dad). And, so noisy we had to yell to hear each other.
- Solid steakhousealipaddDined on 9/13/2014Very reliable steakhouse. Steaks were tender, perfectly cooked. The bernaise sauce was the only disappointment, being served cool, not warm. The French onion soup was outstanding! Our server, Matt, was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother making a reservationOnlymandersDined on 9/13/2014Because you will have to wait 15-30 minutes anyways. We went for my birthday and were seated in the farthest back room and table right next to the open kitchen door. It was small and cramped for four people. Since we were next to the kitchen it was a constant string of people coming, going, and yelling. They also overlooked my finances steak and it took at least 20 minutes to get a new one as the rest of us had finished out meals already. The manager didn't seem to care that it took that long and our waitress consistently disappeared when needed. The food, when cooked right is decent. Their martinis are great but really pricey. Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerRobertDined on 9/13/2014My family (a party of 8) and I went to Wildfire to celebrate my 66th Birthday and we were not disappointed. The food and service were both excellent. Wildfire has become one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- First reservation experienceHocklaunDined on 9/13/2014This was my first experience with on line reservations. It was simple and actually worked. The table was waiting for us! I felt bad for the folks waiting. That was me before I discovered on line reservations. A senior citizen learning to make technology work for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSusanDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was awesome and helpful and enthusiastic about the cuisine. We had two totally different meals and enjoyed both thoroughly. I have a special which was a stuffed hamburger that was outstanding and my friend had shrimp. The mood is good , The restaurant was busy, and yet we still had timely service. They did a fine job of taking care of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyjustamealDined on 9/12/2014Steak was good. Wife's pizza good. Creamed spinach good. Apple pie very good. Service a little slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 9/12/2014Always a good place for lunch or dinner. This restaurant manages its reservations well; if you have them, there is no wait.Special Features:
- Great foodMaureenJDined on 9/11/2014I had the Waldorf Salad. My leftovers (enough for 2 people) were just as delightful as my original lunch (I had 1/2 of the serving at lunch).Special Features:
- LauraVIPDined on 9/10/2014Ate at the bar today. Great service from our bartender, Ashley! Great food. I can't get enough of that chop salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent food and service, they sat us right on time, and the service by the waitress was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long time fanlwcoDined on 9/10/2014Wildfire has been a favorite for many years. This evening we were not impressed. The usual high quality had slipped. Hopefully just an off night.Special Features:
- amazing lunchShell393684Dined on 9/10/2014My colleague treated me to lunch for my birthday. We had a booth, as requested, facing the kitchen. I tried the salad and mushroom asiago pizza for the first time and it was so delicious. Everything I've eaten here is phenomenal. I was surprised that I received a free dessert with a candle for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlesDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I went to dinner at Wildfire for our anniversary. I stated this when I booked the reservations. They seated us next to a family with two small children (under the age of 5). It was very frustrating. Why would you put a couple next to a young family when they were out for their anniversary? We mention our disappointment to the waitress who had the manager come over. What a waste of time speaking to him. He only made me angrier. He gave us his card and told us to call him next time we came in for dinner? I would never recommend this place for a special occasion. With so many restaurants to choose from in the western suburbs I would not choose this one. The way the manager handle the situation made us not want to return.Special Features:
- Excellent CuisineBobbyeVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our food was up to standard, but the Hostess didn't honor our request which had been made with the reservation. Unfortunately our waitress left much to be desired as well. As this is one of our favorite restaurants it was disappointing in terms of where we sat, who our waitress was and the general confusion from the Hostess stand. Fortunately the wait staff is usually above average and most accommodating. I'm glad this wasn't our first time dining at Wildfire or we wouldn't be inclined to rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodLavo114Dined on 9/9/2014Awesome food once again, steaks out of this world, great ribsSpecial Features:
- Excellent CuisineBobbyeVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food and service were excellent. We were ushered into a small dark room steps away from the Hostess area. The restaurant was quite empty and it was not an ideal location as it was further from the kitchen and our staff was also assigned elsewhere. I'm never impressed by the Host/Hostess group here and return for the excellent food once you get past them. There are always interesting specials as well as "favorites" you can count on being available. The corn bread during lunchtime has been a nice addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWildfireFan2Dined on 9/7/2014We were celebrating a birthday with a small group of family - everyone had a great time - the service was great and the food was also great! I love Wildfire!Special Features:
- MJLMJLNaperDined on 9/7/2014I have always enjoyed Wildfire and they are better than ever. Excellent server and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This is always our favorite date night choice. Love the food and the atmosphere. The only negative is it is a very loud restaurant to dine in, people at their tables literally yelling at some points. Lacks class for the atmosphere and type of restaurant - important to note, this was in the dining room and not the bar. On this occasion, service was extremely poor. We had to wait a while to be greeted by our server. He often neglected our table, drinks went empty for an extended period of time. I asked the server for a straw and never received one. However, we still love this restaurant, would highly recommend it to everyone and will most certainly be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodMattmaryDined on 9/6/2014We visit Wildfire a few times per year and this visit did not disappoint. Seated as we arrived, great service and very good food. Definitely one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Delish!PreoliVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food and service were amazing! Great night with the hubby...great cocktails, delicious dinner and amazing conversation; perfect date night. Thanks Wildfire Oakbrook!Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/6/2014Overall, the food was very good. Two complaints: it was very noisy. We originally asked for a more private table. We waited a long time and then took what was available. The waiter did comp us an appetizer, which was nice. Secondly, we had to wait along time for our drinks and food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Our server was competent but seemed less than pleased when we didn't order any appetizers; plus we had gotten a drink from the bar because we were a bit early for our reservation. The bread was delicious as always! My meal was cool to the touch, but the manager stopped by our table to deliver a fresh plate. Our other meal was wonderful. The manager comped my meal, but the server didn't tell us that. We feel he should have because otherwise his tip might have been lower if we didn't really pay attention to the total due. It's usually one of my favorite restaurants. This is the first time I haven't had a wonderful dining experience there.Special Features:
- Casual Lunch with friendsRushedVIPDined on 9/4/2014My friends and I meet monthly for lunch and who can make it do and who can't don't. We 80% of the time pick Wildfire because of the food, location, ambiance and service. Today we had a waitress Cynthia and she was outstanding. We had a great time and were never rushed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I've been to Wildfire twice within the past month and I have to say both times I've been disappointed. From the placement of our entrees to the arrival at our table was probably 10 minutes. We didn't have a chance to finish our drinks. Although the cocktails were excellent as always our dinner both times, the usually incredible Halibut, was mediocre at best and the asparagus was teetering on cold and under cooked. It's going to be a while before we come back again.