Wildfire - Oakbrook
232 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6305869000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday - Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Oakbrook
Step back in time when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Wildfire - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
719 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (403)good for groups (268)fit for foodies (220)great for lunch (209)romantic (155)vibrant bar scene (131)notable wine list (113)hot spot (102)neighborhood gem (88)kid-friendly (65)late-night find (41)great for brunch (38)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Great seafoodluvagoodtimeDined on 10/27/2014Its Halibut season; enjoyed it immensely. The fish and the wine were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfan1Dined on 10/25/2014Great steaks, outstanding service, fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat. Dinnersassy1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Dinner was very good as usual but the service was slow. The restaurant was moderately busy but out of all the times we have been there dinner took along time. Dessert was super fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Room at Oak Brook needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014My wife wanted to go her birthday and the experience was a bit weak. I feel just putting table cloths on the tables in the back would have made the room more classy, but that wasn't done. My wife and I felt like we were at the kids table the whole night. Server was professional yet not attentive. I would think a very small bit of extra effort by the management could make that back room look less like a cafeteria. If you are going for a special occasion make sure to ask for the main dining room.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first time at this location, we usually dine in Schaumburg. Other than the parking situation, crazy, thank goodness for valet. Exceptional wait staff, she overheard us mention it was our anniversary and brought a special desert. She was right on with her suggestions, I like to go with the servers suggestions over which entree to opt for. Very busy Saturday night and we did not feel rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love WildfireFoodfanDined on 10/24/2014I absolutely love this place! The food the ambiance is spot on.. Do yourself a favor and eat here often you wont regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th Annual Dinner of 6 friendsAnnualDinnerDined on 10/24/2014For the most part, good. One person's chair was all but touching the chair behind her, & she could hardly move. For the price, it would have been nice if an add'l side or even soup or salad was included. As for the waitress, though she did her job, was not friendly. Also never got additional cocktail sauce for appetizer after asking the person helping waitress. Didn't ask waitress as she made me feel as if it might be a to "bother" her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire OakBrookDepaulDined on 10/24/2014Very pricey but food is tasty and well prepared. Menu is diverse so there is something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch2dogniteDined on 10/24/2014Had a reservation for noon, they took us right away. It was our server's first day and she did a great job in keeping our drinks filled and our cornbread coming. My friend had the bison burger and I had the steak and blue cheese salad....both very good. The server brought out the dessert tray and was able to tell us a little about each selection. My friend had the ice cream sundae and I had the pumpkin pie....again....very good. No complaints from us. My friend had never been there before....I am a seasoned vet....we both loved it and will return again! The noise level is a little challenging at lunch...a lot of people coming and going....if not, you wouldn't want to be there either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Excellence!burbydiner74Dined on 10/22/2014I dined here many times with work colleagues and have enjoyed many evenings with my significant other here. Food is always excellent. Service is outstanding!Special Features:
- Night OutibehappyDined on 10/22/2014Our waiter was excellent, horseradish crusted steaks were delicious, and the Cocktail Lounge atmosphere was energetic. Make a reservation: very crowded for a Wednesday and parking lots full. For a special occasion, request the Wellington Room for a quieter/intimate experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire is still exceptional!!!BILLtheITguyDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I found this great restaurant when we searched for a place to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary dinner; that was back in 1998. We didn't know it then, but we had just started our own little tradition that night, as we have been going back there every year since in order to celebrate our anniversary with dinner and drinks. Last night we celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary, with a table in the main dining room near the fire place with yet another fantastic dinner. Service was EXCELLENT, food and trimmings were well prepared, and the delivery of courses and drinks were timed just right (you're never rushed, but you're not waiting around either). Oh, and if you like Prime Rib , you will love Wildfire in Oak Brook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavoring OfffrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Potatoes had a sour taste and the halibut had no flavor at all. Wildfire is usually good, but occasionally off their game.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianaDianaDined on 10/21/2014Excellent food and reasonable prices for the quality and menus options. Always make a reservation.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and serviceBaileyDined on 10/21/2014Love this place and while it can be noisy. They are very accomodating if you request a quiet table or booth. Service and food were excellent.
- Service needs improvingNicknameVIPDined on 10/20/2014Food is always reliable. Service not up to snuff. Back waiters pouring water over the waiter pouring wine. Disjointed and rushed waiters. Need much better house management.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salmon! Great Steak!susieVIPDined on 10/20/2014We dined with our friends from Boston. We enjoyed the entire experience! Service was attentive and the steak was delicious as was the salmon! We will be back!Special Features:
- Love to FishLizFoodieDined on 10/20/2014I had the special seasonal macadamia nut crusted Halibut. Fantastic! Fish was fresh, flaky and crusty outside. Super delicious! Great white sauce. Also had the crab lobster bisque. Fabulous! Mixed berry crisp for dessert. Warmed with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce. No better comfort food! Service was attentive without being intrusive. Impeccable timing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Been dining at Wildfire MANY years. A bit disappointing last time (Sunday). ordered Ribeye off the Dinner Menu and experienced stringiness. Not tough, however. (I wanted Prime Rib and was told another 2 Hours)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire is a great place to dineWildfirelover01Dined on 10/18/2014The wildfire has Very delicious food it's a great place for family and friends. It is also a great place to enjoy your mate in a rather intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not romanticTruthrellerDined on 10/18/2014Made reservations months in advance for our anniversary which also happened to be sweetest day. Services was slow, they sat us in the bar which was not romantic, no ambiance and the food was not in line with their prices. They packed the place like we were all sardines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PAWSDined on 10/18/2014I've dined at Wildfire Oakbrook several times -- this time my Waiter was less then stellar -- I ordered a Sprite and there was no syrup in it -- it tasted awful like seltzer water (which I hate). When I advised the waiter, he acted like it was no Big Deal, (when in fact it left a awful taste in my mouth and almost ruined my dinner. He simply advised my manager is changing the syrup, (he didn't even offer to comp the Sprite), he did eventually bring another Sprite, and I advised No Thank You, I'll drink water, he simply removed the Sprite from my table, never asked can I bring you another beverage ! I was very disappointed, as I've always gotten great service and very attentive waiters when I've previously dined at Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic Supper ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014If you're in the mood for an upbeat, bustling place, this is a good choice. Food is very good, especially the beef, although the wild rice side dish was gummy. But if you just need good food among a crowd of people, Wildfire is an excellent choice.Special Features:
- over done steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/20142nd time in 1 month that have ordered med. porahouse & filet both times have come in well done. Alot of $ for a overdone steaks. This has now happened 2 times in a row. ive been coming there for over 14 yrs. Never had this happen before.Special Features:
- NiteoutNiteoutDined on 10/18/2014Table was ready upon our arrival, waiter was friendly and knowledgeable,Great place for a dinner out with that special person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014OUr server, Jason, was top notch. Wife's steak was a little fatty compared to our normal experience at Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicepirateduckDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We had the mushroom crusted pork chops that melted in your mouth. However, we also had the skirt steak which was very chewy. Yes, we know skirt steak is tough but not typically like this. We wouldn't order it again but very highly recommend the pork chops. We also paid extra to get the BBQ Sweet Potatoes. They were BBQ because they had seasoning on the skin which most people don't eat anyway. The potato was very large and had a nice flavor. However, it was "hard", not cooked all the way.Special Features:
- Liked everything...but the steakinsearchofDined on 10/17/2014Sadly the one thing this place should be known for is their major downfall. For some reason, they just can't cook a steak. Been here twice and both times they were way off on the cook. The first time I was pregnant and got the filet trio. The steaks each ranged from burnt to super rare (a no-no for a preggers girl). The steak cuts were also way off in size range. We swore this place off after that but were really in the mood for steak the other night and tried it again. This time got the full size filet thinking maybe they can get a single steak right...nope. My "medium" filet ending up burnt with a rare-blue interior and grissle throughout. My husbands "medium rare" porterhouse request was medium well in most parts. Sad.
- First of many....CamelbackDined on 10/17/2014For a birthday dinner,my girlfriend and I agreed we could pick our own places . The other treats. She picked Wildfire,,I paid. OUTSTANDING, I'm picking the same for my birthday,she agrees! My guess is we will return between now and that date anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the back room!!RandP1943Dined on 10/17/2014The man sitting next to our table had to put his chair right up against the corner of our table, which became very uncomfortable for a $250.00 meal!!!Special Features:
- Less Than ImpressedonlyboyjohnDined on 10/16/2014Before it gets lost, let me say that our server did an excellent job! The food was less-than-impressive and my martini was underwhelming. I had the grilled seafood platter. The "bacon" that was used to wrap the scallops was all fat, which ruined the texture of the first scallop (I learn quick and removed it from the others). I would, though, recommend the fresh fruit crumble for dessert. This was very good!Special Features:
- Always a great experience!!!!jazzerVIPDined on 10/16/2014Food is always good, the server was outstanding! One of our "go to" places!!Special Features:
- Great dining!DivaOneDined on 10/14/2014I took a work group here to celebrate an award since it was their favorite place. We had a wonderful lunch - everyone enjoyed their food very much. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- waiter kind of lostOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Great food but waiter,it seems, had to many tables to attend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable prices!blingthingDined on 10/12/2014I had the tenderloin trio special with choice of crust topping ($35). The meat was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Good wine selection with very good moderately priced wines.Special Features:
- Very loudBillSDined on 10/12/2014Surrounded by multiple tables of six or more people, it was extremely difficult to carry out a conversation at our table of four. Food was very average, nothing special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I would recommend the restaurant and I will revisit but would request a better table not in the little group room, very drab and could not see anything
- bad bad service, great foodChefEdG4rPDined on 10/11/2014I wait to long for the food, soup was cold, old coffee. We can problably live with out pay, we wait about 20 min to get the bill, server never said sorry, most servers just walk around playing around.. we only talk to the server one or two times..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Service was quick, food was fantastic, and our server was very informative and helpful. High expectations for the restaurant were met. Great date night.Special Features:
- Outstanding!MountaineerDined on 10/11/2014The difficulty in getting a reservations speaks volumes about the quality of Wildfire. The service was top-notch; food very good. The menu is so large that it is hard to make a choice -- there were so many items I wanted to try. I had the coffee-crusted strip steak, very good, but what I fell in love with was the grits with shoe-string onion rings! They were out-of-this-world!Special Features: